• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wonder if it's in Valusia where Sekime are explained? It's a broken eye power that does stuff like freeze time and space and atomize stuff from what we have seen so far.

But it hasn't been explained yet.

The making of the new thread here did remind me that we didn't get an update last week on Sona Nyl.

Maybe today or tomorrow we should be getting it. Either that, or just another delay for another week.

Hilde has a Sekime which freezes time and other stuff and shows up in Valusia so proabbly explained there.

When GK used in Gahkthun, it's just assumed you know what it is, obviously cause it was already explained. Like with Critters, i read Gahkthun first so when it showed up i had no idea what it was until i read Inganock later.

We need Valusia translated next.

Yea hopefully we get an update soon. Also considering the last thread lasted like 3 months, hopefully Sona Nyl is out before this one is full.

It was time, space, mind and matter for what I remember.

I need to know more about Leo's Giant God and the Horror's. That's what I want lol. And Hilde.

Given how often this gets moving, we should be long after Sona Nyl releases by the time this thread gets full again lol.

So as i was saying before, don't like untranslated stuff on the profiles.

I think GK's resistance to mind manipulation, matter manipulation, time manipulation and spatial manipulation should be removed until we get scans of steel princess and machine lord abilities and someone to confirm it.

Now that i think of it though, critters have passive mind and fear hax, destroying or freezing the minds of whatever looks at them and likewise making whatever sees them basically paralyzed with fear, yet GK looked at them, thus killing them.

So i guess he should have resistance to those, though idk if it works like that since his hax is passive too, both go off the same time, the critters hax isn't lethal so GK doesn't die and when they die, GK isn't affected anymore.

That's 1 way to interpret it, i guess.

I'm just waiting on Sona Nyl so I can know how much similar and different A's Critters are to the rest. It's why I haven't posted the blog yet as a page so I have all in one edit ^^;

Also going through Dragon of Deception cuz I also need to get Tesla off my head in terms of editing. Like potential new NPI add on, pics, info on his muffler, and probably a tabber for his attacks.

On the matter of Critters vs GK, that could be one interpretation. But GK was passively glaring them, given that "hundreds upon hundreds" of Nightingale's Others were preventing the gaze from outright killing her. Maybe the effects couldn't get to him since he was just killing them instantly? But if it was affecting him cuz it's passive, resist to mind and fear sounds okay-ish.

Well we know they have concept hax, what i am curious about is if they retain all the abilities of previous critters we have seen and where they came from.

Resistance to mind and fear hax seems a little shaky to me, we know he saw them cause he says they are critters, but we don't know if their ability was affecting him.

Yeah. I need to know a lot of it, especially since the page is likely to be "general", which means just putting what are the general abilities of a Critter are and such as a Physiology page supposedly should be. Ofc the specific abilities each Critter has will be listed on the character page.

That's why I think he may have just killed them off so much that their passives just didn't have time to even affect him.

I went over to that Animesuki forum myself and asked some stuff.

So taking this for what it's worth, someone there explained to me that A got Howler in Darkness in some novella on Twitter that's unfortunately long deleted now. The only way to really know anything is some dictionary that goes along with the Refrain ver of Sona Nyl on Xbox/PSP.

They did add on that M had synchronized with A when the latter was getting pushed around by some Elder Gods, which seems to be how A can summon Howler in Darkness. Apparently, A can actually Howler in Darkness as a Critter according to them.

That's why I put a fraction of my spendings on these books lol.

There's actually a novel version of said dictionary. I saw someone's Wordpress post on WAB content and they have it in a book version.

Shit's expensive to buy tho, especially through proxy services. I already put my order down for the Refrain Novel and plan to get the Engine Dictionary too.

Any way we will ever get that novel or whatever it was about Neon and Tesla's wedding? Or was that just an event thing with no novel?

Didn't you say you were looking to get Eyes of Hypnos too? Have to say, you're doing God's work with all these purchases.

It was a fan art event or whatever the heck it was Trex said in the last thread or two iirc.

What I really want is a novel or some such about Tesla's past. Dood's done so many things, that can literally be its own series.

Yeah about that...that's shit's borderline impossible to find. I have had zero luck finding it and if there's even any prints of it out there, likely in Japan, it's not much or it's in some obscure site to potentially buy it from. So my lucks only gone up to getting that I could get, with or without a proxy service app.

Just fanart, well whatever.

A novel about Tesla's past sounds extremely interesting, it can do literally anything, so much potential.

I want Shining Nights translated, Neon and Tesla's relationship barely began then Gahkthun ended, we get a little of it in the Anthology but i want more, the Chutulu stuff would be good too of course.

Well rip to Eyes of Hypnos and potential interesting info on the verse cosmology.

It's something like that, yes.

Fighting criminal organizations, his learning under Charles Babbage and Franklin, his time with the <Society>, maybe his encounter with M, his relationship with Neon's grandmother...he has a lot that can be its own series.

That I need too. There's definitely more Neon and Tesla for where I'm at so far in Dragon of Deception (Sakurai's story for the Anthology). Zorro makes a cameo and so does Catwoman/Shadam Coco.

Rip indeed. It actually would have given us more info about the Elder Gods presence in Steampunk as well as Elysia (place in the Mythos, home of EG's). But fuuuuuu...

Could just be me, but I noticed that the Cracking in Inganock and the Arts in Gahkthun are similar in being limited to performing a specific thing with it.

That seems to be a normal scale of Cracking, with something like Ulthrathotep or the Formula Equation used in Celaphis to blow up that worlds Earth and Kadath being prep heavy.

An interesting thought there unless I'm missing something else.

Checked through the story quite a bit farther than where I'm at (in text gathering).

Tesla and Neon indeed encounters Jabbawocky whose indeed called a Meta=Critter. I looked at the naming for Meta=Critter in one of the pages and it comes off as ÒâíÒé┐´╝ØÒé»Òâ¬ÒââÒé┐Òâ╝Òâ╗Òé©ÒâúÒâÉÒéªÒé®ÒââÒé». The "ÒâíÒé┐´╝ØÒé»Òâ¬ÒââÒé┐Òâ╝" being Meta=Critter in Katakana, btw.

So that confirms one thing in the story for me, and given that a network is brought up a lot AFAIK, this Meta=Critter very well could be an information being. Which is unique on it's own and something those before it (Sharnoth) hasn't shown to do.

Meta=Critters weren't shown to be information beings in Sharnoth, all i remember is something about them being born from their users desires or something.

Yeah they weren't shown or even said to do that like Critters.

All I know is that Jabbawocky is called a Meta=Critter. The page I saw it at even calls it so, probably by Tesla.

I have seen a theysay that Meta=Critters are Cracking beings formed by the desires of humans...thing is, I legit never even saw anything about that being said or even implied. I may have to make another question about that and Jabbawocky's unique case. After I finish up Dragon of Deception.

ÒüØÒüùÒüªÒÇüþò░Þâ¢Õ¡ªµÇºÕÅìõ╣▒õ║ïõ╗ÂÒÇéÚ╗ÆÒü«þìúÒÇéÚ╗äÚçæþÄïÒü«ÕèøÒü«µ«ïµ╗ôÒéÆÕ¥ùÒüƒµ£Çµé¬Òü«µÇ¬Õ¡ªµÇºÒâ┤ÒéúÒâ®Òâ│ÒüôÒü¿Òé│Òâ│Òâ®Òâ╝ÒâêÒâ╗ÒâòÒéíÒéñÒâêÒü«Õ╝òÒüìÞÁÀÒüôÒüùÒüƒÒüéÒü«µÇ¬þò░õ║ïõ╗ÂÒé»Òâ¬ÒââÒé┐Òâ╝Òâ╗Òé▒Òâ╝Òé╣ÒÇüÚá¡þÅ¥ÒüùÒüƒÚ╗ÆÒü«Òé»Òâ¬ÒââÒé┐Òâ╝Òü«Õº┐Òü»ÕñºÞªÅµ¿íµÿáÕåÖµ®ƒÒü«õ║ïµòàÒüºÒüéÒéïÒü¿ÒüùÒüªÕçªþÉåÒüòÒéîÒüƒÒü«Òü»õ©ÇÒâµ£êÕëìÒü«Õç║µØÑõ║ïÒüáÒÇéÚ╗äÚçæþÄïÒü¿Òü«ÞíǵêªÒüºþû▓Õ╝èÒüùÒüƒÒüøÒüäÒüºõ¢ôþ£áþèµàïÒü½ÒüéÒüúÒüƒÕ¢╝ÒééÒÇüÕ讵ëïÒü«Õ░æÕÑ│Òü«þî«Þ║½ÒüéÒüúÒüƒÒüîµòàÒü½õ║ïõ╗ÂÒü«µ£ÇÕ¢╝Òü½Òü»õ¢òÒü¿ÒüïÚºåÒüæõ╗ÿÒüæÒéëÒéîÒüƒÒÇéÞ¿ÿµåÂÒü½Òü»µû░ÒüùÒüäÒüîÒÇüÒéäÒü»Òéèõ©ÇÒâµ£êÕëìÒüºÒü»ÒüéÒéïÒÇéþ¼¼õ©ëÕá▒ÚüôÚâ¿Òü«þÖ║ÞíîÒüÖÒéïþ┤ÖÚØóÒü½ÚÇúÒü¬ÒéïÞ¿ÿõ║ïÒü«µÜùþäÂÒü«µ▒║Òü¥ÒéèÒâ½Òâ╝Òâ½ÒéÆÕñºÒüäÒü½þá┤ÒüúÒüªÒüäÒéïÒÇé

Also posting this here. Basically the context is about Tesla recalling the Critter incident Konrad caused at the end of Shining League, where he rushed on over to where it was happening at the time after he woke up from his exhaustion in fighting the Golden King.

IDK if there's any other text mentioned about this in the story atm but it does strongly support what the big grand image shown in SL was about, or alluding to. Meaning he backed up Douglas in fighting off the Critter but it's too vague or unknown atm of how that went. Though the fact that they're alive means they managed to somehow suppress it...or something.

Leaving just another thought here about the Information Being Meta=Critter thing as I'm now pretty much at what I would say is the most important part in knowing this Anthology story.

It would have made more sense if Jabbawocky had been referred to as just "Òé»Òâ¬ÒââÒé┐Òâ╝" instead of having the "ÒâíÒé┐´╝Ø" to it given known information (heh) on both Critters and Meta=Critters. Cuz at least we know that Critters CAN take up form as a being of information. Meta=Critters don't really have much to them other than the fact that they're born through the desires or wishes of people and somewhat take up grostesque forms of fantasy beings like Critters.

I should probably be done around this coming weekend on the Dragon of Deception storyline. And hoping we get another Sona Nyl update this week too.

I just realized that Tesla's lightning being able to interact with immaterial beings is starting to look more varied the more I think about it. His lightning was able to turn Killer Clown into something material to a point JJ can shoot it to pieces. Since Killer Clown was a Cracking being and made up of (Cracking) Light, that doubles as being able to affect beings of light and an equation. I also assume the latter part is true since Tesla fought GK and was even able to destroy his Ulthrathotep form if for a moment. Then you got his lightning being able to tear down colors, which is just as ridiculous as the Killer Clown bit.

And now the Dragon story is looking like Tesla is able to interact with beings of information, so dood's lightning is pretty varied as heck in who he uses it on. What would make it even better is if it can affect possibilities, but I so far only got the above portion of him recalling himself going to help fight off Konrad's Critter, so it's a big IDK mark right there.

It's a Sakurai story that focuses on Tesla and Neon, so it'll definitely be like rereading the VN again.

Well actually all the stories in the bookk are, if at different points related to Gahkthun, but essentially it is so with coming back to Neon and Tesla as the main focus like the VN.

So Neon has the Golden Eyes, cool, i knew her eyes were golden but never thought anything of it since she never showed anything with it, but apparently even if you have Golden Eyes, it has to be awakened.

And Tesla can indeed harm information beings.

Pretty neat story, right?

A load of references like Catwoman, Jabberwocky, and Powergirl was pretty funny.

It's also amazing to think these guys have what's essentially the internet. In our real life time we didn't get the internet until about 30 years ago...here it's 1909, so they're way ahead of us in that regard. Hell I'm pretty sure they're more advanced than us in a lot of things with just steampunk tech.

Her eyes were already golden before she came to Gahkthun iirc. Its just taht she seemed to not be able to use its known abilities until this story, and this is after Gahkthun's main VN storyline.

Steam engines are the game changer, it screwed the world to be forever grey but it lead to some serious advancements in technology to where they are far ahead of where they should be in history.

The steam engines and their constant use of it is not far off with what goes on in real life. Pollution, global warming, and whatever stuff that affects the environment. Although considering we can still see the sun and our waters clear enough that animallife still exist and we can swim in it...we're still pretty far better off than how those guys in the Steampunk verse are doing.

Yeah it's like I said, Tesla's ability to affect immaterial beings is getting bigger now that we know for sure that he CAN affect beings of information. It's also neat that like Gii being able to use his Cracking Eye and can still summon Porshion, Tesla can still use his lightning so we know it works even in such a space like that.

There's also mentions of Tesla coming to fight the Critter La B├¬te du Gévaudan and while that's gone from a vague IDK to maybe, it's just that. A maybe cuz of how estoric of an existence a Critter is compared to anything else. Even the narration points out that Jabbawocky was less dangerous for Tesla than a Critter. That, and there's no further text on how he did it except maybe like what he did against Killer Clown and Jabberwocky.

Thought about this earlier while translating and editing this.

Tesla's a really versatile character when in a fight. He's not as broken as Gii with his Kikai or A with his Critters, but he's more all round and versatile. He's really fast, has greater range options, move at lightspeeds, think at high speeds even to the point of thinking something up in 0 time, can sense anything around him including the very movements of electrons, and affect you even if you were something non-material like light, colors, information, a mathematical equation, and depending how you really think this and take it as is, something as abstract as possibilities.

So yeah, this guy is really amazing and I'm glad I went through this so we have more stuff to put for him.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back