• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Son Goku fights the God of Thunder (12-16-0).

I'm Blue daba dee daba die said:
Wait, what's so bad about the DBZ Anime
W e l l , since you asked... ovo

Makes an entire list of all the things it portrayed horribly compared to the manga, how the dub in particular effd up many of the plot points and changed the context of entire arcs as well as scenes when compared to the japanese version, it's so and so animation which mostly used unnecessary filler to pad out scenes, although this is a consequences of the manga, since Toriyama was kind of lazy and sometimes only draw up to 12 to 14 pages when the average manga made up to 16, and many many more things.

But indeed, I was talking about the abridged.

I wouldn't say that ovo

However, I do agree it heavily damaged fan perception on the series, some even claiming it was better than the manga itself (utter bullshit).

As much as I love DBZA, it did kinda **** up certain aspects if DBZ. But i will say this. I definitely prefer it's version of Perfect Cell as opposed to the canon one due to not just being Frieze 2.0.

@Dragomer and Lephyr. Oh don't get me wrong, I saw the original series. Never read it, but I saw it. Or at least all of classic, and the frieza saga. I saw most of Cell and up until Shin's introduction to Buu. I also watched most of Super (which is where the majority of my current opinion on DB lies). I loved DB when I was younger, and still do. Played the heck out of Xenoverse 1 and wanna get into the DBFZ scene (I know I can't but doesn't hurt to want). It's just when it comes to vs debating, the backlash to the first Goku vs Superman video and all the "Goku's better than everyone" people kinda made me...disliking of the franchise, which is why I'm like how I am. And that's to say it the very least.

The real cal howard said:
@Dragomer and Lephyr. Oh don't get me wrong, I saw the original series. Never read it, but I saw it. Or at least all of classic, and the frieza saga. I saw most of Cell and up until Shin's introduction to Buu. I also watched most of Super (which is where the majority of my current opinion on DB lies). I loved DB when I was younger, and still do. Played the heck out of Xenoverse 1 and wanna get into the DBFZ scene (I know I can't but doesn't hurt to want). It's just when it comes to vs debating, the backlash to the first Goku vs Superman video and all the "Goku's better than everyone" people kinda made me...disliking of the franchise, which is why I'm like how I am. And that's to say it the very least.
I was just speaking generaly, i really don't like the influence DBZA ended up having.

Goku IS better than everyone though.

Easily the worst thing about versus debating is how it can make you dislike certain verses because of its people

As much as I give Rakudai shit, I geniuenely loved it when I first watched it. But after seeing how the LN turned out and the skill shit it give me a distaste for the series. I went from thinking Ikki was a really badass chill dude to a Mary Sue of epic proportions

Schnee One said:
Easily the worst thing about versus debating is how it can make you dislike certain verses because of its people
As much as I give Rakudai shit, I geniuenely loved it when I first watched it. But after seeing how the LN turned out and the skill shit it give me a distaste for the series. I went from thinking Ikki was a really badass chill dude to a Mary Sue of epic proportions
Nah, the worst thing is how you can end up having to actively avoiding to think in VS debating term while reading a book or watching a show, nothing is worst than looking a cool moment and catch yourself thinking 'i wish it was portrayed this way so it could be seen as a better feat'.

I mean, VS Debating is the only reason I got into BFDI and Castlevania.

While VS Debating can give you negative impacts on verses and negatively influence you, it can also be good too

Also, isn't Rakudai an anime

That does not bother me at all really, I can think of different series as separate asthey literally are.

This site actually kickstarted my love of InFAMOUS again after seeing how awesome some of its supporters were.

It seems I may be some of the few that never got affected by the Vs Debating impacting his likeness on a series, although I got close with Jorge Joestar (remember the Novel Kars thread? ovo).

LephyrTheRevanchist said:
It seems I may be some of the few that never got affected by the Vs Debating impacting his likeness on a series, although I got close with Jorge Joestar (remember the Novel Kars thread? ovo).
It didn't affect wether i like something or not, just made me dislike how i read stuff.

Nitro90 said:
So what's the AP differences all around
Goku is like 10 time above Thor's berserker state that is 10 time above his normal state or something like that, could be wrong though.

Goku: at the very least 16 KiloFoe. SSJ puts him at 640, SSJ2 at 1280 aaaand SSJ3 puts him at 2560.

Thor is 400 KiloFoe but can give himself an amp of about 2 times (but exhausts him really bad) or 10 times (that makes him go completely crazy).

Omegas03 said:
Goku: at the very least 16 KiloFoe. SSJ puts him at 640, SSJ2 at 1280 aaaand SSJ3 puts him at 2560.
Thor is 400 KiloFoe but can give himself an amp of about 2 times (but exhausts him really bad) or 10 times (that makes him go completely crazy).
So we're going with that instead of Cryo's scailing ?

Nitro90 said:
Warrior Madness is out of character and would just make the skill gap worse....
Especially since Goku would be able to easily finesse him with speed equalized. Would make warp Kamehameha too easy as well.

Omegas03 said:
Sooo what are the wincons of both overall? I don't remember Thor's ones.
For Thor it's using his hax, which is like the last thing he'll do, he is more likely to go berserk than to use them TBH.

For Goku it's just to hit with anything at SSJ or SSJ2.

Spidey stomped Goku.

Thor is about to win against Goku.

Supes is about to incon against Goku.

EDIT: GT Goku is losing against Chou Goku.

Spidey >>>>> Thor > Supes >>>> GT Goku.

Lemongifted101 said:
Thor Hax ?
His hax will give him advantaged
And Goku's AP will give him an advantage too, Goku is just way more likely to use his AP than Thor is to use his hax.

Omegas03 said:
Spidey stomped Goku.
Thor is about to win against Goku.

Supes is about to incon against Goku.

Spidey >>>>> Thor > Supes.
Any particular thread's result 100% depend on who show up, most votes on this sites are partisan votes.

Tbf I don't think SSJ Goku will one shot Thor right off the bat as the difference is not thaaaat big but as the fight drags I'll say he is more likely to AP finish the battle opposed to Thor outhaxing/amping.

Weren't a lot of the votes for Thor based on warrior madness, which as already explained isn't really a valid win con. And Thor's hax is massively OoC for the most part. And if Goku finds his ki blasts getting absorbed he'll just stick to H2H and abuse his sizeable AP advantage.

@Uchiha

It's also based on Thor stamina being far higher than Goku's. These are the two reasons almost everyone in the Thor side FRA'd.

Omegas03 said:
@Uchiha

It's also based on Thor stamina being far higher than Goku's. These are the two reasons almost everyone in the Thor side FRA'd.
Stamina won't be a factor unless they're evenly matched physically.

UchihaSlayer96 said:
Weren't a lot of the votes for Thor based on warrior madness, which as already explained isn't really a valid win con. And Thor's hax is massively OoC for the most part. And if Goku finds his ki blasts getting absorbed he'll just stick to H2H and abuse his sizeable AP advantage.
Pretty sure it was agreed that his warrior madness would be a bad idea for Thor.

Pretty sure it was agreed that his warrior madness would be a bad idea for Thor.

Yeah that's what I'm saying lol

Stamina won't be a factor unless they're evenly matched physically.

We need more input for the Thor's side. I ain't discounting votes yet until they get fully debunked as it'll look biased af like when people kinda accused me of it in the Supes thread lol.

I mean if someone's only reason is stamina and/or warrior's madness it's honestly been debunked imo

Back