• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Schrodinger/Alucards regen

LordAizenSama said:
Hellsing pages in general could use some work yes.
I honestly think most the pages in general needs to be revised since their rating/powerscaling have problems, including the Captain and Alucard who is missing some of his forms. I will later make a content revision thread to point the issues.

I can provide input once the revision thread goes up.

I'd also rather not use the image you provided Weekly unless you can find a higher resolution version. I could blow it up, but the fact that it's a lower resolution image would still be evident.

Edit: On second examination, the image isn't that bad. I'd be fine with using it.

Read Hellsing again and found this. I believe this could upgrade his regen to Mid-Godly as opposed to low godly due to him coming back from being erased. Listening to how the Major explains it this seems more akin to Mid Godly rather than Low Godly.
Screenshot 2018-01-29-00-54-15 1
Screenshot 2018-01-29-00-56-25 1
Screenshot 2018-01-29-00-56-53 1
Screenshot 2018-01-29-00-57-41 1

@Knightofannihilation666

Don't see what that changes tbh. That would be low-godly regen. So long as Alucard has Schro's soul and can recognize himself, he can come back from any damage [to his body]. But if he gets hit by a soul or mind-destroying attack, then logically he would not be able to use his ability (he would lose it). Mid-godly regen would be Alucard regenerating from soul/mind-destruction consistently, and that is not so.

Mid Godly is returning from being erased from existence which is exactly what Alucard came back from. Coming back from having your mind destroyed is only mid Regenerationn.

Except his mind was not destroyed. He lost himself for a while, but eventually his own mind/soul killed off all the other souls/minds he had. The fact that he had those minds to kill off proves that there was still something of him left, and thus he was not coming back from completely nothing, despite what the Major may think, he was coming back from a disembodied mind.

I suppose that makes sense however I don't believe this would be baseline Low-Godly regen. Would "At least Low-Godly" regen be better? He should also get type 5 immortality for the reasons stated above but I'm still unsure how the Major calling him "Abstraction" would work. Would that be abstract existence?

Alucard certainly isn't an abstract, an abstract is something that embodies a fundamental concept, and Alucard unless I'm missing something doesn't embody anything

@Sandman Well, he absorbed Schrödinger and his powers, and Schrödinger is basically the concept of the "Schrödinger's Cat Experiment".

Its not stated but it is what it's deriven from. Major mentioned that Alucard had become the paradoxical cat

^^

Nevermind that his abilitys are pretty well explained, and point all at that. Nevermind his name. The entire character is pretty much just one giant nod to the thought experiment, like his powers.

I mean, what would you call a being that can exist just by observing. He cannot die as long as he can observe himself (or think). He is not required to have a brain for that, considering his brain was blown out by Alucard. As long as can think, he is, and he does not seem to have to be physically able to think for that. He is both Dead and Alive and Everywhere and Nowhere at the same time. Aka Quantum Mechanics, aka Schrödinger's Katze.

Also the fact that he only appears and disappears when no one is looking at the area he is, or isnt at. This is a obvious trait of the thought experiment where you cannot observe whether the cat is alive or dead, so it is alive and dead, everywhere and nowhere.

That's the problem though if he can die (even if killing is extremely super difficult) then that already disqualifies him from having Abstract Existence, as an abstract entity is the concept itself and an abstract cant die as long as the concept exist as they literally are the concept itself

What makes abstract hard to kill is that you literally need to erase the concept. You dont need to erase the concept of the Schrodinger's Cat Experiment to kill Schrodinger

Dialga doesn't have Abstract Existence despite him being the embodiment of time because there's no proof that you need to erase the concept of time to kill him.Same here, I think that Schrodinger does embody the experiment but he shouldn't have Abstract Existence

I think we should keep it at Low-Godly, since as stated before, Alucard had to kill the rest of the souls within him in order to regain his individuality, which means that he wasn't coming back from nothing.

Reppuzan said:
I think we should keep it at Low-Godly, since as stated before, Alucard had to kill the rest of the souls within him in order to regain his individuality, which means that he wasn't coming back from nothing.
This.^

So I assume we're taking what the Major said as a hyperbole or something along those lines? Honestly regen isn't even the main issue here it's the other shit like him being a walking paradox and him being an "abstraction." Which I'm unsure what to do with.

Probably.

I'd take the opinion of the guy who experienced it first-hand over the theorist.

Low-Godly and Type 5 immortality I think

and even though he was called an abstraction he doesn't really fit this wiki's definition of an abstract entity so I think he shouldn't get abstract existence just because of that statement

I'm thinking "possible" Abstract Existence since it's entirely possible that he is. I also think he should get an "At Least" to his Low-Godly Regenerationn. Also I have more issues with the profile, why does he have "Nigh-omnipresence" ? I think it's actual Omnipresence and another thing. His durability shouldn't be unknown simply because his Omnipresence.

A nigh omnipresence is a lesser version of omnipresence in a sense that a nigh omnipresent is restricted by something like time or space or unable to be nowhere also

I dont think Alucard should get full omnipresence.Unless you can prove that he is omnipresent across the entire universe including past present future

His power is nigh omnipresence at best

Back