• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Personally I think The Boss' intelligence works fine as Genius, she definitely borders on EG but I don't think it's necessary to put her in that tier. I put PW as EG but I highly doubt it being at that level, especially since Strangelove had to do a lot of tinkering to prevent it from just nuking America when attacked, and that even the final product had a lot of loops and flaws in its reasoning anyway. We should also say its intelligence is Animalistic when the Mammal Pod is destroyed, since the Reptile Pod is still able to function in that situation

Also think the Sorrow should also have Precog via his ghosts, and remove the Nigh-Omniscience on his intelligence section since i feel it's a stretch

Finally let me list the changes I made previously since I forgot to do so:

Gave both SPC since... well their stats are superhuman

Radiation Manipulation (Armed with a 1-megaton intercontinental ballistic missile and a hydrogen bomb) to Peace Walker (sounds pretty obvious to me)

likely Martial Arts Mastery and Weapon Mastery (Was a highly skilled soldier in life) to The Sorrow (nothing says he lost those)

Also changed some wording since it felt smoother to me

Also Chariot your changes seem fine, remove Inorganic Physiology since Non-Corporality exists

that pose makes him look less like a clever, creepy ghost and more like a meth-head about to pull a knife on you.
It's the only MGS Pachinko picture I could find.
Except maybe this?
Don't know what that's from though. If you can find another Pachinko picture that's mostly full body that'd work too.

It's of a small resolution and it makes actually turning it into an actual vector a pain in the ass without a bunch of artifacting and white edging. Because that's not a vector yet, I did try vectorizing it a few hours ago (Along with the Yoji Shinkawa art but neither came out that well). Had to manually clean do the PW vectors in a paint app because I couldn't find any existing ones too.
A̶l̶s̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶h̶o̶o̶d̶ ̶u̶p̶.̶

I can lasso it out with GIMP, no artifacting. I can also do that with the Pachinko artwork if we decide to go with that one, empty background pics are always better.

Pachinko is the best looking render (it being the most recent will do that), but it's true the pose is kinda odd (mostly the hand position makes it look off).
So idk,
There's this.
This.
And this. (No IGN watermark).

2zwRmPo.png

Rushed it a bit.

Done with my threads, so had time to read through some of that.

If there is any need with help on the profiles, I can always help. I have some experience (around 25 profiles on my account)

That's pretty easy. For The Sorrow -

The Sorrow is a secondary character in Metal Gear Solid 3: Snake Eater and Metal Gear Solid 4: Guns of the Patriots. The Sorrow was a medium with supernatural powers, with the ability to summon the dead and use their abilities by bringing their spirits into himself.

What next?

I don't think that's comprehensive enough. It doesn't mention who he is in relation to the boss and ocelot, what he does in mgs3 and 4- hell it doesn't even mention he died

That's kinda unnecessary on the wiki though. Most of profiles just have a short description of who the characters are. Look at Solid's description for example.

I'm gonna be honest I feel Snake's summary is lacking too- look at Big Boss' summary. It's not too long, but it does a much better job at explaining who he is

That's kinda unnecessary on the wiki though. Most of profiles just have a short description of who the characters are. Look at Solid's description for example.
Snake is bad, I'm probably gonna redo that one personally at a later time but there's lots of examples of longer ones, then you have Gilgamesh.
One or two sentence ones though don't really get the point across (Well, sometimes, it's fine for characters like Goomba or minor characters like Mariah from JoJo).
Though that example is kinda ******* ridiculous, there's a summary then there's a detailed plot synopsis. that's the latter and it's excessive.

That was a joke.
I'm not actually asking for a ten paragraph essay (plus video slideshow) on Peace Walker, detailing its role in Metal Gear, a character deconstruction and analysis of it and its relation to the cast and the reasoning behind its creation and how it's actually a meta narrative on nuclear deterrence and war and the futility of it all on top of its effect on Big boss as a character. No double spacing.

I've been very busy throughout the week, I'll make a few tweaks and edit in the summary as soon as I can, don't expect anything exceptional, I'll mainly use stuff from the wiki and modify it to be suitable

wait a sec, wouldn't The Sorrow also have type 9 imm? He exists in the realm of the dead and only ever manifests in the material world, which means that his true self exists in a place where he cannot be killed

I'll also be busy today, but tomorrow I'll edit all the other changes into the proper profiles

maybe it's just best to remove the "likely far higher" and put "At least Town level, up to 6-C with Self Destruction"

or "At least Town level, Likely Island Level", because with it being a "massive H-bomb" in a futuristic setting, it's pretty much likely that it's as powerful as the most powerful H-bomb we could create

I guess the 2 profiles from this thread are fine, if a staff member gives them a look and gives us the ok they can be implemented
Chariot is working on a Gene profile, I don't know how that would work

I don't know, haven't played Ops myself, but Chariot did and he mentioned something about mindhaxing a whole small-country-full of people

I contacted Schnee and he said the profiles are fine, and that it's better to put "7-A to 6-C" for PW's self destruct instead of at least 7-B

Back