• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Both 7-A forms

Ash has all of his pokemon as best as they were in X/Y.

Saber (Fate) has Excalibur/Avalon (Not fully charged mind you)

Speed Equalized.

Win by Death

Bloodlusted

Who wins and why?

Saber arturia-0Gallery
AshXYanime

So does he have all of his best pokemon (Charizard, Infernape, Sceptile, Greninja, etc) or only his XY team (Greninja, Noivern, etc)? And is he restricted to one at once or can he just have them all attack together.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
So does he have all of his best pokemon (Charizard, Infernape, Sceptile, Greninja, etc) or only his XY team (Greninja, Noivern, etc)? And is he restricted to one at once or can he just have them all attack together.
He has XY team only, and they can attack all together.

He wins then, the fact that Saber and Gren are actually rather even in AP and Dura with Gren edging out ignoring Excalibur (which isn't charged here) and while Excalibur ohkos the whole team she won't exactly be charging it with 6 monsters on her trying to defeat here with one being on equal terms and another not that far behind. 1v1 she'd actually have a chance but the whole team makes it extremely difficult for her.

TheJ-ManRequiem said:
He wins then, the fact that Saber and Gren are actually rather even in AP and Dura with Gren edging out ignoring Excalibur (which isn't charged here) and while Excalibur ohkos the whole team she won't exactly be charging it with 6 monsters on her trying to defeat here with one being on equal terms and another not that far behind. 1v1 she'd actually have a chance but the whole team makes it extremely difficult for her.
Ash: 1

Saber: 0

I give it to Ash.

Saber has precog, but in 6 vs 1 match, she still has hard time to deal with them. Not to mention that all of them is around 7-A especially Pikachu and Greninja who far superior to normal mountain level rank.

Saber's magic resistance can protect her from some moves. But since Ash's team have members that on casual mountain level. Plus they also have several physical attacks(Iron Tail, Flying Press, Aerial Ace, Brave Bird, etc.), so I don't think magic resistance should be a problem.

If Ash lucky, he can also use Pikachu to paralyze her. And he can increase success rate when combine with Goodra's Rain Dance.

For Saber best attack, Excalibur. She can charge it really fast if she want. And can also blasts her opponents with the Hammer of the Wind King before charging. But since this is 6 vs 1, I doubt really hard she can stop them all before success using it.

Even Saber succes to use Excaliblast, I think most of Ash's team can dodge. Noivern, Talonflame and Hawlucha can flight, left of them can also ride on first set to dodge. Not to mention Ash also has a way to call them back to pokeballs for dodge it.

With this, I think Ash got thid hihg-diff.

Yes but how long does it take to charge since unless it's nigh instant she's still getting ganged up the moment she tries it preventing her from doing it to begin with.

Now taking a peek at the wiki as I haven't read the VN and only watched the Ufotable anime adaptions (in which Avalon isn't used by her so I got little idea on how it works) it'd says she can't attack while inside it.

Regardless Greninja should still be capable of taking off guard and dodging it with Double Team as she'd have little idea where to aim as he's shown to be able to cover entire areas in a 360 degree radius with clones.

If you can convine me or provide feats that suggest that she'd be able to charge it up quick enough and hit them with it or provide a video or something of how 7-A Saber's Avalon works I'd change my vote as obviously, that'd mean she'd oneshot. .

@Requiem

Saber activated her Excalibur in less than a second. IIRC this was added to her profile some time ago.

Also she activated Avalon and was advancing forward while being protected by it and struck down Gilgamesh.

If that's the case, she'd probably win High-Diff with speed equal as Greninja would still be a problem if he manages to dodge with Double Team but if she can spam it and go into a nigh-impenetrable defense to charge it and come out to fire and rinse and repeat she'd win eventually,

What are the stats for each of his Pokemon? Cuz I know they ain't all in the same level. And she can go for Ash as well.

Grenina is at least high-ish 7-A, Pikachu is not far behind (beat a Metagross rather easily and a Tyranitar if I recall in succesion), the rest I honestly don't know, they should all be in the 7 tier to an extent but I didn't pay that much attention to XY outside of the finale due to the hype it got, I do know that Noivern fought Zapdos and did damage to it and Talonflame fought (lost) to a Moltres in it's previous forn and Goodra with Bide (takes the damage it recieved and fires it back, maybe twice as strong, don't qoute me on the latter there) is supposedly good with the highest win ratio out of all his Pokemon. .

Also while true she can go for Ash and completely splatter him, this is a speed equal match, he can focus on dodging while his mons attack if that happens unless she has Excalibur's nuke ready and manages to fire it at him, I don't see him dodging that with speed equal due to AOE.

^Ash still has a way to ride on Noivern's back if he feel unsafe on ground. With this he has more change to dodge Excalibur and he can still use Noivern to attacks by range attacks.

@Xanxussama1010

That seems like a bit of a stretch, not like he knows she has Excalibur to begin so I don't see him actively using his mons to dodge potential attacks but it's a probablity I guess.

Anyway my vote is for Ash (Greninja/Pikachu basically) unless she'd be able to use Excalibur in which case Saber 7 out of 10 times with the missing times being if Greninja dodges unless she can spam it in which case she's bound to hit Greninja at some point so my vote would go to her.

Would it possible for any of them to attack between her coming out of Avalon and firing Excaliblast? What's the window for that, also is Avalon visible when she's in it? (from what I understood it was the sheath clearly it can do more outside of healing)

Do they know where she'll come out from?

Playing devil's advocate here, I'm fine with either outcome but I wanna cover all the ground there is to cover.

@TheJ-ManRequiem Well, this match is abnormality for Trainer like Ash. If he notice that his opponent trying to attack him, I think that there're high change he will do it for make himself safe.

Anyway, my vote still on Ash. With Avalon, it's should be harder, but Saber can't attack when retreat her sword to Avalon. And After she do that one, I sure Ash will notice it and find a way to disturb her next time. Like when he disturbed Aegislash's Kings Shield

Well Ash has some experience, I'm sure Avalon is a little hax here, I don't even know how it works, I know it can heal but the whole defense thing, seems like she's transported to a different nigh-impenetrable dimension from reading the page for her but it was stated she could move in it (apparetly she was going towards Gil with it activated) so maybe it's like a barrier/forcefield? I'm not gonna be able to make a call on that till I see her actually use as I don't know how it actually works.

How its defense works is almost like self BFR, when activated the scabbard dissipates into countless tiny particles in the air and engulfs the user and isolates and completely protects her/him in a separate world, and it can protect against anything as far as the sixth dimension so you can't "disturb it". Basically the the barrier isolates her from the world and protects her against pretty much anything and she can move while using it.

@TheJ-ManRequiem

There is a super small window for them to attack when she is charging Excalibur but they most likely won't be able to deal a finish blow in under a second, which means that Saber will be able to fire the excaliblast and they won't be able to dodge the giant AOE beam in time if they attack. After that Saber can just heal her wounds and defend against their attacks with avalon.

Maybe but looking at the pages Gren is above her dura as at least mountain, likely higher>base mountain (which makes sense as Gren>Pikachu>Alain's Tyranitar). Also, Excaliblast is listed as Mountain, which Gren can tank, although it is hypotetically small island but as far as feats go, he could potentially tank it. Although he'd be the only one (I want to say Goodra too but I have no basis for that).

Not sure what you are talking about it says "7-A with physical strikes, At least High 7-A with Excalibur" which I still think is a slight low ball but whatever.

@Rin

Gren's profile is Ash's profile.

@Ramesses

Actually it says Likely High 7-A and then adds in the AP section that the reasoning is she was weaker before so it should be higher at maximum power, which it should be obviousl but without feats or, arguably, with a statement like it was 10% max power and just multiply it off that ya could get the ballpark for it but there is no statement mentioned so I can't quite say.

Edit: ****, my bad it does say At least High 7-A.

In which case, if she can get it off and hit them with it, and they can't do anything about it then yeah, she'd win.

Edit: Clearly I need sleep because of my lack of reading comprehension twice in a row now but the OP states that this is Saber (Fate), is this referring to Fate as in Fate/Stay Night or the key Fate (and not Unlimited Blade Works) as in the one that I previously confused with the stronger incarnation?

Imi wakaranai, bro. Fate Saber should be referring to both the key and the series. And since the original post says fully charged Excaliblast is restricted, she should be 'At least 7-B with physical strikes, 7-A with Excalibur' here so no High 7-A Excaliblast.

OP said, Saber (Fate) Vs. Ash.

I get that it's Arturia, the Saber from Fate, but on her page the two 7-A keys are (Fate) and (Unlimited Blade Works).

Is the (Fate) in the OP simply saying it's Saber from Fate or is it the key beingn used?

Edit: Thanks for clearing that up, in which case this takes it back to where I was before.

Ash takes this under these conditions most likely as a bloodlusted Greninja can tank Excaliblast.

Yes it's a 7-A only with one move. She's city level otherwise. She's battling 6 people where one of them, or two are Mountain. So how is this any fair at all?

@Burning Full Fingers

Well anyway, thanks for clearing it up, I was msotly confused on the key that was being used.

Anyway what's your take on this? Personally I cast my vote towards Ash due to a 6 way team up of 7-C to 7-A fighters, one of which is arguably a bit stronger than Saber but I'd like to hear your stance as I'm still iffy since Avalon sounds broken and it spammed in conjuction with Excaliblast would likely put down the whole team sooner or later.

@Rin

Not sure, ya gotta ask the OP why he thought it'd be a good idea, it's not like it's a stomp here anyway, it could still go either way as only two are actually the problem here and even then it's mostly the Greninja.

Still if Avalon+Excaliblast spam is a viable option she could very well still win if the opposing team can't get a hit in.

I failed at basic reading comprehension lol, anyway I still vote for saber due to avalon and while she might not one shot Ashs strongest pokémon she will still deal serious damage to them and eventually kill them with excalibur.

That's the thing, will it hit twice? Gren has double team, he can easily fill the entire area in a 360 radius with clones if he tanks the first hit as he likely won't be wanting to be hit again, she won't know where to aim basically and she'd also have upwards of a hundred clones from all directions rushing her not knowing which one is the real one.

Add the fact Pikachu could potentially tank it too and if Goodra tanks it (not sure where it is in dura, it fought Alain's Bisharp so it should be up there but not sure how high, weaker than Gren obviously though) Saber will be having an Excaliblastx2 fired back at her.

Back