• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Save the World: Chapter 2

“Alright, well, practice makes perfect. That’s what...everyone says.“ she shrugged. Where did that phrase even come from... “Speaking of practice I should probably spar at some point. I just...don’t like the idea of fighting. It’s scary, you know?”

“But I mean, it’s kind of necessary isn’t it?” She asked as she leaned forward in her chair. She seemed to move on from her music and just looked down in the dumps. “We have a lot of responsibility here and we need to fight to be able to do what we have to. It’s just...so much to do.”

She looked at him with sad puppy eyes. It really sucked.

"Yeah. You probably saw a decent selection of it back during the fight with the necromancers. There's the obvious, like regeneration and the general control I have over my body..."

"Yes. I once experienced the loss of music. Never again can I go through that before finishing my song. I also have... unfinished business in my home world.", Orpheus looks at Melanie, "So are you saying you want to spar with me?"

“Oh! I mean uh...it wasn’t really an offer personally but I mean like if youre willing, uh...” she rubbed the back of her head, unsure of what to say in response. “I uh...maybe?”

"So it's the same type... Not sure I can do much you can't already do for yourself. Though, I can at least try."

Colis increases his bone density by 8x

"I am sorry for the misunderstanding. If you're not up for it, then forget I said anything." Orpheus quickly responds.

Having gone to the training room and asked for a very specific kind of area for herself far away from all other, Noma separates a chunk of flesh and metal from herself, which starts using the resources from the enviroment to start building.

Afterwards, she would head to the forge of the fire god, using her self-upgrading ability to speed up her travel.
"Hello there."
Noma says once she arrives.

“Ah, you noticed. Well, I didn’t mean to. But the vanilla extract S and DJ have seems to have had some almond extract mixed in, or something like that.” I show the bottle.

“Oh, no! It’s not that I don’t want it, it’s just that you kind of offered it out of the blue.” She stood up from her chair and stretched. ”I really should get some fighting experience though.”

"No offense but did you add any special ingredients when you were making them?"
"Cyanide. I took it as a challenge to my biological manipulation. On another note, I am fairly sure I can easily become immune to any earthly aliment if I put my mind to it."

“Cyanide?!”
I jump slightly, looking to Collis, shocked and confused. I don’t even notice that I dropped three more dishes of crème brûlée in the process.

"... Yes, it had cyanide in it. You think this is the first time someone's put something questionable into my entree or dessert?"

I look down, dispirited, “… and I thought you ate it so quickly cause you enjoyed it…”
“Wait! Who put stuff in your food?! That’s horrible! Messing with someone’s meal is the worst thing a human being can do.”
Oh wait, those people probably got melted. Good.
I think a moment, then try a bit of the vanilla extract.
Almonds…
“So then, does this have cyanide in it? Cause if so, we should really ask DJ and S about where they get their supplies…”

"You might have just mixed up the ingredients, don't worry too much. If you don't mind, I can follow you into the kitchen and make sure you know what's what?"

“Y’know, I’ll go double check. It doesn’t seem like the best place for it, but maybe there was a shelf labeled cyanide next to the vanilla extract shelf.”
I put the remaining crème brûlée down on a table, then go back into the fridge area to check the shelves.

[Here’s some notable stuff that Collis sees, in order:
In the kitchen there’s a button labeled "The place where we store food and stuff idk."
After pressing the button, the walls of space and time twist, allowing him to view their insides.
Once that stops, he’s in a cold room with sections for all types of perishable foods.
There’s a similar room for things stored at room temperature that they enter.
In said room, there are massive bags of flower, so large that even spilling a fraction of it could so thoroughly fill a room with flour particles that people with enhanced senses can’t see objects right in front of them.]
“Follow me.”
I take Collis into the fridge dimension, and head straight over to the non-perishables area.
I take a left turn at the first intersection, walk a few dozens of meters down, and turn right, then after a few meters turn around back to the first intersection and go down what was originally the right path. After a few more turns, mix ups, and nearly two hundred meters of walking to cross a 70m distance, we arrive at the spice area.
There’s a shelf filled with bottles of a liquid, with a label reading “vanilla extract”.
And sure enough, right next to it, there’s another shelf of identical looking bottles, that has a label reading “cyanide”. However, the label is pretty small and has been moved off center in such a way that you might not notice unless you were looking.
“Why…?”

Colis' eyebrows seem to progressively raise in concern and bafflement the more he sees, till eventually.

"Okay, we are in desperate need of reorganization."

He sends a telepathic message over to Socrates and David Beckum.

"Do you have an infinite supply of pens and labels, by chance? The kitchen is an atrocity."

The lightning seems to weave around Serena somewhat as well, ending up hitting the areas right next to her instead of her directly.

As for Dy1, Serena attempts to counter attack, as she herself is shielded with Shine, she attempts to go for a powerful punch to the shield that he is using against her.

Astraea notes her lighting weaving around Serena, gripping the blade tighter in her hands.

Guess I have to go melee afterall.

She heads up to the two using her electrical evasion, the blades around her at the ready ready for automatic defense, as she swings the one in her hand at the nun from behind, knowing she'd have predicted it and trying to adjust last second to compensate for it.

Dy1 stops tackling, given Astraea was doing something, he comes up with a quick plan to hit both of them! He quickly fires a Ki blast onto the air and puts his fingers on his forehead as he places two commando bombs on the floor quickly, getting ready to explode as he tries teleporting to where his Ki blast is.

"Well, I'll see ya soon, I guess."

I say to Silas, lightly waving to him before walking off. I can't really think of much to do but prepare for when we see the green guy again, which is rather unusual for me, so I look for S and/or DJ.

@DMUA

"That's S's job."

"Oh lord. I'm coming over."

And, sure enough, S appears besides Collis and Eight. Fast and effective.

"Alright, i can make the pens and labels. What's the problem exactly?"

@Hl3_or_bust

Austin can sense DJ's presence the closest. Seems S's presence dissapeared seemily.

Moving through the hallway from before [when he got the first stereo sphere and the hallway that leads to the clothes room], there seems to be another door. It's labeled "Work". For some reason, this feels like going to talk to your boss in a busy work day.

Entering the door shows that it's quite the humble little room. Grayish walls, plants growing at the corners, pictures of people you can't quite recognize hanging on the walls, and finally, in the center of the room, there is DJ, sitting in a chair and writting some papers in desk. He looks up to Austin, clearly tired.

"Ah, hey. How can i help?"

Colis just sort of, gestures at everything.

"This is a labelling nightmare and we need to solve it before someone is served Cyanide."

Serena would've tried to block the attack and counter at Astraea, were it not for the bombs that were placed at their feet. So she instead elects to get out of there, and appear on a different cliffside a few hundred meters away.

Astraea simply stacks a second layer of barriers while moving backwards as far as she could since her electric evasion was up, trying to mitigate the damage of the explosion.

Does she count as divine I wonder, does he? Even if they don't it would help with firepower so maybe it's worth it. She thinks as she moves

Dy1 flies high into the air and extends his hands. He tries firing multiple Ki Spheres at both Astraea and Serena. Thinking this as a lot of fun, however he needed to remain serious, as to not get distracted.

Serena leaps back, to avoid the attacks thrown at the moment.

"Well, time to get more serious then."

She commented, smiling somewhat, and began by throwing two Black Keys, each aimed at one of her enemies' shadows.

Last edited:
Dy1 keeps blasting, noticing the Black Key, thinking it was going to be thrown at him.... However it goes a bit lower, leaving Dy1 confused. "Did she... miss?" He thinks to himself.

Astraea's swords block and deflect a large amount of the ki blasts, as she stays on the defensive, and swings her blade to intercept the black key while she made her way closer to Serena.

It won't be pleasant if I let those hit their targets.

Back