• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

What a Beautiful Series: Cracking Being Physiology

Celestial_Pegasus

VS Battles
Administrator
Continuing on from my last thread, I would like to create "Cracking Being Physiology", this sandbox illustrates what it will look like.

Meta=Critter after discussion with other supporters was determined to be Cracking Beings; the fact that all Cracking Beings have similar powers such as the voice of panic, similar statements about messing with laws, etc. Also reading the side stories, there was even a statement about Edison sharing Cracking with the Society, of which Josef Capek is a member, there is literally no other equation shown in the series that lets you do the supernatural stuff that Cracking does. Imo pretty clear they are Cracking Beings.

Like before a lot of this stuff has already been accepted across multiple CRT's, but here are some things of note.

Critters and Kikai are Invulnerable, and Protected by Fate and Law​

So in previous CRT's i addressed how Kikai are stated to be immune to numerous things. As it turns out, in the side stories it's stated that Critters have an absolutely impenetrable information body, invulnerable to anything from physical attacks/weaponry and even Cracking itself.

It also talked about how Kikai can bypass that invulnerability, and there is also a statement which says Kikai surpass physical attacks and Cracking.

Putting this all together lead me to an interesting conclusion, the immunity accepted from previous threads is not only legit but extends to Critters too. So it will in effect work like this:

Critter: Immune to anything physical, plus Cracking and it's like 10 different abilities.

Kikai: Have all the immunity of Critters, plus immunity to Critter abilities.

Basically almost everything listed as a resistance for Kikai right now should be straight up immunity. This is wild stuff...

Also Grimm=Grimm with law and fate manipulation makes them absolute

Messengers and Underground Residents​

Contrasted from the other Cracking Beings like Kikai, and Meta=Critters, Messengers and Underground Residents are completely new additions and require the most attention. I suspect Underground Resident's nonexistent physiology, and high godly regeneration will be the most scrutinized.

When I thought about it, when Tesla was fading from existence, into nothingness, in Gahkthun, it was stated his data was slipping away, so I thought Residents would lack the information aspect of their existence, which would also extend to other beings who are nothingness ie Kikai and Grimm

Anyway any thoughts and suggestion are welcomed.

Last edited:
Critter should add Abstract Existence (Information type).
Of the 41 Critters which scattered death throughout Inganock, which became distorted two years ago, there was not one person who didn't know the name of the one who called themself King. An absolutely immortal, absolutely physically impenetrable information body. All heavy weapons, including artillery used by tanks, and even the Phenomena Equation that could distort the laws of physics did not apply to one of the 41 Critters that devoured people, of the 41 great terrors that covered all of the city's lower tiers by scattering death 20 months ago. That was the Underground King.
Critter Dragon was absolute. He knew that himself 2 years ago. Humans could not kill Critters. All kinds of armament, poison, and phenomena could not affect them, and Dragon was their king. They were absolutely immortal, absolutely physically impenetrable information bodies. All heavy armaments, including artillery used by tanks, and even the Cracking Effect that could distort the laws of physics were not applicable to one of the 41 Critters that devoured people, one of the 41 great terrors that covered all of the city's lower tiers 20 months ago and scattered numerous deaths. It was the Underground King. Even if he had turned into chrome, he was a human being. To be exact, it was the human brain. Apart from Monsters, it should have been impossible to kill a Critter.

Power of the Mega Engine Clock is only shown in Refrain version, so I think reference should be something like "Shiei no Sona-Nyl Refrain, Chapter 7".

As for the rest, I agree.

When you look at it, all Cracking beings are made of Cracking, which includes information type 2, so you would need like all those abilities to interact with them, but with Critter/Kikai, it goes further in that because of their information body, they are completely invulnerable, and not even Cracking can do anything

giphy.gif

Woohoo, never thought I'd see this be a thing but here we are owo.

Meta=Critters, yeah the ones in Sharnoth are Cracking Beings seeing as the thing with Edison sharing Cracking to Society means even associates or members of it like Capek had to have learned it for him and the others of that group in Sharnoth to form such metaphysical entities. This actually fits with how Gahkthun Anthology also has a Meta=Critter and while the way they were born and how they develop is different (Sharnoth's are called in text as《怪異》and formed from thoughts and feelings, whereas Gahkthun's is called メタ=クリッター and is an entity born literally out of information), both were brought about from the usage/contact of Cracking itself.

Critters having AE as information type, oof. That's even more broken. Definitely agree since it's what makes even the weakest of Critters, like Wendigo and Marionette, that hard to even affect let alone kill since not even Cracking can apply to them. Only something greater than even Cracking, like a Kikai, can do the job.

Rest, I agree.

The feats of Gii shattering Critters into particles make even more sense now, we know Kikai surpass Cracking, and can harm Critters despite their immunity, Gii is pretty much ignoring Critters intangibility, and forcing "tangibleness" on them.

Lemure Lemure forces time upon Kikai who have no concept of time etc etc.

Funny how we have gone from coming up with scaling for layers, to straight up immunity, and bypassing immunity.....

But yea I will have all this, and other hax scaling compiled in a blog after I am done with everything.

Edison making a formula that turns toys into info beings that screw and upset laws and physics.

Then he tops it up with unborn babies. Truly a genius of his time no wonder Ford was horny for him lmfao.

But yeah I agree with this. The regen also helps as the use of cracking even can help someone like Lily come back from Edison wiping her out.

Was expect some sort of push back on the more obscure stuff like NEP, but not complaining.

Lets wait and see what happens, this deals with some pretty major abilities, so I will wait for another staff.

NEP is probably fine since the truth of Sona Nyl's people is they don't properly exist. They're an illusion, a dream made from the memories of the people who once lived in NY. And even those who know of their nature realize they, and even the Underground NY they live in have no form or substance. Merely that which is brought forth by the Cracking Effect which is said to be able to bring forth "nothingness into form" and "unravel form into nothingness".

Seems pretty clear cut, but I wouldn't mind if someone were to come and bring it up if it were something else instead though I can't really imagine what else is there to place given the truth of their essence.

I don't think anyone will disagree with NEP itself, evidence is clear cut, it's just the aspects that there might have been disagreement.

Lets try to get one more staff, just to be safe @Planck69 @UchihaSlayer96 @LordGriffin1000

The Edison profile builds off this, so can't really post it without this being done, probably need that tier 1 thread accepted too.

Edison I feel has to have his own thread to himself, to discuss the more obscure stuff like NEP type 2, and Nonduality.

Anyway that's enough derailing.

Am I correct that the proposed immunities are a result of law and fate manipulation? If so then sure, the OP is solid.

Not quite, Kikai and Critter's have an information body which makes them invulnerable to attacks.

In Critter's case it's stated they are invulnerable to stuff like swords, firearms etc, and Cracking.

In Kikai's case, the same thing is said, but also that they are immune to numerous influences. A Kikai is meant to combat a Critter, their power surpasses weaponry and Cracking, hence why they can harm Critters despite their invulnerability, and Critter abilities are shown to not work on them.

The law and fate manipulation, is just an additional thing on top of that....

Their creator Grimm=Grimm made them absolute via law and fate, therefore you can't kill them (this btw makes all the statements about them being indestructible in the actual VN make sense), maybe also type 8 immortality now that I think about it, reliant on the fate and law set by Grimm.

Last edited:
I am rather hesitant to just give blanket immunity to that many abilities then. As I'm aware, we're usually far more strict with that.

What would you suggest then? It is literally stated they have an invulnerable body, how does 1 get invulnerability?

I could also post another quote which says Cracking doesn't apply to them, but not around my pc.

Ok scratch my earlier thought, the "absoluteness' of Critters and Kikai does seem to involve fate and law manipulation

A giant laying in the underground darkness. Nobody. No one.

How could anyone imagine Critter Dragon, feared as the city's greatest threat, had been unknowingly turned into a silent skeleton in the underground large engine depot where it resided. That was impossible. It was fully armored. It had an impenetrable information body. The body, which could not be swayed even by the Main guns of the Mobile Fortress that once raged in a Great War in a foreign distant land was invincible. It was something that human means could not overcome. That is the Critter. The Lords of Terror, those who were bound in the depths of those who were distorted into fantasies. Dragon was the one who controlled those terrors as their only King.

But at this moment.

The epidermis that should have repelled everything, the information body that should have been blessed was torn asunder.-Golden G'harne Start

As seen here their information body is blessed? By who, Grimm=Grimm obviously.

Their blessing was also brought up, about being blessed by the Original Existence or Tick Tock Man

Size: Medium size A~B (human size)
Threat level: Medium (extremely high depending on the manipulated target)
Ability: Nullification of attacks based on laws of physics (physical destructive force will not work, basically)
--Voice of Panic
--Coercion (Manipulation of the nerves and the like)
--Transformation (It can change into a form with combat power akin to a large Monster)
--Blessing (a blessing by means of the Original Existence? Or the Time Man?)
Weakness: Ultra-heat
Additional information 1:
It defeated Dragon by manipulating the prototype Upper Tier Soldier. Destruction completed.-Golden G'harne

It then goes on to talk about how impossible it is to kill/harm a Critter, that all kinds of armament and phenomenon can't affect them, and even Cracking doesn't apply.

If so, should he not have been hurt from his battle with Dragon?

The situation tells him the rumors were true. But he did not know.

Where was he?

Why did he kill it? Why did he kill Dragon?

Critter Dragon was absolute. He knew that himself 2 years ago. Humans could not kill Critters. All kinds of armament, poison, and phenomena could not affect them, and Dragon was their king. They were absolutely immortal, absolutely physically impenetrable information bodies. All heavy armaments, including artillery used by tanks, and even the Cracking Effect that could distort the laws of physics were not applicable to one of the 41 Critters that devoured people, one of the 41 great terrors that covered all of the city's lower tiers 20 months ago and scattered numerous deaths. It was the Underground King. Even if he had turned into chrome, he was a human being. To be exact, it was the human brain. Apart from Monsters, it should have been impossible to kill a Critter.-Golden G'harne 1

And then their absoluteness is mentioned, that's just how they are, it's the destiny/law of Inganock

There was a scream. It was angry. Furious even. Before was the form of a beautiful young girl, but now was the arrival of a fantasy humanoid with a machine clock on its back. Originally, it was a Critter not meant to specialize in combat. But even if that were the case, they were something humans cannot overcome.

No human can do anything about it.

Intangible deaths were something that cannot be killed.

Critters were absolute. They were made that way, and that was how those things were born as. That was the manifest destiny of the city of Inganock, set by the clown that dances on the edge of everyone's vision. Yes, him. He was not here. He wondered how long ago it was since "he" no longer saw the clown. When was it that he was surrounded by even more madness, not even aware that what he was supposed to see was gone? Was it before or after the 666 nerve cords were shot? He didn't know. Tick Tock, there was nothing he could understand just like how humans cannot overcome a Critter.-Golden G'harne Final

Last edited:
Yeah, I also recall that even in just the original VN, the laws of physics hold no meaning to Critter and Kikai, that they're impervious to all aspects of physics.

Side materials just further reinforce how "tough" they are as well as misc information like official websites telling how Kikai can surpass Cracking, which is what Critter's are impervious to as well.

If that's not somehow invulnerability, IDK what else to think of it.

What would you suggest then? It is literally stated they have an invulnerable body, how does 1 get invulnerability?

I could also post another quote which says Cracking doesn't apply to them, but not around my pc.
You misunderstood. I don't have an issue with them having Invulnerability. My issue is giving them immunity to everthing Cracking does, which has abilities like Reality Warping, Mathematics Manipulation, Law Manipulation, etc. Resistances sure or even invulnerability revolving around those abilities but I'm sure I don't need to explain why outright immunity to reality warping is something that isn't really handed out.

Well fine, let's leave it at that for now, I need to get resistance layers formally accepted anyway, so we can put aside the immunity topic.

Minus that, this thread should be good to apply now.

It has to apply regardless since we're explicitly told that even the Cracking Effect just can't do jack to them. The basic applications we know of it being the manipulation of matter and physics.

But if that's the case, suppose that's fine too.

Back