• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Malox1696 said:
BTW im not saying eh can't im just saying that is less likely that he uses it instead of time slow and it obv cost more, and he already spams slow much more in older game too (if im not wrong even his speed was related to him constantly slowing time around him to be faster in one game)
1) More instances of him stopping time than slowing it.

2) Last time he used time slow was in a game released in 2005.

ShakeResounding said:
@Dusk No, it's the typical K.O. of an RPG.
if it's the typical KO of an RPG, then none of those items actually revive, it only restores the energy of the character who used them, if what I just said is right, the only argument in favor of shadow is that it will use the time stop at the beginning of the fight, which is definitely incorrect because as I said before he started about 5 fights using time stop.

btw, who is Dusk?

Malox1696 said:
The topic is that, as the fight boils down to how likely is shadow to use time stop as his first move, that's it.
Shadow still has proven that stop is used more often than slow. Even the most recent game shows this. Besides there are other topics that are more important here like what XDragnoir brings up. Or if the Accel can oneshot Shadow or not because some here believes he can't.

if it's the typical KO of an RPG, then none of those items actually revive, it only restores the energy of the character who used them, if what I just said is right, the only argument in favor of shadow is that it will use the time stop at the beginning of the fight, which is definitely incorrect because as I said before he started about 5 fights using time stop.

btw, who is Dusk?

If they all lose health then that results in a game over which means they died.

saying he stopped time 4 (or 3 as he 1 got debunked) times in cutscene (and that one game where sonic has time stop too but u can somehow brak free from it) vs all the time that he INGAME slow time as a mecchanic is the proff that he starts with time slow EVERY time is a bit biased

btw rivals too is a time slow teh opponet can move he is just slowed, all most of the other times he used time stop was with the CE with only 1 instace i hav eseen where he used it without it (the one someone already linked above)

@Malox You have a point in me showing a bit of bias. Though I believe to go against what the most recent game showed us and just assume he would use slow is also bias to Accel's favor. I'll stop talking here and let Shadow do his thing.

MYHERO said:
@Malox You have a point in me showing a bit of bias. Though I believe to go against what the most recent game showed us and just assume he would use slow is also bias to Accel's favor. I'll stop talking here and let Shadow do his thing.
it's not u who are biased, u know who im refering to

in the same game in his other fights he does not lead with time stop https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flP-4ucN15k

it's not u who are biased, u know who im refering to

in the same game in his other fights he does not lead with time stop https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=flP-4ucN15k

Oh I see who you're talking about ;)

But as for the other one, I'm not saying that he will lead with time stop, I'm saying that the time manipulation power he will pick is more likely to be timestop. If we were to agree that he would lead with that, then Accel's lifespan gets accelerated here (Meaning he dies)

I think everyone here has agreed that Shadow definitely will not use the time slow, just the time stop, but it also seems that most have agreed that he uses time stop early in the fights on a few occasions. So the only question that seems to be: How can Accel kill Shadow? The answer is simple, bio-electricity / blood reversal, separating he into pieces using vector manipulation and maybe more, which he always uses at the beginning of fights when he is with wings.

as for the items to revive, I've already disregarded all of them, since a KO in RPGs (like those of the pokemon franchise) does not mean the death of the character, only that he will not be accessible during the rest of a fight for being KO'ed. Any more arguments defending Shadow or did I already cover all?

@XDragnoir Shake disagrees with you on the revival items. He believes the KO thing is just a game mechanic and that it is in conjunction with other revival items in the game.

"A mystical amulet with the inexhaustible power to put the fallen back on their feet." That's the official description in the game, with the lore of it being a mystical and ancient relic. It has a single purpose; tke revive the user. It's in the very name itself. The Ring of Life is another example, an item used to revive a fallen teammate.

They're both letters strung by coding, both can seem to have equal value, but what takes precedence. Two letters to show you got bonked, or the lore of an item?

@Shake Sorry, I think it was a just bit rude to just name you off like that to XDragnoir.

Alright, here's what is going on. If Shadow fights Accel, then he is gonna die. When he revives with his RPG stuff, he is going to use Chaos Control to stop time. Now this line of action makes sense because if he gets oneshotted as the others says, than he is going to play it safe and stop time. I mean think about it. You just get killed in one attack instantly. What would you do if you were brought back? Would you be stupid and try to fight as if nothing happens, or will you pause and play it safe as you have no visible explanation of how Accel killed you? It's the latter folks.

Now the discussion is, will it actually revive him though? The game clearly says when you run out of health you are KOed and not dead. But, Shake disagrees with this. Now I guess it is up to you guys to argue if it does or does not bring Shadow back from the dead, because that is the deciding factor of this match.

But the question of if Shadow can at least be able to survive from Accel because of his resistance to matter manip is also another question that can decide if the match.

Accel has other instant kill stuff than matter manip. It also depends how good shadows is.

Instant kill. He's got a lot of ways to do it, but all I really remember of his character is that this key doesn't **** around.

Well that can be debated if Shadow can resist insta-death for now alongside if the revival will actually work, because if it does then Shadow will stop time.

Shadow doesn't resist having his bloodflow halted, his organs crushed, his brain shut down, or even just being torn apart. If shadow rezzes Accel just kills him again, and needs just a thought to do so. Shadow needs to move/speak to timestop.

just speak. But that will be fine as it really require almost no time. Shadow knows how to assess situations extremely quickly as shown in Sonic Heroes Team Dark beginning cutscene, and he didn't even have his memory there. He will probably act faster than Accel here.

Speaking takes longer than thinking.

Don't think so, which is why it's a win for shadow if he does it.

When has he shown to do it instantly with a thought? Even then, Accel is going to take a second being confused on how Shadow is alive even though he ripped him to shreds and Shadow could take the chance to say it, which takes less than a second.

And if this is the case then I can just make them bloodlusted and it will not change anything.

Doesn't the file already say he controls vectors with a thought? Everything he does is through that.

I don't see why he wouldn't just kill him a second time and ask questions later.

If you change things this late into the fight, the thread's def not gonna conclude. Too many people already voted and I don't think most will vote again. Accel'd still need a second to figure out where shadow is anyways to **** his body up. The second killing is the one that isn't really gonna get worked around.

It doesn't matter, he can ask questions later but he is still initially gonna get confused, he will definitely focus on killing him again but that hesitation will automatically be a reaction which will already be in Shadows favor here.

Wokistan said:
If you change things this late into the fight, the thread's def not gonna conclude. Too many people already voted and I don't think most will vote again. Accel'd still need a second to figure out where shadow is anyways to **** his body up. The second killing is the one that isn't really gonna get worked around.
I didn't mean that as in I will change it. I'm just pointing it out.

Why do people assume that time stop is going to automatically disable Accel's shield? Because logically, it shouldn't.

Arguments for Vector shield getting disabled during time stop:

Argument 1: Due to time stop, every erstwhile vector based attack becomes non-vector attacks and Accel gets wrecked.

Debunk 1: Vectors aren't dependant on time, at all. Time is a scalar quantity and in no way makes a vector a non-vector if removed from the equation. If anything, removing time can change the type of vector but it'll remain a vector nevertheless. Eg. Velocity->Displacement if time is removed. Also, in relation to real time, attacks during time stop will be treated as instantaneous/infinite speed attacks and Accel has no issues deflecting those once time starts to flow again. This also means that attacks done on him during time stop will stop at his skin and not go any further, the energy that is, and when time flows again, Shadow better get tf out of there else he's gonna be hit with his own reflected energy output.

Argument 2: Accel needs to be thinking in order to maintain his shield. So when time is stopped, he cannot think new thoughts and his shield gets disabled.

Debunk 2: The vector shield is passive and Accel sets it by default to "No U". The only thing he actively needs to think about is if he wishes to deflect in in a direction other than "No U". So is the time stop supposed to make Accel stop thinking for its duration? Big no. Time stop merely means that Accel got time stopped when he was still thinking, and so vector shield is definitely not disabled for the duration of the time stop. Since in real time, he definitely didn't have an interruption in his thought process.

@TacticslNuke002 Stopping time does interrupt your thought process. Thinking requires that your brain processes what's happening, and when time is stopped you have that also gets halted.

Also I'm pretty sure if you resist matter manipulation, you can resist having your blood manipulated (blood is made of matter is it not?) so it wouldn't immediately kill Shadow.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
@TacticslNuke002 Stopping time does interrupt your thought process. Thinking requires that your brain processes what's happening, and when time is stopped you have that also gets halted.

Also I'm pretty sure if you resist matter manipulation, you can resist having your blood manipulated (blood is made of matter is it not?) so it wouldn't immediately kill Shadow.
I already explained why the time stop isn't technically stopping his thought process. All it allows is to let Shadow pull off attacks that Accel won't comprehend due to lacking resistance to time stop. All Accel requires is to be able to think to have his shield up. In real time, his thinking isn't actually being disrupted. He just got stopped while he was thinking and had his shield up, so for the remainder of the time stop, he'll still have the shield up. I'm not saying he'll think like Jotaro can in DIO's ts, just that the ts isn't making his shield go away.

You need actual proof of Accel keeping up his vector shield when he has never resisted time stop. Also no, time stop does halt your thought process so if he needs to think to have the shield up, it's coming down.

Back