• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steampunk ~What a Beautiful Discussion Thread~ 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget Celephis(?) and I think the "Historical World" where Edison comes from. Celephis I remember was supposed to be non-canon but it's actually another world and made canon at the end where its Machina replaces the main series Machina.

Kek it would. Oh and Kyrie's Cracking laser and sword. Especially the sword. 2-A Antimatter/Forcefield sword tho ovo

I also just put a like and response to someone on Twitter just now that had them tweet about "Celeneria needs a TL. Same goes for Steampunk Full-Voice Fandisc", later adding on the other remaining untranslated VN works and Vulthoom. It's still amazing to see that there's fans of Steampunk that want certain parts of Steampunk translated and those waiting on Sakurai to release her projects like Vulthoom but this guy? He's going all out with that lol.

Celeneria is considered the lowest from what i can see, nobody says they like it the most, after that it's just a matter of preference though generally Sharnoth isn't seen as the best.

Haven't really seen anything about Valusia, would have to search for reviews.

Know anything about the Eyes of Hypnos? Saw it mentioned somewhere, also Hypnos Bar, if Hypnos is an actual character, i could see the verse getting ridiculous as his story in the Mythos from what i can see, is exploring reality and all that stuff and went into outversal territory.

Don't know if WAB is that faithful to the mythos but more information about the verse would be cool.

It's a novel that was name dropped at the end of the Sona Nyl Webnovel, which I'll add to my translations blog after I finish the Novel Anthology as another project. I'm not sure what it's about but I'm sure it has to do with more Gods or God-like beings in it. And if I were to assume more, it may be the same "purple Refrain novel" that I want to get that may have sources like M's Avatar thing or A's Howler in the Dark.

I'm hoping that's the case, but the problems are that I have no clue if it's the same or not. Besides finding a way to get it across the Pacific ofc. Been looking into ways like using proxy servers to get it and whatnot. If they still have them in reserve by the time I managed to find such a way, I can get it. Hypnos is a character and does sorta appear in the WN when Lily does her Dreamwalking journey, just for only a short moment.

IDK either if they are, but there is another name drop God in the series through Kyrie's optical weapon in ruby text named "Rlim Shaikorth". It's some white worm-ish god from the Mythos who in WAB is a giant white mech body god, kinda like how Cthulhu isn't its would be form and is instead a god in a mech. DK what it can do but Atwiki seems to have it related to some legend about a giant god with a sword that broke apart mountains and the earth and also ****** up some giant iceburg that has only a fragment of it remaining that drifts in the ocean.

I was looking into portions of the WN again and there's a particular part where Lily reviews the worlds/dreams/stories she goes through and it has Shaikorth and somebody else with it that she visited or saw of them. Which is really something to say considering Mushoku no Ulthar isn't even made yet at the time let alone rn. Which I really want to have rn xD

Sounds like a pretty important novel, but will be a pain to get.

Lily dream walking is what happened in Mythos from what i understand, never read sona nyl's WN, obviously cause i haven't read sona nyl, but it sounds interesting too.

Sounds like Hypnos.

Here's a couple passages about it, and this takes place right before she meets Tesla in Edison's Time Prison.

ÒüôÒüôÒü»Òü®Òüô´╝ƒWhere am I?

ÒüôÒéîÒü»Òü¬Òü½´╝ƒWhat is this?

ÒéÅÒüïÒéëÒü¬ÒüäÒÇüõ¢òÒééÒéÅÒüïÒéëÒü¬ÒüäÒÇéI don't know. I don't know at all.

ÕñóÒéƵ©íÒéïÒü¿Þ¿ÇÒéÅÒéîÒüƒÒéêÒÇéI was told to cross over my dreams.

þë®Þ¬×ÒÇüõ©ûþòîÒéƵ©íÒéïÒü¿ÒééÒÇüÞ¿ÇÒéÅÒéîÒüƒÒÇéHe told me to cross over the stories of the world.

ÒüäÒéìÒéôÒü¬ÒééÒü«ÒéÆÞªïÒüƒÒü¡ÒÇéI saw lots of things.

ÒüäÒéìÒéôÒü¬Õá┤µëÇÒéÆÞªïÒüƒÒéêÒÇéI saw lots of places.

ÒüäÒéìÒéôÒü¬þë®Þ¬×ÒÇüÒüäÒéìÒéôÒü¬õ©ûþòî´╝ƒLots of stories, lots of worlds?

ÒüØÒéîÒü¿ÒééÒÇüÒü£ÒéôÒüÂÒÇüÕñó´╝ƒOr were they all dreams?

ÒéÅÒüïÒéëÒü¬ÒüäÒü¡ÒÇéI don't know.

ÒéÅÒüïÒéëÒü¬ÒüäÒéêÒÇéI'm not sure.

ÒüƒÒüáÒÇüÒüƒÒüáÒÇüÞÉ¢ÒüíÒüªÒüäÒüÅÒüáÒüæÒÇéJust, just, falling.

Òü®ÒüôÒü¥ÒüºÒééþÂÜÒüŵÀ▒Òüäþ®┤Òü«õ©¡ÒéÆÞÉ¢ÒüíÒüªÒüòÒÇéFalling down a deep hole that kept on going forever.

ÒüéÒüƒÒüùÒü«Òü¥ÒéÅÒéèÒü½Òü»ÒÇüÒüûÒüÂÒéôÒü¿ÕïóÒüäÞë»ÒüŵÁüÒüùÞ¥╝ÒéôÒüáµ░┤Òü½ÒüºÒüìÒéïµ│íÒü┐ÒüƒÒüäÒü¬ÒÇüÚØÆÒüäÞë▓ÒéÆÒüùÒüƒÕàëÒü«þ▓ÆÒÇüþ▓ÆÒÇéþ▓ÆÒÇé

Around me were blued colored bright grains, grains, grains that dropped vigorusely like water.

þäíµò░Òü«Þ╝ØÒüìÒü«ÒüïÒüƒÒüíÒÇéCountless shining shapes.

ÒüØÒéîÒü¿……ÒÇéAnd......

Lilys Dream Travel Adventure
ÒÇîÒüé……´╝üÒÇì"Ah...!"

ÞªïÒüêÒéïÔöÇÔöÇ I seeÔöÇÔöÇ

ÞªïÒüêÒéïÒéêÒÇüÕ░ÅÒüòÒü¬þ▓ÆÒü«õ©¡ÒÇüÞªïÒéêÒüåÒü¿µÇØÒüêÒü░ÕñºÒüìÒüÅÒü¬ÒéïÒéôÒüáÒÇéYou can see these small grains become big when you get close enough.

ÒüôÒü«þ▓ÆÒü«õ©¡Òü½……ÒÇéIn these grains...

Òü╗ÒéëÒÇéÞªïÒüêÒéïÒÇéLook. I see.

ÒüéÒüƒÒüùÒüîÞªïÒüªÒüìÒüƒÒééÒü«ÒüîÞªïÒüêÒéïÒÇéYou can see what I have seen.

ÔöÇÔöÇÒé©ÒâúÒé¼Òâ╝Òü«þë®Þ¬×ÒÇéÒüäÒü¥Òü«õ©ûþòîÒü«Òü▓Òü¿ÒüñÒÇé

ÔöÇÔöÇThe story of Jaguar. One of the worlds of now.

ÔöÇÔöÇÚâ¢Õ©éÒü«þë®Þ¬×ÒÇéÒéÇÒüïÒüùÒü«õ©ûþòîÒü«Òü▓Òü¿ÒüñÒÇé

ÔöÇÔöÇThe story of the city. One of the worlds of old.

ÔöÇÔöÇþáéµ╝áÒü«þë®Þ¬×ÒÇéÒéÇÒüïÒüùÒü«õ©ûþòîÒü«Òü▓Òü¿ÒüñÒÇé

ÔöÇÔöÇThe story of the desert. One of the worlds of old.

ÔöÇÔöǵ╝åÚ╗ÆÒü«þë®Þ¬×ÒÇéÒüäÒü¥Òü«õ©ûþòîÒü«Òü▓Òü¿ÒüñÒÇé

ÔöÇÔöÇThe story of jet black. One of the worlds of now.

ÔöÇÔöÇõ╗«ÚØóÒü«þë®Þ¬×ÒÇéÒüäÒü¥Òü«õ©ûþòîÒü«Òü▓Òü¿ÒüñÒÇé

ÔöÇÔöÇThe story of the mask. One of the worlds of now.

ÒüØÒéîÒü½ÒÇüÒü╗ÒéëÒÇüÞªïÒüêÒéïÒÇéAnd, look, I see. ÒÇÇ

þäíÞë▓Òü«þë®Þ¬×ÒééÒÇéA world of no color.

ÒüÜÒüúÒü¿ÒüÜÒüúÒü¿ÒéÇÒüïÒüùÒü«õ©ûþòîÒÇüÒéÇÒüïÒüùÒü«þë®Þ¬×ÒÇéA world of old from a long time ago, a story of old.

Òé½ÒâÇÒé╣Òü«þë®Þ¬×ÒÇéThe story of Kadath.

ÕñºÒüìÒü¬ÕñºÒüìÒü¬Úï╝Òü«þÑ×ÒüòÒü¥ÒüîÒÇüþÖ¢ÒüäÞë▓ÒéÆÒüùÒüƒÚï╝Òü«þÑ×ÒüòÒü¥ÒüîÒÇüÕÑ│Òü«Õ¡ÉÒüïÒü¬ÒÇüþöÀÒü«Õ¡ÉÒüïÒü¬ÒÇüÒüïÒéÅÒüäÒüäÕ¡ÉÒü¿õ©ÇþÀÆÒü½µùàÒéÆÒüÖÒéïÒÇéÒüØÒéôÒü¬þë®Þ¬×ÒÇéA big big steel god, a white steel god, traveling with a girl, boy, or cute child. Such a story.

õ╗öþî½Òü½Òü¬ÒüúÒüƒÒüéÒüƒÒüùÒüîÒÇüÒüÁÒüƒÒéèÒü«Þ┐æÒüÅÒü«µ£¿Òü«õ©èÒüïÒéëÒâ×Òé¬Òü┐ÒüƒÒüäÒü½ÞªïÒüñÒéüÒüªÒéïÒÇéAs a kitten, I stared at them like a cat from a nearby tree.

Maybe. I do wonder how one can interpret this, since Lily says she's not sure if the stories and worlds she travels to (as a kitten tho) are truly dreams or not.

Then again, Thoth Rom Hubris or whatever the name was told her to go beyond space and time. Which makes me think this could all of the above since she's actually just dreaming here on top of it. That and how much this also applies to Edison too if you give it some thought lol.

Yup. I assume Edison could have something like this as well, I imagine.

þ®║ÚûôÒéÆÞÂàÒüêÒüªÒÇéBeyond space.

µÖéÚûôÒéÆÞÂàÒüêÒüªÒÇéBeyond time.

The ÞÂàÒüêÒüª can be a tad tricky since it can also mean things like cross over, cross through, or pass over. There's also things like "exceed" or "surpass". But I just used beyond since that;s one of its meanings you can apply to space (þ®║Úûô) and time (µÖéÚûô) here.

Makes sense. I'd find it BS if this wasn't something Edison could also do in his own way (cuz of having Yog's powers). He might also be able to see worlds as stories too maybe like Lily. More of a maybe but it's not entirely outrageous either cuz of the Yog thing again.

My prediction on Edison has always been he is all of space-time while also transcending it, thus sees everything as fiction. That would line up with what you're saying.

Is that actually the case though, we'll just have to see.

Need them Sona Nyl Edison statements~

What tier would that be if that's truly the case? Also if those "stories and worlds" Lily saw are actually whole worlds (and stories), if we take what you said about if Edison was stated to be all of time that was and ever be, that would easily net him a 2-B tier alone from the sounds of it tho that depends how much you take into Lily's own thoughts about that.

If he is what i said;all of space-time, while transcending it thus sees everything as fiction, he would be Low 1-C.

Just seeing 1 universe as fiction is enough for it, cause universes are 4-D, if you it as fiction, means you're 5-D.

If Edison gets into tier 1 with his own feats, M is probably gonna have to stay at 2-A till we can get and translated where it says they're equals.

Though from what i understand Edison with Oblivion Eyes>Edison=M, so i guess M wouldn't scale if hypothetical Edison was that high.

I heard something about in like pre sona nyl material or something is where M says he is Nyarlothep. Idk where it's said M is Nyarlothep of Steampunck while Edison is Nyarlothep of the Historical World, might be Steampunk Full-voice Fandisk.

We need that translated too, all these fandisk, which will probably never be translated, sad.

Think of it from Edison's perspective if my prediction is right, a fictional being nothing more than drawings, thought he could challenge him.

TFW Tesla has officially one of the biggest set of balls to fight not only a 2-A in the past but also a Low 1-C (if all of what was said is true).

Sadly, so. From what I always remember of Trexalfa's words, Edison with the Oblivion Golden Eye (largest fragment of AZTT, also serves as the moon of Kadath) and Yog-Sothoth's control over space-time > Edison=Black King/M, yes. It's like having upgrades before and after. Edison with Gold Eye and space-time is him after. Edison and M being equals is before.

They are stated to be Nyarlathotep in the rough guide to Steampunk, but nothing more beyond that like the above.

Truly sad times indeed.

I also gave some hypothetical thought but it's just for fun, I could see Edison going like this no matter where he is as long as his authority over space-time is mentioned in the VN:

-By going over just the ones he's either been to or is omnipresent in that Lily has traveld to, he'd be 2-C (Main Steampunk verse, "Historical World", Karsheel, Celaphis, and the 6 worlds/stories Lily is confirmed to have gone through including the unreleased Ulthar)

-If we take those countless grains as actual stories/worlds Lily saw and not just the 6 she's been through, that's 2-B.

-If it's like the other day where he could be all of time that was and ever will, which includes that infinite layered world M ate up, that's 2-A + the above.

-And ofc we got Low 1-C Edison if he truly is the same as Lily by all of this on top of viewing them all as fictionl stories.

M and Edison being avatars of Nyarlothep i can see how they were equal in the past, but Edison got multiple boosts on top of that, makes sense why he is stronger presently.

With Lily, pretty vague whether those worlds are just planets or universes really, if they are and Lily sees them all as stories she would be Low 1-C...

All we can do now is wait for Sona Nyl, just speculations here. It still wild how Edison is so absurdly powerful yet is the villain of the entire series, it's apparently meme tier how he is responsible for everything that's happened.

The good guys are so underpowered, besides Lily.

"External powerups" as Trex would put it but yeah overall, Edison would be the strongest Nyar incarnation.

Lily's journey through "worlds" and "stories" being vague I can see why you think that. If it was just universe, you'd see the kanji for that as Õ«çÕ«Ö. But we got õ©ûþòî which can mean world or universe, depending on its usage and context it's in. It's also even not known if she's just traveling beyond space and time to various points of time in the world or actually going to other worlds that are like the main verse. Like she does meet several people shown in three of the previous VN's before Sona Nyl (Ati, Mary, Holmes, and some guy in Valusia) and ofc she later meets Tesla who kickstarts the plot of the next VN after Sona Nyl.

Maybe she is going to other worlds/stories, maybe it's just the same world but at different points of the past and present. Or its as Lily also thought: they could all just be part of her dreams.

Hard to say. And lol yeah everyone else but Lily (and maybe A after M grants him part of his powers) are underpowered AF. Broken for their tiers, but just not on the same level. And all of that wouldn't compare to Edison if this is all true lol.

Forgot to ask again after you finished Gahkthun, which couple do you like more Gii and Ati or Tesla and Neon? Obviously you like Gahkthun the most, but does that apply to the couples too?

With Neon and Tesla, there is the whole backstory of Neon's fmaily being the ones who can anchor Tesla's existence, and them being murdered by GK, and later on Neon bringing Tesla back. Tesla seemed to basically want Neon to punish him for what happen to her family but instead she confessed her love for him, there was clear mutual attraction from the get go, but Neon didn't want to admit it.

In their case Tesla is dependent on Neon, cause literally if not for her nobody would remember him, with Gii and Ati, Ati was the one who depended on Gii. Inganock is a completely messed up place, ppl mutating, no contact with the outside, diseases that fuse with your existence etc etc.

Ati was a runner as such experience death and loss frequently, and Gii was her comfort. Gii never had energy to initiate any sort of physical intimacy, Ati was the one who did. But she just thought of Gii originally as a friend but later realized she wouldn't do such things with a friend. Gii is the guy who saved her in the past after all.

Both situations with the couples are completely messed up, Neon's family being massacre, Inganock being a harsh place to live.

Btw assuming Tesla is your fav steampunck mc now.

Ah, a great question to ask before the year ends and new starts.

The girls of the series seem to be those that have just as much influence in the series as the males. Which is what I like a lot on given that of Mary, Ati, Kia, Neon, and I assume Elysia and especially Lily when we get to know what they're like (and if I were to add another, Gene also).

But in terms of both couples of who I like more? I probably say Tesla and Neon. It's clear, to me at least, that Tesla really cares about Neon and he even recopirates her feelings at the end. It's not just due to her Radiance being a particular kind that sets him around in the world, but also how its a way to have love in his life considering what happened with him and Neon's grandma.

I think what helps for him is he's pretty sincere and geniune, if blunt with a side of pervyness (LOL), with Neon. Then again he is nearly a hundred yrs old so the fact he's still "adjusting with the times" (and that's also including the fact he was locked up in Edison's time prison for over 5 years) so it takes him a bit to get around with society lol.

But Gii and Ati aren't so bad either, if not equal to Tesla and Neon. Gii definitely doesn't mind Ati's presence, and they do hang around a lot along with Kia. They also have parallels with each other too like Tesla and Neon. Gii works as a doctor who heals people and Ati is someone who does a rather violent job every day. They definitely even have the chemistry for each other overtime in the VN, even having sex with each other already by that point and doing it again. What sucks is how tragic their relationship turned out when Lemure Lemure targetted Ati and forced Gii to relief her of her pain by taking her present and reverting her back to when she was a human.

Oh yeah both of their situations are ******. I just find Gii's and Ati's ******, and even more sad to not know if she ever comes to find Gii again. Wherever the hell he's been at or if Sakurai ever reveals his fate with even a hint.

I guess so lol. I did have his "Japan Tesla" icon a long while back as my avatar lol.

Yea the girls are very important, Lily is a goddess, and one of the most powerful characters in general from what i can grasp.

In general, every character plays a purpose, which i really like.

Tesla has been honest since the beginning that he found Neon attractive, he can't tell lies after all, when they all went to the beach is an example of this and he saw Neon in her swimsuit, but she was embarrassed.

At the end Neon is a bit salty about what happened between Josephine and Tesla, speaking of that, that's a perfect example of his honesty.

He found Josephine attractive too but thought them sleeping together was a bit quick, and he didn't let her get what she wanted, she wanted to just do a ritual of sleeping with Tesla to get rid of that guilt of killing him, but he was having none of it, he showed her what exactly she was doing meant.

With Gii and Ati, how it started too is important, they have around each other for years and it started after Gii stopped her from mutating out of control. Both Neon and Ati aren't honest with their feelings lol.

Yea Ati and Gii is more tragic, cause how it ended, Tesla and Neon however had a happy ending even getting married later.

Tesla just has too much of a presence for the other mc's so far to compete. He exudes being a hero, and badassery, 1 man fighting against the world and even the gods.

Most fitting to call her that when even Tesla regards her as a Goddess (or at least the narration regards her as such to him).

She has a really strong role in regards to the concepts or themes each VN tries to convey or talk about or is related to the plot of the series. I was also reading someone's blog review (that's in Chinese, btw) and from what I can only gather up on with Gaggle atm, she plays exactly just that and you'll learn why when Sona Nyl releases. I also learn in that same blog that, yes, Edison actually wants to prove to Alan that love doesn't exist since, going off one quote of it, for love to take a form it must exist. Which seems very likely to be related to Elysia's journey and perhaps that involving Lily in it.

While spolierish for me, I don't even know enough context that I want to really read the VN and see just how much of a badass she is. Up to and including her pulling a gun out at Edison lol.

I love that bit, and it actually fits for Neon to have her punch Tesla in the gut and have him crumble to the floor with Josephine's power increasing her blow. Goes down in history as the official "loss" to Tesla lol.

Indeed. Ati and Gii's is sad, as is for Kyrie and Gene (if I were to add them too even if they aren't a couple...I wish they were then I'd be able to write out some good stuff heheh). It feels like to me so far that Tesla and Neon have it good for them. And for Sona Nyl later when it comes out.

He's a legit superman for a reason, so it stands for him to be such a badass who goes around destroying criminal organizations and terrorist groups left and right and even have more balls to fight Gods (M, Edison, Cthulhu/Wrath King).

2020 is gonna be a great year, I can tell. Hopefully a lot lot to look out for on WAB. Sona Nyl and its novel (when/if I have time and money, and luck, to get it), Gahkthun Novel Anthology...and swear at least either Ulthar or Vulthoom news (betting on the former) and news about Valusia being made to be TL'd next.

Happy Steampunk New Years! Wooooooo.

I got a couple questions I wanted to make but didn't really think to do it until now finally.

For Inganock, what exactly makes Lemure Lemure, Petrovna, Kia, and the Grand Prince special enough to be ress'd or whatever it is G=G did to make them Stolen Ones? I could get the Grand Prince being one for someone who essentially started the project that later gave birth to G=G, but not so much as the others...Well I do have an idea for Kia and Petrovna. Kia and Petrova, I assume is due to being able to remember what the city was like before the Rebirth, and Kia also being able to hear the voices of the Kikai that weren't able to be born. Lemure Lemure, IDK about him but my only thought comes from him being a sentient enough Kikai to be able to move around and talk (others like CCC's and Gii's only just talk to their user and are bound to them).

For Karsheel, how do you think the plan to revive humanity would have gone like if it had been proceeded through? Whether or not Gene would have known what was gonna happen to Kyrie or if Kyrie never woke up or if even Gene never made it when she did know. I mentioned this with Redgrave one time and we both agreed that even if Dorman's plan, or objective she was given worked out, there's the matter of how utterly screwed the planet is to live on and that's not counting however many Machine/Mechanical Dead are still around.

Grimm=Grimm desires the wishes and feelings of others, and the one who reaches the end of the golden staircase, is the one who gets their wish granted. Everytime Gii beat a Critter he move up the stairs.

To me this all this seems metaphorically, the golden staircase isn't just a physical thing, but some sort of emotional/personal/spiritual journey a person goes through.

Kikai grow in response to their user's growth, and fighting Critters is how that growth comes about.

In short, Grimm created Kikai and Critters all so someone at the end would meet it and have their wished fulfilled.

To me Stolen Ones are just a part of this whole thing, Petrovna died 10 years ago but was brought back as a stolen one, she not only absorb her kikai, but also a critter, in that sense she was special she is the only one who did that. And she serves as a major obstacle in the journey of the golden staircase, Lemure is that too.

Kerkan did get his wish granted but at the end of the day it was Gii who won between the 2 of them, Grimm, just went away during it's confrontation between Gii, meaning Gii is the one who truly completed the golden staircase.

Pretty much even if life was brought back, the planet itself is still screwed, ultimately after going through all the food left, life would just die out, unless Dorman also had a plan for that. It would be feasible to create an environment to foster life, create plants and animals, and humans can live off that. Still it would take time and only a small number of humans for example could continue surviving, nowhere near what it was before.

Right. I get that, but I have wondered what was the deal with the Stolen Ones. Petrovna and Lemure Lemure's roles here I now get.

Well she did have a plan to also recreate plant and animal life. The issue is definitely on securing such a place to foster new life. Granted the laws of physics being dead in various parts of the world means they pretty much got a very small pot of land that's still "living" for them to live on from there. I can't imagine what would happen if years down the line they tried to go see if they can cover up more ground only to know that it's just not possible if Chp1 with the seed thing Gene did is anything to go by.

If Lemure and Petrovna are obstacles, i guess Kia would be a support.

She is obviously part of this whole thing, she is the one Lemure came for, and Grimm too.

She is the one who comforted Gii after what happened to Ati. Isn't she also the one Gii failed to save? She has a lot of relevance.

Grimm took her, and that's when Gii finally climbed the physical golden staircase, and completed the spiritual one too, since Grimm went away, Inganock got released from the fog and Porshion who was with Gii and completed the journey got resurrected.

Yea unless there is someway to counteract the death of the laws of physics and the mechanical dead, bringing back life is pointless.

She was, yes. There was flashbacks about Gii trying to save her and also about Kerkan either wanting to also have her saved or not just so she wouldn't suffer being in pain and dying? Can't remember which but that sounds really morbid.

A great climax to Inganock, but one that left so many questions just like its successors. Even with the WN.

That's like the problem with most apocalyptic settings. Whether it was ended by a world ending disease (Last of Us or Resident Evil) or natural disaster, there's the matter of how much land is still preserved and also how how many people survive. Only in this case Kyrie's and Gene's situation is of the highest. Edison dropping a clock tower that pierces the earth deep enough to hit the core, killing off all the planet and 90% of its people, and Mechanical/Machine Dead beings rising up to finish the job while also killing off any land that managed to survive.

At least in other settings of post apocolyptic worlds the world is fine-ish and there's still people (albeit some can end up turning into savage survivors). Here? Just pure terror and depression in a world that's long dead. It's probably the most evil thing Edison has done, or at least one of the top evil things he's done that we know about.

Inganock doesn't spell everything out, i didn't grasp the full picture when i originally read it, it's just now relooking at scenes and thinking about it, then i think i get the whole picture.

Gahkthun is different as everything is spell out, don't have to try interpreting anything.

Edison is very evil, and we haven't even seen him introduce in the series yet. He has so much presence, and he isn't even there yet lol. I really wanna know how he thinks and his motives.

Jean has some sort of insect mask and hasn't grown in a decade, then blossoms into a girl, like what?

Gahkthun has some weird stuff but this takes the cake. Guessing this is one of the ones not written by Sakurai.

As Tesla said, there's quite a lot of mysteries out there.

Aye. It's a collaboration work of writers and artists so it's not just Sakurai and Semmaiba(?) writing it.

It is going to be a while to get back to Tesla and Neon though. The next two stories are the prequel ones from before the main story, so like before Neon and Tesla enrolled in the academy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back