• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

RWFC7: Dawn of a New Era

After self-gibbing to create a small army of clones, i send them all out as data in the ground and in all directions, with many more rapidly teleporting around. Those headed towards the school and the shadow monster simply teleport past it, except for one, under the premise that the book is probably somewhere in there, which begins teleporting around inside the school, looking for either the book or any of the other treasures.

I, meanwhile, stay with the treasures, which i've buried a few meters underground just in case.

CrimsonStarFallen said:
"Damnit. If we get far away, will we be able to escape the darkness?" I ask the girl.
"I... I don't know."

The Smashor said:
"Tell me, Rei, and I want you to be honest. When you grabbed me, I became able to see the darkness. Do you have any abilities that are considered supernatural? You clearly have seen some things and you've seen the forcefeilds my companion has put up. I, personally, can create pratically any weapon and can heal from pratically anything. I also could literally survive a point-blank Supernova without a scratch. I need to know how much I need to protect you."
Rei tightens her grip on The.

"You can't... There isn't anything we can do but hide until it passes! I- I can hide on my own but don't want it to catch you either. Do you have any powers that could help?"

@Hl3

Kura arrives next to David and looks around.

"What's going on here?" she asks.

"We're trying to find some treasures around here without getting caught by something wandering around. We have all of them except for an orb, a book, a crown, and there's a lich wandering around that also has a skull and a pendent that we need."

I notice that The and Co. are having some trouble

Guys, you can just teleport out of the darkness

[Alright so, Ed has summer classes, meaning he's super busy and finishing up courage will be a pain. So, he kinda jokingly asked if someone else wanted to GM and I said "oh okay", and so after some exposition on the situation and me reading up on everything, I'll temporarily get things going on the way to the actual finale of this forking final chapter. Hopefully I can keep calm, unlike I have with the last 2 times I tried this]

An unease starts to creep closer and closer to The and co. as as Azencard opens up a portal out of the school to where David is

• After hiding I sensed the thing was going away..why? what happened? I try sensing using my soul sensory to see if there are more people than I thought*

[Me neither

Well you're supposed to help Illia help the guys find a worthy king. Or you could take the macguffin outright and cut the forkery. Up to you, but, there are consequences to cheating]

[You never headed off to The and co.'s location though, you're still with Ilia and others, unless I misunderstand you and you're just trying to get a bead on the situation from afar]

The Wyvern turns to Silas

"We require someone worthy to be king. A king must be strong. A king must be just and wise. He must be strict, but also fair. He should have the charisma to lead the nation and even our world, and the elegance to be adored by all. He must be absolutely perfect and hold no flaws. The king is the ideal that all men should hope to meet. Only the one who fulfills these conditions in their entirety is worthy to take this crown, as well as this great castle."

[Something about being chased by a monster but you're not being chased so eh fork it I didn't make this challenge roll with it]

[i didn't i just expand my field sensing to know the people around the area via soul sensing]

You can't really detect anything. Not to say there are no more people, but nearby what you think is a school, there's a thick cloud of darkness that blocks even your forms of vision completely

• Great this is a pain but after hearing about the king thing i instantly started to sigh* "So you're tell me that they have to be charismatic and lead people...in other words you might as well be a world wide harem king or smth."

Jake rushes into the castle's already open door, and walks into the conversation currently going about.

@The and co.

The beast only draws closer as Rei starts to panic more and more. Eventually, she just makes a break for it and bolts through the portal to get over to David

@H13

The clones rush out in various directions all over the place. Most just end up going where you've already been or generally nowhere, but a few have notable results.

The one clone that went into the school found a library as it teleported around, which should be a good place to look for a book.

Several clones end up converging at a castle, where a Wyvern, a Hippogriff, and a few of your allies are trying to find someone fit to be a King

A few more clones encounter the lich, which still has some of the pieces you need. It turns to you, it's hollow eyes gazing in your direction and it unleashes a necrotic blast of energy

"Ok anyone ready to have potential diseases for being one?" *I sarcastically ask due to the analogy working then jake just rushed in on the open door. I wonder if this trial is gonna get packed and we have to play hide and seek eventually....*

The library clone starts rapidly sifting through the books

One of the castle clones asks the Wyvern "Is this entire rigmarole really necessary? We have very important things that we need this crown for."

While the lich clone fired at simply teleports out of the way, two other clones use Wish to teleport the skull and pendent to each other, making sure to keep them apart to avoid another incident.

The library clone finds most of the books are the same, but upon gripping what seems to be the book, you can feel the monster catching into it's scent.

The Wyvern looks at the castle clone with more then a little bit of anger

"I do not know, is it necessary for you to continue breathing?"

Wish activates, and the artifacts try to come off the lich, but only rattle a bit as his magical powers counteract it. He lifts his arms and summons an Army of skeletons before firing a few more blasts.

The library clone teleports out of the school before firing a [regular] missle into the distance, aiming away from everyone he knows about, in an attempt to distract the monster.

"No, actually. I don't need to breathe. But I do, however, need that crown in order to save existence, so not wasting everyone's time would be highly appreciated if at all possible." The castle clone politely responds.

One of the lich clones gibs itself, creating a large amount more clones which begin to spam neon blasts into the mass of skeletons. The clones are all rapidly teleporting around, making it practically impossible to hit them, and more than a few teleport right in front of and behind the lich in an attempt to grab the pendant and skull, both with physical force and telekinesis.

The missile flies off, exploding amidst the forest

[I think I'll save the specific response for when Smashor responses, since The and co are the current target]

"Good to know."

The Wyvern flaps their wings with enough of a deafening force to send the clones flying away, eventually smashing against the ground with a splat

"So, would anyone else like to defile our tradition, or should we ponder it like good men?"

The Lich sees the absolute clusterfork unfold, but quickly dismisses it in favor of thrusting both his hands to either side, blasting the two clones with necrotic energy point blank, before grabbing the rest telekinetically and slamming them into the ground over and over [or at least, as much as Teleportation would let him do]

Hl3 or bust said:
The library clone teleports out of the school before firing a [regular] missle into the distance, aiming away from everyone he knows about, in an attempt to distract the monster.
"No, actually. I don't need to breathe. But I do, however, need that crown in order to save existence, so not wasting everyone's time would be highly appreciated if at all possible." The castle clone politely responds.

One of the lich clones gibs itself, creating a large amount more clones which begin to spam neon blasts into the mass of skeletons. The clones are all rapidly teleporting around, making it practically impossible to hit them, and more than a few teleport right in front of and behind the lich in an attempt to grab the pendant and skull, both with physical force and telekinesis.
(Save existence from what?)

[aight]

The castle clones simply reform, significantly greater in number than before. One steps up again. "Sir, I am not trying to defile your tradition, I am simply trying to stop a being that will cause it to have never existed in the first place. I have no negative intentions, this I can assure you of."

The clones don't actually teleport while being smashed into the ground, as every bit and piece knocked off of them quickly forms into an entirely new clone. These new clones continue to attempt to grab the skull and pendant with the telekinetic assistance of the rest.

"David, you're going to waste more time than we would if we played along this way." I tell David.I

I turn to the wyvern.

"I shall be the candidate for becoming king."

The Wyvern groans in annoyance, as the Hippogriff speaks again.

"It seems we must entertain this guest."

"Hmm..... Very well. But, this crown can only belong to a king. Unless you wish to suggest yourself as such a man, we cannot simply give it to whoever says they need it for the vague greater good."

The Lich sees the clones splitting off and assaulting him, so he figures there's only one real option left for him.

He surges with the highest of necrotic power, turning any clones nearby him to dust as he activates an ultimate spell...

ABSOLUTE DEATH

On even the smallest of levels of matter, all but one of David's clones completely evaporate, as whatever soul or mind they have shortly follow.

Fortunately, this seems to take it's toll, as the Lich's power shrinks dramatically, forcing him to leave his skeletons to grab David and at least try to hold him in place.

WHYNAUT said:
"I shall be the candidate for becoming king."
"As you wish. We will give you the trial by fire!"

The Wyvern opens their mouth, as they literally bake Ilia in flames reaching the absolute heat limits of the universe. To survive, she must rely on not her physical body or abilities, but her will and authority.

The castle clones simply observe.

The skeletons grabbing the clone are deconstructed into subatomic particles and promptly absorbed. The clone uses Extreme Speed to charge at the lich, firing a massive torrent of neon blasts all the while, attempting to grab the pendant and skull.

The Lich has trouble reacting, as he's blasted with a bit of neon, but, he eventually gets his bearings, and grabs David as he tries to swipe the pendant, slamming him into the ground by force and having his skeletons start to converge into a squad of giant skeletons, with enough necrotic power to nullify the energy conversio

I am Ilia Nautil, first child of Wharan Nautil, and first princess of Equilibrium. The loss of all I held dear did not break me and neither will this. I know we can stop the Supreme Darkness and I know that that I can't fail now that we've gotten so far, I won't fail. I shall be king.

Back