• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Senator Armstrong finds himself an Orc (Armstrong vs Grom)

So how good is Grom's skill here? The walking embodiment of capitalism has far higher LS and mid regen which could be big issues here.
Grom is the guy who literally fought an army for days without even being touched. I mean moshpit in the army not touched by a blade levels of fuckery.

Now is this even REMOTELY enough for Grom to even properly keep up in skill? hell no. But to tag Armstrong you don't need to be the most skilled guy and Grom has a hefty AP advantage

How good is Grom's tensile strength
🚬🗿
Bordering on Class K, which isn't enough to properly grapple with Armstrong... at all, actually, but it's a case of needing that kind of advantage

though Grom would be pretty difficult to grapple, he's large for an Orc and they're 7 feet on average, and they're built beefier than Armstrong. Pretty difficult to catch an agile opponent who can literally make shadow clones.

HOWEVER, Grom is not one for strategy, you'll be seeing no advanced tactics from him beyond using his arsenal effectively, which means fighting 4 groms but 3 of them are fake and can't deal damage

Bordering on Class K, which isn't enough to properly grapple with Armstrong... at all, actually, but it's a case of needing that kind of advantage

though Grom would be pretty difficult to grapple, he's large for an Orc and they're 7 feet on average, and they're built beefier than Armstrong. Pretty difficult to catch an agile opponent who can literally make shadow clones.

HOWEVER, Grom is not one for strategy, you'll be seeing no advanced tactics from him beyond using his arsenal effectively, which means fighting 4 groms but 3 of them are fake and can't deal damage
No no you misunderstand, not his LS. HIS tensile strength.

No no you misunderstand, not his LS. HIS tensile strength.
Never stated. Nobody has successfully choked out an Orc though, for the record. They're kinda all muscle no fat, so whatever tensile strength that gives.

Also Grom is beefy enough to seemingly not have that much of a neck lol

Never stated. Nobody has successfully choked out an Orc though, for the record. They're kinda all muscle no fat, so whatever tensile strength that gives.

Also Grom is beefy enough to seemingly not have that much of a neck lol
Choking is compressive strength.
Tearing my brother, coukd Armstrong just rip his ass in half.

Also fyi, Armstrong is massive, Cyborg Raiden is well over 6ft, he himself is almost 7ft.

Armstrong has literally millons (maybe even billons), of times more LS than the orc, he unironically could send him to space just by trowing him

Choking is compressive strength.
Tearing my brother, coukd Armstrong just rip his ass in half.

Also fyi, Armstrong is massive, Cyborg Raiden is well over 6ft, he himself is almost 7ft.
He'd have to do that without Grom blowing chunks out of him sufficient to kill him, considering it'd take awhile at the AP/dura gap
Armstrong has literally millons (maybe even billons), of times more LS than the orc, he unironically could send him to space just by trowing him
Unironically OOC lol

Is it really that OOC of Armstrong to try to crush someone, or just trow him around like paper?
It's OOC for Armstrong to BFR someone by throwing them, otherwise Raiden would've been sent to Narnia once Armstrong got serious... can't really recover him from the moon.

Also I just realized Grom might be receptive to Armstrong's Influencing, though I'd have to let Armstrong speak at least Common for them to understand eachother

Armstrong can still grapple though and he ragdolled Raiden pretty damn hard iirc thanks to playing college ball ya know. If Grom makes duplicates Armstrong can use shockwaves to take care of that. That being said Armstrong would likely wanna try and recruit Grom like the sigma capitalist that he is lol

Also nah my dude, it's why I asked.

What's lil bros tensile? Might just be like ripping a piece of paper.
Yeah, mate, swords have a tough time getting through Grom. And generally ripping things off doesn't happen in WoW, attempts are actually made on beings like Orcs and they generally don't work

Shear =/= tensile.

Smh, so he doesnt have any tensile feats?
Grom appears in like 2 novels and 2 fairly short games for limited times as a side character. He himself lacks tensile feats because he's frankly a fairly minor character who did two major things and that's why he's remembered

Other orcs have it for attempts to tear them apart not working, specifically by Old God minions over in Cataclysm.

Grom appears in like 2 novels and 2 fairly short games for limited times as a side character. He himself lacks tensile feats because he's frankly a fairly minor character who did two major things and that's why he's remembered

Other orcs have it for attempts to tear them apart not working, specifically by Old God minions over in Cataclysm.
What are their tensile feats then 😔
If it aint at least 10m tons, I fear Grom might get idk a topical pun but he'd die.

What are Grom's other wincons besides his stamina? Armstrong beats him in LS and skill.
Sheer AP hitting Armstrong through his Regen, mainly. Didn't want to use Cairne because he's even harder to Grapple and has a nasty stun that basically renders Armstrong helpless for a bit while the old bull wails on him.
What are their tensile feats then 😔
If it aint at least 10m tons, I fear Grom might get idk a topical pun but he'd die.
Generally, just ripping big ass holes in the ground or walls, there's no proper calcs for it because the only Old God minions I've made are Class Y(Though hilariously Neltharion thought that tearing an Orc in half was a useless prospect and it was better to just kill them outright, so you could argue their tensile is Class Y but that sounds outliery)

Well if propaganda won 🏆 If I make a Q and A thread on if it matters in matches I'll get staff replies saying it doesn't or that it does matter?
Of course you would, you'd get replies from dudes not knowing what they're talking about, or the usual "well it technically isnt wrong but lets ignore that" type deal.

It'd probably be better to deal with this after it actually becomes a topic.
Praying itll get mfs to actually make and compile feat boxes.
I wonder how high the AP difference needs to be so that Tensile Strength doesn't work.
Pretty high, even irl there's same materials that have a gap in the thousands between compressive/shear and tensile.

Doesnt help some verses in and of themselves have consistent anti-feats.
Sheer AP hitting Armstrong through his Regen, mainly. Didn't want to use Cairne because he's even harder to Grapple and has a nasty stun that basically renders Armstrong helpless for a bit while the old bull wails on him.

Generally, just ripping big ass holes in the ground or walls, there's no proper calcs for it because the only Old God minions I've made are Class Y(Though hilariously Neltharion thought that tearing an Orc in half was a useless prospect and it was better to just kill them outright, so you could argue their tensile is Class Y but that sounds outliery)
Wall rips tend to be high, Class M but thats nothing here, ground rips tho? Can you show me, that could easily get Class G, hell Tarkus' boulder rip from Jojo, is half way to G if you calc it via shear on the edges, to give you an idea how high that shit can get.

I thought you needed to have the ap advantage to tear people apart with higher lifting strength. That was what was decided last staff thread I saw, but if it changed I can understand it personally. This is reminding me a lot of Rwby’s explosion calc where that’s how it should go in real life but not how the site actually treats it and may need a staff thread.

Wall rips tend to be high, Class M but thats nothing here, ground rips tho? Can you show me, that could easily get Class G, hell Tarkus' boulder rip from Jojo, is half way to G if you calc it via shear on the edges, to give you an idea how high that shit can get.
I don't have access to the quest(Or playing the game, actually) right now
WorldMap-TwilightHighlands.jpg

But you see that Maw of Madness place at the top? That's Iso'rath deciding to rip itself from the ground, and it's one of the things that failed to tear an Orc apart

How the heck are there people out there that think Warcraft is human level (not on this site really) when something that did that doesn’t think it can tear an orc apart. Some people really do not know what goes on in the stories of games sometimes.

I thought you needed to have the ap advantage to tear people apart with higher lifting strength.
Nah see, that's the funny thing. You dont inherently need to.

Of course most of the time that's how itll play out, like it's why choking, crushing, etc with higher LS wouldnt work. The instant they take a punch, a punch would interact with shearing and compressive mechanics of the body. You get hit by a 7-C punch? Wow cool you neg Class G, maybe low T.

But ya see, tensile isnt so simple, that's ripping, pulling, tearing, a punch wouldnt interact with that, and as we know, things can differ in strength properties. Of course the instant they have any sort of dura showing that applies to that, it falls flat but....

Well **** it, maybe this will get dudes to put in a bit extra effort listing feats. Not a hard hurdle to overcome anyway.

I don't have access to the quest(Or playing the game, actually) right now
WorldMap-TwilightHighlands.jpg

But you see that Maw of Madness place at the top? That's Iso'rath deciding to rip itself from the ground, and it's one of the things that failed to tear an Orc apart
Dog wtf, that's like Class P probably. How big the map? How deep? It'd a easy calc I could do quick.

I get choking if you like try to actually crush the windpipe as in destroying it, but could you just not squeeze it close with a strength the windpipe can’t open against? I’ve always assumed that’s the one way you could kill someone with lifting strength if you are weaker.

Back