• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stars of Cinder • RP Thread (ON HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

"Why, exactly...?" Adrian asked, sighing.

"Cause the base is hundreds of miles away from our current location, and you can't run or walk that fast. It'd take you weeks to get back on foot." He said.

"Why, exactly...?" Adrian asked, sighing.

"Cause the base is hundreds of miles away from our current location, and you can't run or walk that fast. It'd take you weeks to get back on foot." He said.
"...I can teleport, Adrian. A few hundred meters with a single thought. I'll make it back. " Charlotte said. Her voice was plain, emotionless, not seeming to even fully pay attention to the man as she continued to walk.

"Uh huh. Good for you. And your doing that instead of simply getting in the car and taking the far easier alternative because...?" Adrian then asked, just crossing his arms.

"Whateves. Have fun being suicidal or whatever." Adrian said with a shrug, turning back around. It wasn't his problem anyway, so he didn't particularly understand himself why he pushed it any further, but, eh, it didn't matter anyway.

"Charlotte's depressed, so she's walking." He said as he got back.

Talandar got himself and Olorin into the car, the ladder murmuring something completely intelligible quietly

Relama closed his eyes and got on, one could almost sense the pain coming off of him in waves

Kentoria got on silently, holding herself back from doing anything other than stand right now

"Whateves. Have fun being suicidal or whatever." Adrian said with a shrug, turning back around. It wasn't his problem anyway, so he didn't particularly understand himself why he pushed it any further, but, eh, it didn't matter anyway.

"Charlotte's depressed, so she's walking." He said as he got back.
"Walking where?"

Asks Dean

"Dude I already tried- Oh come the **** on... Whatever, not my problem anyway..." Adrian said as he just shut the door behind him. "Let's book it."

Charlotte barely registered Dean’s presence as he opened his portal, ignoring the man as she moved. She had begun to teleport at this point, hopping through space hundreds of meters at a time as she traveled through the desolate lands of the doomed world.

Charlotte breathed out, knowing the man wouldn’t go away if she didn’t respond.

“…I’m going back to our base, Dean.” Charlotte said plainly, not looking back at the man. She stopped for only a mere moment, enough for her feet to touch the ground, before teleporting forward once more.

Charlotte breathed out, knowing the man wouldn’t go away if she didn’t respond.

“…I’m going back to our base, Dean.” Charlotte said plainly, not looking back at the man. She stopped for only a mere moment, enough for her feet to touch the ground, before teleporting forward once more.
"Could have been told first hand abput where you were gonna go..."

Murmurs to himself, returning back to where he left off to go after Charlotte immediately

Last edited:
(I think so yeah)

Charlotte ignored Dean’s comment, simply continuing her path across the ruined landscape. Even now, her Spatial Awareness flooded her brain with information, blanketing and overwhelming her thoughts. In a few moments…she had already forgotten about her talk with Dean and Adrian, the memory buried underneath uncountable geometric figures. She was on auto-pilot now, unthinking, unblinking, only keeping just enough consciousness to maintain her course.

(Okay then let's dip.)

It didn't take to long for the group to drive back to the base due to the car's speed, the car parking itself back where it was originally before they had left. Elis was the first to leave the vehicle, hopping onto the ground, heaving out a gentle puff of smoke from the cigarette Timcanpy gave her, just looking down. Timcanpy was in Golem Form, plopped onto Elis's shoulder. "Haaa..." Elis merely sighed.

Adrian came out next, silent and stern as usual. "I'll go get Seraphina..."

Valkiria stumbled out of the car, her fear having somewhat died down, but, she clearly wasn't at all in a proper mental state, nearly tripping as she got out of the car.

Talandar walked right alongside Elis, Olorin twitching once or twice, but she'd quieted down

Kentoria walked out of the car, walking ahead of Elis "do so." She said to Adrian

Relema was right behind Talandar, not even missing a step despite the size and speed difference

Skarr put a stabilizing hand on Valkiria's shoulder, but did walk a little ahead of her after stabilizing her, deep in thought from his frown

Adrian followed the sound of sharp breaths and grunts, eventually ending up in one of the common training rooms for the common soldiers of the base.

And there she could be seen, constantly swinging her sword. Her glistening emerald eyes were supremely focused on her task, her body moving up and down to swing her sword in perfect harmony, each muscle moving as it should, not overworking itself or tearing itself. Her feet dug into the stone ground beneath her, clearly having been devoted to swinging her sword for dozens of hours.

Rex was there watching near the entrance, greeting Adrian and Brownie, not needing a word to know what has happened in their mission

"Seraphina has improved" Rex said in a moderate voice so as not to interrupt Seraphina, of course if she cares to listen to her surroundings.

"Her handling is good but she lacks something, she lacks balance, not in the use of the weapon but in her life, unlike many sword fighters I've met Seraphina only has one goal that honestly disconnects her from the world in a bad way ..." Rex said without looking away from the girl.

"...but she will eventually realize that in order to continue her quest for revenge, she will need to reconnect that part of her that she has lost, in that way she will be who she really is and not what her hate turn her."

"........... Or maybe I'm wrong, after all I'm just a crazy man who has no home and no memories" later said Rex with a smile

Adrian pretty much just ignored Rex's insane ramblings, scratching the back of his head. "Oi, kid." He called out.

Seraphina ceased swinging her sword, planting it into the ground. "Looks like you guys are back... How'd it go?"

"Bad. We're leaving." Adrian said bluntly, crossing his arms.

"Huh?" Seraphina said, tilting her head.

"We're leaving. The mission was a failure." Adrian said once again.

"But... the Eclipse...? Weren't we... weren't you supposed to stop it? The ****?!" Seraphina exclaimed, moving over to Adrian. "So we're... We're just abandoning this planet? After all this?"

"....Yes. That's exactly what we're doing," Adrian said with a sigh, "But we don't have a choice."

"That's... That's bullshit." Seraphina said in retort, clenching her scarred fists.

"I know, Seraphina. Trust me, I know. But we don't have any other option. We can't win." Adrian said bluntly, "Our only choice is to ditch..."

"That's... You... *******... How could... Agh...!" Seraphina grunted, stomping her foot onto the ground. "This isn't fair!"

"Yeah, I know, kid." Adrian said, sighing. "Look... Just get to the ship. We'll talk about this later."

"Ugh..." Seraphina grunted, storming off.

Adrian sighed, "That went well, I guess..."

"I wonder why of all the planets they want this one?" Rex muttered to himself.

Brownie just watched Seraphina leave, he sighed, at times like these Humans love to have their own personal space.

Adrian sighed, "I'll be in the ship..." He said, before just walking off.

Elis took one final drag of her cigarette, releasing a puff of smoke from her mouth, before putting it out, grinding it against the haul of the car as she threw it to the ground. The fresh banana flavor that entered her mouth replacing the rough, bitter taste of a real cigarette did seem to calm her down, but...

"It's not much, I guess..." She thought to herself. No mater how much the smoking temporarily alleviated her pain, it didn't go away, the unbearable agony of having her body cut open still stinging every cell in her body like lightning. But, it didn't bother her. The agony had numbed her, her senses no longer truly registering the pain as "pain", anymore. It'd simply become natural, akin to a soft breeze, the agony that she'd felt in that moment became one with every fiber of her being. Ironically, constant unimaginable pain had made it so that Elis could... no longer feel pain, the sensation only amounting to what could be described as the feeling of being splashed with warm water.

Elis began to move away from the car, moving to where the SoC's ship was. That ship. It all started on that ship. Everything she'd experienced with the Stars of Cinder, from their first battle to the calamities, to their most recent failure in stopping an Eclipse on Krieg, all tied into that ship. It all tied into that single offer that the Masked Man had made them, a proposition to save lives against a mysterious evil. How could she have known?

That when she'd accepted that proposition, she'd end up feeling so... empty? So hollow?

Well, it didn't matter anymore. She wasn't going to kill herself. Nor was she going to be taking any anti-depressant meds. Elis, at this moment, didn't know what to do. She was lost in a pit of darkness, unable to tell which way was up or down, left or right. Unable to figure out where to go from here, whether or not she should keep fighting, or simply leave the Stars of Cinder all-together. She hated the cults, after all. She couldn't just let them run rampant throughout the universe.

But, in the end... did she? Hate. It was such a strong emotion. Ever since her temporary death and mental breakdown, she'd forgotten how to feel things like Hate. Sure, she knew that the cults were a bad thing, even a child could figure that out. And even if she didn't hate them, it'd be in the best interests of everyone to simply eradicate them. But... did she even have the motivation to keep trying? Should she simply ignore her numbness, and continue fighting?

"Elis..." Timcanpy spoke telepathically to her master, "If you desire... I can arrange that we leave this planet on a separate ship."

Timcanpy offered an easy escape for Elis. Elis no longer truly cared for the cause of fighting against the cult, outside of seeing the benefits of its eradication. Her mind had been broken, shattered to far beyond recognition, leaving her with no real reason to stay with this people barring vague attachment to a few of them. She didn't care about Rex. Nor about Brownie. Nor about Dean. Nor about Adrian, or Seraphina, or Valkiria, or Skarr... The only people left in the Stars of Cinder she could truly say she held attachment to were Olorin and Charlotte...

"Maybe..." Elis murmured.

But, then, Elis remembered something.

The group's first battle. Against the calamities.

It felt so long ago, and yet... It was only really a few months ago that she'd met the group and fought with them for the first time. Put her life on the line for them, for the first time. To this day, she remembered what it felt like to be in the heat of battle with them, to see them move, fight, and grunt. She remembered telling Charlotte that she was a good person. Remembered Kentoria nearly bleeding to death trying to protect her. She remembered what that battle felt like down to the very last minute detail.

What it felt like... to have people cheer for her, after having protected them.

Skoupidia was a dying planet. It was trash. There was nothing there but famine, and death. It's destruction, in the end, meant nothing to the whole of the universe. The existence of such a planet and its people was akin to an ant being placed within the ocean that was the Universe. Snuffing it out, ultimately, wouldn't effect anything. In a way, Neptunia was the same. Sure, it was an important planet to some, but even once it was destroyed, the universe kept existing. There were an uncountable number of planets in the universe, the annihilation of two meant nothing.

And yet...

People lived on those planets. People with lives. People with dreams. People, who, when grateful, would cheer without end, straining their throats to create a vicious sound that lit up an entire world with hope.

People who could feel frightened when captured by calamities, and relieved when saved by a group of mercenaries.

People... who simply wanted to escape hell, and see the galaxy with their sister. People who just wanted to be free.

Elis's knees gave out, the girl immediately falling to the ground, her knees slamming against the ground. She felt something boil within her stomach, vomit erupting from her throat and onto the floor as thoughts flooded her mind without end. She gagged and coughed as vomit shot out from her throat, tears dripping from the corners of her eyes.

"M-Master...!?" Timcanpy shifted into human form, immediately moving to help Elis up.

"N-No... No... No..." Elis whispered to herself, leaning against the dirty, cold walls and gripping her head tightly. Charlotte's sister. What was her name, again? Elis tried to remember desperately, her head pulsating with unfathomable pain. Pain. Pain? She was feeling pain. This was unusual. But that didn't matter, now. Her name. The girl's name. What the hell was her name!?

"Ph-Phoebe..." Elis muttered.

"H-Huh...?" Timcanpy said, her expression shifting into sheer confusion.

"She... she wanted to see the galaxy. The stars. She had a dream..." Elis muttered, looking down at the floor, her eyes wide.

"And... I bet all the other people on Skoupidia had dreams to." She muttered once more. Stop it.

"They were people... Some young, some old... Some male, female, or even transgender... They... they were all people... people who... wh-who wanted to do things with their lives... And they had people they cared about... Just like Charlotte and her sister, Phoebe... Just like Seraphina and her family... her planet... their planets... Everyone on them... was killed...!!" Stop.

Elis suddenly convulsed in pain, gripping her head even tighter. Timcanpy couldn't deduce the cause of this sudden burst of pain within Elis, but regardless, she immediately began trying to heal her master, disregarding all else... And that would've worked, had Elis no shot up. With a loud shout, she placed her hands on the wall, and with a heave of all the strength she could muster, and with her teeth gritted, she violently SLAMMED her own forehead into the wall, leaving a crater on it. Timcanpy's eyes widened.

"M-Master...? E-Elis...?! What the... What are you doing...?" Timcanpy asked, "Y-You..."

Elis breathed out, stumbling backwards. Blood gushed from her head like a waterfall, painting her hair crimson and dripping into her eyes, but... she didn't care about that. Elis breathed out, the white part of her eyes being painted red from the bleed. Her fists clenched, every muscle and cell in her body tightening.

"We aren't leaving, Timcanpy..." Elis said.

"Wh-What...?" Timcanpy said, backing up as Elis began walking once more.

"We're staying with the Stars of Cinder..." Elis said, continuing to walk. Her head didn't hurt. No, she didn't even feel it. Within the chasm of emptiness that was Elis Cinder's heart, there was now one, new feeling that boiled within her heart...

"E-Elis, you need healing-" Timcanpy ignored Elis's statement, immediately beginning to heal her once more. Elis didn't stop her this time, simply continuing to walk toward the ship with her profusely bleeding head. Elis didn't feel it, though. In fact, she didn't even register it.

"Pain..." Elis thought, grunting. She could only imagine the pain that those people went through, being ripped apart. The pain that they went through having their souls ripped out, and their blood drained, praying, begging for death, anything to get rid of the pain. In comparison, this pain, her pain... It was nothing in comparison. She couldn't give up now. Not now.

If nothing else mattered, if there was only one thing Elis Cinder, through her naivety, and her weakness, and her fragility, could devote herself to, it was one thing. The absolute eradication of calamities, and the complete destruction of all calamities in the universe. That was her raison d'etre. Within the chasm of emptiness that was her heart, that purpose, that reason for living, was the only thing that shined brightly, that rage that eclipsed anything she'd ever felt before. She'd toil over it, spend day and night training for it, it didn't matter. All that mattered... All that mattered to Elis Cinder, if she could not think of anything else, if she were to truly give herself a purpose, it'd be...

Avenging those killed by the cultists and the calamities. Phoebe, Seraphina's family, all of them. All of them would die... with no exception. And anybody who got in the way of that, tried to stop her, or hold her back from that goal, was... her enemy.

Timcanpy glanced over at Elis as she walked, her eyes widened. Never in her life had she seen her master, the immature, skittish, and friendly Elis Cinder, so resolute. Her rage was not haphazard. It was cold, calculated, aimed towards a singular goal that she'd never stray from. This was no longer just Elis Cinder, not just a girl, or a mage, or a weapon smith...

This was something beyond all of that.

Something that, within the emptiness of a broken girl's heart, shined brightest.

Something that was determined.

Rex patted Brownie.

"I just hope everything gets better, the team needs a win, otherwise they will commit suicide" he said before moving with the intention of going to the ship

A figure could be seen in the distance, their body cloaked by the toxic fumes of the planet. Rapidly, it approached the base, seeming to disappear and reappear out of thin air, each time moving closer and closer to its destination. A few moments later, Charlotte landed, her feet dropping onto the metal floor. Her radiation suit was caked in dirt and soot, grime covering the material from an extended period of exposure to Krieg’s environment. Sweat covered her body, the woman panting slightly after having to exert her teleportation for so long.

“….” She said nothing to the others as she landed. In fact, it barely seemed as if she had noticed them at all. With rigid, almost robotic motions, she walked toward the ship, immediately moving toward one of the empty rooms.

(By the way wasn't the SoC ship literally shredded?)

Talandar gingerly approached Elis "we need your help to get Olorin's ship connected to that ship until it can be repaired..." He said quietly

Talandar gingerly approached Elis "we need your help to get Olorin's ship connected to that ship until it can be repaired..." He said quietly
"I'll deal with it. Just get Olorin onto our ship for now. I'll heal her there.." Elis said as she stepped onto the ship, breathing out.

"I'll deal with it. Just get Olorin onto our ship for now. I'll heal her there.." Elis said as she stepped onto the ship, breathing out.
"Thank you." Talandar said, walking to the ship with Olorin making a questioning murmur quietly, moving to put her into Elis's room to make her accessible, instinctively knocking on the door first before realizing that Elis wasn't even in the room, looking over at her as if asking for permission

Back