• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
The manga doesn't show if it was or not. On one page everyone is standing still and then on the next, Tella is blocking multiple attacks one of which is the staff.
Ah, that complicates things a bit. Also, I'm not sure if this is true, but doesn't the staff vary in power and speed based on who's using it? I recall hearing something along those lines. It's possible that when it pulled off the MHS feat that more power was exerted into it to greatly increase its size and speed but when used in this feat was only used to apply supersonic speed to it.

Ah, that complicates things a bit. Also, I'm not sure if this is true, but doesn't the staff vary in power and speed based on who's using it? I recall hearing something along those lines. It's possible that when it pulled off the MHS feat that more power was exerted into it to greatly increase its size and speed but when used in this feat was only used to apply supersonic speed to it.
It varies in size depending on how many people are touching it. Shen and Mui together made it super large against Summer. And then later on Shen, Mui, and Feng used it together to push back God. But there was no mention of a speed increase although a speed increase is plausible.

The staff’s abilities are mentioned twice, it’s able to extend, bend, enlarge. It never is mentioned that the user can control the speed of it’s extension, this means the speed is set. Another thing to consider is that Shen would mention that he could control the speed as speed is incredibly important in fights but he never mentions it. Another thing to take into account is that Shen states “for larger operations, it puts a huge strain on the user, so it does have it’s limits” now whats a larger operation? So a larger operation is the enlargement of it to the point Mui needs to help. We can conclude several things from this: Alone Shen can extend it hundreds of kilometers by himself without effort. A larger operation is not extending it far distances or else Shen would’ve needed Fuuko or Andy to help. And if speed was controllable then the strain on Shen to make the staff go MHS speeds isn’t huge on him as Shen right after this fought against Victor and had no trouble in terms of stamina and only lost due to being weaker.

To start, we see here that Top (without his suit) is at best Supersonic in speed via breaking the sound barrier.
This doesn't seem like breaking the sound barrier, however, that isn't important since there would be no reason why he wouldn't be MHS due to downscaling.
Further solidified here during the spring arc as we see him outrun and dodge bullets.
Same reason as mentioned before, there wouldn't be a reason this would be an anti-feat.
Andy, Shen, and Billy couldn't react to base Top. The Justification for MHS speeds is that Andy and Juiz could keep pace with Shen's staff yet Billy has no issues seeing all 3 of them coming at him.
We can see Shen and Andy (Andy does react slightly) having trouble reacting here, Billy is unknown. He has been shown not to care about getting damaged due to having Undead. This would also apply to the revolver as he is nonchalant about getting shot, he barely acknowledges it.
Once Billy copied Unstoppable, Neither Shen nor Andy could see him move. It should be noted that Billy's version of Unstoppable isn't as good as Top's and yet Andy still couldn't react to him. During the Spring arc, Andy couldn't react to the bullets and he also admitted beforehand that Top would be the one to strike him because of his Unstoppable ability. Remember, Top in Base has only displayed Supersonic feats so this is consistent.
This is possibly due to the nature of Unstoppable, the speed it gives the user varies but I can agree this instance is slightly inconsistent. Furthermore, Andy can react to it, the problem was the force of the kick, Fuuko however could not react. For the final scan you showed here, I have 2 major problems. First of all, Andy again did react to it, but due to it being a surprise attack from around the corner, so he didn't have the time to dodge. It also seems to have been activated in advance as the bullets were already in the air by the time Andy went around the corner. The second problem I have is your "he also admitted beforehand that Top would be the one to strike him". The scan you've shown explains that Andy is vulnerable to Creed's gun due to the sheer force of the bullets, then explains that Chikara and Top are better candidates as Chikara can stop him and Top has the necessary movement speed to strike him while he's vulnerable so those two would be better and Andy would be better off somewhere else.
Another thing is, Top running around the World is an MHS feat. If everyone was MHS like the profiles say, this would not be something that only Top could have done. It narratively doesn't make sense that everyone is in that speed range.
This part is untrue, Top has something every other character doesn't, movement speed which would allow the necessary attack to be performed. I do partially agree with you here however, movement speed should be separated from reaction or it should be clarified that the speed mentioned is reaction/combat.
And finally, it should be noted and acknowledged that Shen's staff was slower than sound. Remember, Shen's staff extension is the whole basis for MHS speed scaling. This along with everything else should be enough to prove that the verse is more consistently in the Supersonic range and not MHS.
I don't think this is a fair point. Tesla has Untell which can create an invisible barrier that stops attacks. This is also a version of Tesla whose interpretation we don't really know about. We don't know if this is sound or not.
Tesla was surprised that Juiz deflected one of Billy's bullets at point blank, not simply reacting to it. For the Billy scan, Andy looked at Billy, he was capable of reacting to it. Even if you do try to say he wasn't, this would still be a surprise attack so it isn't a good example of an anti-feat.

What I do agree with?
I agree that speed is inconsistent and the verse requires a rework. Bullets are a tricky subject in the verse as they would be in One Piece. Some weaker characters like Fuuko earlier in the series should not scale, the same goes for some of the current characters. I still believe that as shown with Andy, top tiers and some other characters should have at least MHS reaction.

Idek why bullet feats is whats used to downplay the verse, these characters have way too much mhs feats for it to just be inconsistent. And the way Top is in the verse, he isn’t meant to be this speed cap at all, his best feature is that he can travel fast not fight fast.

Would just like to point out that Billy's unstoppable being less refined than Top's
didn't stop Billy from breaking his leg lmao.
0032-008.png

0032-009.png

This doesn't seem like breaking the sound barrier, however, that isn't important since there would be no reason why he wouldn't be MHS due to downscaling.

Same reason as mentioned before, there wouldn't be a reason this would be an anti-feat.

We can see Shen and Andy (Andy does react slightly) having trouble reacting here, Billy is unknown. He has been shown not to care about getting damaged due to having Undead. This would also apply to the revolver as he is nonchalant about getting shot, he barely acknowledges it.

This is possibly due to the nature of Unstoppable, the speed it gives the user varies but I can agree this instance is slightly inconsistent. Furthermore, Andy can react to it, the problem was the force of the kick, Fuuko however could not react. For the final scan you showed here, I have 2 major problems. First of all, Andy again did react to it, but due to it being a surprise attack from around the corner, so he didn't have the time to dodge. It also seems to have been activated in advance as the bullets were already in the air by the time Andy went around the corner. The second problem I have is your "he also admitted beforehand that Top would be the one to strike him". The scan you've shown explains that Andy is vulnerable to Creed's gun due to the sheer force of the bullets, then explains that Chikara and Top are better candidates as Chikara can stop him and Top has the necessary movement speed to strike him while he's vulnerable so those two would be better and Andy would be better off somewhere else.

This part is untrue, Top has something every other character doesn't, movement speed which would allow the necessary attack to be performed. I do partially agree with you here however, movement speed should be separated from reaction or it should be clarified that the speed mentioned is reaction/combat.

I don't think this is a fair point. Tesla has Untell which can create an invisible barrier that stops attacks. This is also a version of Tesla whose interpretation we don't really know about. We don't know if this is sound or not.

Tesla was surprised that Juiz deflected one of Billy's bullets at point blank, not simply reacting to it. For the Billy scan, Andy looked at Billy, he was capable of reacting to it. Even if you do try to say he wasn't, this would still be a surprise attack so it isn't a good example of an anti-feat.

What I do agree with?
I agree that speed is inconsistent and the verse requires a rework. Bullets are a tricky subject in the verse as they would be in One Piece. Some weaker characters like Fuuko earlier in the series should not scale, the same goes for some of the current characters. I still believe that as shown with Andy, top tiers and some other characters should have at least MHS reaction.
I won't respond to everything since you concluded that you agree it needs to be reworked. However, I disagree on a couple of things.

One, if you have MHS reaction, I don't think it matters at all if someone uses a surprise attack of bullets. We're talking about someone that can supposedly react to someone going Mach 5841 (going off the calc) that's not even MHS actually. It's MHS+. It just doesn't make sense to me that a hail of bullets would ever catch someone who can react that fast off guard. They'd still have more than enough time to move out of the way even if the bullets were point-blank in his face. Maybe I'm wrong there but I don't see how that makes sense.

Another thing. You said Andy can react to Billy but I disagree. Andy can see Billy's movements but he can't physically move his body in time to block meaning his reactions are too slow. A great example of that is this instance from Hell's Paradise.

I think I've made a solid case for Tella so I'll leave that argument alone.

I'm open to MHS reaction for high tiers if the argument makes enough sense. But the staff scaling is too inconsistent in my opinion.

Would just like to point out that Billy's unstoppable being less refined than Top's
didn't stop Billy from breaking his leg lmao.
0032-008.png

0032-009.png
How fast does a person have to run in order to break their leg when they hit something? You'd need to answer that before using this instance as an argument.

Another thing. You said Andy can react to Billy but I disagree. Andy can see Billy's movements but he can't physically move his body in time to block meaning his reactions are too slow. A great example of that is this instance from Hell's Paradise.
You aren't reading the manga if you think Andy can't react.
0034-008.png

How fast does a person have to run in order to break their leg when they hit something? You'd need to answer that before using this instance as an argument.
He intercepted Top in mid travel, are you just being daft here or what?

You aren't reading the manga if you think Andy can't react.
0034-008.png
The scan itself debunks you. "you still need to block the attack" he physically could not move his body before getting hit meaning he's too slow.

The scan itself debunks you. "you still need to block the attack" he physically could not move his body before getting hit meaning he's too slow.
Andy couldn't move, it's made very clear that when Andy has Fuuko with him, fighting is harder in terms of dodging stuff. Here we have Gina just outright saying he would have dodged if he didn't have Fuuko with him. So going by this, being a very basic idea in reality, when he got kicked by Billy, he reacted physically
but since he has to worry about Fuuko too, he only blocked.

You realize that still only puts Billy in the supersonic range right? Nothing changes.
No, you haven't actually made a concrete argument for Top being only supersonic. Your only argument was breaking the sound barrier, which was based on just visual effect, no statement, no narrative backing that interpretation.

Andy couldn't move, it's made very clear that when Andy has Fuuko with him, fighting is harder in terms of dodging stuff. Here we have Gina just outright saying he would have dodged if he didn't have Fuuko with him. So going by this, being a very basic idea in reality, when he got kicked by Billy, he reacted physically
but since he has to worry about Fuuko too, he only blocked.
He didn't react physically. Billy is telling you that. Andy had to physically move Fuuko out of the way against Gina so that's not the same. He didn't block anything against Billy.

No, you haven't actually made a concrete argument for Top being only supersonic. Your only argument was breaking the sound barrier, which was based on just visual effect, no statement, no narrative backing that interpretation.
I showed Top outrunning and dodging bullets. You have continuously ignored that throughout this entire thread. That's a Supersonic feat or in the supersonic range. I'm not sure what you're not understanding about that.

He didn't react physically. Billy is telling you that. Andy had to physically move Fuuko out of the way against Gina so that's not the same. He didn't block anything against Billy.
He blocked the attack. that is a reaction, that is him moving his arm and swinging his sword to react. And my point completely went over your head, Andy struggles in combat when he has to worry about Fuuko, that is the same case against Billy.

I showed Top outrunning and dodging bullets. You have continuously ignored that throughout this entire thread. That's a Supersonic feat or in the supersonic range. I'm not sure what you're not understanding about that.
Top kicked missiles too, did you just forget this? No one is ignoring them, you're just using that to limit the speed when a feat doesn't limit what a character can do.

He blocked the attack. that is a reaction, that is him moving his arm and swinging his sword to react. And my point completely went over your head, Andy struggles in combat when he has to worry about Fuuko, that is the same case against Billy.

Top kicked missiles too, did you just forget this? No one is ignoring them, you're just using that to limit the speed when a feat doesn't limit what a character can do.
Dude what? Andy never swung his arm... You are reaching badly here. That literally didn't happen. Billy says in the scan Andy needs to block...meaning he didn't block. There's no way you actually believe what you're saying right now.

Missiles vary in speed. Not a debunk. And they definitely don't reach MHS-MHS+ lol. Post what type of Missiles Creed is using and show how fast those particular missiles are.

I think the biggest problem here is that Taro didn't explain the supersonic argument the best which caused miscommunication between you two.

Btw for the Andy blocking Billy part, it can be interpreted two ways, either Billy couldn't block in time or he failed to block in time, I'm more inclined to say the latter due to Andy's comment.

Dude what? Andy never swung his arm... You are reaching badly here. That literally didn't happen. Billy says in the scan Andy needs to block...meaning he didn't block. There's no way you actually believe what you're saying right now.
0034-007.png

0034-008.png

You're just lying at this point.
If this isn't clear for you, Billy is coming from Andy's side, and next page, we see Billy got his leg cut off, Andy swung his sword.

Where do you see Andy moving his arm at all in these scans??
How do you think Billy got his leg cut off? Why do you think Billy said "not bad"? I genuinely don't know if you're being disingenuous here or actually just oblivious to what happened.

How do you think Billy got his leg cut off? Why do you think Billy said "not bad"? I genuinely don't know if you're being disingenuous here or actually just oblivious to what happened.
Ah, you are completely right. I didn't notice his leg was cut off. That's my mistake.

Tbh I think we wait for the mods at this point, we went all around everything, and the only thing left are the constant back and forths.

Yeah and he stopped, top breaks his leg by stopping often in the series. He didn't appear to be kicked in the leg either.
He didn't stop, it only looks that way. You know how the only way for Top to stop is by breaking part of his body, in the scan before the kick, the leg we see broken in the next page is fine, which would mean Billy's kick hit Top in the leg, breaking his leg.

But regardless of what happened or how it happened, Billy still dodged the initial attack.

He didn't stop, it only looks that way. You know how the only way for Top to stop is by breaking part of his body, in the scan before the kick, the leg we see broken in the next page is fine, which would mean Billy's kick hit Top in the leg, breaking his leg.

But regardless of what happened or how it happened, Billy still dodged the initial attack.
He says to top "you can't stop unless your body under goes drastic changes" then both of their legs are broken. It's the power not the kick, I don't see what this has to do with the speed scaling to begin with??

Back