• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

CW Green Arrow Speed Downgrade

Deagonx

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Long story short, many of the non-superpowered fighters in the CW verse have Supersonic speed based on scaling to Green Arrow, who is tiered based on alleged bullet-dodging feats. I think these feats are being interpreted very very generously and being used to apply a pretty outrageous upgrade to an entire verse of non-superpowered characters, and that is not ideal.

These are the links to the two "bullet-dodging" feats.

First link

In this one, there's really no indication that Oliver is doing a pull up and bullet speed in order to literally dodge the bullets. In fact, we literally know he isn't, because throughout the duration of the pull up, several different bullets visibly impact the objects around him. He's not moving nearly as fast as the bullets, the guy just has shit aim.

Second link

In this gif, the bullet impacts behind Oliver's head after he notices the shooter. I think in one thread someone showed frame-by-frame that the flash from the gun happens before Oliver notices, but watching in real time you don't really get that impression, and it happens extremely fast and is best interpreted as him realizing someone was behind him, and aim dodging the shot. This version of the gif is also edited for some reason. Oliver doesn't disappear that quickly.

Every other speed feat on any non-superhumans profile is them scaling to Oliver, or arrow feats. Arrows are 10 times slower than a bullet, and around 20-25% the speed of sound, which is not a supersonic feat. If every fighter in this show could fight at supersonic speeds, arrows would be a non-factor. Preferably, all of the characters should be downgraded to "Subsonic" for the arrow feats.

Last edited:
Every ******* green arrow GIF is so sped up to hell but here's a respect thread with speed feats

If you can get me what episodes they are I can make gifs that don't run at turbo speed.
This is a video with the second feat

Not sure about the first one, but it's moot since that one is very clearly not bullet timing (you can literally see bullets impacting while he does the pull up)

I feel like Green arrow probably has anti-feats too, for being able to do a pull up with the force to accelerate into bullet-dodging speed. That'd be so strong, it'd be absurd

Back