• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
the tittle says it all, keep it simple

note: following the format that the power scaling blog for the verse uses

Adventure era upgrade​

it is said that sonic and shadow "moved faster than what sonic ever did before" with an emphasis that it is with their own running, so simple enough they should upscale from classic sonic's spin dash and super peel out with their base speed, becoming this:

Base Speed: > 426.18204c (Massively FTL)
  • Other: 744.5184c (Massively FTL), with the Lightspeed Dash), > 23330.9095978c (MFTL+) with the Spin Dash

Frontiers upgrade​

similar case to above, sonic in frontiers is said to have "run faster than he ever had to before" as such we should do similarly to above, but here is the thing, in forces outside of the normal boost sonic can perform the double and triple boosts, which as the name suggests is just him using 2 and 3 boosts at the same time with a partner, since the boost is an accepted multiplier, they would stack, which results in this much 164332.465996824, since sonic scale above these amps in speed by the time of frontiers, it becomes this:

Base Speed: > 12.024833469716467 Septillion c (MFTL+)
  • Other: > 658.2874834661582 Septillion c (MFTL+) With Sonic's Boost.

The Murder of Sonic the hedgehog​

yeah this game has some interesting things:

Espio stuff​

Mind Reading (was able to tell what someone was thinking about him by "communicating through the subconscious")

adding to his skill we have the fact that he is "fluent in 17 different languages", that he can quickly read a book and memorize it and that blaze considers him "particularly skilled"

Sonic AD suff​

Sonic grew really fast in this game in power, he went from needing "more than a few hits" to destroy a metal door to one shoting it, all in the spam of a few short minutes, now "a few" has to mean more than 2, so i will consider it 3, that makes sonic grow 3 times from previously, since this game happens after frontiers, it leaves us with this:
  • AP: > 1.92 Foe (High 4-C), > 2.30 Foe (High 4-C) with Phantom Rush
  • AP (4-A): > 27.6 ZettaFoe (3-C), > 33.12 ZettaFoe (3-C) with Phantom Rush

Edit: Tails, Rouge and Blaze chaos stuff​

forgot to put this earlier, it is implied that they could use chaos control if they had an Emerald with them, so they should gain the abilities of chaos control

Edit 2: Blazey more​

As pointed out by @Fireld has further evidence of being able to use it, as shhe was the one to explain to Silver how the chaos emerald works, also she straight up used Chaos Control to seal iblis in her and then to seal herself in another dimension

New upgrade for numerous chars​

Shadow, Vector, Espio, Amy, Tails, Rouge and Blaze could all keep up with sonic and competently fight alongside him in defeating the final boss of the game, so they should all gain new keys scaling them to Post frontiers Sonic

Agree: @LordGriffin1000 (everything, but it is unsure about the 3x multiplier) @Theuser789 (agrees with the "The Murder Of Sonic the hedgehog" additions) @LaserPrecision @ShakeResounding (neutral on the new keys and frontiers speed upgrade proposals, agrees with everything else)

Disagree: @JJSliderman (disagrees with the speed stuff) @Sparkive (on the AD multiplier and the scaling for the characters in "The Murder Of Sonic the hedgehog" exept for amy)

Neutral:

Last edited:
Disagree with the speed stuff, being “faster than ever before” should not mean Sonic is as fast as his speed amps in base by default. The same result can be achieved by Sonic being faster in base compared to his previous base, making his max speed “faster than ever before”. And I don’t think double or triple boost are necessarily 2 or 3x as fast as a normal boost, and I definitely don’t see why Sonic scales above triple boost.

AP stuff seems fine though, although I’m not sure if level 99 Sonic is canon.

Disagree with the speed stuff, being “faster than ever before” should not mean Sonic is as fast as his speed amps in base by default.
he is said to be going faster than ever before, so he should be faster then is previous fastest, which is with the amps, the adventure 2 even specifies that they are going that fast with their own running

The same result can be achieved by Sonic being faster in base compared to his previous base, making his max speed “faster than ever before”.
nope, since the base speed is said to be him going faster than ever before

And I don’t think double or triple boost are necessarily 2 or 3x as fast as a normal boost
3 boosts combined, 3 multipliers used at once, it would be that fast since that is how multipliers work

AP stuff seems fine though, although I’m not sure if level 99 Sonic is canon.
Already accepted, no point in discussing that here

Going faster than ever before can still be done by saying their overall speed is superior to their previous overall speed, them doing it via running doesn’t mean it applies to base.

And triple boost is just three characters boosting at the same time, it doesn’t mean that each character has 3x the normal boost power

Going faster than ever before can still be done by saying their overall speed is superior to their previous overall speed, them doing it via running doesn’t mean it applies to base.
Yes it does, doing via their normal run means that it applies, since it is faster than ever before by normal running

And triple boost is just three characters boosting at the same time, it doesn’t mean that each character has 3x the normal boost power
Their are combining 3 boosts into one making them 3 go faster, they are all going far faster then what they would with a regular boost

They go at exactly the same speed in game though.

And also the link for them doing it via running doesn’t take you directly to the source.

What are your talking about?
I’m talking about how the double boost is the same speed as the normal boost in gameplay, just more powerful by virtue of the surface area of the boost being larger.

Part of me also feels like the standards for what is considered acceptable scaling are a little lax if it’s entirely based off promotional advertising not made by the creators of the game themselves, and just SEGA’s general advertising branch. It doesn’t even say they “run faster” than they ever have before, just move faster.

I’m talking about how the double boost is the same speed as the normal boost in gameplay, just more powerful by virtue of the surface area of the boost being larger.
No it isn't, no idea where you got that from double boost is far faster theb normal boost, but also are you really using gameply over logic here? Why would the combination of 2 boosts be equal to 1 boost? How does that make any sense?

Part of me also feels like the standards for what is considered acceptable scaling are a little lax if it’s entirely based off promotional advertising not made by the creators of the game themselves
It is aproved by the creators and it is official promotional material, no problem with it

, and just SEGA’s general advertising branch.
which invalidates it how?

It doesn’t even say they “run faster” than they ever have before, just move faster.
The difference in those 2 being? They mean the same thing, the text specifies that it is by their own running, even specifying shadow's rocket shoes as what is making him go that fast

I only agree with some bits, though I really think this thread should have waited since we had multipliers and evidence we were compiling for CRT's.

Adventure era upgrade​

it is said that sonic and shadow "moved faster than what sonic ever did before" with an emphasis that it is with their own running, so simple enough they should upscale from classic sonic's spin dash and super peel out with their base speed, becoming this:

• Other: 744.5184c Massively FTL, with the Lightspeed Dash), > 23330.9095978c (MFTL+) with the Spin Dash
Agree. Moving faster than ever before would mean they were running at a speed faster than Sonic has ever moved in any way before. However, the link you're using doesn't link to a specific picture. Just the Sonic Wikipedia.
So not sure if I agree 100% on that yet.
similar case to above, sonic in frontiers is said to have "run faster than he ever had to before" as such we should do similarly to above, but here is the thing, in forces outside of the normal boost sonic can perform the double and triple boosts, which as the name suggests is just him using 2 and 3 boosts at the same time with a partner, since the boost is an accepted multiplier, they would stack, which results in this much 164332.465996824, since sonic scale above these amps in speed by the time of frontiers, it becomes this:

I agree with the premise of him running faster than ever before, but I don't agree with Triple Boost being 3x the normal boost. It's called triple boost because it's three people boosting. Not because it's 3x faster.

However... you actually can argue it's faster, as Sonic stated he couldn't have escaped Null Space without Rookie. Meaning him boosting alone wouldn't have been enough to escape. So it being 3x faster does have merit admittedly.

Sonic AD suff​

Sonic grew really fast in this game in power, he went from needing "more than a few hits" to destroy a metal door to one shoting it, all in the spam of a few short minutes, now "a few" has to mean more than 2, so i will consider it 3, that makes sonic grow 3 times from previously, since this game happens after frontiers, it leaves us with this:
This makes sense and is rather small. But was the door not perhaps weakened from the previous blows?

I only agree with some bits, though I really think this thread should have waited since we had multipliers and evidence we were compiling for CRT's.
Sorry for that

Agree. Moving faster than ever before would mean they were running at a speed faster than Sonic has ever moved in any way before. However, the link you're using doesn't link to a specific picture. Just the Sonic Wikipedia.
So not sure if I agree 100% on that yet.
Should i upload it on the wiki then?

I agree with the premise of him running faster than ever before, but I don't agree with Triple Boost being 3x the normal boost. It's called triple boost because it's three people boosting. Not because it's 3x faster.
yeah, which would make them have the speed of 3 boosts at once as they are combining 3 boosts at once

This makes sense and is rather small. But was the door not perhaps weakened from the previous blows?
Not really, sonic gave it one blow and still said that he would require a few more hits after that one to destroy it, the logic stays the same

Sorry for that
It's alright. The other multipliers can always wait. I'd just suggest communication with the others in advance next time (Perhaps letting you into the server would be a sollution).
Should i upload it on the wiki then?
Preferably, as I couldn't find the scan you were referring to.
Not really, sonic gave it one blow and still said that he would require a few more hits after that one to destroy it, the logic stays the same
So Sonic just believed it would take a few more hits? I suppose the multiplier could work if one of his attacks did zero damage to the door.

It's alright. The other multipliers can always wait. I'd just suggest communication with the others in advance next time (Perhaps letting you into the server would be a sollution).
I would like that very much

Preferably, as I couldn't find the scan you were referring to.
Ok here is the scan btw
So Sonic just believed it would take a few more hits? I suppose the multiplier could work if one of his attacks did zero damage to the door.
Then it works then, we can see that the door suffered zero to no damage

The difference in those 2 being? They mean the same thing, the text specifies that it is by their own running, even specifying shadow's rocket shoes as what is making him go that fast
The text only states their general movement is faster than before, it doesn’t explicitly say that the running is what’s faster than anything Sonic has achieved before.

I'd recommend dm'ing shake about it since it's his server.
Ok

Doesn't work. You need to upload the picture to an image hosting site like imgur or postimages.com and then send it here for it to be viewable.
Done

The text only states their general movement is faster than before, it doesn’t explicitly say that the running is what’s faster than anything Sonic has achieved before.
That is litterally what it is saying, it even specifies that the way they are doing it is via their normal running

What I think of this part (I'm not a sonic expert either, so I'll just say this and disappear):

Sonic AD suff​

Why?
The first is a casual sonic, the second is a sonic that "with one BIG wind up" gets enough speed to break the door with a spindash (i.e. charge more his attack).
Shadow, Vector, Espio, Amy, Tails, Rouge and Blaze could all keep up with sonic and competently fight alongside him in defeating the final boss of the game, so they should all gain new keys scaling them to Post frontiers Sonic
This is the sequence of events of the fight against the train:
That is to say, no one has yet been able to hit the train:
In gameplay you only see Sonic, by history they don't seem to have done anything most of the time if at the beginning they only reach the train and one blow was what was needed to open it, and although we see sonic attacking the train, the final objective was take away the bird, not destroying the train , and even so... even if they did hit him, do we know if they would have hurt him?
Leaving this aside, Amy would still scale, because even though she hit the train at the moment the train wouldn't have what gave it energy... it did more damage than anyone else, and that with a backup hammer, lighter than the one she usually use.

Couldn’t you argue the spindash uses legs to some degree.
No, you can't because it doesn't, You can't make this argument for shadow anyway

What I think of this part (I'm not a sonic expert either, so I'll just say this and disappear):

Why?
The first is a casual sonic, the second is a sonic that "with one BIG wind up" gets enough speed to break the door with a spindash (i.e. charge more his attack).
Sonic is anything but casual, his friends got kidnaped and are going to eggman's base, he is serious there, also sonic used the spin dash in the first and still did nothing to the door

Which proves that the other doors are stronger than the first one

• this combined with the fact that the train isn't that big should allow enough time for them to either follow it, or not follow it or go for some lemonade or IDK...
They are all running alongside sonic and keept up with him and the train in the final battle

• If they could keep up with their speed, it would be in the fight with the train, not in the section of sonic accumulating rings to break doors.
They are all keeping up with him and they all arrived at the same time to the conductor car

This is the sequence of events of the fight against the train:
That is to say, no one has yet been able to hit the train
but the train is trowing obstacles at them, so they must be able to survive it

Blaze specifically says "let us show this train our full power" with several dialogue saying that they are fighting it together, the story implies that they are all fighting alongside one another in that instance
https://youtu.be/wHjDwWkC2FY?t=7072
In gameplay you only see Sonic
by story we see others

by history they don't seem to have done anything most of the time
blaze and the others say otherwise

if at the beginning they only reach the train and one blow was what was needed to open it, and although we see sonic attacking the train, the final objective was take away the bird, not destroying the train , and even so... even if they did hit him, do we know if they would have hurt him?
sonic always does that to liberate a bird from a badnick, no reason for him to not do that here, if the train was less durable then sonic's ap he could just easily destroy it and liberate the bird, but that was not what happened, even the train's doors are a chalange to him, so the train must also be by default

Leaving this aside, Amy would still scale, because even though she hit the train at the moment the train wouldn't have what gave it energy... it did more damage than anyone else, and that with a backup hammer, lighter than the one she usually use.
So amy upscales, neat

For the moving faster than ever before, I think it's fine. Most of the other stuff seems fine as well but I'm unsure on the sonic AD stuff as I don't think we do multipliers like that.

For the moving faster than ever before, I think it's fine. Most of the other stuff seems fine as well but I'm unsure on the sonic AD stuff as I don't think we do multipliers like that.
i personally don't a problem with it, but even if you are not sure on the multiplier itself, you still agree that it should be listed as AD?

the tittle says it all, keep it simple

note: following the format that the power scaling blog for the verse uses

Adventure era upgrade​

• Other: 744.5184c (Massively FTL), with the Lightspeed Dash), > 23330.9095978c (MFTL+) with the Spin Dash
Don't see why this isn't already a thing. I agree

Frontiers upgrade​

Neutral

The Murder of Sonic the hedgehog​

yeah this game has some interesting things:

Espio stuff​

Mind Reading (was able to tell what someone was thinking about him by "communicating through the subconscious")

adding to his skill we have the fact that he is "fluent in 17 different languages", that he can quickly read a book and memorize it and that blaze considers him "particularly skilled"
Straightforward

Sonic AD suff​

Strikes by their lonesome aren't multiplicative like that. The wiki doesn't treat 10 shots as 10 times the AP of 1 shot without further context

Edit: Tails, Rouge and Blaze chaos stuff​

forgot to put this earlier, it is implied that they could use chaos control if they had an Emerald with them, so they should gain the abilities of chaos control

New upgrade for numerous chars​

Straightforward

About time my boys Shadow and Knuckles get this shit

Strikes by their lonesome aren't multiplicative like that. The wiki doesn't treat 10 shots as 10 times the AP of 1 shshot
Not the point i am making, he says that he would need few more hits to get passed, as in the power of a few more hits, which he just one shotted later, making his hit now>>>multiple hits from him earlier

Not the point i am making, he says that he would need few more hits to get passed, as in the power of a few more hits, which he just one shotted later, making his hit now>>>multiple hits from him earlier
Sonic could've also been running off the drug from earlier. Not only that but treating breaking down metal doors with any level of importance for a character as strong as Sonic is stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back