• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
95%, getting close, just one more update, also they doing refrain it seems.

What's refrain again, a fandisk or a novel?

It's only been 2 weeks since the last update, so I wouldn't expect them to pull off the last 10% in short time. If it were a months time, yes. 3 weeks, maybe pushing it but could see that happen like before.

Refrain's a PSP/Xbox version of Sona Nyl. Supposedly it has things like a "Ex Scenerio" and some other content like from the Engine Dictionary and possibly Eye of Hypnos?

I have zero idea what Refrain really is. Though if what I suspect is right, it may just make my current work pointless to do outside of the webnovel storyline ^^;

I can't say for what it is rn.

Oh, Refrain could be interesting them, more content is always good.

Hopefully it doesn't also take years to finish translating like sona nyl.

Aye. The novels I have actually come under as "Refrain" content, so maybe it'll be in the bonus content of the VN as well possibly. I have been told that the PSP/XBOX360 versions is where you get to learn about Hypnos bar and things like the ED where you can read about Howler in Darkness came with it.

So if Managamar really is putting content in the translated VN from the PSP/XBOX games, you might not have to wait for me on the information.

But IDK what "bonus" extails exactly as I'm thinking of it. And they did just announce that they'll come around to it.

You think that's why it took them this long to get where they're at now?

Seems to me they are translating the extra content from Refrain and putting it in their release.

Sounds like they just started it too, idk.

"-Sakurai writing style is hard to translate

-This release combines materials from JP PC and PSP versions (one is 4:3 and the other is 16:9)

-there are parts of the game with voice lines with no text which are really important for the plot so those had to be translated somehow"

This is what I found from the last update on one of the comments. Since they said "PSP version" that means it's the Refrain ver of Sona Nyl, meaning they are adding more content to it on top of the base game you'll get when it drops.

Makes me wonder if you have to pay for it or MG will let you download it or have come with it altogether on release.

So a combination, cool, would have sucked if there wasn't all that important stuff from the psp version included.

I got an answer from someone whose already, or likely has, played both versions.

So Refrain not only adds Magical Eye of Hypnos, and the ED stuff likely, but also something called "Refrain".

It's a big spoiler in actuality but for what I can only say, it has to do with what happened between Lily and Edison at the end, and even has Edison summon up the Great/Mega Engine Clock Tower for it.

I will add this: It has to do with repeating/looping.

Well in any case, there'll be plenty of reading and work cut out for ya on the future profiles.

Lily's Dream Walking, A's Howler in Darkness "Critter", Edison on his Mega Clock, the bar...as I said, plenty to read through for a while.

All i want is tier 1 Edison and smurf Lily.

Though obviously wanna see how the story stacks up compared to what we have seen before.

Might become our favorite, who knows. Just wondering about the style of story telling, whether it will take the Gahthun route, everything is to the point and highly entertaining or Inganock route, the reader has to put information together with some things seeming inconclusive.

I asked again on that thread.

Turns out the Engine Dictionary won't be added. Just the "refrain" thing I mentioned plus Eye of Hypnos. Didn't ask about the Webnovel portion though. The only thing that sorta tells me that it might be on there is from Atwiki and so far they've been pretty accurate in what I find. But I could be wrong and I'm about 2/3rd's done with it so I can have it around in case it's not on the finished product.

So I guess the only kind of work for Sona Nyl I can do is just the Engine Dictionary storyline.

Tier 1 WAB would be nice. And maybe. The only thing now is to wait on the "when" of the updates of that as the VN is being done editing.

The WN may be in it, since you have to read that before Hypnos. But we'll see.

Yeah.

April is the last month for them to push out the last 5%. After that is editing and testing if we go by the other projects they have. If that happens, I too expect it to have a June release or July even at the earliest.

Updated my blog on the Sona Nyl novel content here.

Pretty much I can only really do the Engine Dictionary book as I just searched around earlier that the WN story "Bloody Tears of Uitzilopochtli" will, or should also be covered in the "Refrain" bonus content. Probably wasted about 2 weeks of my time on it but not too feels bad about it. If it were a month, that'd be a different story.

The Engine Dictionary's in-book story is important as it tells me a caution note about going through Sona Nyl Refrain's "Ex-Scenario" which according to what I found is what Eye of Hypnos and Uitzilopochtli are in the Refrain version of Sona Nyl.

Bad thing: again, wasted time of 2 weeks on me. Good thing: less work for me to do lol.

That's a pretty nice sona nyl pic there on the blog, 1 thing i have noticed is sona nyl has pretty good art.

Btw just curious has anyone commented on your blog yet?

They're done by the same artist who did Sharnoth and Karsheel's artwork, which is pretty noice. That artwork I put on there is actually the official art for the Refrain version.

Nope lol. I put that active just in case though, but more so for things like "you actually translated this? o_o"

Well WABS isn't exactly popular like a Fate series, and your not really advertising the translations.

https://dengekionline.com/elem/000/000/791/791800/

Guess this will be the last thing to talk about from me before the forum gets moved.

This was an interview Sakurai had 6 years ago I found, with questions related to Sona Nyl Refrain and about herself as a writer and her works.

Some of them were funny, like how Sakurai commented that WAB was also especially popular with female fans of the series. Others were related to the series as a whole like Valusia and after is when full voice was implemented to something where she would make an anime version of Sona Nyl, Sharnoth and Gahkthun if given the chance. But not Inganock because apparently it's "harsh" lol.

Smexy men in fine art is what it is lol. The PSP port in particular was mentioned along that line, so it could be that.

Sakurai also mentioned about the "Large Engine Dictionary" and if what gaggle TL is trying to say, the Engine Dictionary has that Twitter Novella one of the guys over at the other WAB forum I go to mentioned but it's been recorded in book form which I believe is the book I have.

I also forgot to mention this when I got it but the book tells me that we're supposed to read it after "enjoying Sona Nyl Refrain but before getting into the EX scenarios" which are the WN and Eye of Hypnos stories.

I should be starting off on it tomorrow just to get that out of the way whenever Mangagamer makes their next update. I also got a short story or two and one of them includes a mention of AZTT in it like I mentioned which I want to get out of by them the VN drops later this year.

Obvious troll is obvious.

Anyway back to the discussion, Mangagamer updated like last Saturday too and there was no Sona Nyl update.

Didn't see the post of theirs, was off a bit.

Aye, they did. It might be since they're working on the Sona Nyl Refrain content that they're withholding any updates of it until next time. Or that's how I think of it.

On the sidenote, I just got started on working on the Sona Nyl Engine Dictionary novel story. And from peeking through its contents, I do believe this is what one of the guys at Animesuki's WAB thread told me about it being the same novel that has A being attacked by some Elysia Gods and M granting him Howler in Darkness. At least in this way with MG's progress, I know I can get the story done by the time it finally finishes.

They're actually called Elder Gods, to be correct. I just said Elysia Gods out of name slipping.

These guys.

The Dictionary's novel story is actually a collection of episodes of not only A and Lily (though theirs make up the bulk of it) but also stuff like the Black King's "episode" and a brief section with Hypnos, who name drops a couple Elder Gods including Sanido, the leader of them all.

Oh, just more Cthulu Mythos stuff then. Is Sonido that God who can destroy a galaxy with their kindness or something?

Remember something like that.

Should be some pretty important info in there.

>Sonido

Bleach~

Yeah. Them being the leader of the Elder Gods much like how AZTT/Azathoth is the leader of the Outer Gods should sorta speak of their power/standing amongst the strongest in the setting...just have to go through the book to find out. If the galaxy part isn't in that, then should be in the Refrain content's "EX scenario" where we can read the Webnovel and Eye of Hypnos stories provided in there.

Amusingly, M's section of the book not only reads out as "Slumber of the Black King" but the part over "Black King" outright reads Nyarlathotep. Obvious at this point we know who and what M really is, but I like the consistency in that.

From, what i can saw on wikipedia, the Elder Gods oppose Cthulu and co who are Old Ones.

Not sure how Elder Gods scale in relation to Outer Gods in Cthulu Mythos, though apparently Hypnos is one.

Anyway i think Sonido being AZTT level might be a stretch but idk. At the very least i would like to know how Sonido stacks up against M and Edison.

It might be a stretch, yeah. At most they sound just at least Galaxy, and that's just through kindness alone and not them doing anything physical or whatever.

That's also why I'm going through the novel now while we're still waiting on the VN to finish up. Especially since I got this line here before the start of it:

"ÒüôÒéîÒéêÒéèÕàêÒü«ÚáüÒü»『þ┤½Õ¢▒Òü«Òé¢ÒâèÒâ╝ÒâïÒâ½ Refrain』µ£¼þÀ¿Þ¬¡õ║åÕ¥îÒÇü『EX ÒéÀÒâèÒâ¬Òé¬』ÚûïÕºïÕëìÒü½ÒüèÞ¬¡Òü┐ÒüäÒüƒÒüáÒüÅÒü¿õ©ÇÕ▒ñÒüèµÑ¢ÒüùÒü┐ÒüäÒüƒÒüáÒüæÒü¥ÒüÖÒÇé"

Which Gaggle TL basically says "For further enjoyment, please read the pages beyond this after reading the main part of "Shiei no Sona Nyl Refrain" and before starting the "EX Scenario"".

We probably don't have to read it but I think to me you can read it so you can have a better understanding of what happens in the WN and Eye of Hypnos.

Òé»Òâ¬ÒââÒé┐Òâ╝Òâ╗ÒâÅÒéªÒâ®Òâ╝ÒéñÒâ│ÒâÇÒâ╝Òé»ÒâìÒé╣ÒÇé

Õ¢▒ÒüîÒÇêÒüïÒüƒÒüíÒÇëÒü¿Òü¬ÒüúÒüªÒüäÒüƒÒÇé ÕâòÒü«Õ¢▒ÒüîÕâòÞç¬Þ║½ÒéÆÕîàÒü┐Þ¥╝Òü┐ÒÇüÕâòÒü»ÒÇüÕñëÕîûÒüùÒüƒÒÇéÕº┐ÒéÆÕñëÒüêÒüƒÒÇéÕâòÒü»ÒÇüõ©ëÒüñÒü«ÞäÜÒü¿þò░µºÿÒü½Òü¡ÒüÿÒéîÒüƒÕÀ¿ÞàòÒéƵ£ëÒüÖÒéïÕ¢▒Òü«ÕÀ¿õ║║Òü¿ÕîûÒüùÒüªÒüäÒüƒÒÇéÚá¡Úâ¿Òü»Òü¡ÒüÿÒéîÒüºÒÇüþäíÞ▓îÒü©Òü¿ÕñëÒéÅÒüúÒüªÒüäÒüƒÒÇé

Sneak peak preview from the Great Engine Dictionary novel story.

Here, A has his encounter with the three Elysians/Elder Gods and his new Critter Howler in Darkness is formed. The thing is rather than having it summoned as a form out from his Shadows, which is how his Critters are formed from(?), Howler in Darkness actually wraps around A himself which seems pretty reminiscent of a certain Jet Black God.

A is gonna the Elder Gods? Well guess this will be a way to gauge their power, though we still don't know how powerful A is.

I think he destroys them but it cuts short cuz it was in a dream. A detail I forgot to mention here is that A seemingly has the ability to go to where Lily is even while she sleeps and dreams. DK how, but A explains that he can't sleep, therefore he can't dream but somehow he can go where Lily is as a "Shadow" or something. Usually as Lily's shadow but this one eludes me on how this works.

The better question is how powerful the Elder Gods are to get A worried, or more like how powerful is A is with Howler in Darkness and whether it scales to the Jet Black of M's or not. M's episode chapter will actually explore that aspect a bit, and there is an interesting series of lines mentioned regarding Cracking. But IDK how related it is to Howler in Darkness.

Far as I know, this gives A a new power post Sona Nyl and M another add on of Power Bestowal. I want haxed A as much as I want haxed Lily and Tier 1 Edison for Sona Nyl lol.

A has dimensional travel and type 3 self sustenance then.

Doubtful A fully scales to M, but who knows.

I am just curious what A's normal power scale is at, Sona-nyl in general really, Inganock level, Gahkthun level? Though really Inganock, Gahkthun and Sharnoth all have characters who are 8-C. It's Karsheel that's the outlier with 9-B characters, though 8-A and Low 7-C with weapons.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back