• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Demonbane and Steampunk being canon to each other mean a Cosmology Blog here needs to be made along with an explanation of shared concepts/mechanics (eg. Magic in Demonbane is manipulating information, etc). I reckon every major WAB character will get smurf haxes and resistances with the Outer Gods AZTT, Yog-Sothoth, M and Edison hitting High 1-A.

So from my understanding, Demobane's multiverse was destroyed, and recreated, and this recreated multiverse essentially is the Steampunck verse now?

Makes my head spin, idk what Azathoth is in Demonbane, but in Steampunck right now there is none, and Lily is heavily hinted at becoming Azathoth in the future.

So from my understanding, Demobane's multiverse was destroyed, and recreated, and this recreated multiverse essentially is the Steampunck verse now?
More like Steampunk is part of the new recreated Multiverse(s).

Makes my head spin, idk what Azathoth is in Demonbane, but in Steampunck right now there is none, and Lily is heavily hinted at becoming Azathoth in the future.
As of DYN, Azana Hatsumi was the Azathoth. Though from what Mugen once told me Azana is dead currently because of Dead End Demonbane.
Unrelated bc Steampunk Azathoth's fragment is called "Golden Eye" while Demonbane Azathoth is called "Twilight Gold".

Steampunk verse escaped of the wave of destruction caused by Dead End/Vortex Blaster, while all universes of Demonbane Mythos have been destroyed, the current existing universe is a patchwork universe formed by fragments of the destroyed multiverse. To put it simply, just think of it as 2 separated universes but in the same cosmology and canonicity. (Steampunk verse is still being influenced by Dead End's corruption, however).
More like Steampunk is part of the new recreated Multiverse(s).

As of DYN, Azana Hatsumi was the Azathoth. Though from what Mugen once told me Azana is dead currently because of Dead End Demonbane.
Unrelated bc Steampunk Azathoth's fragment is called "Golden Eye" while Demonbane Azathoth is called "Twilight Gold".
Azana is only a temporary substitute of Azathoth though, she was there to fill the seat and that's about it. Boku IS the genuine Azathoth since they are his reincarnation.

The 2nd Demonbane Fanzin book has involvement from Sakurai as well, she did write the premise of the book.
So yes, can we finally accept Steampunk and Demonbane as one now?
How to continue your series without actually doing much of it for years 101.

That does sound like something Sakurai would do lol.

Well if Sakurai DID take part in writing the Fanzin 2's premise...

Demonbane and Steampunk being canon to each other mean a Cosmology Blog here needs to be made along with an explanation of shared concepts/mechanics (eg. Magic in Demonbane is manipulating information, etc). I reckon every major WAB character will get smurf haxes and resistances with the Outer Gods AZTT, Yog-Sothoth, M and Edison hitting High 1-A.
Plus this on doubling down on the characters and such Jin wrote for Steampunk and used back for Demonbane, that would be settled down on making a potential Steampunk cosmology page.

I still have to review back a couple of books I got, but I pretty much know most of what's known here and there of Steampunk. It's just connecting Demonbane to it that would be slightly tricky ^^;

My thing basically is how exactly do we scale these different cosmology together.

They are connected, but how does all this relate to the actual cosmology/God tiers of Steampunck.

Right now I am still thinking it's just a neat thing, until there is a direct statement like Demonbane Nyar=Steampunk Nyar.

Last edited:
My thing basically is how exactly do we scale these different cosmology together.

They are connected, but how does all this relate to the actual cosmology/God tiers of Steampunck.

Right now I am still thinking it's just a neat thing, until there is a direct statement like Demonbane Nyar=Steampunk Nyar.
Mechanics and Gods.

For example, in Demonbane, Information is the fundamental aspect of reality or the world which composes the systems or laws that shape the world/universe and Magic is the art which can be used to manipulate the information. Information is also a quintessential aspect of "Magic Power" which is the fundamental element of any system and which comes from the void itself. It is known as Ether and Mana, but it is commonly referred to in the verse as Azathoth. This Azathoth is also called the Causal Particle and they can be compressed into information to create new spells and manipulating existing programs/systems.
Therefore, everyone in Steampunk who manipulates Information will possibly have a bunch of additional haxes such as Magic and Causality Manipulation (Among others)

Another example, in Demonbane, The "Court of Azathoth" or the "Universe of the Demon Gods" is the True Original Universe where all the Demon Gods such as the "Outer Gods" and the "Great Old Ones" existed and where they were sealed by the Shining Trapezohedron. This "Court of Azathoth" is literally "Chaos". In fact, Chaos (also called Sea of Chaos/Boiling Soup of Chaos) is the Primordial Void and the source of all things in Existence (and Non-Existence). Moreover, Chaos is the True Infinity and it is the very essence of Nyarlathotep as well as being the Court of Azathoth – the True Universe of Evil Outer Gods.
As I said above, this Chaos will likely be High 1-A in the tiering system, and thus, all the Outer Gods such as M, Edison, etc will all be High 1-A since they are just different facets of Nyarlathotep (In Demonbane, Nyarlathotep also has different facets as Nyar, Father Ny, Clockwork Phantom, Ultrathotep, Thousand Faces, etc).

Yea I am still not convinced.

Until the series start addressing these connections, explaining how they work, I don't think we should be making these connections for it. Demonbane has it's own logic, and Steampunck has it's own, of course we have seen they are connected now, but how exactly does this all work now in practice? Just speculation imo.

Sidenote Cracking already has causality manipulation btw. To what I was saying though about the power systems, Cracking is the major system in Steampunck, while Magic apparently is for Demonbane, Cracking is said to have magic like affects, but magic isn't (from all I have read) an actual thing Steampunck people use.

The way I see it from how Mugen puts it:

Basically, DMB Series had some sort of multiversal destruction event that wrecked their worlds and whatever remained in any sort of capacity and structure came together to form the "Patchwork Universe". Only a couple seem to have escaped this event largely unscatched like Sakurai's Steampunk Series (though it's "infected" by this Dead-End's corruption but other than that, WAB Series is still intact and working on its own structure).

This means Steampunk, while a part of the DMB series due to sharing same characters and setting elements like Bronze, Fu Manchuu, Akushinkage and K'n Yan, it's otherwise its own thing separate from whatever is going on nowadays with DMB.

I do recall Mugen saying that there even exists things like Critters in DMB, and I have seen Hagenaya Jin's tweets about them before + that tweet where he explains how Akushin's ninja's liaodan is meant to be used against Critter Voice's but there's not much detail from that from what I recall altogether.

Back