• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small TF2 Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
Even if it could atomize cows, I think the result would be an outlier. The basic robots that wield the same weapons as the mercs are stated to be never able to level a building.

Disintegrating Humans is 9-A/8-C. Atomizing a Cow would be 8-B according to you, seems like an outlier. Disintegration/vaporization seems to be more consistent overall. Also, looking back at the Manmelter, it actually seems more like melting, since it states this, "Watch with Sociopathic wonder as your foe's molecules decide to reorganize themselves as soup"

Disintegrating Humans is 9-A/8-C. Atomizing a Cow would be 8-B according to you, seems like an outlier. Disintegration/vaporization seems to be more consistent overall. Also, looking back at the Manmelter, it actually seems more like melting, since it states this, "Watch with Sociopathic wonder as your foe's molecules decide to reorganize themselves as soup"
Yeah, on the molecular level. And again, in order for a feat to be an outlier it needs to contradict something. Not the case with TF2 here

Also, I'm sure atomization feats would be volume of a target dependent power where it's only impressive against large sized targets similar to how heat feats and anti-matter feats work.

Comparing Ki Control and a power system like that to technology in a completely separate verse seems a little silly to me.

Either the weapons vaporize the mercs or they don't, you can't have both here.

I simply don't care about the AP rating anymore, that wasn't the point of this thread anyways
Mhmm, the original subject was already concluded and this should have been closed with that in mind.

The 9-A via Optional Equipment was something that should have already been applied earlier, anything else should be argued on a thread of its own.

Anyways, back to the purpose of this thread, I have a video of a merc being vaporized then revived by Medic.
here
As shown in the video, the resurrection is done via regeneration/healing.

I agree with Abstractions, just add up to 9-A via optional equipment and the OP is fulfilled; the other stuff appeared to just be derailment and/or, dead horse beating aside; at best deserves its own thread.

Again. Humans can't tank bullets, they just survive them via bullets not hitting anything important. Mercs, however, outright tank point blank cow mangler shots
And the Mercs cant tank the Cow Mangler, it damn near oneshots them and then atomizs their bodies

Not dying from an attack and tanking an attack are two completely different things. Tanking implies they take zero damage from it which is blatantly fals as it brings them to almost zero health

Not that it takes 0 damage, more so that they recieved moderate damage at worse; 90 damage out of 125 I would call massive damage.

Not that it takes 0 damage, more so that they recieved moderate damage at worse; 90 damage out of 125 I would call massive damage.
Those are the weakest mercs. Heavies can shrug them off. And in cutscenes, again, Scout survived three rockets at once, and it makes no sense for cow mangler to be hundreds of times stronger

It takes 4 hits to kill a Heavy with Cow Mangler if it's 90 damage compared to his 300 HP; and that's still relatively massive damage. Has there ever been a cutscene of Mercs surviving Cow Manglers though? Also, Scout didn't "Tank" the rockets though; he was severely injured and rendered incapacitated. Using that to upgrade everyone's durability would be like upgrading all the fodder Genin and civilians in Naruto by nature that everyone survived Pain's High 7-A nuking of the Leaf Village with everyone "Getting massively injured but survived."

Those are the weakest mercs. Heavies can shrug them off. And in cutscenes, again, Scout survived three rockets at once, and it makes no sense for cow mangler to be hundreds of times stronger
Except it is portrayed as such, hence why it vaporizes targets compared to normal weapons that don't.

What you are trying to do is take a calculated value for a specific weapon that vaporizes people and compare it to in-game damage values to determine weapons that don't achieve the same effect as that powerful, the problem being that if they were that powerful they too would also be vaporizing targets.

This creates the problem of then if we assume they match the tier of something that vaporizes them, that same weapon would not be able to achieve the desired effect, because they are too durable for it to happen. If you want them to follow damage values then everything would remain 9-B because vaporization can't occur when they tank it and it can be discarded.

If Sniper can be shot dead by much less I'm arguing it's much more consistent for mercs to not be able to tank vaporizing weapons.

Scout could tank the first rocket with some injuries, but was fine for the most part. Anyways, this is all just derailment so can we just update the regen, add on the 9-A via optional weaponry and close this thread?

Alright, he was injured, but was fine for the most part. Yes, he was in pain, but he could move, not near death.

Now, is it safe to apply the changes? I'm just gonna ignore every post that has nothing to do with 9-A via optional equipment or the Regen from now.

Last edited:
Infinite times because he literally did. Maybe "Tank" is too strong a word, but he was able to survive to the point he was at least able to not die to an army of Soldiers while Medic was doing his procedure on Heavy.

Infinite times because he literally did. Maybe "Tank" is too strong a word, but he was able to survive to the point he was at least able to not die to an army of Soldiers while Medic was doing his procedure on Heavy.
So disproving scout scaling to rockts must be done infinite times. Fun. At this point a rule banning its discussion should be made

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back