• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Huh, this'll be good....

Anyway, Ji Ning is a massive skill fiend, has more experience (not by much though), can grow better at swordplay the more he's pressured and capable of dividing his mind and fighting as though two people are on the battlefield at once. He also has wide area attacks that he can keep up in tandem with his close quarters and can spawn fires and encase her in ice whenever he pleases (though she's unaffected by extreme temperatures so this'll likely just catch her off-guard and hinder her).

He has a massive power advantage, via one-shotting people who one-shot people who stomp people over twice as powerful as her so she'd be hard pressed to survive even a couple of successful blows. When taking his danmaku into account, (he manifests rain whose every drop is a sword attack), she doesn't seem too likely to break out Exaclibur before Ji Ning kills her. Even if she does, she'd have to fire it off at least two or three times if she wants to drain his divine power and prevent him from regenerating from the damage.

So, I'd say Ning takes this. Course knowing Nasuverse, she'd probably have some 69-layered void-hax or smth that I'm missing.

Wait how? Ji Ning in this version only listed as 6-C+ to High 6-C
"He has a massive power advantage, via one-shotting people who one-shot people who stomp people over twice as powerful as her so she'd be hard pressed to survive even a couple of successful blows. When taking his danmaku into account, (he manifests rain whose every drop is a sword attack), she doesn't seem too likely to break out Exaclibur before Ji Ning kills her. Even if she does, she'd have to fire it off at least two or three times if she wants to drain his divine power and prevent him from regenerating from the damage." ~ Planck

Ah now i get it
He also had low-high regen as well, so sadly i don't believe Artoria can take him
Doesn't mention Saber Artoria skill isn't great either

Last edited:
I will go to sleep and honestly would like if someone that know much more could debate instead, but well, will addres some things.
Huh, this'll be good....

Anyway, Ji Ning is a massive skill fiend, has more experience (not by much though), can grow better at swordplay the more he's pressured and capable of dividing his mind and fighting as though two people are on the battlefield at once. He also has wide area attacks that he can keep up in tandem with his close quarters and can spawn fires and encase her in ice whenever he pleases (though she's unaffected by extreme temperatures so this'll likely just catch her off-guard and hinder her).

He has a massive power advantage, via one-shotting people who one-shot people who stomp people over twice as powerful as her so she'd be hard pressed to survive even a couple of successful blows. When taking his danmaku into account, (he manifests rain whose every drop is a sword attack), she doesn't seem too likely to break out Exaclibur before Ji Ning kills her. Even if she does, she'd have to fire it off at least two or three times if she wants to drain his divine power and prevent him from regenerating from the damage.

So, I'd say Ning takes this. Course knowing Nasuverse, she'd probably have some 69-layered void-hax or smth that I'm missing.
Talk about skill is annoying so will let others do that if possible.

Ji will be unable to use his hax around Saber, do to her magic resistance she will simply null everything, including his Dao domains.

What is the value that Ji scale? I know the long scaling chain but would like to know about the base value, Saber herself scale above the 26,6 GT currently used to scale servants. She also survived a Low 6-B attack, though yes badly injured, but survived it, so her durability should be high enough to not be one-shot or something like that. She also should use quickly her NP if her instincts tell her that that is needed to win.

His NP btw would have a great amount of spiritual energy, which mean that it apply the smurf conceptual/info/soul hax from the servant physiology, she also could use that with her normal attacks as others servants but she normally don't use when facing humans to not destroy them, but in this situation if she feel the danger with her instincts she probably would stop to held back her attacks.

Edit: Also, people mentioned his regen as a problem, but they seem to forget that conceptual weapons have regen negation in the servant physiology page, Excalibur is obviously a conceptual weapon so she neg the regen.

Last edited:
I will go to sleep and honestly would like if someone that know much more could debate instead, but well, will addres some things.

Talk about skill is annoying so will let others do that if possible.

Ji will be unable to use his hax around Saber, do to her magic resistance she will simply null everything, including his Dao domains.
What he has isn't magic. Even Dao Domains. Especially Dao Domains.
What is the value that Ji scale? Iknow the long scaling chain but would like to know about the base value, Saber herself scale above the 26,6 GT currently used to scale servants. She also survived a Low 6-B attack, though yes badly injured, but survived it, so her durability should be high enough to not be one-shot or something like that. She also should use quickly her NP if her instincts tell her that that is needed to win.
200-1000 times 297 Megatons. So around 59 Gigatons. And really bad injuries aren't all that usable for durability scaling, a writer is still displaying that their durability has been overcome, even if he isn't aware that they should be salsa.
His NP btw would have a great amount of spiritual energy, which mean that it apply the smurf conceptual/info/soul hax from the servant physiology, she also could use that with her normal attacks as others servants but she normally don't use when facing humans to not destroy them, but in this situation if she feel the danger with her instincts she probably would stop to held back her attacks.
What even is the hax? Like, how does it manifest?

59 Gigatons, i see
As for magic resistance, it is not always be magic, the resistances can work against supernatural things
EDIT: Basically what Reaper said

What he has isn't magic. Even Dao Domains. Especially Dao Domains.

200-1000 times 297 Megatons. So around 59 Gigatons. And really bad injuries aren't all that usable for durability scaling, a writer is still displaying that their durability has been overcome, even if he isn't aware that they should be salsa.

What even is the hax? Like, how does it manifest?
No, the name is magic resistance but the thing actually is resistance against supernatural in general, like even genetic powers can be nulled, so isn't limited to pure magic.

They just charge their attacks with spiritual energy and damage the concept/info/soul of the other side, is how servants can damage and manipulate the spirit core of other servants. When against normal people they don't use it because is extremely overkill, but against other beings they do so, or if they want, they just need to want to do it to coat their attacks with thespiritual energy to use it.

No, the name is magic resistance but the thing actually is resistance against supernatural in general, like even genetic powers can be nulled, so isn't limited to pure magic.
....Ugh. Alright then.
They just charge their attacks with spiritual energy and damage the concept/info/soul of the other side, is how servants can damage and manipulate the spirit core of other servants. When against normal people they don't use it because is extremely overkill, but against other beings they do so, or if they want, they just need to want to do it to coat their attacks with thespiritual energy to use it.
So, basically her sword swings just now have those hax applied to them?

Basically that
Mind you she didn't use it too often in-characters but considering that she's in AP disadvantage, she's going to use it

....Ugh. Alright then.

So, basically her sword swings just now have those hax applied to them?
Basically, actually since her weapon is a conceptual one she have those and more haxs by default, included the regen negation, they were things added not so long ago by a user so people I think forgot about them, especially since not all servants have conceptual weapons.

Insivible Air is probably the thing that supressed the default haxs of Excaliburn as conceptual weapon, though again do to her instincts she should know the danger and stop holding back.

I mean, does she have to hit him in order for it take effect? Or is it just some mysterious shit that immediately attacks the target once it appears?

If it's the former, then the chances of Ning winning is much, much higher.

I mean, does she have to hit him in order for it take effect? Or is it just some mysterious shit that immediately attacks the target once it appears?
It have to hit, but she argueably have the skill to hit him with normal attacks, especially with her instincts that are basically precog, her mana bursts have hundreds of meters (though now that I notice the profile only say tens of meters with Mana Burst, probably a minor error because they definitely are much higher than that) and her NP is a really big beam so he would have hard to dodge them do to the AOE, especially since he would need to close the distance to engage in physical combat because of her magic resistance nullying his haxs.

Edit: Now I will really go to sleep, so if needed I guess I will answer some hours later.

Last edited:
It have to hit, but she argueably have the skill to hit him with normal attacks, especially with her instincts that are basically precog, her mana bursts have hundreds of meters and her NP is a really big beam so he would have hard to dodge them do to the AOE, especially since he would need to close the distance to engage in physical combat because of her magic resistance nullying his haxs.
People with AoE on par with Ning himself regularly fail to scratch him. Agility wise, he waltzes through danmaku that shouldn't leave any room for humans to move past.

As for skill, he was dancing on a group of veteran swordsmen at 10 while holding back to fighting with 1 arm and 1/10th of his strength. He was then dancing on 6 people who previously outclassed him after a year of training. 5 years later and in a clan of tens of thousands of combatants his swordplay was completely incomprehensible. He can analyze and replicate any mortal sword technique with some analysis and simply invent new ones if needed and a technique that hid a sword attack in 10,000 illusions made from afterimages was seen as mediocre by him.

Also, does anything stop him from just controlling his swords at range like he does with his Thousand Sword Formation>

Last edited:
I see...

Well, Ning will certainly enjoy the fight and training that this'll be.

idk much about Lancelot, but majority of fate character can somewhat **** with reality to an extend with pure skill like this guy or i think this guy
.....That's extremely nebulous and seems to be more an application of hax. By that reasoning, Ji Ning connecting to the overarching concept of the sword across his pocket world and bringing about its presence in reality would be skill. Yes, but not something that can really be gauged that well with respect to an opponent beyond being a supporting feat.

.....That's extremely nebulous and seems to be more an application of hax. By that reasoning, Ji Ning connecting to the overarching concept of the sword across his pocket world and bringing about its presence in reality would be skill. Yes, but not something that can really be gauged that well with respect to an opponent beyond being a supporting feat.
That why no one want to mention skill when it come to fate. Because this kind of thing, we treat them as hax while the verse itself treat it as pure skill so well......

Welcome to Fate. Skill is literally hax here.

That why no one want to mention skill when it come to fate. Because this kind of thing, we treat them as hax while the verse itself treat it as pure skill so well......
That reminds me of a lot of korean and chinese novels, mostly koreans. Where most haxes are treated as skill, even shit that is called martial arts.

But oh well, are all the other feats like that?

That reminds me of a lot of korean and chinese novels, mostly koreans. Where most haxes are treated as skill, even shit that is called martial arts.

But oh well, are all the other feats like that?
Afaik aside from Sasaki and Muramasa, you have Musashi who reached the emptiness and can cut the void and Saber War 2 Servants that can f*** over neutrinos

I mean, it's the same in Desolate Era but I keep that stuff separate at least.

Do any of these "skill feats" apply to Saber?
As said below, they actually do have merit.

Nah, the only character that has actually gone against Saber that is in that category is Kojiro, and he was ahead in skill by a good margin the entire time. So yes, these ridiculous skill statements and such do actually have merit as those with them tend to outskill practically everyone they go against with only a few notable exceptions.

As said below, they actually do have merit.

Nah, the only character that has actually gone against Saber that is in that category is Kojiro, and he was ahead in skill by a good margin the entire time. So yes, these ridiculous skill statements and such do actually have merit as those with them tend to outskill practically everyone they go against with only a few notable exceptions.
It's not a matter of whether they outskill or not, that I agree. Issue I have is actually quantifying them against others. Cutting neutrinos via skill is ridiculous but something based in precision and aim so it's usable for comparison. Merging with the void or mind-haxxing doesn't make any sense even in the sense of comparisons.

But regardless, Saber doesn't have them so this isn't all that relevant to the debate. We can move on from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back