• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Senran Kagura Slight Speed Downgrade

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/U...jin/A_looked_over_speed_feat_of_Senran_Kagura

This calc was made because a character said a ping pong ball looked like it was moving as fast as a bullet to her. This seems like it could just be hyperbole on said character's part. It doesn't seem like there's anything to backup that it was literally moving at bullet speed.

Otherwise, the characters ca still react to 760 m/s bullets so they'd be Supersonic just not Supersonic+.

I'd like to reafirm my comment on the blog itself

If it's literal, then it would just be bullet speed, not something really calced.

The statement is "Kind of like a bullet, really" and doesn't justify using the speed of an actual bullet, so I agree with the OP

I know this is a Necro but I agree with these points, is there a reason this wasn't applied?

That explosion doesn't do any damage to its surroundings, not even to the building it happens in. Otherwise I'd have calced it long ago.

I know, explosions that don't destroy the surroundings are set to 5 psi instead of 20 psi. Otherwise the feat would've been 60 Tons. I mention that in the blog.

The explosion clearly comes out of the building, like the fireball extends to outside of it, yet somehow the entirety of the surroundings are unscathed. So that doesn't seem like a valid feat.

Not to mention the canonicity of the OVA it happens in is questionable

Why?

I'm at the ping pong scene right now and I don't see anything important. Is there another scene like this or am I missing something?

Chapter 10, I saw that one.

That's too small though, it won't even get 8-C results. (I'll check quickly)

Yep it's only 9-A

Depends on the size of the building, the materials it's made out of, and the method of destruction. Is this something that happens?

Yes and no, let's just say that I'm writing a SK adaptation where I make a character blow up in this level of explosion.

For reference it's the same building as where Homura wasted that drug dealer

That's why I said I disagree, I dropped it because I felt you were correct about explosion and didn't see the point in arguing it. Though I might ask other calc members if it's okay.

I'm pretty sure this is wrong, in Burst Re:Newal, this same feat happens again, only that instead of "bullet speed" they say that the ping pong ball looks to be everywhere at once in the table, idk how that can be calc'd but pretty sure it'd be higher, different than bullet speed at the very least.

Back