• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Steampunk ~What a Beautiful Discussion Thread~ 4

Status
Not open for further replies.
That it is, and good thing it came about. And it also wouldn't have happened too if not for Neon and her particular connection to Tesla as well.

I also kinda thought Golden King is, and I've had this thought for a VERY long time, is dumb AF. For the sense that...if it was his, or possibly the Society's, plan to get rid of Tesla and he knew, for however he managed to even got that info of his reliance, he could have just really killed them all including Neon when she got back. This also would have worked too if this happened when he got owned r****ed by Edison and thrown in his Time Prison where he's cut off from the world. That combination would have surely made him disappear if not hinder him enough to just wipe out anyone else that could res him. The council members, the student body (which also includes the council but speaking generally), even those engine humans like Machina and K (according to Gahkthun's official blog info about them) could just get wiped out and then the WIC could just go on about their business with Tesla out of the picture.

I get the reason WHY he let Neon live, I just thought of it as yet another big PIS moment of how dumb the evil person did that ends up biting them in the ass years after the fact.

Anywho

Of that we have on hand including Karsheel? Gahkthun is top of the list and that might also help it out more with the Novel Anthology I'll be working on overtime into next year, then there's Karsheel, Inganock and finally Sharnoth.

This ofc includes the WN's for the last two as well and ofc until Sona Nyl comes out and see how it really compares to the rest.

What do you mean when Neon got back? You meant at the beginning? Tesla destroyed the Bell (GK) at the beginning, which took a while to regen not to mention, the Bell needed to mature for GK to be at his most powerful.

To me he seemed very meticulous about it, he wanted to be at his absolute strongest, and made sure to gathered everyone connected to Tesla on a single island so there was absolutely no chance of him coming back.

I meant rankings in terms of VN. I do agree Gahkthun is the most enjoyable and tight ended as in every plot thread is resolved, Inganock wasn't, like how you had to read the WN to find out what happened to Ati.

Haven't really thought of my thoughts on Karhseel in terms of rankings, cause it's a novel, it's sort of it's own thing, not really a direct comparison, VN's have music and voice acting, only comparison would be on the merits of the characters and story i guess.

I mean the ending or whatever. I guess I worded it wrong. Basically what I mean is that when she finally remembered Tesla and their early meeting or whatever at the end and how she goes on to find him while having the entire student body guide her towards him.

Guess that is also a point there. But even then, he didn't outright managed to kill Tesla instantly. He DID managed to kill him, if for a short while, but it wasn't an insta win considering the only thing that really maimed him was his Hand slaps and he needed to use a whole bunch to start really maiming Tesla's existence. The atomization was there but I consider the hands to be the ones really doing the damage.

Ah right. In that case, it's Gahkthun then Inganock and finally Sharnoth. Inganock, I agree cuz you have to REALLY read the WN to even get some extra content. Though really it just seems like most of it were towards Ati, but the Tales section and post story chapters. I think two of the Inganock tales did have Ati at the center so there was that. Sharnoth's just lol hard to remember anything noteworthy in all honesty XD. It's there, but it doesn't leave as much of an impact as Gahkthun and even Inganock left for me on.

Point on the Karsheel thing. If it was a VN, it'd be way different but then you have the actual audio to hear and know how depressing the setting is lol.

He was out of his Ultharathotep form, and Mathers stopped him when he was going to nuke the Island, to me rather than being dumb or PIS, GK just kept been interrupted from completing his plan.

Is GK dumb or is Tesla just absurd? Think about it, even after all that planning and powering up, basically a half dead Tesla put up a fight against GK, he clearly didn't understand just how powerful Tesla was even when weakened, though in the end he did kill him, all that was left was destroying the island but he got interrupted.

This is what i was talking about before in terms of Gahkthun and Sharnoth's story telling, Sharnoth dragged on for too long without telling anything about what's going on and the fights weren't enjoyable, cause it's not even a fight, Mary runs around, M shows up and eats the Metacritter, while Gahkthun the fights are enjoyable and the climax is amazing.

Inganock had my interest the entire time.

Another true point. Although to me, I also interpreted as him having used up all his energy from fighting Tesla since I think Ulthrathotep was used for when Tesla is still alive and not killed early on by any of the council members which he did.

Think both are as equally absurd az the other.

Oh yeah, big time. Inganock actually would have fallen into that as well had it not include stuff like Gii needing an upgrade to fight Petrova (plus Kerkan shiiting his pants at the idea of trying to fight such a thing), Gii having an actual match with Kerkan with their upgraded Kikai and GG noping Gii at the end.

Sona Nyl seems like it'll have that part as well from Inganock but as we've yet to get it, and I only see this from a brief glance at the Chinese ver of Sona Nyl, it's hard to say to what extent.

The thing with Inganock too is we got info on what's going on throughout the story, about important stuff like Cracking, about Critters etc, so we were learning stuff along with the fights.

Sharnoth, there was a repeat of the same sequence of events over and over, yea we learned about new characters but not much of anything about the overall plot till far into it.

Anyway, for me in terms of enjoyment/entertainment i like Gahkthun the most, in terms of story, i like Inganock the most.

Guess we can do the crt later, what was it again downgrading Tesla, self-sustenance for critters and what else?

Ah, right right that too. And they're also important concepts considering they get repeated in future works after it. Sona Nyl, Gahkthun, I assume Valusia. Karsheel but only just on the light part. That canon joke story on Sakraui's blog site (on the Cracking part again).

Yeah... That's another weak point of Sharnoth. It's not just the characters we only really get to know about, but also the fact that we don't get to know much about things like the Old Ones or M's equation. Like you only know that in places from Inganock (I think? I forgot), Valusia, and Gahkthun on the Thunderbird. Sharnoth does Dagon but you only get to know about it through its WN. I also seem to recall looking up on the Old Ones appearing in Celeneria but I can't confirm how many appear in there cuz y'know, no translation and whatnot.

I can agree with that there.

Just whenever you're in the mood for it. There was that of Tesla, self-sustenance for Critters as well as adding resistance/immunity to mind and life manipulation.

Maybe soul could also be adjusted to immunity perhaps? Cuz the whole "not being alive, only resemble it" seems like they also just don't have souls since their origin point was being toys that are brought to life by Cracking.

Oh and there's the thing regarding Grimm=Grimm's nature that needs to be addressed. That thing has got people confused about it being non-coporeal yet having the "should have greater existence than possibilities" part.

Now that Tesla is High 6-B, wanted to do a match with Superman, Man of Steel vs Man of Steel, but Tesla is a little too broken for that, sad.

Yea like Critters, on top of being possibilities, they have passive mind + fear hax.

Guessing you no longer want to do Kyrie vs The Terminator.

And death + space hax.

Forgot that + working on the Anthology, if slow atm lol.

I actually want to do a Mechanical Dead thread where a 9-B or Tier 9 in general has to go through the same opponents as Kyrie and Gene had encountered. Or at least something like Diane with no buzzsaw arms vs a robot like Atom (Real Steel) or something.

Speaking of Karsheel related, I really should have paid attention to the furigana's at the time. I saw ÒâüÒé»Òé┐Òé»Òâ×Òâ│ put above µ®ƒµó░õ╗òµÄøÒüæÒü«þÑ× which roughly means "God of Machines" or "Machine/Mechanical God"...ÒâüÒé»Òé┐Òé»Òâ×Òâ│ is katakana for Tick Tock Man, aka Moon King or publicly Lord Edison XD

There's actually a lot of furigana that I give zero F's at first until I look at it. Like Jo's "Secret Weapon" has it as "Weapon X", Berta's "Silver Sword" as "Silver Samurai", Walther's "Silver Shoes" as "Quicksilver", Nightingale's old name as simply storm or Wilhelm's "Tactician" as "Gambit". Sakurai must have read into X Men to have characters literally from X Men into her Steampunk series lol

I also learned from Shining Night's official website that there IS a drama CD called the Shining League, and it really has Tesla, Shadam Coco (or whatever TF her name is from katakana), Fairbanks, Antoine (that one kid I told ya about earlier with some power that allows him to wipe out a "huck of Nyar's avatar", whatever TF that means), and surprisingly Walther as the...well Shining League which I take it as the Steampunk universe's version of the Justice League.

Tier 9 is a wide tier and you need hax to face Mechanical Dead, cause they lol nope physical attacks, i was trying to find a fair match for them, couldn't bother going through tier 9.

So confirmation Edison is involved, though it was obvious with the clocks. Tick Tock Man and Mechanical God being the same is cool.

So we have Lovecraftian references and X Men? Lol

So in this Shining League Walther would be their Flash, and Tesla is literally the man of style so he is Superman.

Yeah...

He's pretty much involved throughout all of the book. Even the above text I showed was from chp3 so seems like he had the whole Mechanical Dead thing in advanced once he dropped the Pillars.

Lovecraft, X Men, Justice League, Steampunk, Fairy Tales...what else does this series will have next lol?

Yup. The summary text lists him as a "man in red suit" and literally names him as 《ÚûâÕàë》 or Flash. Guess this helps us confirm what that "other rumored name" of his is from his character intro. I literally knew it was him after gaggle (goggle) TL'd his dialogue about him commenting on speed and I was like "that's Walther alright" lol

By Batman you also mean their "Badass Normal" right? Probably Augustine Dupin but I can't say much about her atm other than that she seems to also have history with Tesla and is also the SL's "brains" of the group if her Atwiki page is to be taken with. Maybe the smart side of the Detective I would say.

For the badass normal part, definitely Douglas. Well sorta. He doesn't call himself as Batman at all, rather "Z" which is short of Zorro as in the mask hero. Fun fact is that the actual Fairbanks played Zorro and real life, and supposedly one of Batman's creators said that Zorro was the inspiration for the Batman character. So Fairbanks is the clostest we got to a Batman minus the thing of fighting a Critter (and apparently Tesla).

The Shining League would have been good to have against Chutulu though not really since they aren't up to that level, i mean can any of them even give Tesla a challenge? Do they show up in Shining Night or is this after?

Cat Lady, zero info on her abilities (yet). Antoine/Star Prince, probably not outside of his weird power thing. Walther, we all know how that went... And Douglas, he probably had some chance when he met Tesla during the What a Shining League storyline but that was most likely when he was fragile (his existence, I mean). So Tesla's like legit the Superman of their group with no one able to really give him a challenge outside of maybe Ulthrathotep GK at his top best and Wrath King.

As for if they showed up in Shining Night or not? It's hard to say but I would be sure that they are around. Cat Lady/Shadam Coco (whatever the first name is...) has a CG image of her meeting with Tesla and Walther's (and presumably Douglas and Antoine/Star Prince but I haven't seen one of them on screen so assume they're there but offscreen). And she makes an appearance in Sakurai's anthology chapter of Dragon of Deception (reminder, that is also the chapter that introduces the unique Metacritter there, that later shows up in some form in Shining Night, and what is perhaps Steampunks equivalent to the internet). If they did show up in some form, I would say the best assumption is them having helped the council members + Wilhelm fighting off Cthulhu's Bane of Fury's.

Main thing that's important to know is the Drama CD of "Shining League", Shining Night and Dragon of Deception all take place in April of 1909, so it's at least post-Gahkthun iirc of when Gahkthun's VN story "ended".

Even Superman has ppl who can somewhat match him on the League, Tesla though apparently not.

Walther doesn't even have any broken hax like the Flash to compensate, and his speed isn't anything impressived but even if it was, Tesla has infinite reaction speed, lol Tesla is too much.

Different settings, yes lol

I think Walther being able to speed anything up (and people but that's shown in Shining Night...sigh...) is something the Flash could do but yes, he doesn;t have anything else lol.

They have a really weird team setup according to the Drama CD summary. Walther/Flash is the speedster that runs across the city, Antoine has the skies covered, Cat Lady/Coco got the alleyways, Z/Fairbanks...guess he travels around also like the rest but Batman/Zorro style. And then you got Tesla whose just Tesla. Augustine is their groups tactician, which says a lot in regards with Tesla in their group.

Walther's entire thing is speed yet he is the slowest in the council, it's quite sad, though he is indeed the fastest in terms of travel speed, he falls far short in terms of combat speed.

The League sounds very interesting.

I mean generally the verse seems pretty consistent at going Subsonic to Supersonic...then you have BS like Tesla who can go light speed and shoot actual lightning bolts, or shit like Ulthrathotep and Wrath King's B**** slaps going beyond space-time to hit you instantly. There's also M and Edison at Immeasurable or Omnipresence but that's their own league of power there lol.

It is. There's a passage in the summary that states that if the council protects the city and its students in the light, the Shining League (of Vigilante students) protects them in the night. Or as I mentioned earlier with their furigana text, you got X Men at day, Justice League-ish at night lol

LOL. Was just on Twitter now and someone actually tweeted about the Karsheel novel I translated (if really roughly so) cuz they happened to found it on our thread here lol.

IDK if I should feel proud or nervous about it xD

All I saw when I was randomly browsing there on JAP titles of WAB like Vulthoom and Karsheel (there's legit people who still tweet about Sakurai's works/future projects but in Japanese) and I saw someone tweet saying "Holy s*** did someone actually try to translate þü░þç╝Òü«Òé½Òâ½ÒéÀÒéºÒâ╝Òâ½" and then there's a followup to that tweet from the same person with a screenshot of my chapter one document.

DK if I would get the same reaction when doing the Novel Anthology. I'd probably get more of that if I had more novels of WAB to work with but 2 is all I can get here ^^;

You're not even a translator with a website for translation, they found out about it on vsbattles of all places lol.

Their comment with the screenshot has the words, and I quote "******g vsbattles" lol

I'm too stupid to even make a website for it (maybe Wordpress though...idk) but the fact they went on here just to see it is funny lol.

Do we ever get the story of Tesla confronting Edison anywhere? Obviously fighting against evil lead Tesla to the Big Evil God himself and upon finding him he got lol sealed in the time prison.

But just wondering if we get the full story in a flashback or something, obviously not in Shining Braves VN.

The only time we ever get into it is them meeting each other in Hungary in what's been referenced in Gahkthun and the Rough Guide timeline of the "Stregoivaver Tower Incident" in Sona Nyl's Webnovel.

If I have time later I might do rough TL's of some of the major things that happen in it but the basic part about its events were Tesla and Edison talking to one another and Tesla trying to stop Edison by using all of his lightning powers onto him.

Edison didn't really do anything and it cuts off from what I think is either him or Tesla speaking but going off what happened to my knowledge, the most Tesla could have gotten was blowing up that tower they were on and Edison just insta-punking him and stuffing him away in a Time Prison where he would have probably withered away (on top of Gahkthun not happening in turn?) had Lily not arrived to him in her dream walking journey and breaking him out with her Rose Witch powers.

Rose Witch of Gold
This img here is actually Lily (Rose Witch form) talking to Tesla and renewing his resolve and freeing him.

Wonder what evil plot Edison had for Hungary.

Lily looks pretty Godly there. Wonder what is she doing after Sona-Nyl besides rescuing Tesla, is she on sort sort of journey to defeat Edison or doing her own thing.

Same.

After whatever happens in Sona Nyl, she travels in a flying subway with A. Don't think it's related to defeating Edison but that would cool.

Petrovna can't die by Gii's flame, said flame destroys information, so that's resistance to info manipulation.

Critters destroy ppl's cranial nerves, that's biological manipulation, and Kikai resist that, so resistance to biological manipulation.

Oh yeah, I remember that kek. Makes sense.

Ah another.

Also making this while taking care of other stuff I hope to make around this coming year. Considering I'm more likely best suited for more easier stuff (thinks like Wrath King or Edison is beyond my making anyways lol), I figure I do this just for the hell of it and for any more potential profiles.

Was gonna do it as one for the Novel Anthology but thought up of two more to add. IDK much about the Upper Tier Soldiers but I figure they ain't that harmful to add even if they're practically fodder. Gene (Wick), on the other hand, is too much to not pass up lol. Douglas, and any other profiles like Cat Lady, Antoine, and especially that Metacritter though? Next year for sure they'll come around.

You bought Kaijin and Gahkthun's Anthology, only fair you make the profiles, i will just point out stuff i think needs fixed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back