• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Originally I was going to attempt at calcing the energy needed to melt Kyoto, but I came at a roadblock of sorts, try any pick which building should be used in this image here:
Why? Just find the most common material and the one with the highest melting point. Can't be a super rare material, but one that is common and is in almost all buildings. The OG calc using the melting point of iron was fine, since iron is abundant in al of these buildings.

Glass, Iron, or whatever works fine.

Why? Just find the most common material and the one with the highest melting point. Can't be a super rare material, but one that is common and is in almost all buildings. The OG calc using the melting point of iron was fine, since iron is abundant in al of these buildings.
Because for those materials you also require the latent heat of fusion for them to melt, not to mention that materials like glass and concrete have higher Specific Heat Capacities than air

Also, according to here, air has a Specific heat of 1.005 J/(kg*C) at 10 C

I don't understand what you're talking about.

Is the calculation not finding the energy required to heat the air/space of Kyoto to the temperature needed to melt iron/glass?

Let's just prioritize the High 8-C+ stuff, I think having some staff on here can help out
I don't mind that.

But we need staff for that too. Can't change the profiles without staff agreement on it. I already said I agree with it, but my agreement means nothing.

DontTalkDT is usually very busy, so I think there's a low chance he'll respond. Though his response would be very appreciated.

Maybe prepare a summary of what is being discussed now or update the OP? Unless you want staff to talk about the spinning speed and High 3-A stuff?

Last edited:
I agree with Rusty I'd just find the most common materials present across the area and find their melting points which would be any buildings present basically and you could try to find an estimate of the amount of buildings present there probably the easiest way would be using the common feat for incinerating/liquifying a building and still multiply that by the amount of buildings present in the region which you could simply find an estimate by looking it up

https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:Mr._Bambu/General_Calc:_Incineration_of_a_Building

Well, I also think that the values I got from the calculator are also just as valid considering that the feat deals with heat and the link from which I got the calculator from literally deals with heat too. Also to ask, why would it just be buildings melting when the screenshot mentions a blast too?

Also, which building here in the image might be the best to be used?

Last edited:
Come to think of it, when it comes to lifting strength, shouldn't Yomi upscale from Daidoji in Lifting Strength? I mean they literally DREW it as such:

(Physical strength ranking shown).

Well, I also think that the values I got from the calculator are also just as valid considering that the feat deals with heat and the link from which I got the calculator from literally deals with heat too. Also to ask, why would it just be buildings melting when the screenshot mentions a blast too?
Just for a quick update, I had the original quote translated, this is what I got:

Giving my own personal knowledge of this series, I think the Glass melting version with latent heat in the calc above is currently the best way of getting the results.

This is still a low ball, but I think is reasonable enough with the information we have right now.

Unless someone can make a better calc.

@DemonGodMitchAubin

After playing about with this calculator, I found the value of Kagura's feat (assuming the Air blast radius to be the radius of Kyoto, ~16.2 km) to be 220-221 Megatons (7-A)

I also did a version assuming ionizing radiation radius and got 5.8-5.9 Gigatons (6-C)

And a version assuming minimum fireball radius: 8.54-8.6 Gigatons (6-C)

If I were to take my pick from these values, it would be the fireball radius value because that is the radius where everything is vaporized within it which is consistent with "it seems that a astounding amount of heat is released, causing the elimination of the the entire area"

8-C+ characters become High 8-C+ via Orochi's calculation. (7.61 Tons of TNT)

High 7-A+ characters become 6-C. (5.36 Gigaton of TNT)

As I said, the glass melting end should be fine to use. Also I've recently learned that the method to find Mirai's reaction speed here isn't usable. However it means little since her bullet speed is able to meet the tank firing at half way, despite shooting after it fired, this means her bullet is equal to or faster than the tank's round.

As such her bullets and whoever scales should just be somewhere from 1530 m/s to 1750 m/s, which is Supersonic+ to Hypersonic. This would scale to their reactions and combat speed, their running/travel speed would be something else. Right now I can say Subsonic (138 m/s) for Hibari running faster than a bullet train.

Though other travel feats may exist.

@Dalesean027

For Kagura's melting feat.

Do you think the glass melting end is fine to use or the fireball radius in the calculator mentioned above?

Currently I've been unable to successfully find a way to calculating melting the majority of the buildings in the area as well.

Oops, never mind that. I forgot what the calc was doing. Thought it was something else. Should read again before speaking.

Regardless they'd be faster anyway with the bullet scaling.

For Kagura's melting feat.

Do you think the glass melting end is fine to use or the fireball radius in the calculator mentioned above?

Currently I've been unable to successfully find a way to calculating melting the majority of the buildings in the area as well
Forgot about this thread what was the feat again?

Hm well I'd say the glass method is fine then since its not an explosion
Although, I got the calculator from here which, as the title says, deals with heat based feats

And this it the original quote with translation:

The fireball radius is being asked about because that's the radius were as the quote states "it seems that a astounding amount of heat is released, causing the elimination of the the entire area."

@TheRustyOne @Dalesean027 I played with the other calculator and got some interesting results (I used the emissivity of concrete):

Using melting of glass temperature

6.68794173162E+14 J/s or 1.59845643681166E+05 Tons of TNT/s (High 7-C)

Using boiling of glass temperature

1.73317516102E+15 J/s or 4.14238805215105E+05 Tons of TNT/s (High 7-C)

Using lightning bolt temperature:

3.57385635054E+19 J/s or 8.54172167911090E+09 Tons of TNT/s (6-C)

Using nuclear fireball temperature (although would like anyone willing to read this for help)

4.41221654155E+33 J/s or 1.05454506251195E+24 Tons of TNT/s (5-B)

I'm not familiar with the calculator at all. Not certain if that's usable here, if that's how it works, and if it's better over the latent heat method.

However I don't know why you keep making these different temperature results, such as lightning or nuclear fireball stuff, it's just clutter.

@Dalesean027

Are you familiar with this?

I'm not familiar with the calculator at all. Not certain if that's usable here, if that's how it works, and if it's better over the latent heat method.

However I don't know why you keep making these different temperature results, such as lightning or nuclear fireball stuff, it's just clutter.

@Dalesean027

At work still can't answer

@Dalesean027

No I'm not familiar with that at all and honestly the end we currently have is good enough as is

I'll quote the pages says:

When dealing with a feat that is heat related only, we can still manage to find Destructive capacity, by finding the given temperature of the object in question, estimate or calculate its surface area and emissivity, and apply the values to the following Calculator:

http://www.endmemo.com/physics/radenergy.php
Of course considering that a translation of the original quotes says "it seems that an astounding amount of heat is released, causing the elimination of the the entire area", there's no reason to believe that Kagura can't reach those temperatures

Last hypersonic calc is invalid since the truck rotates across the axis passing though its centel and centrifugal force only describes the stress the truck experiences. In fact even if centrifugal force does push agains the umbrella you only need to push it upwards to counter that force. There's no need to swing the umbrella that fast

Asked by Ant to talk here.

If one attack destroys an entire area... can non-nuclear air blast fireball yield calculator be slapped into instead?

Also, is there "no crater behind"? Like ordinary nuclear blasts also claims "leaves no crater behind" but it does.

Although, I got the calculator from here which, as the title says, deals with heat based feats

And this it the original quote with translation:

The fireball radius is being asked about because that's the radius were as the quote states "it seems that a astounding amount of heat is released, causing the elimination of the the entire area."

Likely just meaning "Kyoto would be covered by one fireball" if you actually take the context.

Just measure the minimal circle areea required to cover one Kyoto, deduce its radius, and slap the non-nuclear air blast fireball yield and ask me to evaluate.

Last edited:
Likely just meaning "Kyoto would be covered by one fireball" if you actually take the context.

Just measure the minimal circle areea required to cover one Kyoto, deduce its radius, and slap the non-nuclear air blast fireball yield and ask me to evaluate.
This is what I had gotten

And a version assuming minimum fireball radius: 8.54-8.6 Gigatons (6-C)

Although what is your stance on melting vs nuclear fireball vs radiation?

Back