• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I've taken the time to look at the current calcs for Senran Kagura and I noticed a couple of flaws in them such as using the wrong density for calculating for solid nitrogen, not calculating for ice too, not using the specific heat or heat of fusion/vaporization for solid nitrogen, not accounting that Japanese castles are made up other materials besides wood, and not accounting for the entire structure of Hebijo academy. Luckly I too the time to redo the calcs, and these are the results:

Ryona freezing calc

Using ice I ended up with 23.193469469343043 Tons or 8-B results, and using solid nitrogen I ended up with 8.61083502978443 Tons or High 8-C+ results

And for the Asuka vs Homura calc (which has been evaluated by three members so far, but I'd rather hold my breath to get the evaluation of more calc members), I ended up using pulverization, KE, and PE to calc the AP, of hooooooh boy!! This calc drove me crazy! I'm not doing anymore calcs for a while after this! It took me three days to complete it and had to stay up until almost 4 am for one of them!

But the results are worth it:

The pulverization ends range from 7-C to High 7-C

The KE ends range from High 8-C to Low 7-C

And the PE ends range from 8-B to
7-C

So I think it may be time to upgrade Senran Kagura

I also think it would be a good idea to add these keys below:

Burst/Timeline 2 | Deep Crimson

Unlike with Shinovi Versus, Deep Crimson the characters have gotten much stronger with Homura having defeated Rin, and later on in the game, after training with Rin and Daidouji, Homura and Asuka together fight Adult Kagura and Naraku and win, and Crimson Homura and Ultimate Asuka fight true Kagura

So for the keys I propose (at least of Asuka and Homura):

8-C+, Low 7-C with Crimson Mode/Ultimate Mode | Low 7-C, likely higher, High 7-A with Crimson Mode/Ultimate Mode

And for characters like Daidouji and Rin I'd have:

at least Low 7-C, possibly higher

This is based on powerscaling since the two did train together

@TheRustyOne

Last edited:
Senran Kagura is a verse I want to help change, but I have so many verses I want to "help" out that I can't spend much time in one. I cannot comment on the calcs themselves, if the calc group members accept them then what they accepted should be alright to use.

Separating into keys is something I wanted to do, But I haven't researched enough to know how these timelines work.

Lifting Strength... seems wrong. Lifting Strength should come from lifting, pushing, throwing, or crushing from what I'm aware of. They didn't do either of these, the accounts I see of this feat are them clashing together and the force of their clash destroys the building. The rubble flying upwards don't scale to their Lifting Strength.

Also you should probably edit the blog page of both calcs, that way people can see what end has actually been accepted. That way people don't have to look through the entire blog to try and find the correct calc. I'm not fully certain what has been accepted there or not, I won't get involved in that

There is some scaling I've been curious about as well, but currently I haven't been through all of the games/spins off that I can confidently say anything about it.

Basically the calcs are fine if the calc group has accepted them.

Also, what would you say is happening based on this gif?

Last edited:
Wait, i will try something. Gonna try to reach out to the senran kagura experts here.
Oh crap, there is literally almost no one there in senran kagura supporters.

If this is simply an upgrade based on accepted calculations, it should be uncontroversial to apply.

Remember to list them in the verse page though.

If this is simply an upgrade based on accepted calculations, it should be uncontroversial to apply.
Although what each of the calc members have accepted does not agree with each other, @KLOL506 thinks I should use KE but @Therefir and @Dark-Carioca think I should use pulverization (although they are differing values of pulverization)

Also, @KLOL506 wasn't clear on what he meant by "nitrogen-combined version"

Last edited:
Hmm. That is a problem then.

Can you link to each calculation for which our calc group members disagreed with each other, and explain the relevant issues for them, please?

I can call for the calc group members in question afterwards.

The castle-busting calc looks convoluted as **** and completely altered the image order. But image 4 seems to be a good option to go with. Use 50% wood and 50% stone for the volume.

As for the freezing calc using nitrogen, Therefir said the normal ice version was good to go, so make what you will out of that. Maybe nitrogen is relegated to freezing the Earth's entire atmosphere while all else is relegated to normal ice.

It's not 1747 J/cc, it's 17.47 J/cc. You forgot adding the decimal point. Please do not forget to add the decimal point.

Speaking of which, might as well remove Images 1-3 and their calcs, and only leave Image 4, since the other images were rejected.

Also now that I look at it, when I put your math into the google calculator the results do not match.

For Image 4 you got 175921.8069 m^3, but when I put the math into google, I get 289830.815684 m^3. Seems like you messed up somewhere. Also I do not understand why you then divided the volume with 0.08.

@KLOL506 I was using google spreadsheet as my calculator (it definitely creates less of a mess when compared to Wolfram Alpha)

Also in light of realizing J/cc does not equal N/mm^2, I realized I was using the wrong destruction value for the foundation, it should be 214 J/cc

Last edited:
@KLOL506 I decided to try plugging the numbers into wolfram alpha to see what volume I get, and I got similar results to what I got in spreadsheet.

Also, if you didn't see the Himeji castle scaling part of the calc, that's where I got the 0.08 from.

You know, considering how effortless the 8-B feat was, could it be possible to have the pages say "possibly higher"?

I originally was thinking of multiply the 8-B result by a multipler for full effort, but I'm not sure how well it works

Seems like he fixed his typo on the math. I'm taking a look.

You know, considering how effortless the 8-B feat was, could it be possible to have the pages say "possibly higher"?

I originally was thinking of multiply the 8-B result by a multipler for full effort, but I'm not sure how well it works
I'm not even certain if they should even be scaling to a temperature feat in the first place. I didn't want to bring it up, but I cannot remember if the Senran Kagura cast would physically scale to the energy used to freeze something in the first place. I think there was talk of dropping the feat but it never went anywhere.

Ryona's feat is also her ultimate move, the strongest attack a character can do. It takes up 5 scrolls worth of power vs the other ones which take 1 or 2 scrolls. The scrolls are just gameplay mechanics, but it still is her highest costing move. So at least I don't really agree with it being effortless.

But once again, do we have good reason to scale their physicals to a freezing feat? Does Senran Kagura have a shared energy source, Ryona uses the same energy to make the ice statue to also increase her physical strength?

Last edited:
I'm not even certain if they should even be scaling to a temperature feat in the first place. I didn't want to bring it up, but I cannot remember if the Senran Kagura cast would physically scale to the energy used to freeze something in the first place. I think there was talk of dropping the feat but it never went anywhere.

But once again, do we have good reason to scale their physicals to a freezing feat? Does Senran Kagura have a shared energy source, Ryona uses the same energy to make the ice statue to also increase their physical strength?
Yeah you need a universal power source for that stuff to scale to physicals. I'm not aware of any in Senran Kagura that fit the bill.

in the original game also, they used “Ninja Art Energy” instead of scrolls. Interpret what you will on what Ninja Art Energy is -ki, nen, chakra, the force, spirit energy- just know that by the logic of the first game at least, they use their own energy to do ninpō

There is still durability to consider, there are instances of characters tanking her ultimate move
There is no durability, they don't scale to that.

Sero got hit by Todoroki's strongest ice attack which is Tier 7, but that doesn't make him Tier 7. The energy being calculated in both of these cases aren't for attacking, it's the energy required to make the ice. Which doesn't scale to anyone, not without a shared energy source that is confirmed in universe and is shown to increase their physical abilities by a similar magnitude.

The energy/scroll gauge is completely game mechanics and has no bearing on anything. Unless the gauge is referenced in some way in actual scenes or something. However that isn't enough, we need an explanation on how that connects to Ryona's ice creation abilities, and if that same power can be used to increase physical abilities.

I'd like to see if there is such reasons before going forward.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back