• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion Thread Canon/Legends- Episode V Attack of the Fanons

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know, Luke did outperform Darth Vader who's literally just Anakin but stronger and more skilled. Prime Anakin is just too vague because that could mean a number of things.
whats shown to us and what creatives say are so drastically different, until we start seeing in universe statement and feats that are consistent, Jon can say this all he wants lol

I don't know, Luke did outperform Darth Vader who's literally just Anakin but stronger and more skilled. Prime Anakin is just too vague because that could mean a number of things.
I thougth Vader was holding back during the figth? He did not want to kill his son

I was, but the first two episodes were underwhelming to me.

Marketing was terrible btw there's barely any discourse irl.
reminds me of this meme

48p6la0eao141.webp

Btw durge’s profile said he mid high regeneration now.

did you guys make a crt on that/find actual evidence for it and did not just get it straight out of my mouth.

Would be cool to see Cal using some dark side abilities or even some night sister magick.
I agree. Night sister magic is interesting. It was great seeing Mace Windu facing off against MotherTalzin and we saw how powerful it was. Hope for more in jedi survivor.

They'd tank bullets, grenades, many types of RPGs, etc.

But they're kind of ****** if people figure out the weakness of their shields, throw some EMPs out, or decide to carpet bomb whatever cities they're in.

Jedi Survivor, and (former Sith Lord) Ahmed Best can unite the community.

Not invested in Mando.
Can you believe half the seasons is already over?

The droid subplot is completely nonsensical and pointless/useless, showing unfocused writing and low-effort attempts to pad out episodes. This is worrying considering there is no ending planned for the characters yet. I really don't want the series to be stretched out by this quality of writing.

We went from this:

To this:
34b8639438a10aaec68046076f84e12e3881d4b3.gifv
196ac74db9689455fb019088b9980f0e15c9653b.gifv
f0771bcc07abacc57049358757191bbd3f83f67a.gifv
83636af1143f96aad5bc498c34ba33e540a50a44.gifv

Not a good sign. Can be confused for a genuine farce/parody.

Din was insistent on getting this junkyard droid fixed, rejecting the notion of getting an equivalent or better droid. Even after he was told its memory is unrecoverable Din was uncompromising on getting this specific droid fixed (but first he is decided to go to Mandalore's system, in order to ask Bo-Katan to 'join him', and then to Tatooine to resume his droid quest, before he returns back to Mandalore's system).
Next episode, he was instantly fine with replacing the assassin droid, and agrees to get a junk astromech. Why he wanted a droid so bad? So that a droid can 'scan' Mandalore's atmosphere to make sure it is breathable. Um... why wouldn't spaceships have this scanning ability by default (scanners can even detect life, and hand-held scanners can apparently track specific lifeforms across the galaxy as shown in the first season), and why not install this scanner on the ship or bring a hand-held scanner?

Grogu's integration is complete fanservice to sell merch; I can only imagine the confusion of people binging season 2 and moving into season 3. But maybe they are better off not watching Book of Boba Fett (and its biker gang) in full. The existence of timeskip (stated by Dave to last between 0 and 2 years) is not conveyed, so the finale of season 2 feels pointless. Showing us how both adapted to separation for a few episodes sounds much more compelling.

Children of the Watch is a major part of season 3, and their portrayal is the main reason I am not invested. They somehow combine desperation, with unrealistic rigidness and incredible incompetence. If what we've seen is the extent of their combat and tactical abilities, then no wonder Mandalore got wiped out.
They regularly get bodied by wildlife stumbling upon their base and directly threatening their younglings, and they don't prepare any meaningful defenses/countermeasures/combat tactics/protocols to mitigate this. Why would I care about them recolonizing Mandalore or whatever they want? As far as I know, their only goal is to wear helmets and carry weapons.

Religious practices usually have exceptions for extreme cases or change/evolve depending on practicality and feasibility, but for them redemption isn't mainly about having a change of heart (Din's character regresses since he learned it is fine to remove his helmet in previous seasons) but the physical ritual is the only thing that matters; if someone sees you without a helmet then you are screwed since there is no alternative for the living water which is believed to be inaccessible since no one checked on their home planet or used a scanner on it. Like they are thin in numbers, and are trying to recruit people; they have this really powerful veteran Mandalorian who has the Dark Saber, and they are like: "You can't join us there's no way to redeem yourself, get lost. We don't care about context!". No one relevant in the cult is willing to fudge practices, or even deceive, for the spread and growth of their movement, even though they are in the verge of extinction? Someone can easily argue: "You have the Dark Saber, so you are now like the King of Mandalore, and you are able to use the Dark Saber to redeem who you want" or "Surrender the Dark Saber in exchange of redemption".

When Din and Bo-Katan got their redemption, they didn't ask for context or ask them to reflection upon their actions either. If they had access to the holy waters of Mandalore, members can casually remove their helmets in front of others in defiance of their creed every other day, and then take a dip to 'redeem' themselves. There is no penance or penalty for removing the helmet as long as you can bathe in specific water. If they are so hardcore about it, it would make much more sense if members get branded for example for every time they remove their helmet in front of others as a deterrence.

Then there are the moments where Din is incompetent for tension, and the opponents conveniently wait for hours until the rescue party arrives before they begin executing their captives (Din was ignored until moments of Bo-Katan's arrival. A child was inside a raptor bird's stomach for hours from day till the dawn of the next day, and then the raptor bird regurgitates him to be fed to the chicks just after the rescue party took their time arriving).
Even after the timeskip Din can't swing the Darksaber properly, and his combat skills have been degraded to highlight that Bo-Katan is skillful. Also, Din fell down the living water because he didn't watch his step (could've made the Mythosaur drag him down), lol, and then got insta-KO'd for some reason.

Episode 3 was unironically the best episode of the season so far, and most of its run time is completely disconnected from Din, following that ex-Empire scientist who is really interested in cloning, but the New Republic finds cloning unethical but mind wipes are ethical. Wouldn't be surprised if it was an advertisement for a spin-off (please no sequel trilogy references though).

The beginning episodes of Bad Batch season 2 are 'mission of the week' side quests that don't do much to advance the plot (though they were interesting highlights like the pod racing episode, and rescuing a Wookie Jedi), but the last few episodes have been straight fire.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back