• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ash Ketchum & Pikachu (Pokémon) VS Max Taylor & Chomp (Dinosaur King) [0-0-0]

Ash Ketchum and his pocket monster Pikachu VS Max Taylor and his triceratops dino Chomp! A Pokémon VS Dinosaur King battle! I've been wondering for at most 8 years (since 2015) on who would win this matchup between protagonists of two shows that were a part of my childhood. So, as a new member to the VS Battles Wiki, I'll choose this MU for my first versus thread. Now that Ash Ketchum is now not only the champion of the Alola League, but has also become the Pokémon Monarch! With him reaching the end of his and Pikachu's journey, we can finally pit them with their full potential against opponents who have many things in common, the similarities are:
• Both are young boys from children's anime shows (that were aired on 4Kids at some point) that are based around using elemental monsters to fight against people.
• Both of their names are incredibly on the nose with what the show is about (Ketchum = Catch Them, and Max's Japanese name literally means dinosaur).
• Both of their signature monster-pet is a cute, small yellow animal that has the ability to shoot lightning, as well as having the ability to grow to a much larger size (Chomp and Pikachu).
• Both of their main enemies are a group of three people who use their own elemental monsters to try and steal Max and Ash's monsters, as well as their friends monsters (Alpha Team and Team Rocket).
• Both of them travel with two other people (Rex and Zoe for Max, and the revolving door of tagalongs for Ash but since their the most iconic I'll say Brock and Misty).
• Both of them were inspired by their fathers and have taken up their occupation themselves (Max's dad was a paleontologist and Ash's dad was a Pokémon trainer).
• Both of them are also voiced in EN by Veronica Taylor (at some point in time).
• Both young heroes saved their respective worlds more than once.

If the two teams ever met each other, they'd very much likely get along and become friends because of the things they have in common. However, that's not what we're here for! We're here to see who would win!

Rules For This Battle:
1. Victory Condition: Death (This battle must end in the death of one side. For fairness, personality restraints from killing the opponent are removed.)
2. State of Mind: In character, but will attempt to win the battle. (All other character traits, tactics, and attributes are not removed and are attempted to be represented faithfully.)
3. NO preparation time! (To make this fight fair.)
4. NO equalizing speed! (For reasons I'll state in case you ask me why.)
5. Optional Equipment: Allowed (The Z-Crystals (Electrium Z, Pikashunium Z, Normalium Z, & Steelium Z) are allowed for Ash so Pikachu can use ONLY ONE of his Z-Moves (Gigavolt Havoc, 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt, Breakneck Blitz, OR Corkscrew Crash) and the Lightning Element Booster is allowed for Max so Chomp can use his Dinotector Armor.)
6. Transformations: Allowed (Gigantamax form for Pikachu and Super form for Chomp.)
7. The verses are equalized. (So that Pikachu can properly use his Gigantamax form when there's Dynamax Energy near.)
8. All the other Standard Battle Assumptions are present in this battle. (e.g.: Character version, knowledge of the other character/verse, time, location, outside influence, and starting distance.)

So with all that out of the way: Who wins? Who dies? And what would be the difficulty level of the battle for the winner (Extremely high diff, high diff, mid/medium diff, low diff, no diff, negative/neg diff, or beyond negative/neg diff)?

Ash & Pikachu:

Max & Chomp:

Inconclusive:

150px-Ash_JN.png
196px-025Pikachu_AG_anime.png

R.bf3d6dbd457af92b46d6acd07f8f2268
OIP.8y-I1aoqLAFa9mXeWEXhNgAAAA

Last edited:
I feel like I’m missing something cuz you just threw either a Superhuman 9-B at an FTL High 7-A or a Supersonic 2-B at an FTL High 7-A. Both of which are just awful ideas.

I feel like I’m missing something cuz you just threw either a Superhuman 9-B at an FTL High 7-A or a Supersonic 2-B at an FTL High 7-A. Both of which are just awful ideas.
The gap in tier/AP between Chomp and Pikachu is actually smaller than you think since Pikachu is Tier 3/Cosmic Tier (3-C/Galaxy level to High 3-A/High Universe level) with his Z-moves (Gigavolt Havoc and 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt). But there still is a disadvantage for Pikachu in AP so that’s why speed won’t be equalized so that the yellow mouse has something to compete with against the yellow triceratops. Also, I’m not the first person to come up with this MU if that’s what you were ‘missing something’.

Last edited:
The gap in tier/AP between Chomp and Pikachu is actually smaller than you think since Pikachu is Tier 3/Cosmic Tier (3-C/Galaxy level to High 3-A/High Universe level) with his Z-moves (Gigavolt Havoc and 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt). But there still is a disadvantage for Pikachu in AP so that’s why speed won’t be equalized so that the yellow mouse has something to compete with against the yellow triceratops.
1. The tier 3 stuff you mentioned isn’t on the profile linked.
2. That doesn’t change anything regardless. Chomp is beyond infinitely stronger than Pikachu so the taser mouse isn’t doing anything here and because of the speed unequal, Chomp can’t hit anything.
Also, I’m not the first person to come up with this MU if that’s what you were ‘missing something’.
What I was missing is how this match is fair in anyway. Neither can beat the other, something blatantly obvious going by the profiles.

I know the match has been made before but so has Alien X vs Damian Wayne. No one is gonna say that’s a good fight.

1. The tier 3 stuff you mentioned isn’t on the profile linked.
2. That doesn’t change anything regardless. Chomp is beyond infinitely stronger than Pikachu so the taser mouse isn’t doing anything here and because of the speed unequal, Chomp can’t hit anything.

What I was missing is how this match is fair in anyway. Neither can beat the other, something blatantly obvious going by the profiles.

I know the match has been made before but so has Alien X vs Damian Wayne. No one is gonna say that’s a good fight.
For the first point, if you look at the attack potency of Pikachu (Anime), you would see that in it it says: "Island level (Stronger than before. Overpowered and vaporized a combined Hyper Beam from a well-trained Gyarados and Tyranitar), likely higher (Caused Lugia to flinch with a Thunderbolt), higher with Z-Moves or when absorbing electricity, at least Galaxy level, likely High Universe level with 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt and Gigavolt Havoc (Overpowered Guzzlord with Naganadel. One-shotted Merged Lusamine. Overwhelmed and defeated Tapu Koko's Guardian of Alola Z-Move)"
As for the second point, there's more to do with this match than with AP/striking strength/durability and speed. The abilities, hax, iq/battle iq, lifting strength, range, and stamina are also taken into account. For example: How much can Chomp deal with the paralysis inducement and statistics reduction from Pikachu? & How much electricity from Chomp can Pikachu resists or absorb? If you're asking how Chomp and Pikachu can handle the other's speed and AP respectively: there's always a chance that Pikachu will get hit by one of Chomp's super move cards even if he's faster (since not all Pokémon moves are 100% accurate but all Dinosaur King move cards are supposed to hit their targets) & Pikachu could absorb Chomp's electricity or even nullify it if he sticks his tail into the ground (like what he did with his rematch with Lt. Surge's Raichu).
And for that last point, wait really?! Someone pitted Alien X and Damian Wayne?! At least Ash/Pikachu and Max/Chomp have a lot more in common (and closer in tier) than those two. Any Ben 10 alien will beat that (literal and figurative) bastard to a bloody pulp, even if Damian has that "prep-time" bullshit from his papa!

Last edited:
For the first point, if you look at the attack potency of Pikachu (Anime), you would see that in it it says: "Island level (Stronger than before. Overpowered and vaporized a combined Hyper Beam from a well-trained Gyarados and Tyranitar), likely higher (Caused Lugia to flinch with a Thunderbolt), higher with Z-Moves or when absorbing electricity, at least Galaxy level, likely High Universe level with 10,000,000 Volt Thunderbolt and Gigavolt Havoc (Overpowered Guzzlord with Naganadel. One-shotted Merged Lusamine. Overwhelmed and defeated Tapu Koko's Guardian of Alola Z-Move)"
Fair enough. Was not paying attention fml.
As for the second point, there's more to do with this match than with AP/striking strength/durability and speed. The abilities, hax, iq/battle iq, lifting strength, range, and stamina are also taken into account.
If any of Pikachu’s hax can put down Chomp, it’s a stomp since he blitzes to a massive degree, LS is useless since it won’t harm Chomp and his lightning will destroy anything that binds him.
For example: How much can Chomp deal with the paralysis inducement and statistics reduction from Pikachu? & How much electricity from Chomp can Pikachu resists or absorb?
Pikachu isn’t resisting 4d lightning at all.
If you're asking how Chomp and Pikachu can handle the other's speed and AP respectively: there's always a chance that Pikachu will get hit by one of Chomp's super move cards even if he's faster (since not all Pokémon moves are 100% accurate but all Dinosaur King move cards are supposed to hit their targets) & Pikachu could absorb Chomp's electricity or even nullify it if he sticks his tail into the ground (like what he did with his rematch with Lt. Surge's Raichu).
Chomp is a statue to Pikachu, he isn’t hitting him … ever.
And for that last point, wait really?! Someone pitted Alien X and Damian Wayne?! At least Ash/Pikachu and Max/Chomp have a lot more in common (and closer in tier) than those two. Any Ben 10 alien will beat that (literal and figurative) bastard to a bloody pulp, even if Damian has that "prep-time" bullshit from his papa!
Discord … nuff said. And as you’d expect, Damian won.

Fair enough. Was not paying attention fml.

If any of Pikachu’s hax can put down Chomp, it’s a stomp since he blitzes to a massive degree, LS is useless since it won’t harm Chomp and his lightning will destroy anything that binds him.

Pikachu isn’t resisting 4d lightning at all.

Chomp is a statue to Pikachu, he isn’t hitting him … ever.

Discord … nuff said. And as you’d expect, Damian won.
Huh, now that you mention those things, this battle isn't going to be as fun to talk about than I thought. This turned out to be an "unstoppable force vs an immovable object" situation. Chomp does have the ap/striking strength/durability (and a higher tier) and Pikachu's got the speed, hax, iq/battle iq, range, stamina, lifting strength, and more versatile in abilities. However, I have come up with two scenarios of both sides winning over the other.

Scenario 1: Ash & Pikachu Win:
Ash tells Pikachu to use Thunderbolt, and Max in response slashes Chomp's Lightning Strike move card to his Dino Bracer. The two beams of electricity clash, with Lightning Strike coming out on top of the Thunderbolt (because of Chomp's superior AP). Ash tells Pikachu to dodge the Lightning Strike from the trike (and the mouse easily dodges with his speed). The trainer from Pallet Town now knows that he's at an AP disadvantage against the opponent. Ash then comes up with a strategy to defeat Chomp by paralyzing the dinosaur with Pikachu's ability (Static) and electric attacks (which halves Chomp's already inferior speed AND has a chance of preventing Chomp from making his moves against Pikachu), and Pikachu using the move Leer (a move Pikachu can't ever learn but this is ANIME Pikachu so the game rules don't matter) six times in a row to lower Chomp's (physical) durability to a quarter of what it was (x 0.25) so that Pikachu can start wearing down Chomp with his physical attacks, even when Chomp uses his Super Form and later his Dinotector Armor. With his trainer's command, the Mouse Pokémon starts to bombard Chomp with all of his moves (Pikachu is allowed to use more than 4 of his moves, game rules don't matter): Thunder Shock (can paralyze), Thunderbolt (can paralyze), Quick Attack (a priority move which makes Pikachu ALWAYS MOVE FIRST), Thunder (can paralyze), Double-Edge (suffers 1/3 recoil damage done to Chomp), Tackle (another move Pikachu can't ever learn but game rules don't apply here), Iron Tail (can lower Chomp's physical durability), Volt Tackle (can paralyze but Pikachu also suffers 1/3 recoil damage done to Chomp), Electro Ball (does more damage the faster Pikachu is against Chomp), and Electroweb (will lower Chomp's speed in addition to dealing damage). There's also Agility, something Pikachu can use three times in a row to quadruple (x 4) his already superior speed. Ash later in the battle decides to Gigantamax Pikachu to ramp up the attacks against Chomp. Max Strike (from Double-Edge) to lower Chomp's speed even more, Max Steelspike (from Iron Tail) to boost Pikachu's (physical) durability, and G-Max Volt Crash for a powerful STAB (same type attack bonus, gives a x 1.5 bonus to his Electric-type moves) G-Max move (which 100% will paralyze Chomp if he wasn't already by now, it also counts as a physical move from Volt Tackle). Once Pikachu reverts back to his regular size, Ash then puts the Electrium Z on his Z-Ring (Ash can choose which Z-move Pikachu can use but can only use ONE Z-move in a battle without outside help), and Pikachu uses Gigavolt Havoc (which is a physical move from the Volt Tackle) to annihilate the f*** out of Chomp and sends the three-horned face flying to the sky. Max sees that Chomp is about to land on him and runs to run away but he trips on a rock and watches in horror as his dinosaur is about to squish him anyways. Max is killed from the impact and Chomp's Dinotector Armor disintegrates and he reverts to his card form (even though Chomp has immortality types 1 & 4 AND possesses Low-Godly regeneration, this still counts as a ‘death’). Ash & Pikachu win.

Scenario 2: Max & Chomp Win:
With an explosion resulting from the Gigavolt Havoc that hit Chomp, it seemed that the yellow trike is no more. However, with the smoke clearing in the battle, Chomp still stands (thanks to his multiverse level durability) ! Not only is he still standing, his Dinotector Armor (albeit is cracked from Pikachu's constant barrages) also hasn't disintegrated! Ash and Pikachu are shocked, and the yellow mouse is on the verge of fainting from exhaustion. With Chomp now finally able to move (even though he still has the paralysis status effect), Max decides to use another move card. Any of Chomp's lightning move cards (Electric Charge, Lightning Spear, Lightning Strike, Thunder Bazooka, Plasma Anchor, Gatling Spark, Thunder Driver, Ultimate Thunder, or Final Thunder) will destroy Pikachu (despite his abilities to resist and absorb electricity), but Max is like "F*** IT!" and slashes the Ultimate Thunder on the Dino Bracer (even though Ultimate Thunder is more powerful when Chomp builds up speed, which he's kind of lacking right now) so Chomp charges up his electricity around his body and charges forward towards Pikachu. Ash, in a desperate attempt to curtail the ceratopsian tells Pikachu to use Volt Tackle, thinking that his buddy's overwhelming quadrupled speed boosted attack would deal with Chomp's Ultimate Thunder. The two electrokinetic monsters collide in their charges, with electricity surrounding both creatures. And just like what happened before, Chomp's attack comes out on top (thanks to his multiverse level striking strength), with Pikachu sent flying as he cried in pain from both the Ultimate Thunder and the recoil damage he suffered from the Volt Tackle. Pikachu lands on the ground... and faints (but he's NOT DEAD, YET!). Max decides to go for the kill by slashing Chomp's Final Thunder move card on the Dino Bracer. So Chomp runs towards the defenseless fainted mouse and then uses his tail whack Pikachu onto the ground which causes the rodent to bounce back up, Chomp then throws him up in the air with his horns and shoots up a ball of lightning at Pikachu (while he's still in the air). An arch of seven connected spheres of electricity that surrounds Chomp then turn into seven unconnected bolts of electricity and the taser trike finally launches his danmaku of electricity towards his opponent. Pikachu is hit by the six of the seven lightning bolts (while he's still in the air) and he explodes into blood-red mist before he even lands on the ground (because of being electrocuted from too much electricity that he can never resist/absorb). As for that other lightning bolt from Final Thunder that missed Pikachu, it hit Ash by accident, and caused collateral damage to the Pokémon trainer. Ash (being a mere mortal) obviously gets obliterated by that single bolt of lightning, causing him to turn into what he's named after... ash. Max & Chomp win.

So, with all that out of the way, what do you think of these two scenarios? Which one is more likely to happen and why (so that one side is a clear winner)? What is the percentage of that scenario likely happening? And what would be the difficulty level (Extremely high diff, high diff, mid/medium diff, low diff, no diff, negative/neg diff, or beyond negative/neg diff) for the winner of such a battle?

And wait, you're telling me that Damian would win over Alien-motherf***ing-X?!
wp5338279.jpg

(Very relevant image btw...)

Last edited:
I think it just becomes Pikachu dodges until Chomp is out of power and then one shots. Chomp has no chance with the unequal speed.

The argument went Damian hurt Jon who sort of scales to Supes = outerversal > 26D = AX … and the guy with Ben couldn’t counter it somehow. Like I said, Discord.

The argument went Damian hurt Jon who sort of scales to Supes = outerversal > 26D = AX … and the guy with Ben couldn’t counter it somehow. Like I said, Discord.
Damn! Ngl, I didn’t know that anyone could make an argument for Damian winning over Alien X. That does sort of makes sense.
I think it just becomes Pikachu dodges until Chomp is out of power and then one shots. Chomp has no chance with the unequal speed.
While Chomp's stamina is slightly inferior to Pikachu's, Chomp will never run out of power (thanks to his multiverse level Lightning Elemental Stone). I think it rather becomes "Pikachu dodges all of Chomp's attacks and attacks Chomp with his moves (regular moves and Max moves) until Chomp is worn down and then blasts him with his Z-Move", but even then it seems like Ash and Pikachu do have the better chance of winning against Max and Chomp because of the overwhelming speed advantage the former side has over the later. Therefore, Scenario 1 is more likely than Scenario 2.

However, even with both Pikachu's and Chomp's speed equalized, does Chomp still even have a chance of winning against Pikachu despite the speed equalization? Pikachu can still dodge and probably get the speed advantage over Chomp for 5 reasons:
1. Pikachu is WAY more agile, athletic, & acrobatic than Chomp could ever be (no contest there).
2. Pikachu can still attack first thanks to Quick Attack (which gives priority for Pikachu to attack his opponents first, even if they're faster).
3. Pikachu can half Chomp's speed (and could occasionally prevent him from moving) with paralysis inducement for the rest of the battle from either his ability (Static) or from most of his Electric-type moves (Thunder, Thunderbolt, Thunder Shock, Volt Tackle, or G-Max Volt Crash).
4. Pikachu can lower Chomp's speed to a quarter (x 0.25) of what it was with the repeated use of two moves he has at his disposal (Electroweb and Max Strike).
5. Pikachu can increase his speed with Agility (he can quadruple (x 4) his speed if he uses it for at least three times).

Those are the other reasons why I didn't equalize both Pikachu's and Chomp's speed in the first place (aside from allowing Pikachu to have the advantage he's supposed to naturally have over Chomp), it's because Pikachu would've out sped Chomp either way. With all of those reasons combined, do I even need to mention that Electro Ball does more damage the faster Pikachu is against Chomp? It does seem like the mouse's speed (and hax) is still way too much for the trike to handle.

Last edited:
Back