• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Zombieman has the same type of immortality as Shadow, and yet he was effected instantly by Garou's radiation.
No, I meant, Zombieman’s immortality wasn’t created to cure incurable diseases known to science.

Sun radiation is not a lot compared to Garou's, just letting you know.
It’s fine, i’m not arguing immunity. Just lasting longer than the Rich Kid.

"Lasting longer" Not much longer tbh.

Shadow can probably get the win some times, but it's way more likely to be an inconclusive or win for Garou based on the radiation imo.

"Lasting longer" Not much longer tbh.

Shadow can probably get the win some times, but it's way more likely to be an inconclusive or win for Garou based on the radiation imo.
I mean, we’ve already done this song and dance so many times without a counter argument that time stop prevents atoms of the radiation being effective, so it’s a mute argument by this point in the thread.

Astronauts in the ISS are only exposed to about 50 to 2,000 msv during their time in space. To cause immediate hair loss and blood vomiting the level would have to be about 10,000 msv with death being almost inevitable within weeks. If exposure causes victims to fall asleep aka coma, such as what Garou did and if we low-balled the S-class being in Garou's presence to be over 3 minutes from the time he arrived, they would've been exposed to about 60,000 to 70,000 msv. Even being exposed to the Chernobyl reactor core for 10 minutes after the meltdown only reaches 50,000 msv. If the S-class were in Garou's presence between 2 min to a couple of seconds then exposure would be about 80,000 to 100,000 msv.

Keep in mind time and amount of exposure factor into these numbers. Like being exposed to 2,000 msv over an hour is worse than being exposed to 2,000 msv over a year.
  • Being on a plane: 0.001 mSv a hour
  • Natural background radiation someone from the US will receive: 0.1 mSv a year
  • A chest X-Ray: 1.2 mSv
  • The US limit for Nuclear Workers: 50 mSv a year
  • The radiation that Chernobyl Recovery workers were it by: 170 mSv
  • Unshielded radiation levels in space: 400-900 mSv a year
  • 800 rads (8 grays) for consistently fatal ranges of radiation death within 7-28 days even with top medical care = 8,000 mSv
  • 1,000 rads (Confirmed threshold for acute radiation syndrome) = 10,000 mSv
  • Radiation received by people when Chernobyl went critical: 16,000 mSv
  • >3,000 rads (30 grays) range where the person usually dies within 24-48 hours due to radiation exposure and organ failure = 30,000 mSv
  • 5,000 rads (50 gray) range where the nervous system shuts down due to radiation damaging how bio-electricity moves through your body = 50,000 mSv
So basically being in outer space is about 4,000 times the radiation levels of a standard human. Being given a lethal dose of radiation within minutes would indicate about 40 to 125 times that radiation output (well maybe not since unshielded radiation is per year while that level of radiation was only a couple minutes/seconds of exposure).

I think they're trying to say you need to make it into a blog and get it accepted for it to be used? Not 100% sure.
That's not how it works. This is no different than if there was an earthquake. We could observe the damages and tremors to assess the magnitude. Why would I need to make a blog for this?

Pulling for straws.

Honestly i think we should probably make a CRT to specify the amount of radiation Garou would be emitting passively and with the GRB. And how many times it is compared to baseline space radiation. (although GRB will be uncertain because there's no real scientific knowledge about the size a real GRB has, only the amount of radiation it emits, so it's impossible to tell how much energy Garou's GRB emitted.) Would help a lot in future matches.

That's not how it works. This is no different than if there was an earthquake. We could observe the damages and tremors to assess the magnitude. Why would I need to make a blog for this?

Pulling for straws.
I'm not sure tbh. I dunno if potency needs to be blogged to be useable or not. Since this wiki likes to use the "If it's not on the profile, it can't be used". I figure that's the reason?

I'm not sure tbh. I dunno if potency needs to be blogged to be useable or not. Since this wiki likes to use the "If it's not on the profile, it can't be used". I figure that's the reason?
It's different if we were using something like heat, where there is something that needs to be calced and different values can be found, but when there are objective ratings for things (earthquakes, radiation, voltage, ect.), you wouldn't need to blog it.

I know that at least for hax you kinda need a CRT to specify it, like the type isekai protagonists get every 2 weeks to get 10 extra layers on their passive hax and such. Specially if it's something that would be contested or requires a more complex explanation and context to be justified.

It's different if we were using something like heat, where there is something that needs to be calced and different values can be found, but when there are objective ratings for things (earthquakes, radiation, voltage, ect.), you wouldn't need to blog it.
I agree with that concept, and I personally don't think it needs to be blogged, but I'm not sure if the wiki's standards allow that or not. I would think they would require a CRT or something at least if it involves potency of a hax (Especially if it involves math). I won't peruse this any further though as I'm no expert on vs wiki guidelines.

Kachon is right, this is often the same thing we do when we try to find the temperature of fire and whatnot.

We look for values that it would be equivalent to based on what it's shown. It doesn't really need a blog or CRT.

AFAIK, a blog is not strictly needed unless it's a very confusing topic or something that you have to really explain to understand. That said, it's still useful as a reference point that people can direct others to and helps keep whatever the subject matter in perspective.

If Garou's radiation levels are cause so many problems, than it's best to create a blog.

I agree with that concept, and I personally don't think it needs to be blogged, but I'm not sure if the wiki's standards allow that or not. I would think they would require a CRT or something at least if it involves potency of a hax (Especially if it involves math). I won't peruse this any further though as I'm no expert on vs wiki guidelines.
Wiki guidelines don't require a blog for something like this.

I'm not wrong. Literally the only reason people are voting Shadow is because they're ignoring the fact that he gets incapped the moment the fight starts.
They think he doesn't die before using Chaos Control and either killing Garou, or sealing him. On a second note, what's the range of Garou's radiation aura. Apologies if i missed it

It's only that fast if he starts at melee range. SBA would have them at farthest range from the character with least range wich would be hundreds of meters for shadow. At this distance he stops time and at best he starts feeling effects like headache nausea and nosebleeding while in timestop (mostly because Garou's radiation was killing fish through water. for more or less this range and Shadow will be exposed to it for a short moment.) Wich would probably not be enough to force him out of it.
If he fails to finish Garou off that's when things go downhill for him,since he just got within instant death for normal human range. At this point he is kinda doomed to die due to sheer cellular damage. Fairly high chance he just falls into a coma or gets damaged to the point of being too weakened to do anything.

They think he doesn't die before using Chaos Control and either killing Garou, or sealing him. On a second note, what's the range of Garou's radiation aura. Apologies if i missed it
Kilometers, possibly Planetary.

Sigh, imo, i do think we’ve been talking in circles with Kachon123 for quite some time now. He says something, we explain, he plays dumb, we do it all over again.

The 24 hour time up is almost over.

I swear this guy is slow because there's no way someone can convince themselves that they're right so hard that they ignore blatant facts

Your both being asses(with Elixir at least trying to be subtle about it).

Just stop insulting each other or being sarcastic. Debates go nowhere when those participating in them get this irritated.

Sigh, imo, i do think we’ve been talking in circles with Kachon123 for quite some time now. He says something, we explain, he plays dumb, we do it all over again.

The 24 hour time up is almost over.
The playing dumb part isn't helping. We can't keep circulating toxicity in this thread. It'll get closed at this rate.

The playing dumb part isn't helping. We can't keep circulating toxicity in this thread. It'll get closed at this rate.
You’re right. I’m sorry. It just gets frustrating to explain the same thing over and over again and not hearing proper counter arguments on certain topics. I really shouldn’t let other peoples attitudes get to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back