• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Sonic Spin Dash Adjustment

A very simple change. It just adjusts the currently accepted multiplier according to some minor details I forgot. My original calc didn't account for the zig-zag Sonic did on the stairs or the fact the robot I was directly comparing his speed to was moving several times faster than the other ones due to carrying some of amped Sonic's momentum. Raises the result by a little over 5x. Obviously I had it evaluated and reevaluated before making this. So no need to worry about that.

And before anyone asks, NO, this isn't calc-stacking. EVERY value used is from the exact same scene/moment.

Agree: 12 (@Gilad_Hyperstar, @omegabronic, @The_Axiom_of_Virgo, @GlaceonGamez471, @Fezzih_007, @KingTempest, @CloverDragon03, @ShakeResounding, @Remus1998, @Eseseso, @Starter_Pack)
Neutral: 1 (@JJSliderman, @Theuser789)
Disagree:

Last edited:
Y'all addicted to speed gets some help.

I've still got some personal reservations about cross-scaling Prime to the "main" continuity but for the time being this seems fine to me.

Admittedly my reservations stem from my lack of knowledge regarding the methodology used, so I guess I’ll remain neutral.

Admittedly my reservations stem from my lack of knowledge regarding the methodology used, so I guess I’ll remain neutral.
It basically just measures how much distance Sonic covered compared to the bots in the same timeframe. You divide the distance Sonic covered by the distance the robots covered to get how many times faster he has to be to do that.

Yeah, I guess I’m just not sure why one robot moving faster after Sonic hit it means that the actual speed gap increased.

Yeah, I guess I’m just not sure why one robot moving faster after Sonic hit it means that the actual speed gap increased.
Ohhhhh. It's because Sonic made the robot look slow in comparison to himself. Despite said robot moving 5x faster than the rest due to carrying a portion of Sonic's momentum after being impacted. So him covering much more distance than that robot in the same timeframe would be a lot more impressive than if he were moving the same speed as the rest of the robots. It's basically like viewing a guy moving at 10 m/s in slow-mo vs seeing a guy moving at 50 m/s moving in slow mo. The latter is far more impressive. 5x more impressive.

Ohhhhh. It's because Sonic made the robot look slow in comparison to himself. Despite said robot moving 5x faster than the rest due to carrying a portion of Sonic's momentum after being impacted. So him covering much more distance than that robot in the same timeframe would be a lot more impressive than if he were moving the same speed as the rest of the robots. It's basically like viewing a guy moving at 10 m/s in slow-mo vs seeing a guy moving at 50 m/s moving in slow mo. The latter is far more impressive. 5x more impressive.
Ah, thank you.

Actually now I’m wondering why you multiply the distance the robot Sonic hit moved by the original value to get this new one

Actually now I’m wondering why you multiply the distance the robot Sonic hit moved by the original value to get this new one
Multiply the distance? I just multiplied the result by 5x. Since to statue someone moving 5x faster than the other robots, that'd have to be his speed.

But how can Sonic statue something when it’s moving with the speed he’s currently using.
Or maybe I’m just misunderstanding the concept here, in the short burst where the robot is moving faster than the other ones it seems to be moving at equivalent speed to Sonic.

But how can Sonic statue something when it’s moving with the speed he’s currently using.
It's not carrying ALL of Sonic's momentum. Just a portion of it. So he's moving faster than the other robots, but slower than Sonic. If it absorbed all of Sonic's momentum, he would have lost all speed and stopped immediately. But he still carried enough to hit several other robots without any significant change to his speed.

Oh I see, so the calc is determining how fast Sonic would have gone if he didn’t hit anything, and the fact that something partially charged with his speed after contact is 5x faster than everything else means his speed without sacrificing any momentum is 5x above the speed he achieves in the clip.

Oh I see, so the calc is determining how fast Sonic would have gone if he didn’t hit anything, and the fact that something partially charged with his speed after contact is 5x faster than everything else means his speed without sacrificing any momentum is 5x above the speed he achieves in the clip.
That IS one way you could actually interpret it actually. That's now how I would've explained it, but since that is one valid way to view it, I'll simply leave it at that.

Back