• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Save the World: Chapter 2

Astraea's thunder blades appear behind her, along with an electric barrier around her. She grabs one of the blades out of the air, while two go after Serena and Dy1 automatically, one each.

"Woah!" Dy1 says smiling, firing his blasts quickly at both Serena and Astraea, as he attempts to grab the thunder blade with one of his hands, the electricity being instantly absorbed by him, and powering him up a bit. "Thank you!" He says with a grin, as he aims his Buster and fires repeatedly at the both of them.

Serena activates Flash Air, as the attacks seem to weave away from her somehow, for an unclear reason.

She appears on a rocky cliffside some meters above Dy1, and releases a spear made of Shine at him.

Dy1 tries to see where Serena went, but once he realizes the spear is already going at him, he attempts dodging it via stretching his body a bit, however he gets hit by it a bit. "That was... pretty good!" He says, smiling. "However..." He puts his fingers over his forehead and tries teleporting behind Serena, with his Buster ready.

Astraea's other blades return to her after missing their targets

So don't use lightning on the robot, noted.

She uses ignition to just pull lighting down from above Serena, as she stood where she was, not quite having decided to teleport into melee with those two without seeing how both did in cqc.

Serena seems to turn around to face him a bit before he teleports, as she would already be staring him down when he appeared in his intended location, however, oddly enough, she wasn't attacking yet, she was preparing for his own attack.

I watch the fight for a bit. Then start staring at the ceiling. Then walk aimlessly for a while. Then…
Hey, didn’t Dy1 say that he wanted sweets? I think my cooking should have improved, I should go make some!
I head to the kitchen, and get out the necessary ingredients for crème brûlée.
As I’m going about the work, I only drop fifteen dishes.
Strangely, the blowtorch doesn’t seem to be working when I try to melt the sugar on top. I shake it a bit, then get a match to try to see if it’s actually releasing gas.
The torch explodes violently, destroying my hand, but that quickly regenerates.
I let out a confused, “Why…?”
Undeterred, I get another one, and it works.
Once I’m done, I throw out about half of them, since I lost focus and next thing I knew they were ash, then I try one of the less burnt ones. The vanilla flavor’s not very strong, instead it tastes a bit nutty, and a bit too much like burnt sugar.
I double check my ingredients, and when it was in fact vanilla, let out a defeated “Why…?”
At least it’s not a bad flavor change.
I put a bunch of bowls of the crème brûlée on a platter, and bring the “vanilla extract” with me so I can defend myself if people don’t like the nuttiness. Then I head to the main room, open the door to the training room, and amplify my shout into both.
“Anyone want crème brûlée?! It’s a bit burnt… some more than others… but it’s still pretty good!” I yell out.
[For anyone with analysis abilities, each one has a very lethal dose of cyanide in it.]

Last edited:
Dy1 decides to cover himself with the water shield shortly after he teleports and quickly attempts to tackle Serena with his proto-shield.

Now one might wonder, what was melanie doing while al of this was going on? She was...well she was screwing around completely she was flipping between 2D and 3D and being very uncomfortable about this shift but being unable to stop out of morbid curiosity.

“I really don’t understand why anyone would want depth,” she said with a frown as she checked herself out in a mirror, examining herself. “I mean like, come on, what would you want this?”

She moved her hands in a forward backwards motion. It wasnt any different from how she normally moved, but at the same time it was absolutely different from how she normally moved.

“I guess I should probably stay like this for the most part, though. The others would probably like this more.“ she put her hands behind her head in a generic anime pose. “Well, whatever. Let’s head out.”

”Okay!” the copy of melanie that was...holding the mirror, apparently, tossed it into the air and it disappeared into the void before the Melanie copy had also booted out of existence. Melanie stepped away from that mess and tried to find something to do.

Melanie could hear music coming from one of the rooms near her. It was muffled because of a closed door, but he dog ears still picked up on it.

Not only did her dog ears picked it up, but her cartoon eyes picked it up. Music notes coming from one of the rooms nearby and invading her ears with some pleasant sounding tunes. She smiled a little and, wanting to see the noise, slowly walked towards the room the music was coming from and quietly opened the door, hoping to not disturb the one inside.

I raise an eyebrow at the pattern before looking back to Austin.

"Well, like I said, I'm an amnesiac. It's not just the meat fog I'm up against, but a mental one too."

I put a hand to the back of my head.

"I like meditating because it allows me to focus on myself. It works as a sort of stabilizer, ya know? With all of the shit going on, maintaining who I am is important to me."
"Yeah, that seems like something that would be important with all the dissociation apparently going around... unless we're somehow the only ones having that, which is a weird coincidence. Well, not especially weird considering... everything else that has happened, really. Heh."

I think about that for a second. It feels a lot more important than it... feels, at least to me. I was able to go on those dissociation trips without ever getting lost, like I always knew who I was regardless of circumstance. Now that I realize that, it's clear. There's a voice in the back of my mind, constantly repeating something that's either my name or just "me". I thought it was just that weird static sound you get when your ears try to pick up on sounds that aren't there, and the fact that I didn't notice it at first is strange.

Inside she can see orpheus sitting at a table with a flute in his hand. His back is turned towards Melanie. He still has his armor on, but is somehow capable of playing the flute despite that. On the table lies a piece of paper with musical notes scribbled onto it. He grabs a pen and starts scribbling on the paper again.

"Can I help you?" He suddenly asks.

“oh, sorry. I didn’t mean to interrupt. You just...sound really nic,” Melanie said with a smile as she stepped further into the room. “I didn’t know anyone here could play instruments. Even I’m not they good at it, heh...”

“Oh, yeah. I like music. I kind of have to. Everywhere I go has about a 50 percent chance to break out into song.” She chuckled and looked up at the ceiling for a moment. “So you play the flute? You play anything else?”

Colis can't really contribute much to their smithing talk... Maybe another time. For now, Colis moves, approaching Austin and Silas.

“wait, your next song has every instrument?” She said with a small frown. That’s a lot of instrument. That’s a lot of music. “What kind of song are you working on?”

"A requiem. My greatest desire is to complete it, but I do not know how. He never finished it so now I'm stuck with it..."

I nod in agreement with Silas before hearing Colis coming towards me. As he rounds the corner, I notice two things, other than the new suit he's wearing: his bones appear much stronger than before, and there's a weird type of virus crawling all throughout him, but it's not causing any problems.

I wave at him.

”he? Uh...who’s he?” Melanie suddenly got a chair from the great beyond and sat down in it...the wrong way. You know, her front was facing the back of the chair. Kinda condescending.

”Some guy you know?”

"I believe I've mostly run out of things to do... Is there anything in particular you'd like to look into?"

“Oh that sounds...pretty depressing,” she said with a shake of her head before scooting forward. “Do you want to talk about it at all or...you just gonna keep that bottled in?”

@Dragon, Hl3, and DMUA
Since no one reacted to my shouting, I decide to ask people individually.
I see Collis, Silas, and Austin, and head over to them.
“I made crème brûlée. Do any of you want to try one?”
[Most of them are fairly burnt, and if you have good enough senses/analysis you could tell there’s a very lethal dose of cyanide, and not enough vanilla in them.]
Then I remember, “Oh right, I never introduced myself to you guys, I’m Eight.”
Then I think again, “Oh yeah, Collis, you were looking for immortal people and stuff like that right? I think my body’s immortal-ish and its blood was used to grow a big forest or something.” I slash my wrist and it regenerates, though in the process I shake the tray I’m holding, causing two dishes of crème brûlée to fall off.
“Ah! No!”
I catch the two dishes, but shake the tray again in the process, and another one falls off.

Last edited:
"... no thank you, Eight."

So that's why Colis was looking for me, eh?

I turn back to Colis.

"I'm somewhat interesting in that weird... body modification stuff I saw you do before, which is probably only stronger now."

Colis looks at the dishes, and takes it as an active challenge, removing his sense of taste for a moment and amplifying his body's antibody production process before swallowing the whole dish, consuming the cyanide in droves and near immediately gaining immunity.

"Thank you for the meal, and, interesting..."

He pulls out a vial from his lab

"How would you prefer the sample be taken?"

As 8 just cuts himself, he takes it gladly, and puts it back before turning to Austin.

"It's not quite stronger in terms of what I can modify... Though, now, I can precisely target cells and generate pathogens."

Last edited:
I give Colis a strange look for a moment before pulling off the further half of my index finger, the regeneration being so fast that the bones, veins, and nerves can be seen reaching out for the disconnected area before simply growing it back wholesale in less than a heartbeat. I pop the finger in the vial.

"I'd be careful, just so you know. My blood is pretty acidic."

@Jackythejack

Orpheus is quiet for a moment. "Excuse that sudden outburst. I suppose my powers have changed. Anyway, I'm stuck when it comes to my requiem, so I am merely sharpening my skills."

"Hmm, interesting..."

He takes the finger, purposefully letting himself get burned by the acid to see it's effects.

"You have a variety of other bodily powers besides this, right?"

Back