• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stars of Cinder • RP Thread (ON HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

As Elis was about to walk out with Olorin in hand, she felt her foot collide with a piece of cold, hard metal, causing her to pause as she looked down.

"Huh..." She muttered, looking down at the object... It looked like the waiter from before had somehow left it behind, given it was in the exact same place they previously stood.

After a few minutes, the baked chickens were ready, their smell smelled better now, Rex took out some of the spice he had and put it on both of them.

both he and Brownie sat in a part of the street where they would not bother anyone, the smell of these chickens was strong enough that any being who smelled it would think that they (the baked chicken) were from another world, although technically yes, they were from another world heating up with a pseudo Infinite heat force, now Brownie ate two chickens on the completely dry ground without any snow because it released a little heat to raise the temperature to 10 degrees, enough to melt and get rid of the ice of this planet

Time.

So, so much time.

How long had it been, since she'd started swinging her sword? How long had it been? She couldn't remember. Her mind was being drowned in endless amounts of time, losing her sense of reality around her. All she could feel, all she could hear, or see, was herself, in a pitch black void, constantly swinging her sword. Countless puddles of sweat, puke, and blood had been formed on the ground around her, the child able to feel each and every bone in her body screaming with agony.

She was dehydrated, she was hungry, she was cold, she was in unfathomable amounts of visceral, blood-curdling agony. But she couldn't stop, no, she wouldn't stop.

"I have to get stronger..." Seraphina thought to herself, feeling her lungs nearly explode, her asthma making this level of training extremely dangerous.

"I need to get stronger..." She thought once more, feeling her movements slow down. "I have to... I need to... I won't... abandon anybody...!!"

Her movements continued to slow down, until the girl felt as if her entire body was one large lump of lead. She continued moving to the best of her ability, her shouts radiating throughout the ship, her grunts echoing throughout the room and making the ground rumble. But... She couldn't keep this up. Seraphina, against her will, fell to the ground, her body reaching it's biological limit. Had she continued, certainly, she would've killed herself.

"Why..." She muttered, "Why isn't anything changing..."

Her training was not making her any stronger.

"Ugh..." Not as strong as she needed to be, anyway.

Seraphina was without a doubt strong, in comparison to normal humans, anyway. The girl's body had been violently tempered throughout several months without end, developing muscles that went far beyond her stature. Her body was strong, akin to steel, able to overpower even grown men with but a flick of her wrist. And yet... it wasn't enough. She'd seen the Stars of Cinder fight. Each and every one of them was superhuman, in a way she could scarcely comprehend. She wasn't even close to a level where she could even be considered a minor threat to anybody in the crew.

And she needed that strength. The strength to overpower her enemies, the ability to crush them.

"I need to... get... revenge..." Seraphina crawled desperately, feeling her blood vessels swell as she tried to pick up her sword. But as she reached for the item, she could only fall to the floor helplessly, unable to physically continue, her body forcefully shutting itself down to avoid death.

"Please..." Seraphina muttered, "Let me... keep... training... I need to..."

Her body did not listen to her.

"Let me... please....!!"

She could not move.

"Please... please... please... Please..."

Seraphina could not breath.

"...Mom...my... dad..d...y..."

Her consciousness was fading.

"Please.... sa...v...e... m...."

Seraphina passed out, falling limp onto the ground in a puddle of her own blood, sweat, tears, and puke.

"Sera! Sera! Seraphina!!!"

"Where are you, honey!? We're sorry!"

Seraphina could vividly remember the shouts of her mother and father, many, many years ago. So long ago, she could barely remember it. Maybe she was 5 at the time? Or was it 7? It didn't matter. All she could remember was that one day that she'd run away from home in a fit of anger for a reason she could barely remember. All she could remember, is that...

...She stopped being able to here her parent's voices after a while.

She vividly remembered the surprise she felt at the time. Why had they stopped calling for her? She'd expected them to keep searching for her, to keep shouting her name. Seraphina remembered being abundantly confused at the time.

And then she remembered something else.

That on that day, it was the day her mother and father died.

Seraphina only found out several days later when she'd been taken into an orphanage, but, while searching for her, her parents were met by a mugger, who threatened them for their belongings. In their panic to find Seraphina, they failed to comply with the deviant's orders, and he shot both of them in the chest with a muzzled pistol, stealing their belongings off of their bleeding bodies. Their bodies were not discovered for several days.

Seraphina had always wondered.

What caused her to run away that day? What was the argument? Why was she so immature, why did she leave them to die?

No matter how much she wanted to ignore, she couldn't. She'd always hated herself for it, even if she couldn't remember. She still did.

....After that, Seraphina remembered not fitting in well with the other kids at her orphanage, hell, she didn't even fit in with the adults. Seraphina always had breathing issues ever since she was a child, and the orphanage couldn't afford the medication that her parents always bought for her. Her condition got worse as time went on, the girl relying solely on her inhaler to keep going.

Seraphina remembered being bullied severely when she was younger. She was never able to play any of the games the other kids played because of her asthma, and as such, she was forced to stay away, alone from everybody else. She isolated herself everyday, building a certain image of her in the eyes of the other children. They would insult her, jeer at her, hit her.

They always found a way to mention it.

How she had killed her mommy and daddy.

How she was a monster.

The adults didn't take kindly to Seraphina's presence. In her orphanage, you had to work if you wanted to eat or drink. The place was poor, so, most of the kids needed to get jobs to pay for food and other necessities. Seraphina was to young to work due to Neptunia's laws, and she couldn't do any intensive labor or work long hours, as such, she was always treated with contempt by the adults. She'd gone several days and nights without food or water, sometimes.

They always found a way to mention it.

How she was a burden.

To get by, Seraphina had to steal money from others. Every night she'd sneak out of the orphanage without making a sound, and she'd go into he streets, the alleyways, and pickpocket. Luckily for her, Seraphina was born with an extreme natural aptitude for stealth. Not even veteran soldiers and guards with keen instincts and enhanced senses ever noticed the girl's movements, allowing her to gain a steady flow of income for food and water. It wasn't much, but, it was enough to keep her alive.

She always found a way to mention it to herself.

How she was a rat.

Seraphina fit in nowhere in Neptunia. She had no family. No friends. No home to call her own, no education, nothing. She couldn't work, and she was picked on by everyone around her. She hated everything, everyone, wanted them all to disappear, and yet... She didn't run away again. Didn't make her life even harder.

Because even if it was a hard life, it was HER life. A life that she had lived. She had a roof over her head, she had food, water, money, a bed to sleep on, a TV to entertain herself, she had a life. Sure, it wasn't the best. It was hard, agonizing, painful every moment of everyday. But... It was her life. She lived it, and she grew up living this way.

...But then they came. The calamities, to her orphanage. Captured her. Captured the children, the adults, everybody. Locked them up, planning to use them as food. She remembered being more terrified than she had ever been in her sad, miserable life. She didn't want to die. She didn't care if she was picked on, or hungry, or dehydrated, she just... wanted to live. And she cried. She cried so, so much, more than anybody who was locked up with her. She'd nearly dehydrated herself to death with all the crying she did, unable to contain the crippling fear within her body. She wanted to live. She wanted to live.

But now...

What was the point in living anymore?

Seraphina had nothing.

Her mother and father, dead.

Her entire planet, everything she knew, and lived with, destroyed.

Her hands, broken. Her arms, broken. Her knees and legs, shattered. Her chest, ruptured, bleeding. Her eyes, tight, veiny and swelling. Her mind, slipping.

"Mommy... daddy... Please..."

She wanted her mother and father. Wanted them desperately to hold her, to embrace her and let her cry into their arms. She wanted to apologize to them, every, single day. She wanted to apologize so much that she wanted to simply scream it out until her vocal chords snapped. She wanted to feel the warmth of their embrace, their kind, touching words that made her feel like she was the happiest girl in the world. She wanted to hear them say it to her, she'd give anything to hear them say the words again...

...We love you, Seraphina.

...We love you.

"Mama... Hk.. Hnn..."

But it didn't matter now.

She was nothing.

Nothing she did mattered.

Seraphina has nothing.
"Yeah..." Olorin murmured, clinging to Elis while Kentoria slipped behind them, taking the rear guard
Eventually, Elis and Olorin reached the ship, Elis motioning for Olorin to give her the weird object.

Roxanne was being lost in her thoughts for a few moments, before snapping back to reality, finishing the drink in one last sip and leaving her payment on table as she got out

"Back to the usual work"

She takes her gun out and loads all her 9 empty slots in it before putting it back and moving with her own job to get the bounty

After an hour, Rex and Brownie returned to the main ship, they had been enjoying the planet, playing on the way, now they were both heading to see where Seraphina is, they had a bucket of Ice Cream, it was hard to find one that wasn't just snow dirty or something strange in this world

Olorin did as asked, her worry for Elis clear
After a few minutes, Elis breathed out, a bead of sweat running down her face.

"It... definitely is some kind of cursed object. We should... gather the group, I think I know what's going on here."
After an hour, Rex and Brownie returned to the main ship, they had been enjoying the planet, playing on the way, now they were both heading to see where Seraphina is, they had a bucket of Ice Cream, it was hard to find one that wasn't just snow dirty or something strange in this world
Seraphina was still in one of the training rooms, passed out, the girl long since been on the verge of death. She'd broken a severe amount of her bones, and was losing blood at an alarming rate from her suicidal training. Her lungs had ruptured violently, the girl's breathing issues not taking kindle to such heavy exercise as she writhed on the ground, only a few moments away from a slow, painful death. With the tiniest breaths the girl could muster, she whispered to herself in her unconscious state, tears flowing from her eyes and mixing with the puddles of blood and puke that covered the floor.

"Mama... papa..." She whispered to herself, unconsciously curling up as best she could.

After a few minutes, Elis breathed out, a bead of sweat running down her face.

"It... definitely is some kind of cursed object. We should... gather the group, I think I know what's going on here."

Seraphina was still in one of the training rooms, passed out, the girl long since been on the verge of death. She'd broken a severe amount of her bones, and was losing blood at an alarming rate from her suicidal training. Her lungs had ruptured violently, the girl's breathing issues not taking kindle to such heavy exercise as she writhed on the ground, only a few moments away from a slow, painful death. With the tiniest breaths the girl could muster, she whispered to herself in her unconscious state, tears flowing from her eyes and mixing with the puddles of blood and puke that covered the floor.

"Mama... papa..." She whispered to herself, unconsciously curling up as best she could.
"Alright..." Olorin murmured, clearly wanting to know what it was exactly but a little scared to ask

"Dou, Seraphina!" Rex yelled as he put the ice cream aside as he quickly went to tend to her wounds, he drew energy from the silver inside him, of what little he had, this would not heal her but it would buy her time, he quickly took her to the medical zone, where he began to use each of the right tools and medicines, his body moved on its own as if he had done this thousands of times before... it felt strange since he didn't remember studying unless... his eyes slightly narrowed. Clearly he was recovering the memories and the proper muscle memory in this situation, he stopped the bleeding, put on an oxygen mask to improve breathing capacity and began to give blood to Seraphina, he hoped that she would stabilize.

he hoped that his own blood would give Seraphina the ability to recuperate

"Alright..." Olorin murmured, clearly wanting to know what it was exactly but a little scared to ask
Elis led Olorin to the main dock of the ship, holding the item telekinetically. She snapped her fingers, sending an electromagnetic pulse across the ship, alerting the group that they needed to gather.
"Dou, Seraphina!" Rex yelled as he put the ice cream aside as he quickly went to tend to her wounds, he drew energy from the silver inside him, of what little he had, this would not heal her but it would buy her time, he quickly took her to the medical zone, where he began to use each of the right tools and medicines, his body moved on its own as if he had done this thousands of times before... it felt strange since he didn't remember studying unless... his eyes slightly narrowed. Clearly he was recovering the memories and the proper muscle memory in this situation, he stopped the bleeding, put on an oxygen mask to improve breathing capacity and began to give blood to Seraphina, he hoped that she would stabilize.

he hoped that his own blood would give Seraphina the ability to recuperate
Seraphina was stabilizing slowly but surely, her eyes squinting open as she writhed in immense agony.

"R...... . ... e... ... .. .x...?" She called out quietly, barely above a whisper.

Relama was training, trying to make himself physically stronger naturally, but he couldn't do it, his body just adapted to it all instead of getting stronger, he was just about ready to shout in frustration when he got the message from Elis, and practically sprinted to her, his frustration visible as he and Olorin met gazes, the he was happy to see her up and running but the fear in her eyes said this was definitely serious

Talandar was there pretty quickly, so was Kentoria who hadn't done anything too big

Skarr was in his quarters just thinking, thinking about the future, eventually he got up and walked out just as the call to go came, making his way to Elis right then and there

Seraphina was stabilizing slowly but surely, her eyes squinting open as she writhed in immense agony.

"R...... . ... e... ... .. .x...?" She called out quietly, barely above a whisper.
"Everything is fine, if it wasn't be for Brownie wanting to see you, you probably would have bled to death" he said with a slight smile, his face and body relaxed when he saw that she was alive.

(Will wait on everyone to gather before continuing, for now, continuing the Sera and Rex interaction.)
"Everything is fine, if it wasn't be for Brownie wanting to see you, you probably would have bled to death" he said with a slight smile, his face and body relaxed when he saw that she was alive.
"....."

"Wh...y . ..did... y...ou... save... m... me...?" She asked, struggling to get the words out.

"Wh...y . ..did... y...ou... save... m... me...?" She asked, struggling to get the words out.
"Well, because you didn't deserve to die, you don't deserve to be there, lying on the hard and cold training ground, I can't see how the life of someone brave said goodbye like that, I know what you're going through... I really don't want you to die" He said sincerely while looking at her.

"Well, because you didn't deserve to die, you don't deserve to be there, lying on the hard and cold training ground, I can't see how the life of someone brave said goodbye like that, I know what you're going through... I really don't want you to die" He said sincerely while looking at her.
"You... sh... shou...ld've... let me... d-die..." Seraphina muttered, tears running down her face as she trembled, unable to maintain a stable voice.

"I... have nothing... left. Everything... I-I... kn-know a-and... l-love.. e-everything... Is... g-gone..." She muttered, her tears beginning to increase in volume, the girl beginning to curl up.

"I... h-have... n-nothing...!"

"You... sh... shou...ld've... let me... d-die..." Seraphina muttered, tears running down her face as she trembled, unable to maintain a stable voice.

"I... have nothing... left. Everything... I-I... kn-know a-and... l-love.. e-everything... Is... g-gone..." She muttered, her tears beginning to increase in volume, the girl beginning to curl up.

"I... h-have... n-nothing...!"
"Since I escaped from the Calamities' Planet Prison... I ended up losing everything, every trace of me was erased, my own world destroyed to the point where my very memories were torn away, that is the weakness of every living being, those that we love, they can go at any time, but that doesn't mean we have to let those values that were instilled in us die, even if you have nothing, as long as your heart beats, you can get something that maybe can't replace the lost but will heal the pain that that left." Rex said as he looked at the girl with a depressed face that he tried to decorate with a smile.

"...Do you want to end up being the last trace of your family, of your world, be just nothing? Or will you at least try to do something that could have made those people who are no longer proud?"

"......you can say that... b-but... I... I don't..." Seraphina breathed out, going limp.

"I don't know... how I'm going to keep living..."
"You're not the first person who said that, I know it seems impossible, but you have to think about more than just your death and what you see, for every bad thing that happens there is still an option, you just have to wait" Rex said at this point, he wanted to give her a comforting hug but he knew that in her current state, Seraphina would find it uncomfortable and mainly painful.

"...What... option...? I have no options, Rex..." Seraphina muttered, "No family... no friends... no home... nothing to my name... I have no options, and nowhere to go... I can't even get revenge, because... I'm..."

"I'm to weak..."
Rex closed his eyes and then opened it, gathering the right words for this.

"....Seraphina....I know you would like to go back, to your normal life....where the only concern one might have was that it would be the meal of the day in the sense of not knowing what to want, but no being can control the events that happen... no one is born with the strength to destroy walls and move mountains, I know you can never replace your parents and your dead friends, but I will be here for you, Brownie too, to a lesser extent the others will be here with you, in a way a family of people whose loved ones were taken from them, but if you don't want to live...if that's what your heart really desires."

"But remember... power is not something that is achieved lightly, it is earned with effort and sacrifice, where time will show you the strength that is within you... do not let your desire for revenge consume you in a path of self-destruction" said Rex

Seraphina said nothing, her eyes closing. Her breath steadied slowly, the girl's composure regaining itself, even if for a moment...

...Silently, she got up, her legs trembling as she moved. Her breathing became more erratic, the girl barely able to stand properly, but... she could move on her own, at least for now.

"...Thank you, Rex." She muttered, "I'm... going back to my room..."

Charlotte sat inside her room, her fingers slowly moving through the air. Space...was fluid to her now, almost akin to some kind of invisible liquid, ever present on her flesh. The room itself already bore marks of her experimentation; its geometry, warped, stretched, and compressed. From an outsider observer, it would look as if it had been put through the lens of a funhouse mirror; the proportion's exaggerated as the space around them was altered.

"...." Charlotte said nothing, barely even breathing as she worked. Normally, she would have taken out a cigarette, her body craving the sweet release of nicotine. But she had long since exhausted her supply.

"....hah..." She breathed out, slowly shaking her head. Gingerly, Charlotte formed a fist, launching a quick, powerful strike in front of her. She observed the strike's force as it traveled, noting how the kinetic energy interacted with the space around it. Slowly, the woman threw another punch, intently watching the energy behind the blow as it traveled. This time however....she condensed it, narrowing the 'space' her physical force took up, effectively condensing the energy into a much smaller radius. She did this several more times, expanding and contracting the power within her blows with her newfound manipulation of space.

This experimentation wasn't to grow stronger, it wasn't to improve her skills, or develop any new techniques. She wanted a distraction, something to take away her thoughts, to occupy her brain. Anything to remove the image that had permanently burned itself into her memory. She continued this ritual for several long moments, before she sensed a powerful electromagnetic pulse erupt from within the ship, the electronic particles dancing within her Spatial Awareness. For a brief moment…her body trembled, the woman taking a shaky breath. She already knew what it was signaling…and who sent it.

“…Elis…” Charlotte muttered, the first word she had said in what seemed like hours. She said nothing for a moment, before slowly breathing out, a wave of apathy washing away the brief burst of emotion within her chest.

"...Guess we've got another job..." She muttered to herself. In the end, it didn't matter what her personal feelings were; she was hired to be on this ship and intended to work. She smoothed her dirty, soiled suit, retying her tie, before slowly beginning to walk outside her room, space returning to normalcy as she left.

Back