• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Save the World: Chapter 2

"Yeah, it's far from overwhelming I imagine."

Again, that look in his eyes... I can't place it. It's not even apathy, it's just nothing. It's like something completely incapable of emotion, yet clearly showing it.

In a moment, I ruminate on that thought, dissecting it a mental, metaphorical, laboratory. Hidden deep in my cells is the answer. The visage of a man, oriental and with six eyes, clearly a demon like me. Looking further, I find a life of hundreds of years, filled nearly from beginning to end with pointless grief and suffering, both on the man's end and that which he causes. His childhood is curious, though. His brother has the same eyes as Silas, and the same birthmark I keep seeing on him... the man's name, Kokushibo, no, Michikatsu Tsugikuni, and his brother's, Yoriichi. With that, everything flows in, and I realize why Silas scares me.

Many years ago, in another world, the body made of the cells I now inherit belonged to an immensely cruel man, who lusted for millennia for true immortality, an immunity to the sun. He could never achieve this dream, but no one could ever stop him from trying. Except for one man, Yoriichi. He was the only one to ever make the man fear for his life. scarring his mind and body for centuries to come. Every time I see Yoriichi in the memories of my cells, he has the same look on his face, a completely neutral expression, exactly like Silas'. This explains everything.

I blink, pausing for a moment to digest all of this. When my eyes open again, they have a similar, vacant look to Silas', and I see a fire like the sun churning in his lungs.

And indeed, another machine starts it's work.

"Ah, excellent! I hope you can find my knowledge as useful as this shall be."

I feel the change of gravity losing my balance several times for more than 5 minutes, after getting up I start to exercise, I master it. after a moment I decide to increase the weight of my training equipment being comparable to the Pyramids of Gyza placing 1 in each limb and thus starting to train (use this as a calculation for the LS if you wish)

Serena nodded, and walked to the combat room with Astraea.

She did also look fairly surprised at the increased amount of Seraph in the area.

"It might pay well."

Colis stretches out, considering his options... He hasn't tried muscle fiber increases... Mostly because that would ruin his suit and make him appear far more bulky than he'd prefer... Bone density is at least mostly internal... Could probably convince others...

Colis goes to the training room and it's immense gravity, seeing Nade training with weights.

"... I can just, directly increase your musclefiber's density and mass, along with bone density, you know. Save the training for form and technique."

"Well, stand still for a second."

Colis touches Nade's body, and immediately, his bones and muscles increase in density by 8x, noticeably bulking him up within a moment.

"I don't think you'll be able to go much further by pushing yourself than what I can simply give you outright, saving time and allowing you to do other things."

"Like what other things?"

All of this thinking about... whatever the hell this new power is, this transparent realm I now see through, seems to have triggered other memories. An absurd desire to become stronger at the expense of everything, even humanity, comes to the forefront, as does the image of the tattoo'd man... no, he's not even a man, he's only a child at that, and his name... Akaza, no, Hakuji, his real name, not the one given by the bastard who made him into a demon. His life plays out before me yet again, one peppered by even greater suffering than that of Michikatsu. At the end, as with before, his abilities become known to me.

Below my feet and across the ground, a sort of blue pattern is created. I recognize it as Hakuji's primary technique, a sort of compass that detects the fighting will of those nearby and allows one to seemingly be attracted to the openings in their targets offense and defense. I look down at it

"... well, that's new. I didn't think I would run through everything so quickly."

E sent out a telepathic message to pretty much his entire team. “Oi. I’ve been feeling kinda out of it lately. Mind giving me an update on what’s going on?”

"Nothing, as of now. We've got the stereo sphere and now we're heading to our next location, wherever it may be."

I raise an eyebrow at the pattern before looking back to Austin.

"Well, like I said, I'm an amnesiac. It's not just the meat fog I'm up against, but a mental one too."

I put a hand to the back of my head.

"I like meditating because it allows me to focus on myself. It works as a sort of stabilizer, ya know? With all of the shit going on, maintaining who I am is important to me."

Dy1 looks around for someone to test his new stuff with, and maybe train to get stronger! So he simply looks around and notices Serena and Astraea talking about something, something about rocky mountainside... maybe they're planning on training? He decides to approach them, he looks up to them and waves. "Heyo!"

"I've heard you both talk about a Mountainside something and I was wondering... are you two planning to use the training room for a small sparring?" Dy1 asks

"We're going to fight, yes. Though what I wanted to do was maybe a bit further than simple sparring, but, we should be fine. Do you want to join?"

Dy1 smiles while nodding repeatedly, his head becoming a blur... and getting a bit distorted once he stops, however he fixes his face. "Yes! I wanted to test my new stuff, and I have a feeling of hunger... for a fight! Well... also for sweets but still"

Eldur chuckled.

"Perfect, first ... I need to undo my armor", he said as the pieces on his body started to fall,
leaving him with only black pants and an uncovered torso.

"Mh, without armor ... a sensation I've rarely experienced," he said, stretching his joints a little.

[Crimson said to just assume it gets built]

"So, I wanted to establish beforehand, due to the things I spoke of with Astraea. I don't want this to be a simple sparring match. I want to push myself to the limit. As such, fight as if this was a serious enemy. But try to stop just short of killing."

The Fire God smiled slightly, stroking Seraph's head.

"That's the spirit, kiddo", he said to then summon a black jacket from his hammerspace.

"Noted, only hold back enough to not kill." Astraea comments, adjusting her gloves and putting away her coat for the fight.

"I'm ready whenever you two are."

With Nade's upgrade, Colis takes his leave, weighing the possibilities at his disposal.

... So far, not much... Most of his ideas would need field testing. He could probably turn more of his blood to Botulinum... Solid idea actually.

He does dip in to do that, filling a few vials before giving it a rest for now.

After that... Perhaps it would be best to converse with the rest of the Chosen, finally.

He approaches Seraph and Eldur, just listening in for now.

Seraph and Eldur appear to be working on two things. One: Reparing the massive hole in Eldur's armor. Two: Creating a new set, that from the armored skirt, femenine build, and pink markings, is quite obviously meant for Seraph.

Serena enters a combat stance, her body becomes surrounded in Shine, it radiating off, pulsating and expelling energy, seeming to cover her like an armor, where before it was just a property she could apply to her attacks.

"Can you give us a countdown?" Serena said, looking at the robot.

Dy1 takes off his scarf and nods. Charging up his Ki for a bit. Then he begins counting down.

"One...

Two...

Three..." He slowly counts, cracking his knuckles.

"Go time!" He says, charging two energy spheres on his hands.

Back