• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Small TF2 Revision

Status
Not open for further replies.
The Cow Mangler 5000, and some other weapons are capable of vaporizing the mercs, and in MvM, Medic can restore the bodies of the mercs/revive them.
None of the Robots in MvM use the Cow Mangler 5000 that I know of, however Robot Pyros can reflect the Cow Mangler beam, and that vaporizes the mercs.
So Medic's Medigun should have Mid-High Regeneration in MvM.

in mvm, mercenaries are not blown to pieces by explosions (for some reason).
But if they can evaporate I don't remember

Medic can revive someone from vaporization like I explained. It is possible for Robot Pyros to airblast Cow Mangler beams, which would vaporize the player. And Medic can revive them. It is seen in "The Sound of Medicine" that Medic's resurrection is more so regeneration/healing.

Medic can revive someone from vaporization like I explained. It is possible for Robot Pyros to airblast Cow Mangler beams, which would vaporize the player. And Medic can revive them. It is seen in "The Sound of Medicine" that Medic's resurrection is more so regeneration/healing.
Can you provide evidence of this?

(here at 0:45)

I can't really provide recorded evidence atm, since the vaporization of players rarely happens in MvM. However, it is possible, as Robot Pyros do airblast. (aka reflect projectiles)

In MvM, Medic revives dead people via regeneration as seen in the video. You can die via vaporization. The method in which you die doesn't matter, as Medic can still revive you, so long as there is that Reanimator (the hologram machine) shown in the video.

I'd be fine with accepting High-Mid based on what was actually showed, with a Mid-High as a "possibly". This isn't something directly witnessed and relies on choice of equipment and a very specific circumstance to even occur.

It isn't exactly "specific circumstances", as you only need some equipment to pull it off. But yea, something like "Up to Mid-High" or something should work.

Tbh, some TF2 characters (iirc Scout, Pyro, Soldier and Engie) can vaporize other mercs. So wouldn't they be 9-A with this weaponry? These are all vaporizing weapons afaik: CAPPER, Pompson 5000, Cow Mangler and Phlogistinator.

There are more than that, but yeah, they should be 9-A with vaporizing weaponry and all the mercs should get pretty decent heat resistance

List of the weapons that can vape humans;

Scout: Batsaber, C.A.P.P.E.R

Soldier: Cow Mangler 5000, Righteous Bison

Pyro: Phlogistinator, Manmelter, Neon Annihilator, Third Degree

Demoman: None

Heavy: None

Engineer: Pomson 6000, C.A.P.P.E.R, Short Circuit

Medic: None

Sniper: Shooting Star

Spy: None

Also, I want to bring up something interesting about bonk. A possible speed amp, with bonk Scout can dodge every weapon in the game including light speed weapons like capper. And it won’t be an outlier since bonk is an amp

Tbh, some TF2 characters (iirc Scout, Pyro, Soldier and Engie) can vaporize other mercs. So wouldn't they be 9-A with this weaponry? These are all vaporizing weapons afaik: CAPPER, Pompson 5000, Cow Mangler and Phlogistinator.
I honestly thought that's what was agreed upon in their downgrade thread.

"At least 9-B, 9-A with Optional Equipment", but I don't know why it wasn't applied.

Also, I want to bring up something interesting about bonk. A possible speed amp, with bonk Scout can dodge every weapon in the game including light speed weapons like capper. And it won’t be an outlier since bonk is an amp
Light speed TF2 has been rejected before.
I honestly thought that's what was agreed upon in their downgrade thread.

"At least 9-B, 9-A with Optional Equipment", but I don't know why it wasn't applied.
It was indeed agreed upon, but the thread kind of died before everything was 100% concluded.

Light speed TF2 has been rejected before.

It was indeed agreed upon, but the thread kind of died before everything was 100% concluded.
Not lightspeed TF2 in general, just FTL bonk. I see nothing wrong with it, as it’s a huge amp for scout and can dodge light speed attacks at point blank

Also, as proven by cowmanglers publicity blurb, it’s used to vaporize, well, cows. Cows are significantly bigger than humans, so it should get higher results if calced.

Also, australium weapons turn people in golden statues. Isn't this transmutation. Also, weren't the vaporizing weapons stated to atomize, not vaporize? It would be building, and even higher by atomizing cows.

Not lightspeed TF2 in general, just FTL bonk. I see nothing wrong with it, as it’s a huge amp for scout and can dodge light speed attacks at point blank
CAPPER doesn't really look like a real laser. It seems more like energy projection than anything.

So is somebody willing to apply what has been accepted here?

*The proposal of the OP of Medic getting possibly Mid-High regen was agreed upon - seems solid enough for a possibly, but not much more.
*Certain mercs getting 9-A with the following weapons was already agreed upon in a previous CRT. This does not scale to their durability, but instead grants all nine mercenaries solid heat resistance.
List of the weapons that can vape humans;

Scout: Batsaber, C.A.P.P.E.R

Soldier: Cow Mangler 5000, Righteous Bison

Pyro: Phlogistinator, Manmelter, Neon Annihilator, Third Degree

Engineer: Pomson 6000, C.A.P.P.E.R, Short Circuit

Sniper: Shooting Star
*Light speed statements are fairly frequent, but contradicted heavily - therefore not able to be used. FTL Scout with BONK! is bunk.

That's not regen btw, that's ressurection.

9-A with optional equipment wouldn't work because they tank them snd some weapons out damage those, so they would lose their 9-B.

Those lasers need to meet the criteria first.

Sorry for repeating myself. But the cow mangler was stars to vaporize, well, cows. Cows are much bigger than humans, so the result for it should be higher. Perhaps anyone could calc the energy to vaporize a cow?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back