• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
If it's valid then Koenji should scale to it or at least get "possibly" or "likely" key as he's illustrated as the "superior" or "great" character.

If it's valid then Koenji should scale to it or at least get "possibly" or "likely" key as he's illustrated as the "superior" or "great" character.
Well, I don't think of it as that exactly. Koenji is said to be equal to Ayanokoji in physical strength in a match of tug of war, so that applies to lifting strength I guess. But I do think that Koenji should be at least superhuman, considering how he easily killed a wild boar with his bare hands, which are superhuman in speed. BTW, do you agree with the calc?

Well, I don't think of it as that exactly. Koenji is said to be equal to Ayanokoji in physical strength in a match of tug of war, so that applies to lifting strength I guess. But I do think that Koenji should be at least superhuman, considering how he easily killed a wild boar with his bare hands, which are superhuman in speed. BTW, do you agree with the calc?
Koenji has some shit going on with him, that's why I said he should atleast get the keys i mentioned as he's narratively shown as the "superior" character, but I guess we'd have to wait him to get more revealed.

About the calc, I don't have much opinion, I used to be very sceptical of it, preferably, I'd wait for the anime to see how it sounds, but for now, I'd say I'm leaning towards agreement. If calc group members agree with it, I have no problem with it.

Yeah calc seems fine. Tsuki and Shiba should also scale to this
Alright, do you think we can use this to scale AP too? As Shiba actually punched?
Average male upper-limb mass is 3.9 kg.
The calc suggested by a member of the calc group was at 401.31 m/s.
Can the AP ultimately be 0.5*3.9*401.31*401.31 = 314046.946 J or 314.046946 kJ?

Last edited:
If you're asking for my opinion, I'm still not sure if the context is really about the speed of sound, but I don't have any arguments at the moment. Let's just say I'm neutral.

I don't agree, I know I didn't read the light novel, but it could be a hyperbole
Once again, whether or not you personally acknowledge the characters as being supersonic is inconsequential. The crucial point is that within the context of the verse, it has already been widely accepted and established. However, if you wish to present a counterargument, you are free to create a detailed thread outlining your reasoning. Ultimately, the scaling and power levels within the verse, as well as the categorization of the World Record students, will continue to remain at the supersonic level unless a compelling case is made to alter it (though my personal investment in the scaling of Cote is minimal).

To support this assertion, let's consider the evidence. Shiba's ability to create a sound delay with his fist indicates a clear sonic boom occurrence. This event has been acknowledged and accepted by two calculation group members who specialize in determining scaling and power levels. Therefore, Ichika's comparison to Shiba holds merit since it is explicitly stated that she could engage in a toe-to-toe fight with him. The reason she didn't do so was because the pain inflicted by Shiba intensifies when he catches his opponents.

Regarding the suggestion that Ayanokouji's statement about Shiba's delayed fist could be hyperbolic, it lacks plausibility. It's difficult to comprehend why such a statement would be exaggerated or treated as mere hyperbole. Not everything mentioned in light novels should be automatically dismissed as hyperbolic. It is crucial to carefully analyze the context and evaluate the feasibility of the given information.

Furthermore, your admission of not having read the light novel diminishes the weight of your input regarding the series' ratings. A deep understanding of the feats and events is crucial in accurately assessing the power scaling and character abilities within a specific series.

Regarding the mentioned feat involving Ichika, I acknowledge that it may face scrutiny and potential removal. However, it's important to note that the overall rating of the characters may not change significantly since the primary reason for Ichika's placement is her scaling to the supersonic level alongside Shiba.

Lastly, the feat in question has already undergone extensive discussion and received acceptance from multiple members who participate in such evaluations. Additionally, the ratings adjustment for Ichika Amasawa and Takuya Yagami has been agreed upon. I suggest focusing on shows and series that you possess a thorough understanding of, as it will enhance the quality and credibility of your contributions

Once again, whether or not you personally acknowledge the characters as being supersonic is inconsequential. The crucial point is that within the context of the verse, it has already been widely accepted and established. However, if you wish to present a counterargument, you are free to create a detailed thread outlining your reasoning. Ultimately, the scaling and power levels within the verse, as well as the categorization of the World Record students, will continue to remain at the supersonic level unless a compelling case is made to alter it (though my personal investment in the scaling of Cote is minimal).

To support this assertion, let's consider the evidence. Shiba's ability to create a sound delay with his fist indicates a clear sonic boom occurrence. This event has been acknowledged and accepted by two calculation group members who specialize in determining scaling and power levels. Therefore, Ichika's comparison to Shiba holds merit since it is explicitly stated that she could engage in a toe-to-toe fight with him. The reason she didn't do so was because the pain inflicted by Shiba intensifies when he catches his opponents.

Regarding the suggestion that Ayanokouji's statement about Shiba's delayed fist could be hyperbolic, it lacks plausibility. It's difficult to comprehend why such a statement would be exaggerated or treated as mere hyperbole. Not everything mentioned in light novels should be automatically dismissed as hyperbolic. It is crucial to carefully analyze the context and evaluate the feasibility of the given information.

Furthermore, your admission of not having read the light novel diminishes the weight of your input regarding the series' ratings. A deep understanding of the feats and events is crucial in accurately assessing the power scaling and character abilities within a specific series.

Regarding the mentioned feat involving Ichika, I acknowledge that it may face scrutiny and potential removal. However, it's important to note that the overall rating of the characters may not change significantly since the primary reason for Ichika's placement is her scaling to the supersonic level alongside Shiba.

Lastly, the feat in question has already undergone extensive discussion and received acceptance from multiple members who participate in such evaluations. Additionally, the ratings adjustment for Ichika Amasawa and Takuya Yagami has been agreed upon. I suggest focusing on shows and series that you possess a thorough understanding of, as it will enhance the quality and credibility of your contributions
Using the "delay" translation is dumb because RoyalMTLS made an official translation. The "delay" thingy was a mistranslation which was MTL the real translation said:

"For the umpteenth time, I took evasive action to get away from Tsukishiro. The sound of Shiba's fist, swung slightly later, reaches my ears dryly"

was RoyalMTL translation. When u use the whole context of the fight the japanese raw translation mentions "slight delay" when u take the sentences separately, but when u use the whole context:

The phrase "僅かに遅れて" can be translated as "slightly delayed" when u take the sentences separately. but when u consider the whole context and the subsequent phrase "振りぬかれた" (thrown aside), the translation would be "barely audible" or "faintly" to describe the sound of Shiba's fists which means there wasnt a delay. This is because it suggests that the Kojis counterattack was interrupted and Shibas attack and his fists were thrown aside almost instantly and koji heard it "faintly".

Bro wrote an entire COTE volume.

What's the verdict of this? Didn't Agnaa not agree with the calc in the comments?
What are you saying? Someone with an account named "Blatgotyahat" mentioned that one of the interpretations can be "with a thud", and Agnaa himself interpreted "with a dry sound" even when the punch didn't hit Ayanokouji. If you guys are willing to, I will debate...

Hm? I mean I looked at the comments and read the discussion, and Agnaa doesn't seem to agree.

cVuyuCd.png

jCjskUL.png

Also, both Agnaa and Blatgotyahat (in his second-to-last comment) said that, given the context of the whole fight, it wouldn't be translated as "thud", and that there wasn't any delay.
RSPAHh4.png

zG5xsSr.png

Last edited:
Hm? I mean I looked at the comments and read the discussion, and Agnaa doesn't seem to agree.

cVuyuCd.png

jCjskUL.png
Stop sending the screenshots as they suit you.
Agnaa also mentioned that the sound created can even be a thud, and it didn't seem to be near the level of sound which can be created by a punch failing to land either.
y1SZgcS.png

Not only that, but Clout even reached out to Agnaa in his message walls and made him confused more.
MTL translation isn't actually always a "mistranslation". Thanks to Blatgotyahat, he did mention that it can talk about a "thud" too.
zgtYaDv.png

One translation hinting to that direction should be likely enough to stop this, I guess?

The messages you are showing are older. I was going by their most recent conclusions, which is "it doesn't have a thud".
In their 2nd-to-last messages, they mention it

My point is that, to be certain, you should probably ask Agnaa to confirm or not what his stance is. Because he didn't say he agreed to the calculation, it's vague.

My point is that, to be certain, you should probably ask Agnaa to confirm or not what his stance is. Because he didn't say he agreed to the calculation, it's vague.
Cloud did ask him in his message walls, but you can, if you want (you already did).

cVuyuCd.png

jCjskUL.png

Also, both Agnaa and Blatgotyahat (in his second-to-last comment) said that, given the context of the whole fight, it wouldn't be translated as "thud", and that there wasn't any delay.
RSPAHh4.png

zG5xsSr.png
Yeah, i said later on "then when they checked/edited the the whole volume they removed the delay thing and few more things to make the translation more fitting and correct.
"The Japanese doesn't include a thud either, idk why that was included"

I mentioned how it could be interpreted multiple ways because of the context. If I use the whole context of the fight it wouldnt have a "thud" in it. Ayanokouji states:

"I sensed a cold presence on the back of my neck, forcing me to interrupt my counterattack. Evading once again, I took action to escape from Tsukishiro. The sound of Shibas fists being thrown was barely audible, dryly reaching my ears. It would be unwise to engage in a reckless exchange of blows"

-----------------------------------------------

When you try to translate japanese light novels and especially that moment "a thud" looks accurate but if you use the whole context of the fight thud isnt 100% accurate, but looks like it.

RoyalMTL uploaded the official and real translation of y2v4 with japanese/english editors and the official translation is:

"The sound of shibas fists, swung slightly later, reaches my ears dryly."

Implying he senses Shibas punch right after Tsukishiros

Back