• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Stars of Cinder • RP Thread (ON HIATUS UNTIL FURTHER NOTICE)

“I’m not trying to appeal to anyone, Tim.“ Charlotte said bluntly. She sighed, teleporting the cigarette bud into a nearby trash can.

“…It doesn’t matter. Anything I can do to…help Elis out? Make her less stressed?”
"I will use another word, then. Unhealthy." Timcanpy said, her tone monotone as usual.

"For one... It would ease her mind if you were to perhaps reassure her of your safety. Even if you do not actually know if you will return from this mission... unharmed. Part of her stress is that she is worried about those participating in the stealth mission." Timcanpy explained, "Basically, lie."

"I will use another word, then. Unhealthy." Timcanpy said, her tone monotone as usual.

"For one... It would ease her mind if you were to perhaps reassure her of your safety. Even if you do not actually know if you will return from this mission... unharmed. Part of her stress is that she is worried about those participating in the stealth mission." Timcanpy explained, "Basically, lie."
“….” Charlotte thought for a moment.

“…Yeah. If talking to Elis would help…I can reassure her a bit.” Charlotte said. She breathed out. She was familiar with lying about her safety. She had to do the same thing for Phoebe many times.

Slowly, she stood up, beginning to walk towards the room Elis had retreated to.

The grey-haired soldier stood there, watching Charlotte and Timcanpy enter the room Elis was going in. "Where are they going? Is this also because of stress...?" She said, worry in her tone.
“….” Charlotte thought for a moment.

“…Yeah. If talking to Elis would help…I can reassure her a bit.” Charlotte said. She breathed out. She was familiar with lying about her safety. She had to do the same thing for Phoebe many times.

Slowly, she stood up, beginning to walk towards the room Elis had retreated to.
Elis was pacing around the room, continuously scratching at her tattoo. With each step she took, purple electricity charred the floor beneath her and burned through her boots. "It's gonna go wrong... It's gonna go wrong... It's all gonna go ******* wrong...!" She whispered to herself.

Elis was pacing around the room, continuously scratching at her tattoo. With each step she took, purple electricity charred the floor beneath her and burned through her boots. "It's gonna go wrong... It's gonna go wrong... It's all gonna go ******* wrong...!" She whispered to herself.
Charlotte gently knocked on the door to Elis room.

"....Hey...Elis." Charlotte said softly. She breathed out, trying to adjust her tone to sound more comforting.

"...Can I...come in?"

Charlotte gently knocked on the door to Elis room.

"....Hey...Elis." Charlotte said softly. She breathed out, trying to adjust her tone to sound more comforting.

"...Can I...come in?"
"Charlotte... Charlotte? Charlotte!? O-O-O-O-Oh! Yeah yeah yeah! Of course you can come in! Stay like, 2 meters away at all times though...!" Elis said, purple electricity continuing to crackle around her, her barriers making it so that she didn't burn her own skin or clothes.

"Charlotte... Charlotte? Charlotte!? O-O-O-O-Oh! Yeah yeah yeah! Of course you can come in! Stay like, 2 meters away at all times though...!" Elis said, purple electricity continuing to crackle around her, her barriers making it so that she didn't burn her own skin or clothes.
"...Two meters...?" Charlotte thought. Gently she opened the door, staring for a moment as she saw the electricity covering Elis.

"Oh..." She murmured. Slowly, she took a seat on the other side of the room, giving Elis plenty of space.

"...I..wanted to talk with you for a bit. You got a minute?" Charlotte asked.

"...Two meters...?" Charlotte thought. Gently she opened the door, staring for a moment as she saw the electricity covering Elis.

"Oh..." She murmured. Slowly, she took a seat on the other side of the room, giving Elis plenty of space.

"...I..wanted to talk with you for a bit. You got a minute?" Charlotte asked.
"Based on the sound of the wind, the speed of the vehicle, and the rotational energy of this planet... I'd say we got about 15 minutes until we reach our destination! Hahaha...! Y-Yeah, I have a minute..." Elis said, just going back to scratching her tattoo and pacing around.

"Based on the sound of the wind, the speed of the vehicle, and the rotational energy of this planet... I'd say we got about 15 minutes until we reach our destination! Hahaha...! Y-Yeah, I have a minute..." Elis said, just going back to scratching her tattoo and pacing around.
Charlotte nodded, breathing out.

"...Heard you were...worried about us. Me and the rest of the group, I mean." Charlotte said softly.

Charlotte nodded, breathing out.

"...Heard you were...worried about us. Me and the rest of the group, I mean." Charlotte said softly.
"...Worried?" Elis said, "Wh-Wh-Wh-Wh-Why would I be worried...!? You guys said you'd be fine, right...! Phares will totally be fine... Though I haven't really seen his expertise in an extended mission... They've always been interrupted... Is he good enough...? Are you good enough...!? N-No, I'm worrying for nothing, your all strong... Older than me to...! Lots more experience...!" She was swiftly trailing off and clearly so.

"...Worried?" Elis said, "Wh-Wh-Wh-Wh-Why would I be worried...!? You guys said you'd be fine, right...! Phares will totally be fine... Though I haven't really seen his expertise in an extended mission... They've always been interrupted... Is he good enough...? Are you good enough...!? N-No, I'm worrying for nothing, your all strong... Older than me to...! Lots more experience...!" She was swiftly trailing off and clearly so.

Charlotte stood up, slowly approaching Elis. Though she was careful to stay out of her electricity range.

"...I...." Charlotte trailed off, trying to find the right words.

"...I can't see the future. As much as I wish I could tell you what will happen...I can't." She said honestly.

"...But...I can tell you, that we can handle this, Elis. We've all done this sort of thing before. We all know what to expect." She said softly.

Charlotte stood up, slowly approaching Elis. Though she was careful to stay out of her electricity range.

"...I...." Charlotte trailed off, trying to find the right words.

"...I can't see the future. As much as I wish I could tell you what will happen...I can't." She said honestly.

"...But...I can tell you, that we can handle this, Elis. We've all done this sort of thing before. We all know what to expect." She said softly.
"You know what to expect!? Oh, I didn't know your Spatial Awareness was so advanced to the point you could figure out the geometry of ******* TIME!! Oh, except, time doesn't have geometry, it's time, or well, it might have geometry... I should right a thesis paper on that..." Elis trailed off once more, her scratching beginning to break the skin as blood poured from her face and to the charred floor beneath her.

"You know what to expect!? Oh, I didn't know your Spatial Awareness was so advanced to the point you could figure out the geometry of ******* TIME!! Oh, except, time doesn't have geometry, it's time, or well, it might have geometry... I should right a thesis paper on that..." Elis trailed off once more, her scratching beginning to break the skin as blood poured from her face and to the charred floor beneath her.
Charlotte's eyes widened slightly. She tried to reach forward to stop Elis from hurting herself, but stopped as she felt the electricity nearly graze her skin. She pulled away, taking a shaky breath.

"...My Spatial Awareness may not be able to see the future...but I should be able to scan the building in its entirety before I go in." Charlotte said softly.

"...Cameras, soldiers, hallways....I should be able to get all of that before we even get into the building."

"...Then...all we need to do is sneak in. Something we've all done before."

"...And what if they planned for that!?" Elis shouted, the lightning crackling around her beginning to burn through her barriers, evident by the small burns forming on her cheeks.

"What if they have an enemy stronger than us...? Even if your Spatial Awareness can pick up on the geometrical intricacies of the building they could be using invisibility magic... What if it's to potent for you to see through...? They may even know we're coming!... They could have armies upon armies waiting for us! We could all ******* DIE!!!" Elis shouted.

"...And what if they planned for that!?" Elis shouted, the lightning crackling around her beginning to burn through her barriers, evident by the small burns forming on her cheeks.

"What if they have an enemy stronger than us...? Even if your Spatial Awareness can pick up on the geometrical intricacies of the building they could be using invisibility magic... What if it's to potent for you to see through...? They may even know we're coming!... They could have armies upon armies waiting for us! We could all ******* DIE!!!" Elis shouted.

"...We keep fighting..." Charlotte said softly. She took a breath, shaking her head.

"...Your right. We can't account for everything. We don't know what the enemy will do."

"...But we do know what WE can do. We...We can keep moving. Just like we did with the army of calamities. Just like we did with Zodd, like we did with every other fight in this damn group."

"...I know...how tempting it is. To freak out. To isolate. To give in to sadness or frustration. But...that doesn't help...anyone..."

Just...just like it didn't help me." She said softly.

"...We keep fighting..." Charlotte said softly. She took a breath, shaking her head.

"...Your right. We can't account for everything. We don't know what the enemy will do."

"...But we do know what WE can do. We...We can keep moving. Just like we did with the army of calamities. Just like we did with Zodd, like we did with every other fight in this damn group."

"...I know...how tempting it is. To freak out. To isolate. To give in to sadness or frustration. But...that doesn't help...anyone..."

Just...just like it didn't help me." She said softly.
"B-.... But..." Elis murmured, stuttering.

"......."

"I can't take this, Charlotte... I can't take this... I wish I'd never left my home planet... That I just stayed holed up wherever I was.... I can't even ******* remember where it was..." Elis murmured, kneeling down and beginning to curl up.

"I can't keep moving forward... I'm not a prodigy... I'm scared... I'm so, so scared... I don't want to die... I don't want anyone to die..."

"B-.... But..." Elis murmured, stuttering.

"......."

"I can't take this, Charlotte... I can't take this... I wish I'd never left my home planet... That I just stayed holed up wherever I was.... I can't even ******* remember where it was..." Elis murmured, kneeling down and beginning to curl up.

"I can't keep moving forward... I'm not a prodigy... I'm scared... I'm so, so scared... I don't want to die... I don't want anyone to die..."
Charlotte gently took a step closer, feeling the electricity beginning to graze her clothing and skin. red marks and blistes appeared where the electricity had touched her, but she ignored it, her focus completely on the girl in front of her.

"...It will be ok..." She said softly. She got onto one knee, going eye level with Elis.

"...Your strong, Elis. One of the strongest people I've met. And...one of the bravest too."

"...and we're all here for you. Here to support you...every step of the way, alright?"

Charlotte gently took a step closer, feeling the electricity beginning to graze her clothing and skin. red marks and blistes appeared where the electricity had touched her, but she ignored it, her focus completely on the girl in front of her.

"...It will be ok..." She said softly. She got onto one knee, going eye level with Elis.

"...Your strong, Elis. One of the strongest people I've met. And...one of the bravest too."

"...and we're all here for you. Here to support you...every step of the way, alright?"
"Strong?" Elis said, her tears being vaporized as soon as they fell.

"I'm not strong... I couldn't defeat Zodd... I couldn't save those people, or save Seraphina's family, or stop the Eclipse, or save Skoupídia, or anything... If anything, I contributed to the damage on Neptunia as well...!" Elis murmured, "I can't... I can't do anything right..."

"Strong?" Elis said, her tears being vaporized as soon as they fell.

"I'm not strong... I couldn't defeat Zodd... I couldn't save those people, or save Seraphina's family, or stop the Eclipse, or save Skoupídia, or anything... If anything, I contributed to the damage on Neptunia as well...!" Elis murmured, "I can't... I can't do anything right..."
Charlotte's breath caught in her throat, the name of her homeworld ringing in her skull like she had been struck with a hammer. Her body trembled slightly, and she took another breath before continuing.

"...You've...saved my life, Elis. It's... it's because of you I'm still standing here today. That I get to have this...second chance at life, after everything I've done..." She said.

"...I'm living proof, that you can do right. That you can help people." She murmured.

"I didn't save your life, I ruined your life...! Because of this stupid ******* mark those piece of shit calamities went to your planet and made you like this! Because of me they went to Neptunia and made it a hell-hole...! I... It's all my fault! Everything...!!" Elis exclaimed.

"I didn't save your life, I ruined your life...! Because of this stupid ******* mark those piece of shit calamities went to your planet and made you like this! Because of me they went to Neptunia and made it a hell-hole...! I... It's all my fault! Everything...!!" Elis exclaimed.
Charlotte froze, staring at Elis for a few moments.

"N....no. Elis...that wasn't...your fault. Y-you can't blame yourself for that..." Charlotte said quietly, her voice wavering slightly. Her eyes shifted, looking directly at Elis's mark.

Charlotte froze, staring at Elis for a few moments.

"N....no. Elis...that wasn't...your fault. Y-you can't blame yourself for that..." Charlotte said quietly, her voice wavering slightly. Her eyes shifted, looking directly at Elis's mark.
"Sure I can! If it wasn't for this stupid tattoo you probably would've been fine, right!? Everything is ****** because of me! I should just rip out my eye right now...!" Elis exclaimed, manifesting a combat knife in hand.

"No-" Timcanpy instantly shifted to human form, unaffected by the electricity.

Charlotte immediately lunged forward, her arms caught within the arc of the electricity as it scorched into her skin. She grabbed Elis hand, locking it in a tight grip as she stared at the woman.

"...Elis. Please...." Charlotte said. Her voice was quiet, mixed with sadness and pain.

"...Put the knife down..."

"M-Me!? You back off! Your scorching yourself!!" Elis shouted, now trying to push Charlotte away as the electricity around her intensified.

"M-Me!? You back off! Your scorching yourself!!" Elis shouted, now trying to push Charlotte away as the electricity around her intensified.
"Y-you think I'm gonna let you mutilate yourself like this? After what you've done? After what we've been through?" Charlotte asked. Her voice was wavering, the sickening smell of burnt flesh beginning to move through the room. She attempted to bend Elis's wrist, trying to force the knife out of her hand. Though her arm was already scorched to the point where Elis could likely resist if she actively tried.

"...D-drop the knife...Elis. Please." She repeated.

"A-Alright Alright just please move away!!!" Elis said, dissipating the knife and desperately trying to move Charlotte away from her now.

Charlotte immediately pulled her hand away, breathing heavily as it went limp by her side.

"...****, that hurts..."Charlotte thought. She breathed out, shaking her head.

"...I...I want you to promise me that you won't...harm yourself, Elis." Charlotte said. She stared at the girl intently, taking steady breaths.

"P-Promise you!? Y-Y-You need to get treatment!!" Elis exclaimed, recoiling back as Timcanpy moved to Charlotte, knowing Elis was extremely worried about her.

"........" Charlotte said nothing, before breathing out.

"....Tim, stay with Elis." Charlotte said. She staggered to her feet, pain flaring through her body as she let out a surprised gasp.

"...Gonna...go get Kirby. Shouldn't...be too hard for her to heal..." She said quietly.

"...Alright." Timcanpy said, moving over to Elis.

"G-Get out!!!" Elis shouted to Charlotte, beginning to hyperventilate. Regardless, they were approaching their destination anyway...

(Adrian. It's Adrian.)

"...What the... What the hell happened?" Adrian asked as Charlotte walked up to him.

"Indeed, what happened? Why was Elis shouting?" The grey-haired soldier asked as she walked up to Charlotte.

"....." Valkiria was silent, rubbing the bridge of her nose.

(Adrian. It's Adrian.)

"...What the... What the hell happened?" Adrian asked as Charlotte walked up to him.

"Indeed, what happened? Why was Elis shouting?" The grey-haired soldier asked as she walked up to Charlotte.

"....." Valkiria was silent, rubbing the bridge of her nose.
(Edited)

"...I'll explain later. I did something stupid." Charlotte said bluntly. She winced, looking around.

"...Where's Kirby?"

"I'm right here, Charlotte. Your vision is ****** and we don't have time." Kirby said, having been on Adrian's shoulder the entire time.

"She's right. We don't have time. Explain what happened now." Valkiria said, leaning against the wall as Kirby began healing Charlotte.

"...Elis isn't in a good spot. She...blames herself for what happened on...Skoupídia and Neptunia. She blames that ******* mark thing on her face. She grabbed a knife, and said she'd rip it off...and I grabbed her arm. Got zapped by the electricity she has on her." Charlotte said bluntly, she shook her head, gritting her teeth.

"...******* hell." She murmured.

Dean listened to Charlotte and Elis convo this entire time wuth his telepathy, to see how it was going their situation there, it was worse then he initially expected out of them to go down and just sighs when it was over

Olorin was looking like she was about to have a heart attack having witnessed this entire thing, her breathing was fast and shallow as she shifted towards Elis while terrified

"Anyone still in there with her?" Kentoria asked, having walked up as well while Skarr just stayed silent behind Valkiria

"...Elis isn't in a good spot. She...blames herself for what happened on...Skoupídia and Neptunia. She blames that ******* mark thing on her face. She grabbed a knife, and said she'd rip it off...and I grabbed her arm. Got zapped by the electricity she has on her." Charlotte said bluntly, she shook her head, gritting her teeth.

"...******* hell." She murmured.
Kirby swiftly finished healing Charlotte's arm. "There comes a point where you probably should've just knocked her out or something..."
Olorin was looking like she was about to have a heart attack having witnessed this entire thing, her breathing was fast and shallow as she shifted towards Elis while terrified

"Anyone still in there with her?" Kentoria asked, having walked up as well while Skarr just stayed silent behind Valkiria
Elis kept breathing heavily, standing up. "O-Olorin... A-Are... you... alright...?"

Back