• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
that he will use time stop at the start that's it, the angel amulet does work but it only leaves with 1 hp so almost dead so he can't do much in that state uneless he heal himself but even then he must have enough strenght left to use chaos power and nned to to use time stop and not the slow

Malox1696 said:
obv. it ends quickly both a can oneshot each other, life absortion does nothing

If it's only once and as it only leaves with 1 hp, i don't think it will change much.

even then he used time slow much more than time stop in all his games
This is just headcannon so take this for a grain of salt on my end, but when he used chaos control as time slow, he had to use an emerald. In Forces, he uses time stop, a much better version without an emerald. Sonic throughout the games has had the theme of growing stronger more prevalent than other platformers like Megaman and Mario. And I think Shadow has progressed throughout the years with couple of evidences 1.) Sonic has grown in strength as he took out Perfect Chaos in generations, when it took a superform to do that in Adventure. As Sonic's rival, it is likely to assume that he too has seen some growth. 2.) Sonic tells infinite that his power grows every second, while this is a clear and cut hyperbole, it shows that this theme is still present in Forces the most recent game. 3.) Back in Sonic Adventure 2, during the final boss, Sonic and Shadow talks about how they have to use rings to sustain their Super forms. Later games don't have either Sonic or Shadow talking about this, and since Sonic Advance 2 showed that he was using super form for a couple of days. This means that their control over chaos energy has gotten better as well, which means that Shadow has learned to perform time stop recently and he is probably more in favor to use his strongest time manipulating move. It makes sense because a theme of growing stronger is prevalent in Forces.

These are just logical workarounds I made, and if I were to use this then I would have to give credit to the new writers for Sonic which I really don't want to. I know I said I'm trying to be unbiased to other sides, but I really wanted to get this out there sorry.

Malox1696 said:
obv. it ends quickly both a can oneshot each other, life absortion does nothing
If it's only once and as it only leaves with 1 hp, i don't think it will change much.

even then he used time slow much more than time stop in all his games
False. Shadow always uses time stop.

@Maverick Does the resurrection work when someone else is doing it? If that's the case then the resurrection is pointless.

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
False. Shadow always uses time stop.
well i guess u are right and when the sonic wiki says he can slow time they just mean time stop, the wiki MUST BE WRONG and u are right good sir

He used slow in heroes. Though, a wiki can just be incorrect, just as we can be.

MYHERO said:
@Maverick Does the resurrection work when someone else is doing it? If that's the case then the resurrection is pointless.
Angel Amulet brings back the user.

Ring of Life is the one that resurrects a party member.

Dude I've seen far more weird stuff said completely seriously, and your comment wasn't even that outlandish compared to some other stuff. People often use strikethrough for this sort of thing lol.

SA2 - Time stop. Chaos Control is Shadow's counter move to Sonic's time stop in multiplayer mode.

Shadow the Hedgehog - Ok against Devil Doom this one looks like it's slow.

06 - Shadow used time stop against Silver. You see him come to a complete halt, not slow down.

Rivals - Yeah, the environment freezes, it's time stop.

Forces - Opened with time stop to one-shot his clone.

That's still more instances of Shadow using time stop than slow.

Is that so? Well, I still didn't read thay point TBH. My country still didn't release that far, apologize.

But I guess that vector manip can still one-shot Shadow.

ShakeResounding said:
Does Accelerator use Matter Manip more often, or does he stop blood flow more often? Does he use both all the time?
yes even in most of his recent fight he just goes for reverse blood flow like vs KeKinay and matehrs but they got lol nope regen and dura (he even use it aganist robots in his manga but with the eletrics signal and force inside of it obv), he generally fghts in close range as he needs less calc and can deal more damage but if he know that he is in danger he can stay at range or simply hide to recharge or prepare a strategy

ShadowWarrior1999 said:
SA2 - Time stop. Chaos Control is Shadow's counter move to Sonic's time stop in multiplayer mode.
Shadow the Hedgehog - Ok against Devil Doom this one looks like it's slow.

06 - Shadow used time stop against Silver. You see him come to a complete halt, not slow down.

Rivals - Yeah, the environment freezes, it's time stop.

Forces - Opened with time stop to one-shot his clone.

That's still more instances of Shadow using time stop than slow.
lol in the wiki on his 2 profile there is not even a mention of time stops (u can try it by ctrl+f) that's how rare it is compared to time slow, in the first place doesn't he use it to go fatser too ?

Is that so? Well, I still didn't read thay point TBH. My country still didn't release that far, apologize.

But I guess that vector manip can still one-shot Shadow.

If you didn't read it what made you assume he defeated him?

Where does that even come from?

ShadowWarrior's given some good examples, which shows that he'd probably use Time Stop instead of Time Slow.

While it's not really applicable due to being more player-controlled than anything, Shadow uses Chaos Control to freeze time in nearly every single boss battle where you can gather good energy. There's never a moment he uses Time Slow except for Black Doom himself and possibly one other boss I can't remember.

lol in the wiki on his 2 profile there is not even a mention of time stops (u can try it by ctrl+f) that's how rare it is compared to time slow, in the first place doesn't he use it to go fatser too ?

Here's a suggestion.

Don't go 100% by what the wiki says.

ShakeResounding said:
@Dragnoir You looked at the Ring of Life, not the Angel Amulet.

really, the description of the angel amulet says that he revives the user, but what I want to know is if the characters die in battle and remain dead the rest of the whole game if you did not revive them.

@Malox Just because it isn't listed in the profile doesn't mean that every other occasion isn't valid. That isn't how it works.

@Malox

That is literally one of the worst arguments I have ever seen

Because time slow is listed more often on the file, that somehow influences what Shadow has done in canon?

I'm voting Accel and I know that's ridiculous

by that i mean that he time slow is used more often then time stop not like @ShadowWarrior1999 said that he " Shadow always uses time stop " cause as u said that's not how it works

leaving aside i played some old sonics game i remember 1 where he used time stop now i dont' know of the newer games but in the wiki it should be metioned right ?

Schnee One wrote
Maybe because I read some of Index vs thread and confuse myself. I guess because I only know their alibities but not stories... Hah...

@Shadow Those four instances plus, non-canonically, every single boss battle in Shadow the Hedgehog when you get hero energy. Against the Black Bull, while chasing that stupid Black Arms pod, etc. Again, that's more player-based than anything, but it puts it more into perspective that he'd use Stop way more than Slow.

"In boss battles, however, performing Chaos Control slows down time and the boss, while Shadow is still able to move at normal speed "

this is from the wiki if it's wrong please fix it cause i don't know where to get info on character if not form their own wiki

@Malox Shadow already proved that Shadow likes ÒÇîZA WARUDOÒÇì better than time slow, so let's drop that subject and get back on who would win.

MYHERO said:
@Malox Shadow already proved that Shadow likes ÒÇîZA WARUDOÒÇì better than time slow, so let's drop that subject and get back on who would win.
before u gang up on me see if what he says is true like in 2006 shadow just slows, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QFPcG9D5aWg go to 1.20 min and that was with chaos emerald too (u can go 0.5 speed to see it more clearly)

this is why i hate arguing here as i always have to double check other statments

@Malox Yeah Shadow is definitely wrong there after a relook. But the most recent version shows timestop without an emerald, and I'm willing to go with that more often than not.

BTW im not saying eh can't im just saying that is less likely that he uses it instead of time slow and it obv cost more, and he already spams slow much more in older game too (if im not wrong even his speed was related to him constantly slowing time around him to be faster in one game)

The topic is that, as the fight boils down to how likely is shadow to use time stop as his first move, that's it.

Back