• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stars of Cinder • RP Thread (ON HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

"Thank you." Talandar said, walking to the ship with Olorin making a questioning murmur quietly, moving to put her into Elis's room to make her accessible, instinctively knocking on the door first before realizing that Elis wasn't even in the room, looking over at her as if asking for permission
Elis sighed, "Yes, you can go in, you idiot..."

"I am an idiot, yes...!" Talandar said, a minor attempt at making a joke as he went in and layed Olorin down before taking off her rad suit, she was extremely incoherent and pale, like she hadn't eaten or drank anything in days, and so Talandar began pacing, his worry for his master clear

Elis breathed out, conjuring a pack of something in her hand. "These are nutritional supplements. Mix them in with a gallon or so of water, and it should keep her alive until we can get her some real food."

Elis, once Talandar had left, simply flicked her rest, a spark of electricity forming for a microsecond between the ship and Olorin's ship, connecting them through her electricity.

Once she'd done that, she pulled out another banana flavored cigarette, lighting it with another spark of electricity and taking a deep drag as she leaned against the wall, standing next to Olorin's unconscious body with a relatively indifferent look in her eye.

Olorin shifted slightly, a light groan coming from her as Talandar found a suitable container and water, which he emptied the nutritional packs Into

Elis gently placed her hand on Olorin's forehead, sighing. Slowly, gentle electromagnetic pulses began to fire throughout Olorin's brain, rejuvenating her cells and easing her discomfort.

Should the substance work as intended, Olorin would feel her body being rejuvenated with several days worth of food and water, nutrients being rapidly pumped throughout her body.

"Shhh... I'm right here, baby... Just rest..." Elis muttered, kneeling down a bit as she removed her hand from Elis's forehead. Her expression was still largely motionless, devoid of life, but the tiniest fragment of relief could be felt within Elis as Olorin was healed.

"Mmmmmmmmmmmmm..." Olorin murmured, finally being in a real slumber, Talandar making a sigh of relief as he gently layed the covers over Olorin's body up to her neck, and turned to Elis "Thank You." Was all he could say, a deep bow from the behemoth of a golem to bring his head lower than Elis's was a physical sign of being thankful too however

"It's no problem..." Elis murmured, taking a deep drag of her cigarette, blowing out a puff of smoke. "Keep her safe while I'm not in here..."

"Of course, and You'll stay safe, right? I still need to spar Timcanpy at some point!" Talandar said, an attempt at being light-hearted to brighten the mood some

Elis glanced at Talandar, "I'll keep that in mind... Bye." She said, before teleporting to the central controls of the ship. Her electricity began to connect with the controls, starting up the ship, making a noise that radiated throughout the entire base, letting those who weren't on the ship know that they needed to hurry the duck up.

(Just gonna assume everyone's on the ship, don't much feel like waiting.)

As the SoC's ship rose into the air, as did Olorin's ship, their controls moving in tandem with each other as the ground beneath rumbling.

Elis breathed out, "Guess this is our second failure..." She thought to herself, gripping her fists tightly. She could no longer be complacent with the way she was, not now, at least... She had to get stronger. Much, much stronger.

(Olorin's ship isn't able to fly lol, it's thrusters were what got damaged mainly on it lol, and You'd need Olorin to properly repair it without the thrusters just giving way and she didnt really get the chance to)

(It said their controls were moving in tandem with eachother, implying Olorin's ship can actually utilize it's thrusters, but clarification makes it not that so lol)

(It was a figure of speech to describe what Elis is doing lol, she's just manually controlling the ship's movements with electromagnetism while also controlling the SoC ship to fly.)

Charlotte sat on her bed as the ship began to move, staring at the floor. She should feel angry, sad, ashamed even, leaving a planet to die like this…in the same way her own world had ended. The same way her sister, her father, everything she’d ever known had been consumed.

And yet…she felt nothing. Her body unwilling to muster any real emotion as the ship began to lift off the ground. She continued to sit there, her Spatial Awareness once again working to wash away her thoughts, the woman letting her senses overtake her mind once more.

Once Kentoria entered the room and walked up to a training dummy, just breathing in and out deeply once before...

"DAMNIT! DAMNIT! DAMNIT! DAMNIT! DAMNIT! DAMNIT! DAMNIT! DAMNIT!" Kentoria shouted, her voice a clenched snarl, but still loud enough to reach across the ship as she took her anger out on the dummy, she'd controlled it for basically the entire time, and now was the tike to get it out, she was striking hard enough to go through the target dummy, and the wall in the process, repeatedly, making loud crashes with each strike, but not effecting the integrity of the ship overall, Kentoria at least having enough self control right now to not do that

Elis focused her electricity as the ships began to move into orbit, the electricity automatically manning the controls for her. It was... weird, in a way, Elis's electricity had a consciousness of its own, all she had to do was tell it to do something for her and it'd do so. But that didn't matter. Elis trekked across the ship, her arms cross, her face, her eyes, her expression all blank.

"I need to get stronger..." She thought to herself, moving into one of the training rooms. She paid no mind to Kentoria's shouting, it didn't effect her, nor did she have the time to be focusing on Kentoria's well-being. Elis's tattoo began to violently swell, blood pouring from her eye.

"Stronger..." She muttered, blood continuing to painfully drip from her eye. She paid no real mind to it, though, her eye becoming bloodshot as she entered one of the training rooms. A wave of power radiated from her mark as she clenched her fists, akin to the one that had given the group strength on Neptunia. Elis's eye festered, the shape of the iris changing.

"Stronger..."

The wave disturbed Olorin, who stretched open her eyes, she was tired, but the fact she had been awoken by a wave disturbed her, and she was instantly shakily out of bed, stabilized by Talandar before putting two and two together, tears welling up in her eyes "Elis..." She murmured, before slowly trying to find her crush/girlfriend, though Kentoria's shouting did scare her, it wasn't enough to keep her from looking with Talandar at her back

Skarr sighed as he heard Kentoria's shouting, but he felt stronger, much stronger, so he opened his eyes and looked around, he was going to train later, he needed rest right now, more than anything else, he'd hardly done it for awhile now

Relama felt himself get stronger, though this spooked him, he thought this was from his body adapting to something he couldn't handle, and so he began searching for Olorin or Elis to see what was wrong with himself, even Adrian would do at this point, as he at least understood Relama's power

Kentoria didn't care right now that she got stronger, still punching the dummy, before moving to another in an instant, her rage nowhere near quelled yet

(I was expecting Adrian to go after Kentoria when he heard the shouts lol

Dean would be in his room, making up several things, that might be used in the future missiona they will receive, after all that occured, he was gonna get prepared for anything he can tell from experience will happen

Charlotte barely registered the wave of power as it washed over her; the woman's gaze was empty, hollow as she stared at the floor.

And yet...something began to change. As her mind continued to flood itself with Spatial information, Elis's power began to mingle within her, the two phenomena inundating Charlotte's body. A tingling, numb feeling slowly began to spread across Charlotte's mind, a strange reaction occurring within her. It was almost akin to being submerged in water, the air seemingly growing thick and fluid around her head. The tingling feeling increased, as if a strange, unknown current was electrifying each particle that made up her skull.

Her Spatial Awareness, already overwhelming her brain with information, went haywire. Her senses sharpened far past her normal limit, the geometry of the world around her growing clearer and more refined by the second. But this time…she could actually feel them. The geometric shapes, the space that made up her room…it all seemed so real now, so tangible. Almost as if she could reach out and touch it.

And thus…she did. Reaching out one of her hands, she gingerly began to grip onto seemingly nothing, her hand closing around thin air. Yet…she could feel it. Feel the space writhe and flow within her grip, almost as if she had tried to grab a liquid of some kind. And slowly…that feeling began to spread across her entire form, the flow of space consuming her flesh and mind. It took her a few moments to realize this was the only thing she felt. The sensation of the air against her skin, of heat of the ship, even of the ground beneath her feet, seemed to vanish in an instant, replaced by this strange, overwhelming feeling of…space itself.

“…..” Charlotte took a breath. It was a strange feeling, like her body had become disconnected from the physical world. It was similar to the feeling of teleporting, the instantaneous, almost unnoticeable feeling of being removed from the world around her. Yet, this was constant, as if the feeling had been stretched to infinity. In a strange way…it was calming, Charlotte taking a steady breath for the first time since they began their mission. She closed her eyes, letting the feeling envelop her flesh without resistance. Slowly, she raised a hand, the space expanding in front of her as she focused her mind. She clenched her fist, the same space beginning the shrink and constrict within her grasp. She continued to manipulate the space around herself silently, ignoring the sounds that came from the other parts of the ship.

Eventually when the wave occured, Dean felt it and looked at his left palm, feeling power like last time, a smirk would make its appearance on his face soon after

"Well.......well.......well......more potential unlocked....although....i need my primary source too for more.....next planet i gotta do my usual....there better be anyone worth enough to help be unlock more of my potential...."

As soon as Adrian had entered the ship once more, he'd instantly moved towards one of the empty training rooms with no delay, almost as if on instinct. He said nothing to anybody, nor did he attempt to stray onto a different path. He simply picked up his sword once more, and began swinging it.

And he swung it again, and again, and again... Over and over. Something he'd done countless times in his life, constantly sharpening his skills with no end in sight. In times past he'd done it for days, weeks, and sometimes even months constantly, pushing his body over the limits time and time again all for the sake of sharpening his skills. This time was no different.

They'd failed...

And Adrian had to get stronger.

Adrian saw himself as different from Charlotte and Elis. They all wanted revenge, and yet, there was a fundamental difference between them that made Adrian the bigger person in the end. He knew how to control his rage, his anger, and to harness it towards making himself stronger. That was a skill people like Charlotte and Elis lacked, in his eyes. His rage was immense, but contained, strong, and controllable. Adrian didn't let it exploit him... He exploited it. Used it, didn't let it use him.

This time though... it was a little different.

How long had it been?

Since he'd let his rage boil over?

Since the day... He'd let himself be consumed by it? Since the day that he let go of all inhibitions. Destroyed everything. He couldn't really remember it, but since then, it'd been a long time since he'd let his rage boil over and consume him. Break him down and ruin him.

"Master..." Kirby spoke up, "Keep it together."

"I know, Kirby... I know." Adrian said as he raised the Dragon Slayer over his head, and then brought it down with a mighty swing. Just that single movement contained the essences of countless thousands of sword arts Adrian had spent his life perfecting and integrating into his own style. Each tiny, microscopic movement had history. And such history, Adrian had spent countless hours dissecting, and learning.

"I won't let myself get brought down by this... I'll keep climbing up..." Adrian said as he brought his arms up... and then down. Up... and down. Perfect coordination, just like that. Adrian continued this cycle of sword swings for what seemed like forever, losing track of time in the process. It didn't really matter, in the end. As he swung his sword, his skills improved, and as his skills improved, he felt the urge to continue his training, and as he felt the urge to continue his training...

"Haaaa...." He breathed out.

Activating his Spatial Awareness, Adrian began focusing it around himself, compressing it within himself. He observed himself, how he breathed, how his blood flowed, how his muscles and bones moved, everything. Every biological function, down to the most minute, microscopic detail, was recorded, analyzed, and with that information, he further improved his skills, constantly identifying his flaws and improving on them. His practice continued as normal, until...

"This is..."

Adrian could... feel it. Not just the microscopic details of his body. No, everything. From the tips of his fingers, down to the tips of his toes, he could feel it. Every single atom and molecule in his body, how they moved as they moved as he moved. Everything was recorded. He and his body were in perfect harmony down to the atomic level at this moment. He'd reached a level where he was able to comprehend his body's functions down to such a level.

Adrian was... astonished, to say the least. He'd never experienced such a random boost in power, and in a way, it frightened him, put him on edge, but at the same time, it motivated him, showed him what he could now do, how he could use this strength..

He was most definitely going to use this.

Valkiria sat in one of the empty rooms, trembling against the wall for what... seemed like forever. Or, well, at least it seemed like forever to her. In reality it was really just a few minutes, but even in such a short amount of time, she felt as though she was being crushed from the inside out, her mind unable to process the world around her...

"P-Please... D-Don't hurt me... I-I'll fight... I'll kill... I-I'll drink blood..." She muttered to herself, tears beginning to pour from her eyes. Her breathing grew ragged as her body tensed.

"Cause that's really just all you are, isn't it?"

Valkiria sat there as the voice spoke to her, "B-Be quiet..."

"Why should I silence the truth? Your a bloodthirsty killing machine... Nothing but a freak. I've no reason to be silencing myself, do I?"

"B-Be Quiet...!!! Get out of my head...!"

"Nope! Your head's comfortable. A perfect breeding ground... for bloodlust...~"

Valkiria's trembling merely intensified as the voice spoke to her, "N-No... No No No..."

"Why not actually take a look, Val? At that energy searing into your flesh... Making you stronger..."

Valkiria's eyes widened as she looked down at herself, her muscles tightening like steel... It wasn't exactly visible to her, but she could feel it...

Malice.

Anger.

Hatred.

Violence.

All of it culminated in the will radiating from her skin, fusing with her flesh, morphing her cells.

"N-No..."

"Y-Yes... Hahahahaha...!"

"Why... Why why..."

Even now, she continued to allow it, this Bloody Berserker, to control her life. To control her thoughts, her feelings, her actions.

"Why won't you just... leave me alone..."

And as Valkiria grew in strength, swelled with power and fervor, her mind continued to be tormented by the monster within her...

And she continued to suffer.

The wave disturbed Olorin, who stretched open her eyes, she was tired, but the fact she had been awoken by a wave disturbed her, and she was instantly shakily out of bed, stabilized by Talandar before putting two and two together, tears welling up in her eyes "Elis..." She murmured, before slowly trying to find her crush/girlfriend, though Kentoria's shouting did scare her, it wasn't enough to keep her from looking with Talandar at her back
Elis could be found in one of the training rooms, blood continuing to pour from her eye as electricity crackled around her. She didn't seem to notice Olorin come into the room yet, her mind clearly in... other places.

Olorin stayed back, but she spoke faintly "Elis..." She murmured

Kentoria rushed across the training room in an instant and shouted with pure rage as she began busting through another dummy, her fist busting into the training room Adrian was in, she was just getting it all out ar this point, it was like something had possessed her

Olorin stayed back, but she spoke faintly "Elis..." She murmured
Elis still didn't seem to hear her. Her focus was... unnatural, to say the least. It was as if she wasn't even there in the first place, her mind wandering in a different dimension...
Kentoria rushed across the training room in an instant and shouted with pure rage as she began busting through another dummy, her fist busting into the training room Adrian was in, she was just getting it all out ar this point, it was like something had possessed her
Adrian's trance in his training was difficult to break, he was testing his new skills thoroughly and clearly, he was unconcerned with the world around him. He... noticed Kentoria, but just didn't seem to care, it seemed. The only real acknowledgement Kentoria was given was an annoyed grunt.

Elis still didn't seem to hear her. Her focus was... unnatural, to say the least. It was as if she wasn't even there in the first place, her mind wandering in a different dimension...

Adrian's trance in his training was difficult to break, he was testing his new skills thoroughly and clearly, he was unconcerned with the world around him. He... noticed Kentoria, but just didn't seem to care, it seemed. The only real acknowledgement Kentoria was given was an annoyed grunt.
Olorin looked scared now, beginning to shakily approach Elis, finding her voice to say "E-Elis!"

Kentoria eventually went through the wall, just staying where she was standing before breathing deeply

Olorin looked scared now, beginning to shakily approach Elis, finding her voice to say "E-Elis!"
Elis flinched slightly, rolling her shoulders lightly. She breathed out, turning back to Olorin with an immensely bloodshot eye.

"Yeah, Olorin...?"
Kentoria eventually went through the wall, just staying where she was standing before breathing deeply
"Can you go be a nuisance somewhere else..." Adrian muttered as he trained, letting out an agitated breath as he swung his sword.

"Elis..." Olorin murmured, her eyes wide, as if she was looking at a ghost, her breathing going Shallow

"...ive calmed down enough." Kentoria said, suddenly swinging her sword hard as she began training brutally

Back