• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Star Wars Discussion Thread Canon/Legends- Episode V Attack of the Fanons

Status
Not open for further replies.
c4ddux1hyws21.png

anyone remember jerec?

Is there a probability that the force lightning have the characteristic of a normal lightning? I have found some things that indicate that it has ozone and of course feats of melting things by heat in Legends.

But is there any actual canon evidence other than twitching muscles and the power to melt things?

It would be great to see how the Sith and some Jedi can cast lightning with the heat of 27000 ° C
Yes. There is evidence for Force Lightning in Canon having the characteristics of natural lightning. I made a whole thread on it. Should be linked in the profiles of Dooku, Ventress, or Kenobi.

what’s your profile pic soldier blue?
Soldier Blue, a character from Toward the Terra, and this pic is specifically as he was portrayed in the 2007 anime series.

I think it's an anime version of a manga called Terra.

Edit: Terra E. I read it a while ago, and really should read it again.
I planned on making profiles, but never got around to it. I actually have some calcs and two written profiles in a word document somewhere in my Google Drive.

interesting
I highly recommend the 2007 anime series. It is quite good overall and the OST is one of the best I have ever heard from a short (24 episodes) anime series.

Yasuharu Takanashi is a genius.

It's a weird hobby, but I like looking through sci-fi to make profiles (I'm already planning some for the BSG reboot, the Ender's Game books, The Killing Star, Appleseed, LoGH, etc). So I'd be glad to help there.

It's a weird hobby, but I like looking through sci-fi to make profiles (I'm already planning some for the BSG reboot, the Ender's Game books, The Killing Star, Appleseed, LoGH, etc). So I'd be glad to help there.
I have a few feats that are relatively simple. Some are impressive, actually.

Might as well continue giving out impressive feats from the latest comics.

A damaged Lambda withstands this shit in the latest Star Wars 2020 comic.
I don't recognize these characters at all. What particular comic series is this from?

Asura i can't believe even in a futuristic world of star wars

there is still slavery. it's crazy.

why is that.
Only the Core Worlds are (for the most part) uniformly futuristic. Besides communication and hyperdrives, much of the mid-rim and outer-rim are backwater.

If anything, futuristic technology did kind of the opposite in Star Wars; they need huge sources of labour (which may or may not be significantly bolstered by droids, depending on the era) to sustain and expand their governments.

Also, the Star Wars Galaxy is far from a monolith. Many organisations, like the Trade Federation, are relatively young.

Only the Core Worlds are (for the most part) uniformly futuristic. Besides communication and hyperdrives, much of the mid-rim and outer-rim are backwater.

If anything, futuristic technology did kind of the opposite in Star Wars; they need huge sources of labour (which may or may not be significantly bolstered by droids, depending on the era) to sustain and expand their governments.

Also, the Star Wars Galaxy is far from a monolith. Many organisations, like the Trade Federation, are relatively young.
i'd rather have the trade federation

43ybbzqxdzyy.jpg

why is that.
Funny enough, that was the whole point of the plot in TPM. The republic is extremely complacent and corrupt. They are ignorant of events happening in worlds outside the center galactic power. It took the Clone Wars for the galaxy at large to start seein these things, but then the Empire happened.

Funny enough, that was the whole point of the plot in TPM. The republic is extremely complacent and corrupt. They are ignorant of events happening in worlds outside the center galactic power. It took the Clone Wars for the galaxy at large to start seein these things, but then the Empire happened.
i think the that's why the separatists are the good guys.

(when i say separatists i mean the people who truly believed in the movement. Not those corporation dudes)

and when i mean corporation dudes i mean these guys

separatist_council_by_totemos_daxbpbk-fullview.jpg

(when i say separatists i mean the people who truly believed in the movement. Not those corporation dudes)

They were good and bad on both sides. It's not something simple. But yes, there were many Separatists that legit wanted to help, and were killed for it.

why is that.
Outer Rims areas like Tatooine and places like that in that area don’t want anything to do with the Republic

You also have to keep in mind that the galaxy is so huge that it is almost impossible to police properly. And the intricate politics make stamping out piracy and slavery 100% extremely difficult to impossible. It's the reason why the galaxy sees civilian ships wielding weaponry on par with some warships and individuals lugging around military grade blasters.

The fact that the galaxy is so untamed and difficult to control is why you have private starships with enough firepower to flatten cities or even countries, and individuals carrying small arms with yields per shot of Megajoules to even Gigajoules (disruptors can atomize an adult humanoid, which is 3 Gigajoules as accepted in our wiki). It's also why you still have slavery.

The best way to describe the Star Wars galaxy would be to say that it is a mix of our world today and as it was during the 15th to 19th centuries, but even this is probably an oversimplification.

Heck, we still have slavery and maritime piracy in the world today in 2022.

People often shit on the CIS for being a corporate controlled puppet state, but the Republic was not much different. It was already a late stage capitalist society on it's way to Fascism by the time of Dooku: Jedi Lost (nine years before Phantom Menace) and even earlier in Legends.

Setting aside the ineffectiveness of the Republic at maintaining peace in all regions of the galaxy but the core worlds, colonies, and inner rim, they have also done some horrible stuff.

Their allying with tye Hutts in TCW comes to mind. Even Windu said it was a dark day for the Republic when that alliance was sealed.

When Krennic rescued the Erso family from Vallt (I think) he had his Venator bombard their capital city to dust. That planet was mostly peaceful and that city was beautiful.

it sounds interesting how the hutts were so physically powerful back then but now they just let others do the work for them.

Hutts are still physical powerhouses. They're easily at least as strong as Wookiees and we have canonical feats of one Hutt taking numerous E11 blaster rifle shots, proceeding to shit-stomp the Stormtroopers who were shooting her, and then carrying on with her day. They're physically 9-A and surprisingly fast. They're just lazy most of the time.

For those wondering about Tales of the Jedi:
Padawan Qui Gon Jinn will be voiced by Liam Neeson's son. Old Qui Gon Jinn will be voiced by Liam Neesons himself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back