• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Son Goku fights the God of Thunder (12-16-0).

I wasn't asking them to be discounted, i just disagreed with them, i'm fine with them since they don't seem to go against the character's pages.

Dragomer said:
I wasn't asking them to be discounted, i just disagreed with them, i'm fine with them since they don't seem to go against the character's pages.
Warrior Madness kinda does and supports my point at the same time. Thor can temporarily increase his strength and stamina tenfold at the expense of his sanity. In this berserker state he attacks friends and foes alike.Because of this, he has almost never used this ability.

I mean even if he does he doesn't use hax in his state and the skill gap gets wider. And Thor has no way of telling he is out match in tell he is already getting punched in the face.Like it wouldn't make a difference.

He uses his hax because SBA does away with CIS, and "the skill gap gets wider" best of luck because skillstomping 3 masters with millenias of experience without getting hit once is what he's trying to beat.

Also speed equalized so no, hell AP gap is minorish so he won't be disoriented by a feckin pawnch.

AKM sama said:
No, because OOC.
OOC? He's using it in a void with no one around for him to hurt. Why doesn't he use it? He has completely no hesitation to use it, hell he uses it in a similiar scenario like this prior

Zark, can you please drop the needless rudeness in your tone?

SBA dictates the fight is happening in New York, so I don't get why you're bringing up an empty void. Also CIS is character induced stupidity, Thor isn't being stupid when he's not using Warrior's Madness 99% of time. It means it's not in his character to use it. CIS would be something like Goku dropping his guard mid-battle and such.

' He uses his hax because SBA does away with CiS

It doesn't make you use OOC abilities in a OOC state. He has never used he's hax in this state.

Years of Experience means little against a character with superior skil feats.

The AP gap is 10x apparently

Thor won't go Warrior Madness. Not only would that cost him his sanity and make him unable to recognize friend from foe but it's also a sin on Asgard that is punishable by death. Thor ain't ever going to go Warrior's Madness unless he's bloodlusted.

As for using his hax, it's only in the more recent decades that Thor doesn't really use it. If you look at his older appearences, he was a lot more trigger happy with it to solve a problem or end a fight. Personally, I strike a balance between the two portrayls when debating. Thor will start with basic lighting and physical blows but if that doesn't work or doesn't seem as effective, he would start using the hax.

My two cents.

Omegas03 said:
Spidey stomped Goku.

Thor is about to win against Goku.

Supes is about to incon against Goku.

EDIT: GT Goku is losing against Chou Goku.

Spidey >>>>> Thor > Supes >>>> GT Goku.
Nobody should misunderstand Spidey

I always knew the spider sense is a very powerful ability

Years of experience isn't a good enough reason to give him the win. Goku reached Beerus' level in a couple of years, and Beerus is hundreds of millions of years old. The gap between them was quite literally infinite lol. Goku is an absolute prodigy. He's a friggin walking talking plot device lmao.

And 10x+ AP gap doesn't sound all that minor to me personally.

Megingjord doesn't Drain him that much, also all of Goku's Ki blast would get absorbed by Mjolnir, so he wouldn't be able to use any of his Ki techniques, and unless Goku uses his Ssj3, he'll get seriously injured by Thor's Thermo-Blast.

Warrior madness Thor was able to keep up with both the Silver surfer and Beta ray bill at the same time even with his Skill disadvantage, and he'll have the AP advantage in this Form even against Ssj3 goku, Unless Ssj3 Goku is above 8k KiloFoe

Goku IS in SS3 in this fight. And that makes him at least over 2.5K KiloFoe. And again if he finds his Ki attacks getting absorbed he'll just stop using them and stick to H2H where he'll have a massive advantage due to power and skill. Also the belt only doubles his strength yes? That's not enough to close the gap anyway.

Goku Starts at Base, and with Goku not being able to use his Ki blast, Thor would likely spam his Lightning to keep Goku at bay, like what he did to Hulk like 5 times, and Thor would likely use his Thermo-Blast if he's getting overpowered, also Thor was able to come up with plans that fooled Loki or Malekith, so he could do the same to Goku if he wanted to

Goku is also a combat genius who has enhanced senses and analytical prediction strong enough to counter Time Stop, he's not getting caught off guard here. And if Thor spams lightning to Keep a distance, Goku can immediately close the gap using teleportation so it's not an issue. Again all he has to do is get a few good hits in and it's over.

A willing to kill Goku won't start at base. He'd most probably become SSJ2 right off the bat.

Thor also has enhanced senses and was able to make plans that can fool even Loki

Thor would be forced into Warrior Madness if he's getting overpowered,and would still have the range advantage in this form, and he could still end Goku without it with his Thermo-Blast

Adem Warlock69 said:
Thor also has enhanced senses and was able to make plans that can fool even Loki

Thor would be forced into Warrior Madness if he's getting overpowered,and would still have the range advantage in this form, and he could still end Goku without it with his Thermo-Blast
Warrior's madness would literally remove all of Thor's win conditions and essentially make Goku's victory certain FRA.

Goku can still use he's invisible shockwave eye blast he doesn't only have Ki attacks. Even with that said he could easily land a instant transmission kamehameha and use solar flare. Sliver Surfer is terrible at H2H and Beta Ray Bill hasn't show skill close to Goku

Also, Goku would likely start with a powerful Ki blast to Kill Thor, like what he did to Frieza when he wanted him dead, and if he does that, Thor would absorb it's power and would have the AP advantage

The very first thing Goku did to Frieza was try to punch him.... A full power blast off start is OOC for Goku

Adem Warlock69 said:
Also, Goku would likely start with a powerful Ki blast to Kill Thor, like what he did to Frieza when he wanted him dead, and if he does that, Thor would absorb it's power and would have the AP advantage
This version of Goku doesn't mess around at all. He actually goes in for the kill and doesn't let his guard down. And the Frieza argument is moot because he was close to Frieza in power, but here he's a lot stronger. And again Goku's not gonna spam ki attacks if they get absorbed, again he's not stupid. Thermo blast can be dodged because of Teleportation. Instant Kamehameha=Instant victory even with amped Thor.

Also even if he starts out in base it doesn't matter because in the manga Base Goku was able to tank hits from Fused Zamasu who's 3-B+ and was able to fight Ikari Broly in the movie which is canon to the manga. Broly is 3-A btw. So yeah he's not getting one-shot jn base. Not to mention that he can sense Thor's energy and transform right away as he does even against fodder in the manga.

Random Ki blasts wouldn't be strong enough to give Thor an advantage. They're far too weak, and Goku wouldn't use them AFTER they get absorbed, at which point he'll go h2h and save his energy for a Kamehameha finisher. Goku isn't even known to spam Ki attacks anyway he prefers H2H.

As for AOE attacks Goku has barriers and with AP advantage can tank almost anything Thor throws his way no problem.

Well if he gets too close and starts fighting H2H, Thor would activate The Thermo-Blast and at least knock him out (because of its massive scaling chain above Thor) or Goku would overwhelm Thor to the point that he enters Warrior madness and then Thor would overwhelm Goku like what Buu did, Warrior madness Thor can still use his absorption and God-Blast, and Still has enough Skill to keep up with Beta Ray Bill (who's Skill is comparable to Base Thor) and Thanos

Unless the Thermo blast is like 20x above Thor I don't see it having any major effect. And please do keep in mind that the Kamehameha is also far above Goku's normal AP as well, as we saw in the fights vs Cell and Buu. Not to mention dodging won't be an issue at all using Teleportation with Universal range.

It's above an attack that can one shot someone who can one shot Thor

The Kamehameha a big no no, If he does it, It would get absorbed by Thor, and Thor would have the AP advantage

and dodging wouldn't change much, as Goku Still needs to get close to Thor to damage him

I'll address some points here:

>Goku leads with a full Power energy blast, Thor absorbs and gets the AP advantage.

Obviously out of character for Goku. At the most he"ll get one small attack absorbed and after that he ain't going to use another, he can perfectly resort to H2H.

>Goku will start in SSJ3.

He has the AP advantage in SSJ so he won't go for SSJ3.

>Thermo Blast will severely harm Goku

Goku can dodge, and even then he could transform into SSJ3 which has a really huge gap over Thor and idk if he is getting harmed. He can also counter attack or IT.

>Warrior Madness

As said before, entirely OOC for Thor. Even then, SSJ3 Goku would likely massively overwhelm him H2H as the AP gap won't be that big.

What are the other Thor's arguments?

Back