• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Metal structural sections have hollow spaces, so you cannot use the entire volume of a rectangular prism. I observed in the video that metal structural sections have clearly visible hollow spaces inside.
Ok, I will do a new calc for that. Thanks for the clarification though.

Edit: it has been done and the new results are for Class 5

Last edited:
I think that feat is anime only? Do they count it against the verse for that? Im still new on this side of wiki so i dont know how this works yet

They’re both canon. Plenty of other series use anime to accurately scale their verse. Especially when it’s a light novel.
yeah wiki use the anime to accurately scale feats that coexist inside the manga/light novel. The Light novel is canon and remember, the fight in the light novel didn't even take place in a shed it happened on a rooftop so alot of that fight will add things that only happen in anime, when did it state ryuuen threw metal bars at Kouji during the fight? Unless you can show light novel scans i dont think its Canon because the light novel is the actual story and the anime in the past has been slandered for changing things like replacing Ichino scenes with Horikita

yeah wiki use the anime to accurately scale feats that coexist inside the manga/light novel. The Light novel is canon and remember, the fight in the light novel didn't even take place in a shed it happened on a rooftop so alot of that fight will add things that only happen in anime, when did it state ryuuen threw metal bars at Kouji during the fight? Unless you can show light novel scans i dont think its Canon because the light novel is the actual story and the anime in the past has been slandered for changing things like replacing Ichino scenes with Horikita

the wiki counts them both as canon. Plenty of other shows have done this too. Someone tried to argue that point and it didn’t matter.

But my question is if the feat didnt take place in the LN then it's not canon to the story, so how would it count for the verse?
tbh we are still waiting for the elevator scene to be animated (if they do it). And if it's done, then we can get a good amount of idea of the character APs.

the wiki counts them both as canon. Plenty of other shows have done this too. Someone tried to argue that point and it didn’t matter.
manga feats are canon too. COTE has a manga which I have not read, but I am pretty sure there would be feats which would be scalable.

the wiki counts them both as canon.
Thats not how canon works. Filler episodes are anime and they don't count as canon, If the author didnt write it how is it canon when its not apart of his original story. That makes no sense
Plenty of other shows have done this too. Someone tried to argue that point and it didn’t matter.
Can you provide examples? I'm almost certain those feats actually take place and can be found in a specific chapter and not anime exclusive. I was just told in another thread anime only feats can't be counted as canon. Anime studios add stuff all the time

Thats not how canon works. Filler episodes are anime and they don't count as canon, If the author didnt write it how is it canon when its not apart of his original story. That makes no sense

Can you provide examples? I'm almost certain those feats actually take place and can be found in a specific chapter and not anime exclusive. I was just told in another thread anime only feats can't be counted as canon. Anime studios add stuff all the time
The rooftop scene isn't a filler episode. The anime only tried to make it more detailed. Also, the COTE S2 doesn't have fillers. It doesn't matter if the author provides writings for it or not, what matters is that it was adapted into the anime. And we are taking all the feats for the COTE verse if I am not wrong. Other verses might have different pages tbh.

If you got any doubts, do check out the verse page. We have all anime, manga and light novel in the category of the page, that's why I am saying that all counts.

The rooftop scene isn't a filler episode.
The fight itself isn't filler but him throwing those metal roda is definitely filler. If thats what the author wanted to happen he would have wrote it in, the LN is very detailed with painting pictures of the scenery taking place
The anime only tried to make it more detailed.
Thats what filler/anime only is , which alot of times is not canon
Also, the COTE S2 doesn't have fillers. It doesn't matter if the author provides writings for it or not, what matters is that it was adapted into the anime. And we are taking all the feats for the COTE verse if I am not wrong. Other verses might have different pages tbh.
It does matter because the author did not oversee the anime and he already has been outspoken about the innacuracies of the anime which is why season 2 took so long to even get announced. He was done with the anime studio making new things that he didn't include in his story. Which proves they arent on the same page. This is directly from the rules article

"However even feats can be discredited if they are unsupported by the context of the story whether being far outliers, or retconned out of canonization"

Which means this feat is either non-canon or will be an outlier unless you can provide other feats with similar scale since the results are so high with no other lifting feats similar

The fight itself isn't filler but him throwing those metal roda is definitely filler. If thats what the author wanted to happen he would have wrote it in, the LN is very detailed with painting pictures of the scenery taking place

Thats what filler/anime only is , which alot of times is not canon

It does matter because the author did not oversee the anime and he already has been outspoken about the innacuracies of the anime which is why season 2 took so long to even get announced. He was done with the anime studio making new things that he didn't include in his story. Which proves they arent on the same page. This is directly from the rules article

"However even feats can be discredited if they are unsupported by the context of the story whether being far outliers, or retconned out of canonization"

Which means this feat is either non-canon or will be an outlier unless you can provide other feats with similar scale since the results are so high with no other lifting feats similar
Class 5 isn’t that high. Ayanokouji already a class 1 rating. You want another example go check Tokyo Revengers. For the pews feat they used anime. Not manga or any other thing.

Class 5 isn’t that high. Ayanokouji already a class 1 rating.
They are Class 1 scaling from an animal not from their own capabilities, thats why i said it would probably be an outlier but its anime only which makes it non canon
You want another example go check Tokyo Revengers. For the pews feat they used anime. Not manga or any other thing.
But again, the Tokyo Revengers example proves my point, because that church pew feat happened in chapter 96 meaning that's actually what Ken Wakui depicted happening in the fight and not something the anime studio themselves added.

There is no light novel scans from vol 7 that says "Ryuuen threw several metal rods at me" since Kouji is the narrator. He would have mentioned it during the fight like he did everything else that happened.

They are Class 1 scaling from an animal not from their own capabilities, thats why i said it would probably be an outlier but its anime only which makes it non canon

But again, the Tokyo Revengers example proves my point, because that church pew feat happened in chapter 96 meaning that's actually what Ken Wakui depicted happening in the fight and not something the anime studio themselves added.

There is no light novel scans from vol 7 that says "Ryuuen threw several metal rods at me" since Kouji is the narrator. He would have mentioned it during the fight like he did everything else that happened.
It's simple logic, we aren't doing stuff like making different verses Classroom of the Elite (Anime), Classroom of the Elite (Manga), Classroom of the Elite (Light Novel), etc. We are basically summing up all the feats from all the sources we can get, it doesn't matter if it's added by a studio or not, studios have rights to make changes to the original source material and make changes. Also, it doesn't matter if stuff is canon or not, COTE isn't even completely adapted by the anime, so I think you are sensible enough to understand that we are basically counting all the feats.

+ Anime can be the source material for pixel scaling too.

I don't want you to argue about this anymore. You can't do anything about something which has already been decided. Just look at the categories of the verse, you will find all manga, anime and light novels categories linked. Arguing about this anymore would be just you trying to oppose the verse or downplaying it for no particular reason.

It's simple logic, we aren't doing stuff like making different verses Classroom of the Elite (Anime), Classroom of the Elite (Manga), Classroom of the Elite (Light Novel), etc. We are basically summing up all the feats from all the sources we can get, it doesn't matter if it's added by a studio or not, studios have rights to make changes to the original source material and make changes. Also, it doesn't matter if stuff is canon or not, COTE isn't even completely adapted by the anime, so I think you are sensible enough to understand that we are basically counting all the feats.
None of this matters when i was literally told by a mod not to calc anime only feats because they arent canon .
+ Anime can be the source material for pixel scaling too.
Anime is source material when it actually exists in the story and wasnt made up by the studio themselves. The studio does not own the anime so they can't dictate the scaling they simply animate feats that already exist in the story
I don't want you to argue about this anymore. You can't do anything about something which has already been decided.
Nothing was decided. There isn't even a mod under this thread to back up your claims.
Just look at the categories of the verse, you will find all manga, anime and light novels categories linked.
You clearly don't understand what i am talking about. Yes they are connected, manga and light novels are ACTUAL source material's because they are the original story directly from the author. Anime studio does NOT always follow this and create seperate feats that dont take place in the story
Arguing about this anymore would be just you trying to oppose the verse or downplaying it for no particular reason.
You do realize me opposing the verse would be nothing new? That's literally why they have "support, neutral and opponents". I don't agree with this feat unless you can prove its from the actual story. Has nothing to do with "downplaying". It's literally the rules

None of this matters when i was literally told by a mod not to calc anime only feats because they arent canon .

Anime is source material when it actually exists in the story and wasnt made up by the studio themselves. The studio does not own the anime so they can't dictate the scaling they simply animate feats that already exist in the story

Nothing was decided. There isn't even a mod under this thread to back up your claims.

You clearly don't understand what i am talking about. Yes they are connected, manga and light novels are ACTUAL source material's because they are the original story directly from the author. Anime studio does NOT always follow this and create seperate feats that dont take place in the story

You do realize me opposing the verse would be nothing new? That's literally why they have "support, neutral and opponents". I don't agree with this feat unless you can prove its from the actual story. Has nothing to do with "downplaying". It's literally the rules
I already said that we don't have separate verse pages like one for anime, one for manga and one for light novels. As long as feats of the anime don't contradict light novel feats, you are good to go.

COTE is a massive source material, the anime adaptation would of course deduct some scenes and probably add some too. In the official verse page, this is the scene: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Youkoso_Jitsuryoku_Shijou_Shugi_no_Kyoushitsu_e

Just see the categories, we have anime, manga and light novels listed in the category. The ladder feat was also anime only, and so is the sectional metal feat. Why didn't you comment previously on that? Because COTE got a class 5 result now?

The authors give right to the studios to have the ability to make little changes which don't get out of hand. It just means that authors are also declaring the anime as a canon material (unless the studio decides to make an entire episode filler). The studio adapted the next 4 volumes after the volume 3 for anime, and neither of the episodes were filler. And stuff like throwing of stuff was just to make the fight more interesting and we scalers calculated it anyways.

I can give you many examples, but for now, just see the Tokyo Ghoul stuff, there were many things which were accepted only from the manga. But it was because the anime did the completely different thing instead of what happened in manga. COTE didn't completely change it, it didn't happen in the LN in the first place, and it isn't contradictory. The anime basically didn't adapt the fight as it is because if I can recall, the fight in the novel was novel-ish, while the anime of course had to add stuff to make it watchable in an anime.

And just so you are wondering, as long as the people who actually created the verse (aka the people who decided to sum everything up in a one verse page) don't have any problems, I don't think we should argue about that kind of stuff. I didn't create the verse page, so I am in no place to decide, it's like I am just following a law which was followed from years. I might not have calculated the sectional metal feat if they never listed the ladder feat. So, if you want the feat to get cancelled and not taken into account, just go ahead and argue with the people who added the 'anime' category too in the verse page.

And I am not going to debate about this, you are not trying to, or not going to understand this, it would be just a waste of both of our time and energy.

Back