• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steampunk ~What a Beautiful Discussion Thread~ 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the mention of New York, how it's described is yet again another hype reason to know just how bad it was when shit when down that time.

We'll learn just how bad it is for Douglas to just lose it at how much he hates Superman lol.

The Hound of Tindalos is mentioned but then later Douglas refers to himself as a beast, and then it says the beast manifest unevenly beyond time and space or something like that.

So is Douglas the Hound is what i am wondering. Atm not really sure how to take the beyond time and space stuff, it's an obvious reference to Cthulhu Mythos though.

Ah.

The word Tesla describes Douglas' "state" says that. The "beast" part I think is meant to be taken more metaphorically since he's acting up even more reckless than what he is like Augustine described of him.

I thinking that there's some shady stuff that happened to him while he was training with the Evil Shadow sect. Or maybe Douglas just hated the "Man of Steel" so much for not saving New York that it literally made him possess such darkness?

Sounds like some Kingdom Hearts or Star Wars stuff there but it's hard to make out with such a short story like this.

I can understand that. Plus when was there a ninja technique that can make you manifest hundreds for yourself beyond time and space lol.

I chuckled when they said Superman was a childish hero.

Wonder if Superman has gotten rekt as much as the Man of Steel Tesla, Tesla has been rekt so much; killed by GK, speared by Wrath King, slapped by M and Edison etc.

We will probably need some input on that beyond space-time stuff.

The beyond time, beyond space thing also ofc appears in Lily's dreamwalking journey. So it's consistent in the references from Cthulhu Mythos from Hypnos to the Hounds of Tindalos.

If only we know how much to really take into that lol.

Lily's thing involved doing that in her dreams to see the various stories that make up the world, which can also mean either she actually traveled to and from the past and present (refer to as "old" and "now") or actually went to different universes and took a part of being in those worlds/stories from Inganock and Valusia to post Sharnoth in London.

Dougla's case seems to be him summoning/duplicating himself in at least the hundreds in a way that probably sounds like something the hounds do...maybe.

Most definitely in the comics, I imagine. I know Doomsday can wreck him, as do Darkseid.

What I'm more wondering about atm, and this probably might have happened sometime during or after the VN, is if Douglas and Tesla talked about the case with New York.

Lily is a literal Goddess who can even mess with Edison, being beyond space-time is understandable.

Douglas isn't hence why we are looking at it so closely. But yea Douglas just seems to be summoning himself, it's not like Lily who is travelling to different worlds.

From what little i know Superman is like at the center of the multiverse, events always revolve around him, he is pretty much like a symbol of good, and thus a Superman will always exist in the multiverse, cause he is the first Superhero or something like that.

Probably got some things wrong there, but Tesla wishes he was as important as Superman lol. He does go around fighting evil organizations and stuff, but multiversal things are out of his pay grade.

There hasn't been any crisis on infinite earths, who knows Edison might decide to end the multiverse at some point but doubt it, he seems to enjoy watch mortals suffer instead of nuking them.

Not only that, it's probably far more believable for that to apply to Lily, whose not a normal human being, than Douglas who is one. I also recalled that Douglas had to use Liaodan when he performed Night Parade of Hundred Demons (the duplicate thing he did) so it's not something he could have done perhaps w/o it. That or Liaodan was used so he can bolster up and kill Tesla with a mob flood tactic.

I recall something like that, yeah. And Tesla wishes he got power buffs to pull off even half the things Superman does in the comics. Cuz if he did, he might have had an easier time dealing with those on GK and Cthulu's level...and maybe on M and Edison's level. A strong MAYBE. He just needs some massive a**pull buff from Sakurai and he's good to go, even if it's just hax only.

A crisis on infinite earths but with Cthulhu Mythos and Steampunk. That's a picture I like to see.

I like to think also that Douglas and Tesla might have talked about New York at some unknown point. Discussing the troubles with it, as well as Tesla explaining why he wasn't there when New York turned to ruins and 3 mil people disappearing. Although that sounds like a really sensitive topic for both I would imagine. A city and its people just turning into ruins and disappearing respectively in one day is a heavy topic to go through. Neon probably wouldn't be able to imagine the kind of horror that went down.

Zorro is now part of the wiki.

Think this is the best I could put. Not sure about the beyond space and time part either since even if it is, it at best just duplicates or summons himself in the hundreds.

IDK about Antoine and Konrad. Antoine doesn't have any feats I'm aware of Konrad's only powers would be his hacking (which would just be limited powernull at best) and summoning of a Critter using a piece of Nightingale's Art which if anything means it'll just have the Beast Critter...whatever that tier would be. Probably 8-C since Douglas was about to fight it at the end.

Think at this point I only have Shadam Coco/Catwoman and the Metacritter/Jabbawocky to make as potential profiles.

Doesn't Douglas warp space, or is that only when summoning his duplicates? Either way it's spatial manipulation.

Antoine and Konrad are featless.

He was warping space before he used Hyakki Yagyo but it didn't seem like something used offensively. Tesla was caught off guard by it tho so I assume that's just used to avert his attention and then he either uses his saber or shuriken to attack out of the warped space.

Yeah those were some of the parts I was disappointed with.

Not putting up much hope for Catwoman and Jabbawocky but can't say it'll be all bad.

It's still spatial manipulation, just not anything spectacular, he should have it listed, this is an indexing site after all.

It's not like Karsheel where there is an entire book to dive into the story and characters, this is pretty small compared to that, so yea not much feats are gonna be there, but still disappointing.

Point.

Yeah. The book is an anthology of stories so it's not gonna be long for all of them.

I'm sure Dragon of Deception will have add ons for Tesla at the very least.

M's acausality has been bugging me for a while.

The only mention of being beyond causality that we have found so far is from him devouring universes that increase beyond causality.

I don't think that's enough for type 5, you need really good explanations for that.

I think type 4 fits better since even ignoring him devouring stuff beyond causality, he is literally the same as a realm within which time doesn't exist, he is obviously operating on a different system of cause and effect.

I had the same thought too. And looking at the acausality page, it says that type 5's are considered virtually "impossible to even interact with" which, while I don't know how taht works exactly, if that were the case M's interaction with various characters seem like that wouldn't have happened or something.

I can see it changing around to type 4 given current info we know about him.

Impossible to interact with like God (Tokyo Babel) for example, he transcends causality, and thus can't be harmed by anything, to be harmed he had to be made to lose his acausality by something with his own power.

Just being stated to be beyond causality isn't enough for type 5, you need something in addition which says or shows they can't be harmed.

Which M doesn't have atm.

Ah.

Oh yeah, that's not what M has so he has to get something else then which the next best looks like a type 4.

Also thinking this, I like the idea that there could be more than one "Man of Steel". Like Tesla is the main man of steel and even though he doesn't wear anything like that, unless you count his gauntlets/gloves, he does behave like Superman in that he gets a powerbuff by running off of Radiance like how Supe's runs off of sunlight.

Douglas, at least to Augustine, is another "man of steel" by wearing a suit of steel that makes him superhuman-like. He also got the part set down like what Augustine described him...or by quoting the famous line: "Faster than a speeding bullet. More powerful than a locomotive. Able to leap tall buildings in a single bound". First and last one can apply but IDK about the second one though given what he showed in his fight with Tesla that might not be far off to where he could be at if he pushes himself.

I probably would add Billy from Karsheel but that only applies as Thanatos which sounds and is depressing for what happened. The only comparison I could make out of it how he would be like this one guy who made himself look like Superman at one point during this time when Supe's was dead after Doomsday, but that's about it since Thanatos is just a killing machine (literally lol).

I'm wondering how many other references from comic books could be made into this series lol.

His match with Sonic is a stomp now, since the hedgehog has fate hax which works on type 4 acausals not to mention type 2 concept hax.

Speaking of Radiance, you remember what exactly it is? It's some sort of emotion/feeling people give off, that's about what i remember from years after seeing the VN.

The sun is an actual physical thing, Radiance isn't from what i remember.

Yeah...

It sounds like something related to emotions and feeling, yeah. That could be what Tesla always refers to even against the council members. Might also be something will-ish related? Maybe not.

I'm only going off memory of several of them, Neon, and he counts, Douglas.

Wondering if i should even make a thread for this 1 thing when sadly nobody besides us cares for this verse, to have a decent sized VN fanbase seems the series either needs to be tier 1 or have an anime, sometimes both.

Leaning towards no in making that thread, t's not a tier or speed upgrade or adding some absurd ability like plot hax.

Yea i took it as being a emotion, but i am wondering which one, if there isn't anything definitive said about it.

Unless it's multiple things like the last couple threads, I wouldn't bother with it. Though that ofc means you have to remove the loss to Sonic.

I'm thinking of the same too for when I can find how the "Meta=Critter in Information Space" thing goes for Tesla and Neon since Tesla getting additional NPI add on and solid info about his scarf turning into some humanoid-girl (looks cute btw) is all I think will be added.

Aite.

I also just thought of how much of a guy Douglas is in the book alone. Just in SL, he's said to be popular with girls, Augustine calls him as her "Zorro" and "Man of Steel", and seemingly enough even the series own "Catwoman" seems to have a fancy with him.

This guy could have a full blown story about this along with the Dark Knight bit.

Was Tesla always stated to be Lightspeed? I know there's been times where he's said to go at said speed but there's been other moments where he's said to go near light. Even he himself said that on a good day, he's near light.

Not that it would really change much, since half the time he's said by others to go light speed while other times it's like near light speed. Shining League even seems to state this of Tesla vs Douglas...at least I think that's him moving rather than his lightning cuz that would cause quite the upgrade for the Council Members.

"ÚǃÕ║ªÒÇüõ║║õ¢ôÒü«ÚÖÉþòîÒéÆÞÂàÒüêÒüªÒÇéÞíÇÕÖ┤ÒüìÕç║ÒüùÒÇüÚ¬¿Þ╗ïÒü¥ÒüøÒüªÒÇüþìúÒü«Õ¢╝Òü»þû¥ÞÁ░ÒüÖÒéïÒÇéÒüáÒüîÕàëÚǃÒü½Þ┐½ÒéïÚøÀÚø╗ÒéÆþø©µëïÒüÖÒéïÒü½Òü»ÒÇüÒüéÒü¥ÒéèÒü½ÚüàÒüÅÔöÇÔöÇ"

"With blood spurting and bones grating, the beast dashes with a speed that went beyond the limits of the human body. But it was too late to deal with the opposing lightning that approached near the speed of lightÔöÇÔöÇ"

At least with this it makes him consistently fast in the whole series.

Edit: Just noticed that in the same fight with Berta that this was said later on after his speed was being discussed. So he's more going Lightspeed than being near lightspeed I guess. Which is weird considering he made that sort of correction or response himself about being near lightspeed.

Seems like him downplaying himself or an inconsistency, vs Walther, Mathers also said he is lightspeed, which Tesla himself confirms.

Sounds about right. Moving at lightspeed and dodging attacks and reappearing at another spot with Electric Evasion that's also lightspeed is more consistent.

I was also reminded about Sona Nyl's Magical Eye of Hypnos book lately. IDEK if it's even sold anywhere but I've seen about two page scans of it off of Tumbler here. This user actually posted up several scans from the Novel book of Sona Nyl, which is apparently a book version of the webnovel but it's revised, has additional images and has colored pages on top of a glossary and timeline table.

It also has text for the audio portion which means I don;t have to struggle as much when I get the book in doing that portion. Another thing is that this novel version of the WN has the thing where M can create "Planet and Galaxy sized" avatars according to Atwiki which, if it's true and is sourced as such, means we have another material info for us to lead on.

I'm just broke atm to buy it lol.

It took me this long to realize, and probably said this a long while back, but A getting Howler in the Darkness (in the Tumbler link, you can see some black stuff coming off of A's being) is yet another example of M granting someone some kind of power like how he gave Mary and Charlotte black swords.

The only difference I see here is A's Howler in the Darkness, and IDK if this is right since I'm going off theysay and Atwiki, is apparently M just granting him his Jet Black to A. Something about him being worthy of wielding the power of the evil god or whatever. Probably some part of it but sounds like it might be better than his Critters since he's getting it from a 2-A being.

I was also looking up Valusia's official blog and one of the attacks Leo has with his Giant God mech is called《µ╝åÚ╗ÆÒü¬ÒéïþÄïÒü«þ×│》, which roughly means "Eyes of the Jet Black King". All I got is it just releases a torrent of black from his mech, but nothing much from it as far as I can tell from the blog. If it's really the Black King as it says it is, then that's 3 examples of M's power bestowal.

The only one he doesn't give out to is Tesla, who only stole some of it lol.

So A got Howler during the events of Sona-Nyl? When facing Edison? Idk about the last part, don't think it does much of anything to Edison, it's cool though.

So M goes around granting ppl his power, so does Edison like with the mechanical dead and supposedly cracking.

Nah, it's after Sona Nyl. A actually never got to encounter Edison when he and Lily got to where the latter needed to go since he died while fighting the last Angel/Messenger in the VN.

I wish that were in the VN though. That would have been sick and probably would have allowed A yet another summoning power to use than his 3 Critters. But it seems as though it's a book thing, probably a Eye of Hypnos one which makes it even harder to find out about it. I actually dek what it does beyond what I could gather up on.

But yeah, it probably wouldn't do much to Edison even if he had gotten this in the VN and survived long enough to get to him.

>Since he died while fighting the last Angel/Messenger in the VN

Spoiler!!! If i cared about spoilers i would be freaking out, but i don't. So guessing Lily resurrected him?

LOL. You'll probably forgot part of it by the time we get the actual VN xD

Technically I have already spoiled stuff plenty of times, but those happen at different times. Some things like the Gene and Kyrie one, I'd keep shut on it since it's REALLY spoilery...but I'd have to do the same for A in the VN, which I didn't~

Hard to say. He does reappear again but IDK how or why.

The power of gold concept hax sounds like a good way to resurrect someone.

We're getting close to 400 posts again, will the mysterious Ashford create a new thread i wonder, mysterious cause we are the only ones posting here and they just show up to create new threads lol.

Sort of weird to imagine ppl just watching everything you do and you don't know about it.

I am thinking Sona-Nyl will have an update tomorrow for the last update of January.

If so, hopefully it's at least 10% again, making it 85% complete.

They could still be following the thread even without saying anything since people who make a thread are automatically following it unless they click the follow button to unfollow for what I can tell.

Lily's power of Gold actually allowed her to free to Tesla and even let her get out of her cat form she takes in her dream walking journey. The latter isn't forced upon her by anything as far as I can tell though, but it's something.

I'm still thinking back on the M Avatar thing. A planet-sized, galaxy sized Black King like him would be pretty scary. Then again, M=Sharnoth means he's already bigger than even that. Still insane with the Avatars, but I gotta get the Refrain Novel now that I looked at the details said about it on both Amazon and another item selling site to know if it's on there or not.

Superhuman Physical Characteristics, Physics Manipulation, Fire Manipulation, Information Manipulation, Death Manipulation, Space-Time Manipulation, Deconstruction, Matter Manipulation, Mind Manipulation, Non-Physical Interaction, Cosmic Awareness, Transmutation, Existence Erasure, Biological Manipulation, Fear Manipulation, Madness Manipulation, Electricity Manipulation, Explosion Manipulation, Non-Corporeal, Abstract Existence, Power Bestowal, Self-Sustenance (Types 1, 2, and 3)...

Not gonna be the final draft, but this is what I kinda imagine what Edison will get once he gets his page on here.

Most of this is based on when/if we can get the Cracking source statements about him from Sona Nyl so he has powers from just about everyone/everything that uses Cracking or was made from Cracking. AE is a bit of a gamble cuz I'm assuming this based on him being the embodiment of Steampunk's Space-Time...IDK if that's a thing for AE or just Non-Corporeal or whatever. Probably AE thing.

IDEK how Hilde's gaze thing would look like under all that but seeing that it includes "freezing" time and space along with mind and matter, I take it to just putting that under space-time manip along with a whole bunch of stuff he could potentially get off with that alone.

If he is all of space-time in a literal sense and isn't a physical being that would be both abstract existence type 1 and non corporeal.

I am real iffy on any mention of Hilde being on the profiles, even currently on GK's profile, cause it isn't translated, all we have is people's words to go on, not that i am doubting them just that if someone asks to show evidence of it, we can't do that.

Like M and his Jet Black. Got it.

Mmmm.

I actually went around Valusia's Webnovel last night cuz I saw some mention about the Sekime mentioned as running off of the Watch/Time Man (ruby text for it says Tick Tock Man, so clearly Edison), so that's clear evidence that Sekime, combined with something being made(?) using a special formula (most definitely Cracking) means it does run off of Edison's power...the only problem? It just mentions a Sekime could run off the power of Edison, not anything else related to Cracking as a whole so we really need Sona Nyl if they have statements surrounding that.

Other than that, and being a bit peeved at myself for looking at something that takes place after a work we're not able to read (Valusia), it has a reading setup that's just like Sekien no Inganock's WN.

It also confirms a bunch of stuff I may or may have not mentioned yet that I found that, being this is from Valusia's official website, helps validate some of the theysays. Which are, for what I can roughly make out with gaggle atm:

• Golden King being the Society's Acting Leader
  • Golden King and Thoth are said to have once fought each other
  • Thoth, once again, has three bodies, with one of them being named as "Azathoth-Thoth-Hermes" while the other two are named as "Althotas Thoth Hermes"
    • Thoth, much like several big names like Edison and GK, has multiple names of his own. Those being "The reckless king who abandoned his title and glory", "Cagliostro Saint-Germain", "Laudatores of Radiance", "GEOMETRY" (all caps and in ENG), and "Superman".
  • The Azathoth body of Thoth, around the time of the WN of Valusia or maybe even before that, is with Edison in the Underground NY. Taking the form of a laughing moon.
  • Kadath's moon is a gigantic moon and the WN outright says Azathoth in () next to it.
Edison
The laughing moon next to Edison is one of Thoth's body, Casper.

Pretty much stuff we knew before, that said the fact Thoth fought Golden King and as a result GK became his subordinate, speaks to Thoth's power. Though this was probably before Gahkthun and him as the bell maturing.

So we have some idea how powerful he is, along with him having 3 bodies, but besides from that, he is a mystery.

It would have to be, yes. There was mention about something...40 years or whatever that the Valusia WN noted which I believe is when GK took up the Acting Lead role. The fighting part would have to be WAY before that though, I would believe.

µÿƒÕëúÒÇéµÿƒÒü¿ÕÉîÒüÿÕÉìÒéƵ£ëÒüÖÒéïÒüØÒéîÒü»《µÖéÚûôõ║║Úûô´╝êÒâüÒé»Òé┐Òé»Òâ×Òâ│)》Òü«ÕèøÒüòÒüêÒéÆÒééÕê®þö¿ÒüùÒüªÞáóÒüŵêæÒéëÞÁ½þ£╝Òü«ÞÇàÒéƵ╗àÒü╝ÒüùÕ¥ùÒéïµò░Õ░æÒü¬ÒüäÕêâÒÇéõ║ïÕ«ƒÒü¿ÒüùÒüªÒÇü´╝æÕ╣┤Òü╗Òü®ÕëìÒü½Òü»ÒÇüþáéµ╝áÒü«Õ£░ÒüºµêæÒüîÕÉîÞâ×ÒéÀÒâúÒâ½Òâ½Òâ╗Òâ┤ÒéúÒé»ÒâêÒâ╝Òâ½Òâ╗Òâ½Òé»Òâ¼Òâ╝Òâ½ÒéÆõ©ÇÕ║ªÒü»µûâÒüùÒüïÒüæÒüƒÒÇé

^Btw, this is the line right here that says Sekime is powered by Tick Tock Man. The funny thing about this is that there's actually a star sword mentioned here that states it to be one of few blades that destroy Sekime even if it's drawing off of TTM's power lol. It's called the Star Sword of Tishtorya or some sort.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back