• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I thought the problem with the quote before is it was just a single quote, and the civilization itself hadn't observed it. Now we have more direct confirmation that there are, in fact, infinite dimensions, making that statement credible. EDIT: And on top of that one, there is the statement from 3812.

I'm not sure if it's from a collab log, but the SCP isn't completely non-canon, it's now referred to as "The Solidarity" and only has feats from tales, and not an actual SCP file.

There were two quotes of infinite spatial dimensions, one from 3812 and one from 2722. The one from 2722 was from a super advanced civilization and they were unsure of the accuracy of infinite spatial dimensions and thus this third quote was questioned, but now that 2722 is gone there is only the quote from 3812 which theorizes infinite spatial dimensions and this quote from Acidverse that confirms it.

Weekly, are you talking about this quote from 3812?

It may very well be that we are just one of an infinite number of realities, stacked on top of each other in every direction, influencing those below us and being influenced by those above us. This echelon, upon which sits ourselves and everything that ever was or will be, would likely be the most fundamental aspect of the organization of creation. The very foundation of all things.

Wait, 3812 doesn't have quotes on infinite spatial dimensions in its page. It's about infinite ascending narratives (similar but not the same). Is this from a tale?

3812 states there are infinite narratives, something we have discussed and rejected since it came out. Nothing to do with dimensions. Apples and oranges.

"The last option is the worst. The last option is that SCP-3812 cannot be measured in Humes, because it's doing something else. Whatever fundamental aspect of its nature that allows it to warp reality is not the same aspect as literally everything else we have ever come across. Scranton hypothesized8 that there might be higher and lower dimensions of reality, different levels of manipulation in the grand construction of the universe. The difference between manipulating a rock with your hands and manipulating a rock with an atom bomb. He called the thing being manipulated the "narrative", and suggested that the narratives were stacked on top of either other, each creating the narrative of the narrative below it, and so on, until you reached some sort of dead space below them all."

"An entity or force with access to higher energy metaphysical dimensions would perceive our reality similarly to how we perceive the reality of characters in a comic book. And just how we are able to, at whim, change the story simply by telling it differently, this higher energy being would be able to effortlessly make alterations to not just local reality, but reality as a whole, altering the baseline and changing its most fundamental aspects.

At the 2015 Foundation Summit on Existential Threats, Dr. Darius St. John hypothesized that such an entity, were it limited to a human intelligence without modification to allow for the perception of higher levels of reality, would suffer from an overexposure of narrative. This entity, when faced with this overexposure, might attempt to ease itself by collapsing all lower energy realities into something perceptible. The effect this would have on lower energy narratives would be catastrophic; as multiple realities became compressed into the same meta-space, they would not be immediately destroyed, rather, their parts would become intertwined in such an incomprehensible way that not only would the ability for conscious thought be nearly immediately annihilated, physical space would become so compressed and broken that the boundaries between all lower realities would cease to exist completely."

From "Constructs of Reality in Higher Dimensions" by Dr. Robert Scranton: "Reality is no different from the physical; that is to say, it is one more way to describe order in the universe. Where the physical can be used to describe things and places, and the temporal can describe moments and periods, reality can be used to describe the completeness of the universe, its fallibility and its overall construction. With that said, just as there are no doubt higher physical dimensions that we cannot perceive or access, there is no reason to believe that the same could not apply to reality. Reality as we perceive it is no more than one tier in the hierarchy of organization that dictates the construction of our existence, and there are likely others above and below ours. Just like an entity in the 4th spatial dimension might perceive our universe and its contents as a whole, and could manipulate those contents from a realm of higher energy, so could an entity with access to a higher metaphysical dimension manipulate the very architecture of our reality, all at once, from a similar realm of higher energy."

All of those quotes refer to narratives, not dimensions.

Look at the first quote. They literally say theyre referring to higher and lower dimensions as narratives.

The last one is solely about higher and lower spatial dimensions and the second one doesnt refer to narratives at all

Didn't we agree not to take djkaktus' interpretation of "narratives" seriously after that whole debacle with his 001 entry?

But doesn't each "narrative" contains its own Alaggada, the meeting point of higher and lower dimensions? This doesn't make sense if narratives are the same as dimensions.

Narratives are also distinct from dimensions in that they see lower narratives as fictional.

The second one refers to "metaphysical dimensions". It'd be weird to call spatial dimensions "metaphysical dimensions", no?

Dargoo Faust said:
Didn't we agree not to take djkaktus' interpretation of "narratives" seriously after that whole debacle with his 001 entry?
We agreed that narratives in djkaktus's second proposal aren't the same ones as in 3812.

We didn't agree that the word "narratives" has no meaning even when used multiple times in the exact same article.

Honestly I feel like the Alagadda statements needs to be re-evaluated. The original SCP doesn't make any references to higher or lower dimensions nor does anything else I could find on it.

Dargoo Faust said:
Honestly I feel like the Alagadda statements needs to be re-evaluated. The original SCP doesn't make any references to higher or lower dimensions nor does anything else I could find on it.
Yes it does. Under Addendum 3812.2

In the context there I don't think it should mean spatial dimensions, but it does use the exact phrase "higher and lower dimensions".

Agnaa said:
Dargoo Faust said:
Yes it does. Under Addendum 3812.2
In the context there I don't think it should mean spatial dimensions, but it does use the exact phrase "higher and lower dimensions".
I'm not talking about 3812, I'm talking about 2264.

" I suspect that SCP-2264-B is a dimensional nexus, connected to countless worlds across the multiverse." isn't talking about higher and lower spacial dimensions. Considering we base most of the God Tiers on that statement, we should seriously look at it.

Can we considered the tags in the profile/tales? Because every time I read about a demnisional Scp entity or anomoly and stating its come from a higher demionsional realm its listed as a narritve in the tags

I'm pretty sure Brothers Death wouldn't be 1-A. Only those above 3812 would be.

Any conclusion on the problems brought up about the infinite narratives statement, or any conclusion on whether Alagadda is a dimensional nexus or not?

I don't know enough about these parts of the SCP canon to comment.

So what's happening with this?

WeeklyContributions

Bump.

we need Tier 0 swann already

Can we get some sort of recount of who's still for and against this change? It's almost been two months for a huge tier change for a huge verse.

Back