• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

SCP-682 adapted to VSBattles and is missing a weakness (NEEDS STAFF)

what's up chat i'm here to make our unmatchable lord and savior possibly matchable.

I am here to give Extended canon an easy, and sensible weakness:

Weakness: SCP-682 is susceptible to being incapacitated by physical trauma when it's body is missing a large amount of it's mass.<ref>[https://scp-wiki.wikidot.com/archived-incident-076-2-682 Archived Incident 076-2_682]</ref> It should be noted however, should SCP-682 be given enough stimuli, this weakness is not effective against it and can end up making it far stronger than it was before.

this should technically downgrade it's stamina, but im going to be honest i don't wanna write a new stamina section for him. that's a bit above my paygrade.

Last edited:
This seems to make sense in my perspective, however it should be noted that in the scan you presented it is stated that it took losing 93% of his body mass in order to be incapacitated by 076-2. Plus there's instances where he's able to remain conscious even after suffering massive damge such as fighting SCP 096 for 27 hours and not falling under unconscious after losing 85% of its body mass, and doing a 3 way battle between himself and 106 and 954 which resulted in him losing 67% of his body mass.

So given my examples listed and the fact that 682 has things like HG Regeneration, Reactive Evolution, and Adaptation on hand, then I think it should be written that even if he's able to incapacitated from physical trauma, it takes extreme amounts of damage to do such a thing and may not always work given his ability to rapidly regenerate and adapt and evolve. But that's just my thoughts, otherwise I agree

This seems to make sense in my perspective, however it should be noted that in the scan you presented it is stated that it took losing 93% of his body mass in order to be incapacitated by 076-2. Plus there's instances where he's able to remain conscious even after suffering massive damge such as fighting SCP 096 for 27 hours and not falling under unconscious after losing 85% of its body mass, and doing a 3 way battle between himself and 106 and 954 which resulted in him losing 67% of his body mass.

So given my examples listed and the fact that 682 has things like HG Regeneration, Reactive Evolution, and Adaptation on hand, then I think it should be written that even if he's able to incapacitated from physical trauma, it takes extreme amounts of damage to do such a thing and may not always work given his ability to rapidly regenerate and adapt and evolve. But that's just my thoughts, otherwise I agree
personally, from what I've seen, it's not a sense of it not always working, it's more of 682 can eat a lot of damage and stay conscious. considering his max without going unconscious is 85% through physical attacks (that i recall of), I'm inclined to believe it's his body being able to tolerate being reduced down to such extreme amounts, but once he gets destroyed around the level he was fighting 076, is when his body gives up and falls unconscious.

personally, from what I've seen, it's not a sense of it not always working, it's more of 682 can eat a lot of damage and stay conscious. considering his max without going unconscious is 85% through physical attacks (that i recall of), I'm inclined to believe it's his body being able to tolerate being reduced down to such extreme amounts, but once he gets destroyed around the level he was fighting 076, is when his body gives up and falls unconscious.
I agree with that, though mainly my point was to demonstrate that immense physical damage isn't always a guarantee considering his ability to remain conscious and fight even when reduced to a miniscule amount of mass while also just adapting or evolving to any threats.

However I've been thinking about this for awhile and now, rather then having a specific weakness to large amounts of physical trauma, I'm of the opinion that it's more of a flaw with his adaptation and reactive evolution being reliant on the sort of threat at large. Like he's knocked unconscious after his body mass is reduced by 93% yet in the same extended canon he has feats of regenerating from conceptual erasure and all that other exotic stuff, get what I mean?

I agree with that, though mainly my point was to demonstrate that immense physical damage isn't always a guarantee considering his ability to remain conscious and fight even when reduced to a miniscule amount of mass while also just adapting or evolving to any threats.

However I've been thinking about this for awhile and now, rather then having a specific weakness to large amounts of physical trauma, I'm of the opinion that it's more of a flaw with his adaptation and reactive evolution being reliant on the sort of threat at large. Like he's knocked unconscious after his body mass is reduced by 93% yet in the same extended canon he has feats of regenerating from conceptual erasure and all that other exotic stuff, get what I mean?
i think that's due to the difference in being beaten to a pulp by a half-naked dude with a sword, and getting your literal concept erased from existence. he probably just adapts better to people ((vastly)) stronger than him and general haxes. when something isn't giving 682 enough of that silly stuff to adapt super high, he drops the ball on being a greater danger than he can be.

Incapacitated would mean that it was out for 24 hours

Spoiler alert, it didn't take 24 hours
"Victory Conditions: Death of the opponent, removing the opponent from the battlefield for at least one week (BFR), knocking the opponent out for at least one hour, or incapacitating the opponent by putting him in a state in which he can not harm the other fighter(s) for over a day, are to be assumed as victory conditions."

an opponent only needs to be knocked out for 1 hour, not 24. the 24 hours only applies to situations where they're incapitated by other means besides being knocked out.

"Victory Conditions: Death of the opponent, removing the opponent from the battlefield for at least one week (BFR), knocking the opponent out for at least one hour, or incapacitating the opponent by putting him in a state in which he can not harm the other fighter(s) for over a day, are to be assumed as victory conditions."

an opponent only needs to be knocked out for 1 hour, not 24. the 24 hours only applies to situations where they're incapitated by other means besides being knocked out.
682 can't even sleep. It wasn't knocked out.

Let's go.
Guardian reduced it beyond having a head, nobody would know if it was conscious or not
This one has the problem of 682 breathing which it doesn't do, so it already contradicts other EC stuff, not usable
See breathing stuff above, plus you can't really tell if a Skeleton with organs is conscious or not
You can't tell if a pool of blood is conscious or not.

Let's go.

Guardian reduced it beyond having a head, nobody would know if it was conscious or not
big claim to say that they're either lying or don't know, but decide to claim the opposite anyways. any proof of that?
This one has the problem of 682 breathing which it doesn't do, so it already contradicts other EC stuff, not usable
That is not the only time things that'd require 682 to breathe knocked him out.
See breathing stuff above, plus you can't really tell if a Skeleton with organs is conscious or not
Same as above, you kinda need to prove that the foundation decided to claim something they didn't actually know.
You can't tell if a pool of blood is conscious or not.
it's literally stated 682 fell unconscious six hours before he was completely destroyed into a pool of blood. he wasn't a pool of blood when they said he was unconscious.

big claim to say that they're either lying or don't know, but decide to claim the opposite anyways. any proof of that?
Show me the foundation being able to tell what something missing the things that'd let you see if it was conscious or not if it was like, actually conscious. There's not much of a difference if it can't fight that instant.
How do you know it didn't effect 682 through it's eyes or skin?
Same as above, you kinda need to prove that the foundation decided to claim something they didn't actually know.
Same as above, you kinda need to prove that the foundation actually gives a damn about specific terminology when the effect is the same.
it's literally stated 682 fell unconscious six hours before he was completely destroyed into a pool of blood. he wasn't a pool of blood when they said he was unconscious.
"After twenty-six minutes, residual blood was observed to locomote from its location and rapidly re-form into SCP-682's original mass, with the addition of wing-like appendages."

Read your own source, yeah?

Show me the foundation being able to tell what something missing the things that'd let you see if it was conscious or not if it was like, actually conscious. There's not much of a difference if it can't fight that instant.
burden of proof is on you, not me. The Foundation should be a reliable narrator to their own tests, you gotta prove The Foundation in this instance was not reliable and shouldn't be trusted there. they've used the terms unconscious and incapitated. if 682 was still conscious and couldn't fight back, they'd use incapitated, like they did with 076. if he was unconscious and couldn't fight back, they would, shocker, use the term unconscious. they didn't use the term unconscious because they felt like it instead of something else.
"After twenty-six minutes, residual blood was observed to locomote from its location and rapidly re-form into SCP-682's original mass, with the addition of wing-like appendages."

Read your own source, yeah?
no i read it, you just completely ignored the entire bit above that for some reason.

"SCP-682's vocalizations indicated severe pain before SCP-682 fell into a state of unconsciousness. SCP-682 remained in its state of unconsciousness, for six hours, until SCP-310 had fully consumed SCP-682 and SCP-310 subsequently extinguished."

682 fell unconscious, was on fire and unconscious for six hours, and then was fully consumed, and then 26 minutes later the blood was seen.

Last edited:
That's more so just a matter of its regeneration speed kinda varying. It's only really "incapacitated" due just not having enough of it left to move around. We know it can keep moving even when 87% of it is gone on its own article, so I don't think 682 can get incapacitated just from missing chunks of it. It's just, being literally unable to move due to missing any possible limbs to do that with.

I'm not sure if it's really a worthwhile weakness to say that a character cannot move if they're been reduced to paste. That's just a default assumption. Might be better to say that its regeneration speed can sometimes be low enough to allow it to be temporarily incapacitated until it regenerates.

I'm not sure if it's really a worthwhile weakness to say that a character cannot move if they're been reduced to paste. That's just a default assumption. Might be better to say that its regeneration speed can sometimes be low enough to allow it to be temporarily incapacitated until it regenerates.
This isn't an addition to say he's can't move if he's reduced to paste, this is to add when his body mass is reduced that low, he can be knocked out, since the current 682 profile doesn't really have any mention of the many times this has happened to him, it's just kind of assumed he isn't knocked out from the damage and his regeneration is at it's strongest at all times, which isn't accurate to the character.

Nothing in your scan indicates that 682 was knocked out? Being incapacitated doesn't mean you got knocked out. If you were reduced to 7% of your body yet you were still conscious, I'd consider that "incapacitated". The fact that 682 could counter with that black hole anomaly after being 'incapacitated' kinda hints towards the fact that it was probably still conscious.

Nothing in your scan indicates that 682 was knocked out? Being incapacitated doesn't mean you got knocked out. If you were reduced to 7% of your body yet you were still conscious, I'd consider that "incapacitated". The fact that 682 could counter with that black hole anomaly after being 'incapacitated' kinda hints towards the fact that it was probably still conscious.
I sent several termination attempts and tales in this very thread that specifically state 682 falls unconscious. i can probably rewrite my weakness section addition to include the several instances.

Should have included this in the OP probably, since otherwise your OP contains no actual examples of 682 being knocked out.

Though regardless, I'm not sure if this is very consistent. Most of those examples don't come close to the original article's description of 682 staying conscious after losing 87% of its body. 682 shouldn't have any reasons to lose consciousness just due to being shocked greatly. These logs themselves even provide quite a few counter examples, like the SCP-310 itself showing 682's blood being mobile after his death, one of the 173 tests having 682's cut-up bits attacking D-Classes, the whole deal with 3930, the SCP-6002 test showing it to be 'alive' as a skeleton, SCP-6820 showing that 682's mind is incorporeal in nature, etc. Plus how 682 being just an extension of its true self somewhere is a fact told by 682's original author, which would make 682 being able to be knocked out from basic damage unlikely.

Both the original article and several pieces of EU content contradicting this notion really doesn't make it out to be very consistent. There are also no real explanations to explain these disparities, it seems. I'd probably chalk those cases off as inconsistencies or special cases.

I think enough trauma to the physical body of 682 could incapacitate it traditionally, but not by the standards of our wiki. 682 can attack even when it is not conscious (if we can even call it that). 682 is a thing more than it is a creature so I think it is best to just mention, if at all necessary, that it is capable of being subdued for long periods of time without retaliation if not given excess stimuli while incapacitated.

Back