• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator
main_bg.jpg

Thread to discuss anything What a Beautiful Series related.

Previous Thread

Don't know if there is still any interest in this verse, seeing as it took 7 years to translate the next series... But hey Sona Nyl is coming december 7th, which means i have 3 weeks to speedrun Inganock, Sharnoth and Gahkthun.

Well hey, someone is alive here.

With the long holiday weekend, my goal is to finish off Inganock, was halfway through my re-read, after that will post a CRT since i noticed some stuff.

Have to say every re-read of Inganock makes it better for me, much better at noticing stuff, especially when it comes to the characters and story. Everyone in Inganock truly are just a little bit away from snapping even if they seem happy.

On chapter 11 now, i should be done tomorrow i guess? From there just have to work on a CRT, though i was gonna try and figure out how to calc a certain lifting feat, Porshion stopping Golem's fingers, but might not bother, there is a Class 5 feat that Ati has which would basically scale to everyone.

I assume i will have a CRT ready on Tuesday, but we will see.

Just finished Inganock, took longer than expected, but finally done. This is like my 3rd? Read through, and definitely the best, might arguable put Inganock in my top 5 VN's.

Anyway in terms of powerscaling, i have a couple things i want to see if i can calc, one of which i am pretty confident will upgrade Grimm Grimm, Inganock is massive.

Also off the top of my head since it came up recently, a Kikai's true form imo is nonexistent, not talking about the "form" they have of steel when being used by their users, when a Kikai dies/is erased from existence ie Lemure, they don't truly die, they just become like Grimm, nonexistent beings except unlike Grimm they don't have as much freedom, they only watch things and speak to others.

Will work on calcs and CRT's tomorrow, probably won't post anything official for a while though, next step is reading Sharnoth.

Last edited:
Good news, my calcs have been accepted. Which means Grimm Grimm will be upgraded to Large Island level+, the Class 100 lifting strength for middle stage kikai users and above, is probably iffy though.

Haven't started on the CRT yet, won't have time to work on that till Tuesday, which honestly even when i get a day off from work i am doing other stuff so who knows, weekends are where i get stuff done.

Will try to start my re-read of Sharnoth tonight.

Update i guess, making good progress on the CRT, will try and get it done by the weekend.

Have to say though at this pace, don't think everything will be ready by Sona-Nyl, will probably have to wait a few weeks or so before i can read it, so i can reread Sharnoth, and Gahkthun and get all those CRT's done.

Going through my CRT, just remembered something broken, Cracking can rewrite the equation/numbers of a person to heal them, but when it comes to the diseases in Inganock, or things like Blood Tree's seeds, it can't do anything.

From there i remembered that in Gahkthun it's stated that numbers make up the world, which means imo Cracking is type 2 info manipulation. A lot can come from that, like the fact Kikai and Critter exist as information, Gii can destroy them with his flames, those same flames doesn't work on Petrovna, could probably even argue Grimm Grimm as a nonexistent being lacks that information aspect...

Anyway will be interesting once i read Gahkthun.

Last edited:
😲

Troll? Or for real?
Not a Troll. This comes from the latest Demonbane book & guide (Credit to Mugen_no_Setsuna for scans and pointing it out to me).

Translation:
スチームパンクシリーズに登場する《地下世界 (チカマガイ)》
[Chikamagai (Underworld World)] has appeared in the Steampunk Series.

Jin wrote this for steampunk (Gahkthun Anthology):
──地下魔界(クン・ヤン)であるのかさえ。
──Even if it was just K'un Lun?

This one was "Underground Demon World (K'un Lun). Whereas Demonbane's is "Underground World (Chikamagai)".

A lot can come from that, like the fact Kikai and Critter exist as information
Critter exist as information has been mentioned in Sekien no Inganock: Golden Yarn. Fandisk also has some scans showing that the remaining pieces of Bandersnatch after being destroyed by Gii are fragments of an information construct.
役2年前に歪んでしまったインガノックに死を撒く41のクリッターの中で唯一、自らを王と名乗ったその個体の名を知らない者は下層のどこにもいない。絶対不死、絶対不可侵の物理的情報体。陸上戦車に用いられる砲をも含むあらゆる重火器も、あらゆる物理をねじ曲げるはずの現象数式も通用しないはずの勇猛なる王、人を喰らう41のクリッターうちの1体、20ヶ月前には都市下層のすべてを覆い尽くして数多の死を撒いた41の大いなる恐怖のひとつ。地下の王。

Of the 41 Critters which scattered death throughout Inganock, which became distorted two years ago, there was not one person who didn't know the name of the one who called themself King. An absolutely immortal, absolutely physically impenetrable information body. All heavy weapons, including artillery used by tanks, and even the Phenomena Equation that could distort the laws of physics were not applicable to one of the 41 Critters that devoured people, of the 41 great terrors that covered all of the city's lower tiers by scattering death 20 months ago. That was the Underground King.

すべてを弾く表皮と加護されたはずの情報体は切り裂かれて。

The epirdermis that should have repelled everything, the information body that should have been blessed was torn asunder.

Last edited:
Not a Troll. This comes from the latest Demonbane book & guide (Credit to Mugen_no_Setsuna for scans and pointing it out to me).

Translation:
スチームパンクシリーズに登場する《地下世界 (チカマガイ)》
[Chikamagai (Underworld World)] has appeared in the Steampunk Series.

Jin wrote this for steampunk (Gahkthun Anthology):
──地下魔界(クン・ヤン)であるのかさえ。
──Even if it was just K'un Lun?

This one was "Underground Demon World (K'un Lun). Whereas Demonbane's is "Underground World (Chikamagai)".
Cool, now I am wondering how the 2 cosmology is gonna interact....

Is Edison/M/Nyarlothep just aspects/avatars of the Demonbane Nyarlothep.
Critter exist as information has been mentioned in Sekien no Inganock: Golden Yarn. Fandisk also has some scans showing that the remaining pieces of Bandersnatch after being destroyed by Gii are fragments of an information construct.
That scan is interesting as it says the equation doesn't work on critters, so eventually that will mean type 2 info Manipulation doesn't work on them, makes critters even more abstract I guess.

Cool, now I am wondering how the 2 cosmology is gonna interact....

Is Edison/M/Nyarlothep just aspects/avatars of the Demonbane Nyarlothep.
Steampunkverse is outside of the Tier 0 cosmology of Demonbane as Dead End Demonbane or D destroyed everything and everyone but Steampunkverse is unaffected as it is outside of the range/cosmology.

As for Nyarlathotep one, Demonbane Nyarlathotep has several avatars with their own personality. For example, Nya is a clever but evil busty bookstore owner, Haunter of the Dark is an animalistic creature, Sphinx is a strategic and cunning evil being, Ultrathotep is a Holy Elder God of benevolence and the strongest avatar of Nyarlathotep, etc. This fits well with Steampunk since M and Edison have their own personalities instead of simply being the evil villain. So if M/Edison are avatars of this Nyarlathotep, they'll be similar in power. Which will be 1-A+ at least and have absurd stuff with layered haxes including NEP 2, Transduality 2 Aspect 3, High Godly, negation of the above haxes, resistance to negation of the above haxes, etc.

That scan is interesting as it says the equation doesn't work on critters, so eventually that will mean type 2 info Manipulation doesn't work on them, makes critters even more abstract I guess.
Well, I think this will be Critter's resistance to type 2 information manipulation instead of the more abstract.

@RM97 By the sounds of that, I don't think they will scale, Steampunk seems like it's own thing.

Demobane ended, and now is continuing in Steampunk is what I am getting.

Though if everything ended, how exactly are demonbane stuff showing up in Steampunk?

Last edited:
@RM97 By the sounds of that, I don't think they will scale, Steampunk seems like it's own thing.

Demobane ended, and now is continuing in Steampunk is what I am getting.

Though if everything ended, how exactly are demonbane stuff showing up in Steampunk?
Demonbane hasn't ended actually. If you're talking about the Dead End Demonbane/D ending everything part, then its not the end. Because right after that we get D.Y.N. Freaks, followed by Zanma Taisen novel which is a newly released novel and the first book of a Trilogy series from Jin Haganeya that explores the events surrounding Dead End and brings new characters.

As for scaling, I'm not sure at all. Beings like Azathoth, Yog-Sothoth, and Nyarlathotep exist in Demonbane currently, and as such I wouldn't be surprised if M or Edison are aspects of that overarching Nyarlathotep/Yog-Sothoth. However, it'd be nice if there's any sort of confirmation for that.

For now i just think it's a neat connection and nothing more.

But next think you know two authors might collaborate making a VN together, would be cool.

We all know Tesla would be in it, he is pretty much the face/Mc of steampunck imo.

For now i just think it's a neat connection and nothing more.

But next think you know two authors might collaborate making a VN together, would be cool.

We all know Tesla would be in it, he is pretty much the face/Mc of steampunck imo.
Sakurai and Haganeya collab VN will be awesome ngl. Also, if that were to happen and Tesla appears in it, he'll likely end up becoming an Elder God. This is because Elder Gods in Demonbane are Holy Righteous beings that can also be formed from the undiluted hopes and wishes of mankind (Ultrathotep for example). Tesla is already sustained by people's beliefs and this could lead him to transform into an Elder God.

Would be pretty epic seeing Tesla in his Mecha & Kurou in his Demonbane team up to fight Nyarlathotep or even Dead End Demonbane/D.

That Tesla Elder God connection is too perfect, what are the odds that the requirement to become an Elder God just happens to be something Tesla already has...

Would love for Tesla to get a power up so he can finally end the menace that is Edison, it's insane how wide the gap is between the heroes and the big bad.

Speaking of Critters, they in fact does exist in Demonbane Mythos. There are 3 robots controlled by Vespasianus respectively, called Galba, Otto and Vitelius. These are remnants from the destroyed Clockwork Phantom, and there is one called Juggernaut controlled by Augustus.

After spending half the day on this, CRT is ready, well almost, while going through it i realized there was another feat to calc, which if accepted would upgrade a lot of people to Large Town level.

Will do that in another thread if it goes through, for now gonna take a shower and try and get caught up on some of the anime i have been neglecting.

Have to fix my calc up, but looking like High 7-C will be good once i do, which is cool, i remember a couple years ago when we tried upgrading the cast to Low 7-C, and there was a whole debate about how heat doesn't scale to physicals, now Golem's voice alone scales above that.
Speaking of Critters, they in fact does exist in Demonbane Mythos. There are 3 robots controlled by Vespasianus respectively, called Galba, Otto and Vitelius. These are remnants from the destroyed Clockwork Phantom, and there is one called Juggernaut controlled by Augustus.
Interesting, do they function like Steampunck Critters? Possibilities, passive fear and mind hax yada yada.

Have to fix my calc up, but looking like High 7-C will be good once i do, which is cool, i remember a couple years ago when we tried upgrading the cast to Low 7-C, and there was a whole debate about how heat doesn't scale to physicals, now Golem's voice alone scales above that.

Interesting, do they function like Steampunck Critters? Possibilities, passive fear and mind hax yada yada.
sadly they were briefly introduced in Zanma Taisen's book, we haven't seen what they can do yet, but we will see since Demonbane is still on-going.

My calc as been accepted, so Large Town level+ is a go, will post the crt after i am done with the current one, since it's already long enough.

Maybe an argument for Small City level? Large Town level+ is literally Golem's voice alone, Gii then proceeds to one shot it, but is entirely helpless against Petrovna without evolving, so maybe?

Can't wait for Sona-nyl to come out, now I hope they TL Valusia next and that it'd not take a trillion years like this one...

Applying the Inganock versions now, kikai are super broken now, having outright immunity to a range of hax, and then there are absurd guys like Lemure who can force the concept of time, on things which have no concept of time, which Gii does too, and Grimm whose mere presence forces fear on kikai which are immune to fear...

Their immortality is kinda absurd too, killing a kikai requires existence erasure, but when you kill them they don't actually die, just become nothingness, and even if you could destroy nothingness as long as Inganock exists in some form, they still won't die....

Porshion is even more absurd seeing as it can regenerate from being erased form existence.

Anyway will see how much of the revisions i can get done, then make a crt for the ap upgrades.

As for Sharnoth still only at chapter 3, but off the top of my head M will probably get void and chaos manipulation. There is no way at this point i will be done with Sharnoth before Sona-Nyl is out, so as i thought will probably be weeks, if not longer before i read it.

High 7-C Upgrade Thread

When that is done i can move on from Inganock for now, and give Sharnoth attention. I highly doubt Sharnoth and Gahkthun are gonna be as dense with the needed changes, Inganock to me was always the most confusing/complex series, so i doubt as much stuff was missed.

Thanks. Just had to take a hell of a break from this place to find myself and all that.

So a bunch of new stuff been happening on this, huh? And Sona Nyl being released finally, YESH!!

I'm still amazed that it took them 7 yrs to finally get it out of the way. Keep in mind, this has been going on since the time they announced it back in 2016.

By comparison, Gahkthun was first out in 2012, announced for localization in 2013, and then released locally in 2014...I think.

It has been translated here
Oh, you read it? Thanks! Appreciate it.

I will say, that's probably gonna be looked at for me to do some text clean up.

That's something I had in mind to do for a while because of how much more I'm getting into learning JP and doing translation work which, I will admit, they are pretty rough. But I work with it to how I imagine they are being said they are.

That said, thank you again for reading it. ^^;

As a Fate fan, I've read some of Hikaru Sakurai's work, and I liked it. I had some problems with some of it, but overall, I really enjoyed her stuff. I've heard What a Beautiful Series is her at her best. Do you all recommend it? I know that's kind of a dumb question to ask to a people who are fans of the series, but oh well. If you do, what's the best place to start? (I'm assuming it's the first game)?

Golden Yarn's gotta be my favorite story of Inganock thus far, because it FINALLY gave me some closure on wtf is Clock Crack Chrome's backstory as the "Street Knight".

Or well, somewhat of it. It also tells us how OP this was at his peak/prime day compared to his later years and whatnot.

Too bad that's the only story from the Liar-soft magazines that I did. There's a whole lot of content Liarsoft had of Steampunk Series that were exclusive to any fans or wtf.

Although on my blog, someone mentioned about having scans for all of them? IDK, but if they aren't cappin', I now got more materials to work with once Sona Nyl drops.

That also said, I also got some of those Sona Nyl extra stories that has been collecting virtual dust in my blog drafts so we'll have plenty to read through once the VN finally drops next week too OWO.

Also, Fun fact, I actually found out that カルシェール of the 灰燼のカルシェール title is supposed to be read as "Karasahr" or "Karashrer".

Supposed to be some Turkish word for "Black City" or something, and references something else from a work of Lovecraft's about an "unknown city in the Arabic desert" or whatever.

That's another one of those things I have to look back on my old edits from JP to Eng cuz dammit, I did not look into the name references enough back then xD

Back