• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It would probably depend on his showings with Howler in Darkness then.

That's what I'm curious about as well, along with the Messengers/Angels in Sona-nyl.

I also just remembered that Great Old Ones are a thing in the series, if Cthulhu appearing in Shining Night (and seemingly Karsheel) is anything to go by. Ulthar's Moon World book gave off a few names, which are Rlim Shaikorth (a giant steel god/Shintai Lily mentions in the WN, and whose name is actually in ruby text in Karsheel whenever an optics weapon is being used), Cyäegha, and Hastur.

There's also a funny tidbit about AZZT that Red shared with me that I hope to see in the short story passage that's in the Engine Dictionary that mentions AZZT, where he told me, from what he heard from Trex, that AZZT is actually a loli goddess or something like that. AZZT being a Goddess is what I kinda already know, the loli part is what I didn't know which makes me as curious as how TF she got fragmented into Golden Eyes in the first place lol.

In any other case, here's hoping we can still get Sona Nyl around the Summer time.

I actually saw some tweets on Twitter on one of Sakurai's (probably dead/silent projects) of Vulthoom and that was supposed to be a sequel to take place after Gahkthun and everyone's like "Sakurai! Vulthoom when!!"

Makes me feel glad that there's definitely people out there that want more out of Steampunk but are probably either going to wait long or just be outright disappointed if Sakurai never gets to doing them or Ulthar for that matter.

For me, coming to this realization now, I'd rather get the rest of the main VN series out there first (especially Valusia and Celeneria) and then see how that goes from there on whether anything else gets picked up for TL's like the fandiscs. Mangagamer's our only hope on this one, even if it's just the VN themselves alone.

Honestly, it's surprising Mangagamers is even translating WABS, it's so different from what Mangagamers usually translates, they go for eroges, plenty of h scenes, while WABS isn't really an eroge.

It's a pretty good one at that, since it brings awareness of the work to the west and for WAB fans to have it be recognized more...I think. Maybe not to a big extent but it's there.

Sona-Nyl's got some attention bit by bit sorta with stuff like fanart being posted on Twitter that even Sakurai retweets on their Twitter. Add in Refrain which is the commercial content of the PSP/XBOX360 ver of SN, and it can likely get more popular than Gahkthun. Or so I assume, but that's gonna be plenty of content with that alone when it drops.

Would have probably waited until the forum ends but whatever.

Just gonna say that I'm over half done with the Engine Dictionary Story in terms of getting all the text in. That includes getting past the Black King's section and there's some interesting details from it.

Stuff about some Old Ones that manage to persist even into modern civilization. Mentions about the fantasy beings of the Meta=Critters (Salamander, Black Dog, Troll, and Kelpie) that had "some promise" in obtaining his Jet Black or whatever it is but couldn't achieve that in the end. And something about throwing out one of his thousand manifestations which I assume the Black King is referring to as M but I can't say.

The more important details are on him and A. As I was told of this before, M did indeed sync himself up with A and granted him Howler in Darkness. As he did this, he mentions about Cracking and Critter as he seems to know what that is when A summoned his newly acquired Critter.

Haven't TL'd it yet but it may give us a clue that A's Howler in Darkness is a Critter summoned by Cracking made out of Jet Black but it's too early to tell atm.

Another interesting thing is that when the Black King did this, he also went to a place called Betelgeuse, which is a star that's part of the Orion Constallation. Which means that might be where Elysia is in the universe.

Eh.

Yeah. Still no info on where Kadath's at but we at least know where Elysia is.

I'm deadass hoping A's Critter is really a Cracking Being + Possibilities. On top of it being made out of M's Black, that's gonna be one heck of a strong Critter there.

Always thought Kadath was in another universe, but could just be a planet in another solar system, who knows.

Sounds like one broken ability there.

It could be either or. All we know so far is that there are gateways to Kadath you can go through on Earth but that doesn't really tell us much.

Yee. I do recall Nightingale and Konrad making a mention of the Black King when they were summoning a Critter. But I'm not sure how to take with that considering Golden King shattered the shadow part of Will-o-Wasp, and the Black Beast not being around after Shining League in the novel implies it got taken down by Douglas and Tesla (who mentioned going to where Douglas and Konrad fought each other at).

At least as far as I got to, A is outright given Jet Black from the Black King himself so his is more the real deal.

Think by the time the forum change gets completed, the VN will be done with the editing progress.

I should also be done with the Engine Dictionary story too. After that, I should be finishing up the Gahkthun Anthology novel I've been slacking on for so long.

Don't they have to do like testing or something after editing? Don't think we will get Sona Nyl till summer.

Yeah. Like Beta build testing and image editing for some. With how close we are to May, I'm thinking July or August is when it gets dropped.

If I'm fast (motivated) enough, I should also be done or close to being done with the Gahkthun Anthology book.

I also have some books I ordered for WAB. An Inganock illustrations book with some comics in it, a Steampunk World Guide, and yet another Sona Nyl novel that takes place in Japan. Like 1909 Japan, not the one in Thyrria cuz that's in 1863 iirc.

Thinking about it, I have like 5 books on me. With 3 that'll come later in the year, that's 8.

That'll keep me company on my work for a long while lol.

Well this is going to take some time to get used to.

Seeing as they weren't kidding when anything after a certain time (May 11th) is not going to be saved, there is quite a bunch of stuff I posted before the move that I'll have to gradually post back here again...or simply just put the rest on my blog and post the link again like before.

I'll do that later, I guess.

I'm reminded again how Golden King technically has a whole bunch of abilities he can potentially use just from how many he had granted to people in the series with Arts.

There's the Governing Council's, George Moran's, those former Governing Council Members, Dasprey's, some other students in the Academia (VN or otherwise), and including the sub-organization dedicated to GK himself.

And all of their powers are still just a piece or fragment or whatever it was said of his own Cracking, yet still transcend physics.

Even just the known ones we have info on is plentiful for GK even if he was in a different terminal like an Engine Human.

Well they were said to be just parlor tricks or something like that for GK cause he can literally warp reality.

Aye.

To become faster, manipulate a bunch of dolls, manipulate one's body, summon a mass of "Colors" or "Gods" made out of light and darkness, create a pair of wings and a giant arm made out of cracking light (Novel), and a bunch of other misc. stuff like create fire or flight. And all of that is something born from GK's Cracking.

I think that should say a lot of said "parlor tricks" and how versatile his Cracking can be.

Man I want to know Thoth the most in the organization. Also this forum lowkey looks like Spacebattles lmfao

Kek, I know. I even talked to Alrf about it and he said more or less the same thing lol.

Forreals. Thoth is a very mysterious figure whose name and presence is brought up here and there, usually a mention or so in the VN's or otherwise like from Sakurai's tweets found on Together (app you can use to look at anyone's or any other old tweets on Twitter, including those that supposedly got deleted in the past), yet he's seemingly important in some way to the series given things like being the actual leader of the WIC and one of his three bodies he inhibits is literally named as "Azathoth-Thoth-Hermes" according to the Valusia Webnovel unlike his other two bodies named normally as "Althotas-Thoth-Hermes", which has some implications, if vague (at least to me atm), of a connection to AZZT.

Welp, tomorrow's the big day for once again the hope of the latest update. This should be it for sure given the updates they have on their twitter and all, and it's long overdue as well for over a month now.

But here's to hope on that again.

That aside, I definitely know we got plenty stuff to do for the profiles and the future ones of Sona Nyl. Those being:
  1. Add pages of Sona Nyl (obviously, with A, Lily, and Edison being the big ones to do)
  2. Critter Physiology Page to go over again after Sona Nyl.
  3. Possibly adding a key for Golden King's Terminals (or maybe not if we're to include the machine thing he used to murk Leo's Giant God mech)
Hmm...think there was something else to do for it but as far as I know, that's probably the ones I know in mind that'll happen.

Damn...now I feel kinda sad. Didn't see a new update from Mangagamer on projects today.

I'm guessing it's either taking more of their time, or most likely issues through the pandemic that's taking up their time as well.

Quite a long time to wait like usual.

Kek.

Well, now that's two fail checks in a row with that.

Third times the charm for this week. Although I am really losing a lot of patience at this point lol.

So food for thought, I now finally understand why Edison is named/referred to differently from M.

Other than having the same existence, feature (turns out the kanji used for function can also mean feature) and name as a Nyarlathotep, what sets him apart is having Yog’s power and control over AZTT’s largest fragment.

I think that explains two of his names as Moon King (AZTT’s largest fragment is Kadath’s moon) and Tick Tock Man (control over all of space-time) and why he has own set of names to differentiate from M.

Last edited:
I mean that was basically already said by other ppl before that he has AZZT fragment and controls space-time, that said the i don't remember the former being stated in any material yet, guessing it's in Valusia or Sona Nyl.

But if Edison started as the same thing as M, and then on top of that ate Yog and got AZZT fragment on top of it, clearly he is way stronger than M.

Yup.

Sidenote, this week SHOULD be the actual Mangagamer project update. Already anticipating for it that I finished up the last of the World Guide lol.

My next projects rn is working on doing the Engine Dictionary and Gahkthun Short Stories I found. Then comes the Ulthar thought book since that one might be a tad bit important with some stories taking place in the 1900’s and learn a part of the world of Ulthar itself. Plus some interesting figures of that time and what Shintai are.

Just to make sure this won't get missed, my current project now will be on working the Engine Dictionary story...and I guess any of the other book info like glossary although that may or may not be necessary since I'm sure that'll be covered in the Sona Nyl Refrain VN, maybe even that of the Chronology but then again it's more of a guess if they do...I hope.

I think I said this before but there is a note that tells me the book's story is to be read after you finish the main VN story and before going onto the EX Scenario of Refrain which is the Webnovel and Magical Eye of Hypnos stories To me it might not be necessary to do that if any of y'all who end up getting the actual VN (or wait for someone to upload them on Youtube, doesn't concern me how you read it either way), but it does say to do that if you want even better enjoyment.

It does also help to better explain things that we'll learn in the EX scenario storyline like Lily's dream walk journey to A having a new Critter (Howler in Darkness). As for the other stuff I have that is related to it like another World Guide SS centered after Sona Nyl and this one story of "Lily the Sihoulette" which is the follow up to said Guide Short Story...well those ofc will be done after I finish up the Dictionary book.

Assuming any of y'all do follow what the book tells you it would go like this:
  1. Sona Nyl (Main Story)
  2. Engine Dictionary Story
  3. EX Scenario Stories of Refrain (Webnovel, then Eye of Hypnos)
  4. World Guide Short Story
  5. Lily the Silhouette
Again, 2 and 3 don't really need to be followed if you guys want to just head over to 3 after and then go back to 2 but doing these in order after the main VN story helps to get an even bigger enjoyment out of Sona Nyl.

i was skimming through some things and the translation patch of inganock (here) had this:

-- Editors' Drinking Game --
(Note: We are not responsible for any alcohol-related poisoning, mischief or death that results from playing this game. Please drink responsibly ^^)
(Note 2: Playing the drinking game for the entire Visual Novel is not recommended, but you're welcome to try!)

Take a shot every time...
- A character tilts their head.
- Take two shots if the character's male.
- Take three if the character is Gii.
- You see a sentence with more than seven capital letters in it.
- The narration repeats itself over three times in a row (eg the contents of Kia's suitcase in chapter one).
- The number 41 is mentioned.
- The clown says 'Hello Gii'.
- Gii gets a voiced line.
- Take two shots if it's a line he hasn't said before.
- The《Revival》is mentioned.
- Take two shots if it's followed by 'ten years ago'.
- Someone makes a comment about insanity or madness.
- 'Seikyou' and its customs is referred to.
- Kia refers to herself in the third person.
- Down the bottle if it gives you a hard on, you sick pervert.

the 41 will yeet someone but imma need a lot of booze lmfao

The whole main VN series can already have its own drinking game set rules lol.

Even with just what we can get (Inganock, Sharnoth, Gahkthun, and later Sona Nyl), you’re definitely gonna lose a liver and then some doing just one of them alone xD

don't worry i'll just have to get more :^)

>also how do u do a strikeout text here?

Kek.

So Mangagamer's also being really...hold up on the updating for projects. I'm hoping it's just the pandemic cuz they're long overdue. Although having released some more VN's this month and last month could be some other top priority they have?

Either way, we're being blue balled here as do any others for their own waiting for their projects.

@TISSG7Redgrave There's an option for you to do on these dotted lines thing for strikethrough texts. Alternatively you can do Command S when you highlight your text.

Ex: LIKE THIS

Last edited:
Does anyone know who A in Sona-Nyl is?

He seems to be very similar to Edison in terms of physical appearance. I think he might be the Real Edison where "A" stands for "Alva" in Thomas Alva Edison. Maybe something happened between The Moon King and A where the former somehow got hold of the Latter's Physical Body (Kinda similar to how The Black King became M after James Moriarty offered his body to the former).

Oh hey, RM. Nice to see you here lol.

No, he's not Edison actually. From what I've seen from another forum, he's like supposed to be someone that was created through the chaos between M and Edison.

...While IDK how true this is until the VN comes out, the book I'm going through rn to TL states that he's the shadow of Alan Ackley's "Experience". Whatever the heck that means, he's related to some character that's a part of Elysia (one of Sona Nyl's MC's) past.

At this point i am wondering if a true Nyarlathotep exists or that was just wrong info. So far we know M and Edison are Nyarlathotep just from different universes, but what i heard long ago is that they were avatars of the true Nyarlathotep.

Don't think we are gonna have the full story on A till Sona Nyl. It's like Lily, only thing i know is she becomes some sort of Goddess at the end and has the power of gold which is some sort of concept hax, not to mention plot shenanigan's in the WN. In terms of what exactly she is though, no clue.

@Celestial_Pegasus Yeah that's why I'm just shutting up about anything of Sona Nyl for a while now since I only have theysays and a wiki that, while not wrong, there isn't much to go by since it's just summaries of certain stuff.

We definitely need the VN itself to at least learn all this shit.

Oh hey, RM. Nice to see you here lol.

No, he's not Edison actually. From what I've seen from another forum, he's like supposed to be someone that was created through the chaos between M and Edison.

...While IDK how true this is until the VN comes out, the book I'm going through rn to TL states that he's the shadow of Alan Ackley's "Experience". Whatever the heck that means, he's related to some character that's a part of Elysia (one of Sona Nyl's MC's) past.
Oh I see, that's interesting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back