• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steampunk ~What a Beautiful Discussion Thread~ 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I kinda wish I can buy more novels of Gahkthun, like Long Goodbye and Sona Nyl's novel.

I looked over on the second one that that's where M's Avatar Creation thing stems from and I believe info on A's Howler in the Darkness power comes from too. There is a sell of the latter on Amazon but that's in Japan/in Japanese and I don't know a particular set of ways I can get that on my hands sadly.

It says a lot when I actually wanted that as much as Karsheel and Gahkthun's Anthology lol. Edit: Assuming what I looked at atwiki is true though. I wouldn't know but I do know if I ever see it on Amazon ENG for sale, I'm getting it asap lol

Some questions.

-What would the Upper Tier Soldier(s) having a crest of the Cracking Formula fall under? I looked at Atwiki and the official Inganock website on them and it says they have a crest of the formula is given to them to increase their full body armors dura to a point bullets (and supposedly blades but I can't find it around the VN somehow) are easily repelled. Obviously this is jack compared to what a Critter and Kikai can tank or not be affected by, but I put that under Blessed cuz I can't find any other power for it.

-Should Ati, Kerkan and Clock Crack Chrome have Cyborgization by any chance? I read back on the VN that Crack Engines, or the implantation of them, are also called cybernetics, which could fit well with the three + the Upper Tier Soldier(s). For Ati and Kerkan it'd be Partial and CCC and UTS would be Full if I remember Chrome's state right from the WN and the soldiers are said to be changed up to 90% of their body with it.

-Not so much a serious one but if we count the Novel Anthology, would it happen to be the one with the most characters for a specific WAB title out of the known titles on the wiki we have atm? That would depend how many I can make but I sense that it could gather the most if we add that to the equation.

No idea. Increasing durability is statistic amplification, however that is meant to be temporary in the middle of battle, while the crest is permanent.

Yes to cyborgization.

Not really sure what you mean, is the Anthology divided into multiple series or something? Thought it was only Gahkthun, if so just put on those profiles, Ourai no Gahkthun Anthology, but still list them under Gahkthun for the verse pages.

Hmm. That's gonna be hard to classify that then.

Alrigthy~

It is. If it wasn't, I'd have told you about it the first time differently. They have their own titles, but all are centered in Gahkthun. Was wondering if they'd have the most profiles if you add them to the existing Gahkthun profiles, but then I look at Inganock's and they have a lot out of the current bunch lol.

15 (16 soon) to that of Sharnoth's 8, Sona Nyl's 11 (Including Lily A and Edison, I counted those that are potential but I'm sure they will be more when we read it), Gahkthun's 10 (currently), and Karsheel's 4 (5 soon).

Inganock's a wide bunch lol

Yea Inganock has the most profiles, Sharnoth the least, it's really reflective how fights weren't a major part of Sharnoth.

If they all have their own title that would be a pain to have separate categories for all of them, just mention it on their profiles under Origin, but put them all under Gahkthun in the verse pages.

Still annoyed how we didn't get to see what a Metacritter undergoing Paradigm would look like.

I could also do us a favor and just put them all under Gahkthun with nothing added to it. Simple as that.

Edit: Oh right, I just reread what you said lol

Thinking about it, Kikai and Critters immunity to time manipulation is very iffy, for one taken literally this would mean they have like immeasurable speed, which is contradicted by every fight in the series.

The other thing is Gii's right hand of evil working of Petrovna and Lemure, 2 ppl who supposedly aren't affected by time.

Maybe it's meant in the same sense as Ati, who also isn't influence by time, thus doesn't ages, so they don't age, that's the only way it makes sense to me.

First one would be pretty bonkers given what's said about the speed of attacks from Critters and Kikai.

There's also Lemure being able to affect Kikai, or presumably so, with his Left Hand of Good I say.

When I thought of that, I would assume it just means that since that time was something they never got to experience in the first place. Kikai especially. Then again, you have this which says that because they were never born in the world the concept of time doesn't apply to them.

So it either means that time can't influence them, or as you said, they just don't age at all. The thing with Gii's does make it come off weird now that I think about it.

Time not influencing them is weird with there being the right hand of evil and left hand of good, so i think it means that they don't experience time as in age would have to make the most sense.

Since the interpretation that time literally doesn't exist for them also contradicts every speed feat in the series.

I mean we also have statements which say they never die, rot or decay. So yea looking at it in that sense time doesn't affect them.

Speaking of their immortality, don't think they should have type 2, it's pretty redundant since type 5 covers that. Type 1 which they should have, might also be redundant too since type 5 immortals exist unbound by conventional life or death.

I see type 2 and 5 on other profiles though, but i don't think Kikai and Critters should have type 2, they are just stated to never die, that's type 1.

Makes sense. Them having time means they can age, rot/decay, and die. With no time for them to experience could correlate to that of their nature.

I can agree with that. I also DK about Type 2 since Porshion would have been maimed by Thoth's (Kikai) attack only for it to regen it. Though I also DK if that's a Porsion thing or Kikai can regen too cuz of how Gii keeps OHKO'ing them before they could do anything lol.

Aside that, I can agree with removing type 2 and put in type 1.

Speaking on Inganock, would it not hurt to add Fire Manipulation for Clock Crack Chrome's Kikai? Or a possibly at that?

It's mentioned in the webnovel that there were flames scattered in the aftermath of one fight he and several UTS (Upper Tier Soldiers) were in and among those flames were black flames that were brought about by "she", as in the Kikai of a girl behind him as like other Kikai users.

"The mountain of rubble still smoked from the Monsters' flames, and from the black shining flames that "she" brought about. The Knight extended his hand toward it, and picked something up."

It seems a tad vague on how this is done, but this seems to be what it can do. Not sure if it's something that can affect Critters though like the other Kikai users since it's only mentioned that it can do this. Still no known name though.

Porshion got its arm erased from existence from what i remember, don't think just that alone would qualify for type 2, would have to be something like it not dying from a fatal attack.

Clock Crack Chrome is such a vague character in general, but yea fire manipulation seems ok.

Yeah it wouldn't make sense for that.

When he has so much hype whenever he's talked about but is so vague to even know if he matches it up or not lol. That's why the mysterious character tag works for him lol.

I remember the WN tale for him even have Iru muse CCC as an "Equation user made of steel" but that just seems to be in relation to him being made out almost entirely of Crack Engines. Feels like the Inganock fandiscs are the only source of material to learn more about him on his full powerset but idek.

He is like the 2nd most mysterious character behind Thoth, who is the biggest mystery in the series. Though we know about CCC just not his abilities, Thoth though is just a big unknown.

Leader of the WIC, a group of villains, but also apparently witnessed everything in Inganock 10 years ago and recorded it for Porshion to read.

Wasn't he also that one crying girl in Sharnoth who shows up at a bridge? Don't remember if that was confirmed as him, from what i remember that girl had knowledge of stuff going on too.

I just realized that, unless his Kikai is an odd case, his Kikai should have the standard abilities/defenses of other base Kikai's. There was that one moment where "she", the Kikai behind CCC, "disappeared" but that one struck me as an odd case when CCC met the Grand Duke at the Golden Spiral Staircase in the WN.

Was gonna do just that but figured we take care of the immortality and time thing of Kikai (and Critters) first.

He's also got many names too like Tesla, Golden King, Edison and M. I think the ones I remember were "The Faceless King who Abandoned his Title and Glory", "Superman", "Great Triangle" and "Cagliostro-Saint-Germain" from Valusia's Official Blog. Great Triangle seems important since he exists in three bodies (copy paste from a user who explained this on another forum):

• Balthazar, the "Shining Althotas=Toth=Hermes" who reigns over the WIC from the Holy City of Rome
  • Melchior - The "Supreme Althotas=Toth=Hermes", who took the form of a little girl and wanders in the Desert City Valusia.
  • Caspar - The "Fearsome Azathoth=Toth=Hermes", who is either on the moon or THE moon that's cackling down at the pitiful mortals right next to the Tick Tock Man.
There's also some possibility that he could be Toth=Hyubris=Rom, who Lily meets or hears in her dream walking journey in the Sona Nyl WN and who is the founder of the Northern Empire.

He's a real bag of mysteries that I feel as though either Sakurai hasn't make them have a more solid presence or role is just to keep him as a secret character or to save them for something really big...whatever that may be.

Well we don't know what CCC kikai's ability is, apparently something to do with fire based on what you posted, but yea he should have the standard resistances kikai have.

A shame we dk if it's Critter affectable like the other Kikai's. It probably could if even Zahhak and Johan's abilities can (as is Gii's and Kerkan's) but that goes into complete assumption zone there for me.

Anyways, we should probably take care of that Kikai and Critter issue first.

Yes immunity to time manipulation should be removed and immortality type 2 should be type 1.

Porshion should have type 3 immortality since it regen it's arm i think.

Let's get to it~

It was something like that. It's hard to make out but basically it got hit by Thoth's death breath, which is stated to destroy even Kikai. It starts to regen despite that, doing something to its body before the thread connecting him and Gii could be shattered.

Edit: Should have added this too the first time but before all this, it starts with Thoth counter attacking Porshion before it could sever it and Kerkan's thread, starting with the Right Hand and shortly after its whole body. It's hard to make out if Porshion regen'd only its arm or it's whole crumbling body, depending how you make all this out.

Celestial Pegasus said:
Porshion got its arm erased from existence from what i remember
Actually I want to go on this a bit. The narration talk's about the right hand being erased but that's referring to Porshion itself, which is called "the right hand from behind" in multiple occasions and even it's theme is called that. Not to mention how the narration itself goes on to say how the whole kikai was erased by Thoth. Since he regened from that shouldn't ecolved Porshion get mid-godly?
Näyttökuva (580)

Hax tank and Mid-Godly regen at 8-C. The Cracking Doctor is indeed broken lol.

I think it should noted that Porshion (and Gii) tanked this at first and it only affected Porshion when Thoth recovered and counter attacked by hitting its hand with its roar before it could react.

It's still a regen feat now that it's pointed out more simply, and I recall Porshion doing that moments after the counterattack. So it's got both a potent regen feat and a quick speed to it.

Inganock as a whole is so broken, especially compared with what is translated of the other series so far, it's not even close, Kikai and Critters are absurd, no surprise they appear in other series.

Nightengale's profile needs some additions too, she is missing the basic Critter abilities like non-corperal, abstract existence etc.

Also Thoth's voice apprently has the same effect as Critter's voice of panic:

Kerkan mind

Later it was said Porshion was protecting him, so obviously it's the same as the voice of panic, Kerkan should have Biological Manipulation.

Anyway another crt is in order.

Makes me wish we get Valusia so we can have the horrors compared too lol. Sona Nyl is coming next year for Messengers and A's Critters but that's for another while.

Gotta get those Novel Anthology chapters out too lol. Another Critter in Gahkthun and a unique Meta=Critter though...will be a long time~

Oh she should get that too, can't believe we missed that. And huh...didn't think of that of Thoth's roar and Gii's mind being intact. Then again, Thoth's roar sounded like Stone Golem's and if this was like the voice of panic like the Critters, I can see this happen for Kerkan to get that.

A's Critters are even more absurd since they have concept hax, Abhorrors and Messengers have some big shoes to fill, to measure up to Critters.

I will just make the thread after i finish my dinner.

What I like about blogger is I can add html tag so I can add certain ruby text of certain terms\words.

And NOICE. Getting closer. Think their last update was three weeks ago but at least we got another before the year ends.

With the current pace, it should be done around spring assuming it stays at 10% every 2-3 weeks, though doubt it.

I am thinking anywhere from spring to summer for sona nyl to be done.

I think it depends on how much focus is in to it by this point.

They still have several projects but its less than before from what I last recall. If they DO 10% each, we can see it coming around end of Spring or around Summer. They still gotta do tests on it and maybe something for the image if I remember their past updates.

I'm starting to think this after having gone through the other Physiology pages on this site.

There's quite a bunch of stuff we could add for them in regards to their "resistances" even if it's something that isn't quite right to add considering their Abstract and Non-Corporeal nature.

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Qliphoth_Bacikal/Critter_Physiology

There's more I have in mind to talk about but it's also Sona Nyl, and probably Gahkthun Anthology, related so I'll leave those out when Sona Nyl releases and if I can get Shining League done around that time.

The blog look good.

A lot of the resistances are implicit, it's like how we don't list resistance to time stop on characters profiles who have infinite speed, cause it's obvious.

That said Critters do have a mind, they are capable of reasoning, it's just animalistic.

Pretty much. I was debating on just not putting it but after looking at the others, I was like "Why can't we do that too for the Critters (and Kikai) lol".

Oh yeah...I keep forgetting about that. That is a good point to bring up, since that reminds me that even chars like Nakiri Kuubou has a mind...just pretty bonkers as hell with only one thing that drives them: Killing shit.

If that whole idea of Cracking=Drawing power from 2-A (Edison/Tick Tock Man) was still around, there's a lot of ideas I could see that being used for.

Obviously there's the Golden King atomization working on 2-A potency, but you also got stuff like Gii's healing working on 2-A potency, Kerkan's fire on 2-A scale, Hilde's Sekime glare on 2-A potency...a lot of things.

If you apply this to even beings made out of Cracking, you got Critter hax working on 2-A scale as well as Kikai and Messengers hax working on 2-A scale.

Hell if you recall, even Crack Engines would apply cuz they were made using Cracking in the mix lol.

That would be bonkers, idk how i would feel if the whole verse got that absurd.

That would also depend on Edison's tiering, if his own feats from Sona-Nyl are 2-A, if he is just said to be all space-time, it's different from if he is all space-time that ever was or will be.

The latter would mean he can scale to M's feat of destroying an infinite series of universes, the former we would have to take into consideration when M did that feat and when Edison became all of space-time.

Even if it wasn't 2-A, it'd still be pretty bonker tho lol.

Like on the Crack Engines thing. I remember something about how there were people who had them but it didn't help at all when Stone Golem caused people to still flee in terror. IDK if any other like Wendigo would scale since Stone Golems was remarked as being particular powerful, but my god can you imagine the mindhax scaling if it was. Kikai's would be even more redonkulous xD

If it happens to be the former, that would coincide with M speaking about him and Tick Tock Man being equals...sorta. It all really depends on the feats or at least statements of him about that in the VN.

If he is all of space-time that ever was or will be, it would be a superior feat to M, cause that would include not only those universes M destroyed, but Sharnoth as well plus the other universes that exist ie Kaijin.

But yea this is all speculative, regardless it would be an absurd boost in hax for the other characters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back