• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Schrodinger/Alucards regen

LordAizenSama

VS Battles
Retired
Theres been a pretty good discussion on whether Alucard and schrodingers regen should be low godly or mid godly

I lean to mid godly myself as low godly doesnt fit the "being nowhere" aspect of Schrodinger, since that means he is still technically somewhere. Also was described as being the equivalent of a imaginery number

So thoughts?

Alucard's whole profile needs an overhaul, last i checked most of the powers are ripped directly from Hellsing Wikia

Actually thank you Weekly. I've been meaning to ask if we can change Alucards picture. The one right now isn't exactly good imo.

Also we should really make a schrodinger profile. Since he would instantly be the most op 10-b ever.

Sounds like Low given the context. He had to conciously eliminate his familiars to come back, implying he still existed as a disembodied soul somewhere.

The problem is that means he exists, though schrodinger himself is a paradox of existing everywhere and nowhere, the Major BFR'd alucard by making him unaware so that he existed nowhere

I would put that down to his paradox hax, imo

It's just so weird. But I am still holding on Low-Godly, as that is the guaranteed-to-be-legit one, whereas Mid-Godly requires a tad bit of speculation.

The way I see it is like several million souls are fighting over the power of schrodinger. Alucard has to kill the rest in order to gain Schrodinger's powers for himself.

I could settle for at least low godly, possibly mid godly, though i still lean on mid godly myself

Also just incase people were wondering about what exactly a imaginery number is: A imaginery number is a number that does not exist/cannot be quantified on the number line.

@Assalt

I do not know. What would call a Living Paradox. I'd name it Abstract and the Abstract Page fits the Displayed Powers quite well.

If we accept Alucard became abstraction doesnt that mean we would also have to accept mid godly aswell?

Not quite. If he is abstract, it might mean he is not Regenerating at all. he just recreates his body based on the law of the paradox. Schrödingers Body for ince dissapeared once it was not observed.

It could possibly be a form of Invulnerability & Pain Resistance that may go with the "Low-godly to mid-godly" regen as well based on what I know.

Is there something like being "removed from Death"? He does not follow the normal laws of Life or Death. He can only die if he cannot observe himself/ loses his idea of Self.

Dying if he "loses his idea of self" implies that the death/erasure of his mind will null his ability to regenerate.

Going by that, it seems like Low-Godly to me, albeit a goofily writte particularly strange example of it.

The problem is obvously at what point does he stop thinking. He has had his brains blown out so is he still thinking? I don't think thats a accurate way to gauge this.

Shrodinger, at least, was omnipresent. So... Hes literally everywhere. A body is just a manifestation. So you'd have to Erase his very Existence to get rid of him.

Well, as far as the "when does he stop thinking" bit goes, any good form of mind manip cuts right through that, seeing as numerous works of fiction make it clear that a character's "brain" does not always equate to their "mind".

Moreover though, Alucard's real form is just a mass of glowing eldritch gobbledygook, and he only takes a more human-looking appearance because that's what suits him. A case can definitely be made for him not having a "brain" to begin with.

He is everywhere and nowhere, yes.

alucard became nowhere because he could no longer observe himself due to the souls inside of him (again this is a cool little nod to the schrodinger cat thought experiment)

If Alucard can come back from being nowhere, that would be mid godly.

Have I messed up anywhere in my analysis?

Well, the "nowhere" he came back from is apparently a plane where souls can still exist, seeing as all of the ones he had absorbed over the centuries were still alive and keeping him from recognizing himself. His own soul was intermixed with them, and he needed to kill them all in order to free himself.

His means of Regenerationn (at that point) is also reliant on his own mental comprehensive ability, as he cannot exist in the physical sense if he's incapable of self-recognition, but can still remain alive in mind and spirit.

Ergo, it seems much more plausible to label it as Low-Godly than Mid-Godly. There are still restrictions in place that would be completely nonexistent no pun intended if his regen were anything higher than Low-Godly.

Forgive me if I'm wrong but when Alucard absorbed Schrodinger's blood he wasn't dead or nowhere but he just can't recognize himself because his mind was mixed with millions of other minds he absorbed.So its not Alucard returning from being nowhere or non existence but him merely regaining his "Idea of self" or recognition by purging the other souls inside him

Also in order to become nowhere Schrodinger, and by extension, Alucard needs to recognize himself.

"as long as he recognizes himself, he's everywhere and nowhere."

So Alucard losing recognition of himself means he cant become nowhere or everywhere

That makes sense.

So Alucard/Schrodinger would also get type 5 immortality and keep low godly

And im really hoping someone makes a profile for schrodinger.

Back