• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spider-Man: No Way Home Discussion Thread - WITH SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmmmm, this is the first time I've seen a calc like this. I'll ask Spino to see if this is valid.
yeah i just came up with it while thinking of ways to calc it, if that doesn't work i could maybe try GBE or something? though that would probably not work since idk how you would use GBE to produce energy
Not necessarily sure about that, we don't know from which exact part of the protostar the power is being generated, and it's certainly not the outer physical layer that the claws are touching.
Fair enough

yeah i just came up with it while thinking of ways to calc it, if that doesn't work i could maybe try GBE or something? though that would probably not work since idk how you would use GBE to produce energy
Stars have a special type of GBE formula, which effectively you can't even use if you have no appropriate mass or polytrope number, and I'm not the guy that can do reverse-inverse square law to figure out a tiny sun's size.

I mean it should probably be the same as the upscaling formula but with dividing instead of multiplying
The reactor has a diameter of 3.6032 meters while the sun has a diameter of 1392700000 meters so the size difference is around 386195995.78 times
The mass of the sun is exactly 1 solar mass (using solar mass because google doesn't give me the number in exponents for this one)
1 : 386195995.78^3 = 1.73610782e-26 solar masses or around 34532.92 kilograms
which would actually be decently high into class 50 but wouldn't scale to anybody so that's pretty sad i think

I mean it should probably be the same as the upscaling formula but with dividing instead of multiplying
The reactor has a diameter of 3.6032 meters while the sun has a diameter of 1392700000 meters so the size difference is around 386195995.78 times
The mass of the sun is exactly 1 solar mass (using solar mass because google doesn't give me the number in exponents for this one)
1 : 386195995.78^3 = 1.73610782e-26 solar masses or around 34532.92 kilograms
which would actually be decently high into class 50 but wouldn't scale to anybody so that's pretty sad i think
Was more so talking about the energy yield, and not the GBE of the sun itself, but the energy it emits.

According to this the Sun releases 3.846e+26 W, which is 3.846e+26 joules per second.

3.846e+26/(1392700000/3.6032)^3= 6.66042066527 W or 6.66042066527 J/s, which makes no sense at all, given that the smaller 0.4239 m wide sun punched out a 1000 megawatt surplus.

Okay so bad news, Ock doesn't scale, he never touched the fully-grown 3.6032 meter version and only pulled it down by the supports without ever touching the outer barrier, all thanks to Spider-Man distracting him for the entire duration of the protostar's growth period, most likely it had already started being self-sustaining.

Okay so bad news, Ock doesn't scale, he never touched the fully-grown 3.6032 meter version and only pulled it down by the supports without ever touching the outer barrier, all thanks to Spider-Man distracting him for the entire duration of the protostar's growth period.
Absolutely Incredible
He could still scale to the slightly larger 1st reactor since i believe it did grow by a slight amount before being shut off, and Ock did maintain contact with it up until he got knocked out by it
Though the result would probably be pretty low

Absolutely Incredible
He could still scale to the slightly larger 1st reactor since i believe it did grow by a slight amount before being shut off, and Ock did maintain contact with it up until he got knocked out by it
Though the result would probably be pretty low
1000 megawatts surplus is roughly 1000 megajoules per second, 9-A+. Completely useless.

Like Sir Marvulous said, Ock scales over twice as much as the first protostar's energy output.
Again that is true and basically what i mean
The reactor grew a little bit during the lab scene but unless it grew over 2.34 times it's original size the output would be inferior to the value Ock scales to currently

That being said, the Protostar should prolly be re-classified as environmental destruction. Whole point of the damn star was that Ock could never control it or its power. Aaaaaaaaaaaand the Low 7-B value it has is just guesstimation and does not do justice to the actual damage it would do, it'd be effectively gargantuan.

Total area of New York City is 1223.59 km^2. Pete said that if the second machine was made, MJ would die with half of New York, so half that area is 611.795 km^2.

Put the area into this and you get a radius of 13955 m.
  • W = R^3 * ((27136 * P+8649)^(1/2)/13568-93/13568)^2, where W is the yield in tons of TNT, R is the radius in meters, and P is the shockwave pressure in bars, where we generally use 1.37895 bars or 20 psi of pressure
W = 13955^3 * ((27136 * 1.37895+8649)^(1/2)/13568-93/13568)^2= 218411266.76 tons of TNT or 218.41126676 megatons of TNT (Mountain level)

Probable
Actually since Doc Ock got pulled into the MCU before he could drown his reactor does that mean it actually destroyed NY?

Last edited:
I just had a thought
Since Ned has like magic and stuff now could he have a legit profile on here? he plays a big role in the Spider-Man movies and besides creating portals he's also pretty smart

Probable
Actually since Doc Ock got pulled into the MCU before he could drown his reactor does that mean it actually destroyed NY?
He probably got sent back at the exact point in time, like how it was explained in Endgame.

By the way regarding Norman's glider slicing Ock's arm, it also took like a couple of people combined to restrain it iirc so I guess it's kinda strong?

Raimi Peter when Doc Ock suddenly disappears and gets sent to the MCU after trying to choke him, leaving him all alone to deal with his unstable fusion reactor
IMG_20220103_184500.jpg

Maybe Peter would be smart enough to figure out he has to drown the reactor, but he would still sacrifice himself which would leave all SM3 villains (except for probably Harry) free to do whatever they want

Raimi Peter when Doc Ock suddenly disappears and gets sent to the MCU after trying to choke him, leaving him all alone to deal with his unstable fusion reactor
IMG_20220103_184500.jpg
Ock most likely got transported back right where he had Peter by his throat, and now knowing what he can do with the arc reactor, blasts into the pillars and walks home to most likely surrender himself to the cops. Pete prolly reverse-engineers the Arc Reactor and SM3 plays out as is, but with the Arc Reactor in the mix.

Maybe Peter would be smart enough to figure out he has to drown the reactor, but he would still sacrifice himself which would leave all SM3 villains (except for probably Harry) free to do whatever they want
Eh, Peter's webs have pretty long range, but I'd be more worried about the wall falling on MJ.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back