• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Ok, edited most of the changes in, you can check it out to see if I've missed/****** up anything. For now I'm stopping, because my brain is melting

Like, a single typo between the four I checked, other than that nothing I think.

oh right, we gotta add the profiles to the verse page, but I have no idea how to do that

Bit outta my field of knowledge too, I can figure it out though

Out of curiosity, why does Mantis have City Block Class striking strength? I don't recall him ever slapping Snake or anything

Eh, that doesn't really make sense, he's in da squad because of his psychic powers, not because he can punch out a tank

But him being there implies that he went through the same training as his peers, it makes sense that he would be at least comparable to them physically, especially when we know he can tank stuff from 8-Bs, he's not a glass cannon

I think it warrants a "possibly" or a "likely" at best. Mantis could very clearly be the exception, why would he go through the same training as his peers when his powers bypass the need for it completely?

because... they don't? psychic powers can't do anything about your stamina or durability to being punched in the face, and we have no evidence to suggest that Mantis skipped the training and we know that he's physically comparable to Snake due to him tanking multiple kicks and punches

I mean, durability scaling doesn't really signify anything, there's hundreds of spellcasters in this site who're stone walls if you ignore their abilities. As for Stamina, sure, I can buy it, but it's arguable he doesn't really even need that, his powers don't really seem to tire him out, and if they do, then carrying Sal for so long signifies his stamina was already pretty damn high as a kid

the bottom line is: There's absolutely no evidence to suggest he didn't go through the same training as the other FOXHOUND members, it makes no sense that he would be so much weaker than his squadmates and we have evidence of his body scaling to his psychic power. Also I'm 99% sure he can damage Snake by ramming into him with his body, so there's that

Has anyone added the profiles to the verse page? Or is willing to explain to me how to do it, alternatively?

Anyway I'm gonna take the chance to add years to the games in the "Timeline of the Series" section, and maybe split up the characters section as it's pretty messy imo

Actually the latter's best saved for another time, did the update

uuhhh I don't think PW would fall under the "weapons" category, it's unmanned and has its own mind

It's considered canon in the verse page. Haven't played it (yet) but I know it's not supposed to be canon

I mean, so are certain RAY units yet there they are. Honestly I think the gallery should be split in a more elegant manner, something like

Protagonists and Allies/Enemies/Metal Gears (and similar)

Wow we're like, completely missing Sahelanthropus' very blatant weakness of needing Mantis to pilot it, and the summary's awkwardly written. Gonna fix it up real quick

Also also also, should I give The Pain Fragrance Manipulation, Weapon Mastery and Poison Manipulation?

... I... I guess you should, but I'm personally against the idea of The Pain even having a profile, so...

Why's that? I think we should have more profiles for these minor villains if anything- The End not having one is criminal, in particular

Because The Pain is a ridiculous character and his very existence is a low end for the verse, along with adding nothing interestinng power-scaling-wise

Same with The End, he doesn't add anything to the verse, he isn't even the best sniper in MG, Snake kicked his ass in that regard

I mean, he's still a very skilled sniper who's barely worse than Snake if at all, has abilities Snake doesn't have and is a very memorable part of MGS3

Snake beat him despite

1- never having sniped in a jungle environment before
2- The End having a huge physiological advantage due to the parasite
3- The End having a ridiculous locational advantage due to his weird nature manip, his parrot and the fact that he had the high ground

Everything indicates that snake is significantly better than him in plain sniping

Back