• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Spider-Man: No Way Home Discussion Thread - WITH SPOILERS

Status
Not open for further replies.
Young Avengers.... [Strangled Choking Sounds]
monsters-inc-sulley.gif

I just realised since Spidey in the MCU has kinda lost his status as of the end of NWH should he be moved from the Avengers category to the Other Heroes category in the MCU verse page?
Spider-Man is still technically an Avenger because only Peter Parker was erased from memory. If you wanna run with the logic that the Avengers are no longer a thing, then apply that to others and not just Peter.

Spider-Man is still technically an Avenger because only Peter Parker was erased from memory. If you wanna run with the logic that the Avengers are no longer a thing, then apply that to others and not just Peter.
I mean as of right now we don't really know if the Avengers are going to come back or not so I don't think that'd call for the whole category to be done away with but I think there's a case for maybe switching Spideys category

I mean as of right now we don't really know if the Avengers are going to come back or not so I don't think that'd call for the whole category to be done away with but I think there's a case for maybe switching Spideys category
The category doesn't need to be done away with, it's just that they're no longer a solidified group

The category doesn't need to be done away with, it's just that they're no longer a solidified group
Maybe for heroes that are currently active and no longer in the Avengers they should be moved to Other Heroes, tbh it seems pretty tedious to do that and it'd make the Avengers category pretty vacant so yeh maybe there's no point to changing it

I'm... not so sure about that. Lizard was encased in Andrew's webbing and that still didn't do jackshit to restrain him, he evetually tore it apart like paper within the amount of time it took for Gwen to be safely dropped out of the window. Peter on the other hand, got repeatedly overpowered by Lizard multiple times and couldn't sing a tune to save his own life.
Well in NWH it restrained him 🤷‍♂️
Though I can't speak much of TASM1, I've seen it like twice, when it came out, don't remember much besides the end stuff and Norman being a cop.

Though I can't speak much of TASM1, I've seen it like twice, when it came out, don't remember much besides the end stuff and Norman being a cop.
NWH was the TASM2 suit so it most likely got upgrades.

Then again Gwen cut through it with a knife so IDK 🤷‍♂️

We gonna have a separate LS rating for webbing, right?
ye, but there will also be a distinction as to what LS belongs solely to the webs and what LS belongs to Spidey.

Chances are, if Spidey's pulling something with his web and isn't shooting any extra webbing elsewhere, it's him and him all alone, like that Santa Maria Formosa feat. Basically the webs act as an anchor point so that he can grab onto something.

The train scene is definitely webbing.

All three Spider-Men are equal in AP and LS, but what about the LS of their webbing?
Singular web threads will be equal to their physical LS, larger web threads will prolly be equal to the best stuff they have held onto.

MCU Spidey's webs with multiple shots held the Spirit of America ferry from tearing itself apart, but on the single shots alone, he can web up pretty large structures like the Santa Maria Formosa he webbed up so that he could have an easier time to hold it back from tipping to the side.

Ignoring the Gwen PIS stuff, Spider-Man pokes two holes in his webbing with his fingers. Surprised no one's brought that up

Ignoring the Gwen PIS stuff, Spider-Man pokes two holes in his webbing with his fingers. Surprised no one's brought that up
Or pretty much every strong-ass villain he fights tearing through his web.

Though I should say, his web was for pulling a jet, which would have its LS nerfed due to the friction coefficient, versus if it was actually having a plane being suspended in mid-air like the cars he hung off on the bridge.

I am also surprised that no one bothered to calc Spidey stopping the bus and armoured truck combo within that dilated timeframe.

My thoughts exactly regarding the crash he stopped
It's a pretty impressive LS feat and if NWH weren't a thing, it would be a decent-ish 9-B feat that would at the very least scale way above what he had for Electro's old calcs even with the shockwaves sending cars and ambulances flying and shit.

Huh, yeah the fact he stopped in not only like a half second, but a half second under the effects of slow motion (iirc) would drastically pump it up. As the timeframe wouldn't actually be a half second, it'd be way less.

There's a JoJo and MGS feat like that, both Class M so probably good to look into that.

Huh, yeah the fact he stopped in not only like a half second, but a half second under the effects of slow motion (iirc) would drastically pump it up. As the timeframe wouldn't actually be a half second, it'd be way less.
Actually, I checked and Spidey took roughly 2 seconds to stop it in real time, he only viewed the crash in slow motion and started seeing everything in real time immediately as he lands on the ground. Still impressive, mind you, better than any of the shit that we originally had.

It's a pretty impressive LS feat and if NWH weren't a thing, it would be a decent-ish 9-B feat that would at the very least scale way above what he had for Electro's old calcs even with the shockwaves sending cars and ambulances flying and shit.
Yeah people don't address enough, but TASM2 is a lot more exaggerated with its feats than its given credit for

Heads up about the Integrated Suit. While this doesn't particularly matter, the renders we have right now are concept images from toys and other promotional material that aren't completely accurate. Maybe trim this to make a render since it's a shot from the movie itself?

i dont see the point in that as while the current ones we have are from toys, they're better than just cropping an image from the movie, causing it to not only look low quality but pose being odd

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back