• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steampunk ~What a Beautiful Discussion Thread~ 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
µ®ƒµó░Òü«ÕÑ│Òü»ÒÇüÕÀ¿õ║║ÒéƵ¡ôÞ┐ÄÒüÖÒéïÒéêÒüåÒü¬Õº┐ÒéÆþ¡µîüÒüùÒüƒÒü¥Òü¥ÒüºÞÆ©µòúÒüùÒüƒÒÇé

The mechanical woman was evaporated while maintaining her form of welcoming the giant.

Úƒ│ÒééÒü¬ÒüÅþÖ║µî»ÒüòÒéîÒüƒÚûâÕàëÒéƵÁ┤Òü│ÒüªÒÇüÚï╝ÚëäÒü«õ¢ôÒü»þáòÒüæÒéïÒüôÒü¿ÒééÞ×ìÞºúÒüÖÒéïÒüôÒü¿ÒééÒü¬ÒüÅÒÇüÒüØÒü«ÕñºÕìèÒüîµÂêÒüêÕñ▒ÒüøÒüªÒüäÒüƒÒÇéþå▒ÚçÅÒéÆõ╝┤ÒüúÒüƒÞíصÆâÒü½Õ╝¥ÒüìÚúøÒü░ÒüòÒéîÒüƒÕâàÒüïÒü¬þá┤þëçÒüîÕ«ÖÒéÆÞê×ÒüåÒÇé

In the light of the quiet oscillating flash, the steel body was neither neither crushed nor melted, as most of it disappeared. A few remains blown away by the impact followed by the heat flies in the air.

That wrekt'd moment.

Liked how Kyrie only grunted in pain from this, though that likely has to do with his machine parts forming armor for him to help endure it.

Thought the optical weapon was above his normal capability, but that's obviously wrong since he tanked Thanatos's optical weapon, and wasn't vaporized.

Optical weapon just gives him the means to affect Mechanical Dead.

Still though the fact Ares and Diane were vaporized by a optical weapon, while Kyrie tanked it, means he is more durable than them.

We don't get time frames for when each chapter takes place, but Kyrie and Gene are travelling around so a lot of time can past.

Pretty sure Ares and Diane hurt Kyrie in their fights yet still they got killed by Kyrie;s optical weapon? Kyrie obviously got stronger by the time he faces Thanatos i think.

Same. The optical weapon, for Kyrie's that is, is usually his trump card to fight the Mechanical Dead since they either just stagger but not get harmed at all (Ares) or just outright have it slow and stop upon contact (Diane).

MCB Dura Kyrie though...SHIIIIT.

He probably got stronger then but it's really hard to tell since he had the same affected mechanized parts. Although there is that "more than half of his body mechanized" but that was in chp4 and likely referring to his inner functions like night vision.

Eh, only Ares is the one that harmed Kyrie. AFAIK for Diane, there was no point where she DID harm him. I thought she did when Gene got thrown to the wall but that likely might have been Kyrie stopping but accidentally letting her go and the momentum they were moving at to still affect her.

But Ares got vaporized by the OW, this doesn't make any sense unless he got stronger.

He tanks OW and just groans, while gets harmed badly by Ares, same Ares his OW vaporized.

Really not sure how to take this. An outlier for Kyrie's durability being that high maybe?

I was thinking that it might have been due to the nature of one being made of Cracking light while the other is...normal light?

But that wouldn't also make sense much either considering they both are hot enough to vaporize and slice shit up (Kyrie's slicing up half a high-rise building, Thanatos slicing up walls, floor and ceiling up).

Could very be an outlier but yeah, IDEK what to make of this either. Guess that's why I didn't feel safe going above Wall level.

There are 2 options here, Kyrie got stronger between fighting Ares and Thanatos, or it's an outlier for Kyrie's durability to be that high.

I would take that as an outlier then. Although granted Thanatos never really got to annihilate something like that of Ares, it would still rate them higher if him (Thanatos) vaping almost all of Dorman only brought grunts for Kyrie, yet before Los Alamos Ares could harm him and make him spat out blood or whatever. Heck even Diane would possibly scale too considering Kyrie never let her hit him even once and noted about her being strong.

So really, the only 8-A character will be Thanatos, which makes sense considering Kyrie had to gained another power up from Edison to win, when against the others it's gg once the OW comes out.

It's at best only scale to Kyrie's and possibly Thanatos OW's (assuming Thanatos is not so different from Kyrie's, Cracking light or not). That would be the safest thing to scale them from, especially as Thanatos was never harmed by Kyrie's light weapon cuz of erasing space.

"ÚèâÕ╝¥Òü»Õ╝¥ÒüïÒéîÒÇüÞ¬ÿÕ░ÄÕ╝¥Òü«þêåþÖ║Òü½ÕâàÒüïÒééµÅ║ÒéïÒüîÒüÜÒÇüÕø×Þ╗óÚï©Òü»ÞºªÒéîÒéïþø┤ÕëìÒü½Òü¡Òüÿµø▓ÒüîÒéïÒÇéµ®ƒµó░µ¡╗õ║║ÒéÆÕ▒áÒéïÒü»ÒüÜÒü«þÖ¢Þë▓Òü«Òé»Òâ®ÒââÒé¡Òâ│Òé░ÕàëÒüòÒüêÒééÒÇüþ®║ÚûôÒüöÒü¿Òü¡Òüÿµø▓ÒüÆÒéëÒéîÒüªÕê░ÚÇ╣ÒüøÒüÜÒÇüµÜùÒüîÒéèÒü«þ®║ÚûôÒü«Õ║èÒéäÕúüÒéÆþ®┐ÒüñÒüáÒüæÒÇé

The bullet was repelled, the explosion of the guided-missiles didn't stagger it, and the rotary saw bent just before contact. Even the white Cracking light that should have killed the Mechanical Dead couldn't reach as it just pierced the floor and walls of the darkness due to the entire space being twisted."

So yeah, 8-A AP for Thanatos and Kyrie's OW's but not Dura lest we get a weird crazy scaling.

Now that i think about it, Kyrie should have spatial manipulation too since the sword could harm Thantos despite it erasing space.

So basically you're proposing Thanatos and Kyrie be 9-B, 8-A with OW?

Makes sense. Though at first I thought of that as being cuz the sword was so big Thanatos "spatial erasure" wouldn't able to divert all of it. That can also be added along with anti matter and forcefield.

Pretty much. Safest option IMO. Just gotta have that Kyrie calc evaluated.

Shit now that I think about it, if Thanatos was truly 8-A I'd have it fight either Tesla with Knight of Thunder or Gigantomanchia from MHA.

Or find any other giant-ish beings. Kyrie I wouldn't know who to have for on that tier.

Think Tesla would be screwed since Thanatos has lol protection from the laws of physics + space twisting.

Tesla's abilities all involve electricty. He doesn't have anything like i think, you die, like GK, where he stares and you get atomized.

GK's attacks have no heat or mass, so Thanatos protection wouldn't work.

Would probably be inconclusive for Tesla since i don't think either can kill one another.

Yeah probably.

Saw that, that's cool. Yeah that sword thing's gotta be insane, if not at least be higher than his OW since that was his strongest weapon yet by the time the book's main story ended.

It does raise a question as to what a fully mechanized Kyrie would be like if just 3 parts of his body, now 4, gives him a machine gun, multi-small guided missiles, a buzzsaw arm, a laser light weapon, and another light weapon that can reach the sky (and ofc a leg function for him to move really fast). Obviously it's an F'd thing to think about considering he'd be completely dead and...well become a Mechanical Dead but his arsenal would be jacked.

Probably be warping reality or destroying concepts at that point.

As op as Thanatos is, it's funny that the first supernatural/fantasy creature we see, is still the strongest, that being Critters. Though idk how Messengers compare.

Also idk if any supernatural creatures are in Celenaria.

Neato~

Done with Gahkthun's location on the map, Character Introductio, and Glossary.

Map's img quality is bad when I looked at it so I'll have to readd it again with a more clearer image. There's also the titles of the 5 stories on some of them as I assume it's there cuz of the setting of those stories, but the last one (Dragon of Deception) is put on it's own bullet point due to no marked location.

Character Introduction is just the characters we meet in the OG VN, and Glossary's not much other than reflecting something as of the current year which is 1909 I assume.

Edit: Admittedly there's some text I can't quite really make out or TL even roughly right so the Glossary is about...I'd say a good 90% ish, maybe a bit less, alright for the most part to understand.

Pretty much. Short as hell, pretty much assumes you know them from the VN. Surprised the Supreme Six got names in relation to their Arts.

Right about into chp11. Guess after that is 12 and when we got the penultimate chapter.

Btw, you think to the upcoming CRT batch that Critters should get resistance/immunity to mind and life manipulation? I don't seem to think they have minds cuz they originated from toys and ofc they aren't even alive in the first place. Not sure what other thing can be added to the CRT batch.

What do you think so far?

I like that Sakurai doesn't do sex scenes just for sex scenes, like Tesla and Josephine, it wasn't about the physical act of sex, but emotions, as Josephine is doing it cause of some sort of guilt/repentance cause she planned on killing Tesla for her own selfish goals.

Kikai don't have a life, only a possibility resembling that, so agree with life immunity. I guess mind immunity also makes sense.

It's really good. Again it's a nice refreshment from Karsheel as there's, you know, life around and not everything being dead.

That's what makes it unique for this series. And same for Charles and Emilie, as the latter is doing it to "kill off" her younger self so as to better refine herself as a ruler. What's good is how that part of her is still there or came back cuz she now knew what Charles meant about his regrets.

Yup.

Doing the actual stories or starting up on it. Honestly I want to do the latter two stories, Shining League and Dragon of Deception. Former is cuz it takes place during the entirety of Gahkthun's main story (if behind the scenes that is) and has an interesting char related to Sona Nyl (Fairbanks) and latter has Tesla be the main char again along with Neon and what possibly may grant another form of NPI for Tesla...and Cat Lady's appearance~

But I'm doing it in order so those last two won't show up for quite a while.

Yea Gahkthun is meant to be uplifting hence it's called shining night. Karsheel is just depressing.

Yup, is Sakurai a good writer is it cause it's dudes who wrote sex scenes in all those others series lol.

Like Ati and Gii when they went to that brothel, it was about Ati overcoming her past self. Or M and Jane, it was about Jane trying to reconnect with M, who is completely unfeeling and we found out about his multiple personalities.

Any fav characters in Gahkthun so far?

Heh the fandisc sequel. And Shining Braves. Karsheel is really depressing, yes. And that's just with 4 chapters + the prologue and epilogue. If it was a bigger book, I wouldn't be surprised of Sakurai writing up more things of where Kyrie and Gene went to that describes this or that only to come up as being run down ruins.

Kek maybe lol.

Ah those are also other good examples of sex just not being for sex. Wonder what Sona Nyl's will be about when it comes out. Especially A's and Lily's ( ͡~ ͜ʖ ͡~)

Definitely Tesla followed by Neon, Izumi and Nightingale. Tesla's bluntness is pretty relateble to a certain extent, though compared to him I wouldn't be THAT blunt unless I had to get "real" with someone. Neon is pretty brave (no pun intented) and willful on having to deal with a whole bunch of...well everything: Tesla's bluntness and comments, Lobo's bed jumps, Art students, being friends or casuals with the females of the Governing Council...overall pretty great character. Izumi's just a real relief whenever she comes up cuz of her personality and Nightingale's cool for being the only one who doesn't fight Tesla and would rather be friends or at least allies with him.

Ofc this is by the base VN I'm going off of and probably will be updated when I go along the Novel Anthology. I just know Fairbanks will be up there once I know how he's like.

Probably something about not giving up since they are going up against Edison, or maybe feeling human since apparently both Lily and A aren't human? Or maybe due to everything being screwed and ppl's memories being erased, it's about not forgetting feeling of each other.

I can speculate on a bunch of reasons but it will definitely continue the trend of not just being a sex scene i think.

Yea everyone of the Governing Council wanted to kill Tesla to have their wish granted but Florence didn't care, she really personifies her name of Divine Lady. If this was a normal VN, she would be a heroine in one of the routes, Neon is pretty good too though.

Florence had so much hype, being at the top, not trying to kill Tesla like the rest, then Gk shows up and lolstomps her.

That would make a lot of sense.

That she would. And so oh unfortunate lol. The same somewhat happens ish for her in Shining League, like this Konrad guy did something to her with his Art (the hacking/messing other peoples art thing) to where he was able to use it summon that French named Critter. At first I thought it was dumb to not send in anyone else but after looking up what it did it made sense that Fairbanks would later go to confront him since he has no Art of his own. Granted I was thinking Tesla would have been better to go instead but since we DK if he truly could harm a Critter, that's a bit of a hard assumption to make. Then again, a (albeit badass) normie like Fairbanks is far more insane to imagine lol.

Gotta keep the hype up for it later when I get past the first three stories. The funny thing is that the first story takes place in Winter and we're literally two weeks away from it, and the second takes place around Spring. Maybe it was better to just do it in order lol. Or perhaps it's a coinencedensce ^^;

《ÞìÀÚø╗þ▓ÆÕ¡ÉÒü«þÑ×ÚÄÜ》ÒâêÒâ╝Òâ½Òâ╗ÒâÅÒâ│Òâ×Òâ╝ \ [Divine Hammer of Charged Particles] Thor Hammer

《Úø╗õ¢ìÚøÀÕ©ØÒü«ÕëúÕàê》Òâ┤ÒéíÒé©ÒâÑÒâ®Òâ╗ÒâïÒâ╝ÒâëÒâ½ \ [Electric Thunder Emperor Sword] Vajra Needle

《ÕÅîÚøÀÕà¼Òü«þÑ×þƒó》Òâ¼ÒéñÒé┤Òâ│Òâ╗ÒéóÒâ¡Òâ╝ \ [Divine Arrow of the Thunder Pair] Leigong Arrow

《µÑÁÕñºÚøÀÚø╗Òü«þÑ×µºì》Òâ×Òâ½ÒâëÒéÑÒâ╝Òé»Òâ╗Òé©ÒâúÒâÖÒâ¬Òâ│ \ [Divine Spear of Maximum Lightning] Marduk Javalin

《õ©ûþòîÒü«µ×£ÒüªÒü«Õà½ÚøÀ》Òâ®ÒéñÒâêÒâïÒâ│Òé░Òâ╗Òé▒Òâ®ÒéªÒâÄÒé╣ \ [Eight Thunderbolts of The End of The World] Keraunos Lightning

《õ║ñÕÀ«ÚøÀÚø╗Òü«Ú││》Òé¬Òâ½Òé┐ÒâìÒéñÒâêÒâ╗ÒâÉÒé╣Òé┐Òâ╝ \ [Bird of Crossing Thunder] Alternate Buster

《Úø╗õ¢ìÚøÀÕ©ØÒü«Õëúµûº》Òâ┤ÒéíÒé©ÒâÑÒâ®Òâ╗ÒâûÒâ¼Òâ╝Òâë \ [Electric Thunder Emperor Sword Ax] Vajra Blade

《Þ╝ØÕàëÒü¬ÒéèÒüùÕ©ØÒü«õ©ÇµÆâ》Òé«Òé¼Òâ╗ÒâªÒâöÒâåÒâ½Òâ╗ÒâÉÒé╣Òé┐Òâ╝ \ [Shining Emperor Strike] Giga Jupiter Buster

A constrast to the original electric names to that of what the furigana text puts above them as another way of saying.

Nah from one of the many Atwiki's I usually browse and read at.

Keraunos Lightning does appear yet again during What a Shining League. I didn't think to look to see if it had furigana text when I checked out 《õ©ûþòîÒü«µ×£ÒüªÒü«Õà½ÚøÀ》on the pages and when I went to GK's Atwiki page out of random checking and saw how Tesla defeated him I thought "Oh so that's the technical name of that move".

He used that for something and I assume it has to do with something around Fairbanks fight with a Critter.

The last one seems to be a Shining Night thing. Probably Wrath King related with Tesla destroying him with a bigger -buster move I guess.

Juat going through Karsheel again to add the Furigana's. Easy enough since it's all in Katakana even though it's pretty time consuming to do lol.

Noice. Now Kyrie has TWO weapons beyond his physical tier lol

3,000 shots per second is pretty ridiculous, the machine guns on the wiki i see aren't even close to that in a minute.

þÖ║Õ░äÒü¿ÕÉîµÖéÒü½þ▓¥Þú¢ÒüòÒéîÒéïþäíµò░Òü«Õ╝¥õ©©Òü»µ®ƒµó░µ¡╗õ║║ÒéÆþ®┐ÒüñÒÇéþ®┐Òü¿ÒüåÒü¿ÒüÖÒéïÒÇéþºÆÚûôõ©ëÕìâþÖ║Òü«þîøþâêÒü¬ÚǃÕ║ªÒüºÕ░äÕç║ÒüòÒéîÒéïþë╣µ«èÕ╝¥Úá¡Òü»ÒÇüÒüïÒüñÒüªAÕø¢Òü«ÚÖ©Þ╗ìÕàÁÕÖ¿ÚûïþÖ║Õ▒ÇÒüºþó®Õ¡ªÒüƒÒüíÒüîÞ¿êþ«ùÒüùÒüƒÒü¿ÒüôÒéìÒüºÒü»Õ£░õ©èÒü½ÒüéÒéïÒüéÒéëÒéåÒéïþë®Þ│¬ÒéÆþá┤ÕúèÒüùÕ¥ùÒéïÒÇüÒü»ÒüÜÒÇüÒüáÒüîÒÇé

The countless shells fired at the Mechanical Dead were also being refined at the same time. These special bullets which could destroy any material around it, were shot at a rate of 3,000 rounds per second, once calculated by great scholars from the Army Weapons Development Bureau in the United States.

Had to recheck it again. þºÆ is a Kanji that means a second (or a unit of time) so it checks out. Even his primary weapon trumps the shit out of our modern day LMG's

Finally done with sitting through and watching Gahkthun.

I really like the lovely and nice climax to the story. Loved how the students, including the council members, were fighting off the robotic...human shaped robots while also getting Neon to the Tower of d'If. Neat even where you had that Theodore guy summoning up his mech to blast the robots, Erich summoning up his colors to do the same, Rodin using a bronze sculpture to round them up, various rando students helping Neon like giving her a shield to block the bullets or help her up. Hell even Lobo got in on the assist lol.

But it was great actually. Liked it a lot. It was a twist of sorts to hear that Tesla killed Neon's family. While ofc it's obvious that Golden King did the deed actually, I can see how it would apply to Tesla "killing them" in the sense that Neon's family being able to maintain his existence is what can put them in danger, which is what Golden King did when he managed to find out about that and kill everyone but Neon. Am also amazed that it was Neon's grandmother that made it possible to keep Tesla around through her family. I would wonder if Tesla even rn still regrets not having at least be there for her final moments but I would guess doing his duty came first sadly.

Still overall, Gahkthun was very nice. Can't believe I missed out on it for this long until now lol. Although it's a good thing considering I'd be so bored and there'd be less talks aside Karsheel and other blog stuff or whatever I find of Steampunk. That and we have Sona Nyl coming up so the hype still lives up now after I just finished this lol.

Hopefully this coming year goes exactly that, and of the next. Sona Nyl and the Novel Anthology project are obviously for that year, but still holding up for more WAB news if possible as well as Ulthar even though my expectations of it aren't as high as before. Can't say the same for Vulthoom or any other but anything can be a surprise.

Just gotta Wait, and Hope.

Yea Gahkthun is pretty cool, builds up to an intense climax.

That's what i like about it, you have these sort of episodic episodes of fighting the council, where you would think the council is evil that are gonna be defeated and that's it, but they are just selfish people who want their wish granted, and turns out they all knew Tesla and looked up to him as kids.

So he is connected to all of them, saving the hundred thousand students also means saving the council.

The goal was said from the beginning but what that entails is very interesting.

So where would you rank Gahkthun among the WAB series you saw so far?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back