• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
If Dargoo's blog is accepted, we will probably have to move the contents to an official page of its own, that is linked to in the main SCP verse page.

@Ever We're still figuring that one out. This most recent statement of High 1-B for SCP is not only the most blatant, but also the most reliable as it was made by someone who can and has traveled through those dimensions and can percieve them, whereas the previous two were just theories presented by beings who couldnt.

Antvasima said:
If Dargoo's blog is accepted, we will probably have to move the contents to an official page of its own, that is linked to in the main SCP verse page.
I agree with that, and that was my intention/end goal with the blog post.

WeeklyBattles said:
Can we sort out the High 1-B thing now?
Personally I'd wait until the revisions are officially added, then make a new thread, as this one is pretty derailed as it is.

Late to the party, just gonna dump my brief views and move on because I see this getting out of hand reeeeal quick.

1. I am hugely against 1-A rating because of a single minute piece of evidence (its a toy). More evidence is required, but that's just my view.

2. High 1-B looks legitimate. That isn;t the first statement of countless or infinite dimensions in the SCP verse, it seems relatively consistent (you know, relative to the fact that SCP is about as inconsistent as a verse can get, aside from comics).

3. All of SCP appears to be one continuity. I forget who, but someone argued that each SCP is in their own continuity- I don't know who said this, but they are blatantly wrong. SCPs refer to each other on the regular. The site itself states that technically what is canonical is decided by the creator, they merely host it. For our purposes, it would make the most sense to regard it as one continuity even if one creator decides to not refer to other SCPs- there are innumerable amounts of SCPs that DO refer to others. That alone is basis enough.

So basically, High 1-B seems alright with me, and the SCP canon should be considered enough by the standards of this wiki (as the alternative is simply saying that all SCP lore is negated, which is just lazy). Cheers bois.

Mr. Bambu said:
3. All of SCP appears to be one continuity. I forget who, but someone argued that each SCP is in their own continuity- I don't know who said this, but they are blatantly wrong. SCPs refer to each other on the regular. The site itself states that technically what is canonical is decided by the creator, they merely host it. For our purposes, it would make the most sense to regard it as one continuity even if one creator decides to not refer to other SCPs- there are innumerable amounts of SCPs that DO refer to others. That alone is basis enough.
What you said doesn't make much logical sense. You're saying that the creators on the site decide their own canons, but we should consider them as one canon? Many Authors have completly contradictory views on the Foundation, just look at the SCP-001 list. The site itself states multiple times and encourages the writers to not care about stuff like that.

It wasn't suiting us best at all to call it one canon, we had the GOC getting 1-B Weapons and a crazy number of frankly unjustified tiering. Honestly it was one of the worst cases of wanking I've seen. We had profiles getting wanked and upgraded into oblivion due because of a page that could be edited by any sufficiently skilled wikidot user.

Holyhotsauce said:
> Tries to upgrade SCP to High 1-B
> Ends up with nerfing half the verse

dammit.
more like

>tries to upgrade verse with 3 direct statements

>all god-tiers become unknown and way weaker

Given that we've resolved the canon situation, this upgrade would still apply to the extended canon keys of around 40 profiles.

Are we going to wait to sort this upgrade out until the SCP profiles have been changed to fit with the new guidelines, or should we pass it through now so we won't need two sets of revisions?

The first time you make a major revision thread turns sour... Dang it .

Anyways, if 239 gets a Extended Canon key, assuming the upgrades go through, would she be High 1-B /1-B ?

The 2nd Existential Seed said:
The first time you make a major revision thread turns sour... Dang it .

Anyways, if 239 gets a Extended Canon key, assuming the upgrades go through, would she be High 1-B /1-B ?
I believe original canon would be Unknown and extended canon would be High 1-B.

239's original file canon should actually be 10-C; she isn't any more durable than a child, she can just make herself invulnerable.

Dargoo Faust said:
239's original file canon should actually be 10-C; she isn't any more durable than a child, she can just make herself invulnerable.
Her body's passively immune in-universe to anything but telekill, iirc.

Agnaa said:
I believe original canon would be Unknown and extended canon would be High 1-B.
I don't think 239 scales to this.

Though I don't know if I'm supposed to still give my opinion here or if this thread is no longer even about upgrades.

@Kep 1-A is still entirely possible due to a lot of the scp God tiers being qualitatively superior to an uncountably infinite dimensional multiverse

@Azzy Yes, we're using the acidverse quote. And now that 2722 is gone, there technically isn't anything contradicting it's legitimacy

@Weekly

The issue isn't that it's illegitimate. My issue is that the quote talks about the "real" nature of the world before everything is condensed into "words". It's from a character we don't know about the fullest extent of the cosmology under a section that says "There are no answers here".

Why is this scaling to anything but the being who created the entire setting and maybe a select few others?

@Azzy Because the verse it scales to established basically every one of the God tiers? Djoric is responsible for almost every one of the Tier 1s in the verse

WeeklyBattles said:
@Azzy Because the verse it scales to established basically every one of the God tiers?
Why, though? What are the instances of each character that directly show them scaling to this unrestricted reality? We try to be pretty careful when it comes to Tier 1 scaling, like this.

Yaldabaoth, the absolute bottom of the barrel god tier, a Low Elder God, destroying all universes, all dimensions, and all of time and space just by existing, The Hanged King having full control over Alagadda, a dimensional nexus in which all higher and lower spatial dimensions come together into one reality, mekhane matching yaldabaoth in a battle that took place outside of space-time, etc.

I can keep going but is need a little time to type out a full list. The guys i just listed are just a few of the fodder god tiers.

"Unfortunately, the world is not dynamic. Everything's already over, I've already read it. All of this? It's just going through the motions. This is just a tiny subset of the world at large."

I'm asking you to tell me why they scale to stuff like the full extent of this, when the entire quote makes it seem like this is just part of the "story" and not the full, unrestricted cosmology being presented.

"The larger space that we're in… much larger, in fact, uncountably infinite expanses in uncountably infinite dimensions… we fill that space. And yet, here, we're discretised."

It even directly says what you see here is discretised.

Djoric's stories are confirmed to take place within the same narrative as Acidverse so even if you wanna try to claim that the infinite spatial dimensions is just part of the story theyd still scalw as all the god tiers are also a part of the story

@Weekly

...But then that wouldn't scale to the reality that isn't condensed and outside the story?

@Seed

I am asking why a quote from a character we don't know that is explicitly about the reality beyond the story scales to virtually every god tier who is explicitly discretised within said story.

Argument from incredulity would be if I said "this doesn't sound logical, therefore it isn't true/can't apply".

Asking for proof that this scales to characters who are directly said to be restricted and not just the creator god/a few others is not argument from incredulity.

WeeklyBattles said:
Djoric's stories are confirmed to take place within the same narrative as Acidverse so even if you wanna try to claim that the infinite spatial dimensions is just part of the story theyd still scalw as all the god tiers are also a part of the story
This is literally the opposite of what I said.

• "My issue is that the quote talks about the "real" nature of the world before everything is condensed into "words"."
  • "It's from a character we don't know about the fullest extent of the cosmology"
  • "What are the instances of each character that directly show them scaling to this unrestricted reality?"
I genuinely can't understand how you possibly thought I said "these infinite dimensions only exist in a story".

If I was arguing that these only existed in the story, why would I be arguing against it scaling to things in said story?

The quote is about uncountably infinite dimensions, which exist in the "real" world. However, what we read within the stories is of beings who are discretised and does not encompass the full scale of reality, hence why "everything is already over" and this character has "already read it".

Isn't this statement helped by there being other statements for infinite dimensions?

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
@Weekly
...But then that wouldn't scale to the reality that isn't condensed and outside the story?
As per our rules yes

But almost all of the God tiers do take place inside said story so they would in fact scale

Well the other statement of there being infinite unobservable dimensions would scale to all of the god tiers, no?

Agnaa said:
Well the other statement of there being infinite unobservable dimensions would scale to all of the god tiers, no?
Without going into the discussion had about this quote before, isn't said quote from a collab log about an SCP that has now been scrubbed and rendered non-canon?

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Without going into the discussion had about this quote before, isn't said quote from a collab log about an SCP that has now been scrubbed and rendered non-canon?
No, its from SCP-3812

Back